main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Someone Watching Over Me - Song Fic - LOTF Missing Scene

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JayaJagBen, Aug 5, 2013.

1. JayaJagBen

JayaJagBen Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2013
    A/N: Hello all. It's been a long time. Originally I wrote a story by this same name, but later deleted it. To get myself back in the groove, I decided to write a small song fic by the same name. Enjoy! I own nothing!

~~~~~

Found myself today
    Oh I found myself and ran away

Jaina Solo, Jedi knight and pilot, was floating in a tank of baca. Her injuries had been severe…but for her parents who stood watching over her as she bobbled in the fluid, the emotional and mental injuries were much worse.

Their only two surviving children of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong… because of the fall of one… had been forced to fight each other. For the sake of the galaxy.

And for Han, he wished the galaxy would leave his family alone.

First, it had taken his companion of so many years, Chewbacca. And then his youngest son, Anakin. Then Mara…

And now Jacen…

Though, if he was to be honest with himself, Jacen died a long time ago… and the man that looked like him was really Caedus, a Sith Lord that was masquerading as his son.

And now… all that was left was his daughter, his little princess, floating in the clear fluid, to heal from her many wounds.

Something pulled me back
    The voice of reason I forgot I had

Leia, at her husband’s side had far away eyes. As if she was not looking at her daughter, but rather past her. Han knew this meant that she was pulled into the Force or was looking through the Force.

The Princess of the former planet Aldeeran was looking into her daughter’s mind.
    Jaina was sitting in the middle of a storm in her mind, her legs curled up to her chest and her arms wrapped tightly around them.

“Jaina….” A voice called as if from far away. A voice she knew….

She couldn’t lift her head to look around.

“Jaina…” The voice called again.

“W-What?” She demanded, still not lifting her head. She didn’t want company. She wanted to sit in the middle of the storm, and hope that it would take her too. Like it had Jacen and Ani…

“Jaina….Please look up?”

The oldest Solo child did as she was told…and looked right up into the face of her baby brother

“A-Ani….” She whispered, her voice breaking as tears fell from her eyes.

All I know is you're not here to say
    What you always used to say
    But it's written in the sky tonight

“I’m here.” The boy said, kneeling down and wrapping his arms around his sister. He felt so real…

“Ani…Ani…” She kept repeating over and over again, begging this to be real.

“I don’t have much time, Jaya. But I had to see you.”

“W-Why?”

“Because you need me.”

She shook her head. “No… Why not Mom or Dad… or Tah-“

Anakin cut her off. “Jaya. You are tearing yourself apart. You need me most of all. Mom and Dad have each other. Tahiri has me in a way that you could never understand… But you are alone. You made it so that you were alone.”

She dropped her head, ashamed. Her brother was able to read her very well.

Anakin’s ghost like fingers lifted her chin. “Jay… You need people you can count on. You keep thinking that you have to stand alone. But that’s a lie… Every sword needs a scabbard to rest in…”

She wanted to look away. Ignore the truth of what Anakin was saying. But she couldn’t.

He leans over and kisses her on the forehead. “Sister, you are loved oh so very much. Please don’t forget that.”

Jaina reached out for her brother, hoping to have a few more moments with him… but he was already fading away.

“I love you, Anakin.”

“I love you too, Jaina.”

It doesn't matter what people say
    And it doesn't matter how long it takes
    Believe in yourself and you'll fly high
    And it only matters how true you are
    Be true to yourself and follow your heart

Jaina’s recovery was odd, to anyone who asked.

Everyone knew what happened to her, knew that there were scars. But no one could have imagined that someone with that much emotional and mental scaring could do what she did once she woke from the baca tank.

After a year of rehabilitation, Jaina found herself behind the controls of a ship once again. And not long after that, started traveling to all corners of the Known Galaxy.

She rekindled old friendships and stayed in touch with them – which shocked many who thought she had simply wanted to disappear.

To anyone who tried to stop her, they wouldn’t make it past their words of worry. She had that old fire in her eyes, a fire that had been absent for a long time.

She knew that her bother was watching over her. And she was taking his advice seriously.

She was going to not just survive. She was going to live.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent =D= Very insightful and IC.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Very well done.

4. JayaJagBen

Aug 3, 2013
    @ Nyota's Heart: Thank you! [face_blush] I really appreciate that.

@Briannakin: thank you!

[:D]For you both and for all who have read my little fic!

5. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Excellent story. I love this quote:
    So true. I guess Jag ended up being her scabbard in the profics.

Very well done! =D=

6. JayaJagBen

Aug 3, 2013
    @ Carlos Danger:D I love it when ships become canon. Thank you for reading and enjoying!

So... Now what? to write another?

I'm still new at this....

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Loved the scene between Jaina and Anakin. Very well written and emotional. :) Very good work. =D=