1. 2017 Fan Fiction Awards!

Beyond - Legends Someone's watching over me Important message from Author! Please read!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya_Jag_Ben, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
  2. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Man, I feel sorry for Jaina. Losing your family at age six. I wonder how this story goes from sad to happy.

If you have a PM list, add me! =D=

BTW Very good.
  3. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks LittleMissNightsaber!!!

Yeah. In this AU it's a little sad for Jaya, but it will get better! I promise!

Thanks again!

:)
  4. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I didn't notice you were a newbie. I joined a month ago so I'm kind of one, and Welcome to the Boards, Jaya Jag Ben.
  5. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks. I appreciate the welcome.

Actually, I'm not a stranger to the boards. This is just my first story.

Anyway, I've got most of the first chap. typed up. I'll post tomorrow if I can.

I'll PM you Nightsaber.

:)
  6. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I wasn't either. I was just a lurker before I joined.

Can't wait for tomorrow :)
  7. jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan

star 1
    :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW. You just killed off the entire Solo family save one in you first post. Maybe Palpatine should have been a fanfic writer, he might have gotten farther. [face_thinking]

Well, welcome to the Boards, you are doing great so far with the start to your story and I look forward to more.:cool:
  8. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks Jaina-fett.

yeah, I did just kill most of the Solo family in one shot. Sorry.

It's nessesary to the plot.

Palpy wouldn't have bothered. He just start throwing lighting and kill everyone in one shot. [face_devil]

I'm going to post a little later than I thought today. Darth Dance Teacher has me practicing pretty much all day. when I get back I promise I will
    post immediatly.

See ya later
  9. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
  10. jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan

star 1
    This is shaping up to be a fun and mysterious story. :D :D
    I look forward to seeing more of Jaina's mysterious powers.

If you start a PM list could you add me to it. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

11. EmperorFel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nice. I'm liking this. Looking forward to the next addition. :D
  12. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jaina-fett: Yeah. Added quite a bit of mystery for effect. In the next chapter we'll learn more about this "Dry Ice" guy. He may not be who you think.

EmperorFel: Welcome and thank you for taking an interest. I hope I can keep this story to your liking.

As soon as I can, I'll set up a PM list. I'm still fairly new and I need to get 20 posts before I can PM someone. [face_plain] Darn! But those are the rules.
  13. Kailene Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Welcome to the boards. :)

I love the way this story is shaping up, though I can't believe that Jaina's entire family got killed. Hopefully, by the end of this story, she will find some happiness (Jag maybe [face_thinking] ).

Please add me to the PM list please. Can't wait to see what happens.
  14. Princss_of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Great story!! I'd also like to be added to the pm list when you have it up. Update soon!
  15. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I sense something's going to happen.

Good work=D=

@};-
  16. Allana_Djo_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 1
    wow like the plot if you have a PM list add me please
  17. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Wow! Interesting plot idea, Jaya_Jag_Ben!! I don't think I would have been brave enough to kill off almost the entire Solo family! :eek: I think I'd be afraid of getting beat up...[face_beatup]

Great job so far. The 'invisibility' power sounds cool, and makes me wonder what other tricks she may have up her sleeve... [face_thinking]

I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Keep up the great work!

~Celeste
  18. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
    Kailene: Thanks. Jaina will find happiness soon, but if I was to tell you with whom that would spoil it. ]-}

Princss: I'm so glad you like it so far! Next update should be on Fri. Hope to see you then!

Nightsaber: Yes something is going to happen. Something always does. Thanks.

Allana: Thanks and sure, I'll add you.

Celsete: Thanks for coming to read my story! I was afraid of posting this story originally. I debated for days on weither or not I should post it on the boards. Invisibility is AWSOME. I had to use it. Yeah. Jay's got quite a bit up her sleeve. ]-}

I'll see you all on Friday!!!:)
  19. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
  20. EmperorFel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is this shaping up or what!? Very good!

(That's right, you've raised my hopes!)

I thought I should mention this; Thank you for not including Jacen - I have always despised him. Actually it was disdain in Young Jedi Knights. Despise in early NJO. Regret that he survived in Traitor. Grudging acceptance with heavy undercurrents of suspicion in late NJO. Outright dislike and disgust post-NJO. But that's irrelevant!

So, my point is; I like stories without Jacen Solo.

Another irrelevant point - Jacen/Tenel Ka SUCKS! But in a sad way it works, because at one point, J would have been TK's bitch, because he was so pathetic, and that's how things worked in Hapes. *shivers*

Back on topic - great work!
  21. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
    EmperorFel: I raised your hopes![face_blush] Aw. your welcome. I didn't really like Jacen either. I've always gravitated towards his twin. Maybe it was because I was a tomboy as a kid or something.:p J/TK is a rather "use and be used" sort of relationship.:mad: I don't really like that, though I do like TK but only in certain instances-with her daughter mainly, cause she actually acts human. I'm sort of glad they killed him off, especially after DN. *shivers*

Anyway, I'm glad you like it. :)
  22. EmperorFel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I always liked Tenel Ka fine! I prefer her as the Queen to the warrior, so post -Dark Journey. I know people will disagree, but it was her duty... It's all Kevin J Anderson's fault.

Also, they never really made J/TK believable, or I could never get into it. By the end of it, I still do regret Allana'a existence. Perhaps not regret, but something like that. It feels similar to a child conceived from a rape, or from intercourse with a relative.

Perhaps that's a terrible opinion to hold... but that's how I feel nonetheless.

Also, what did you think of Tenel Ka's mother? I always thought she was great, but they ruined her in Dark Journey.
    (come on, humour me :D I just love an irrelevant discussion.)
  23. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alright, I'll humor you.

To be honest, I didn't pay a lot of attention to Teneniel Djo character in the Courtship of Princess Leia. (I was mainly watching Han and Leia:p) However, I did enjoy the way she acted around Luke. It was quite humorous, or maybe it was just because of the place she lived and the traditions of her people (Women rule absolutely over men.) [face_laugh] Just like Hapes. No wonder Isoldor fell for her.[face_laugh]

I do like her talent for the Spell of Storm. Though she did give into anger on many occasions, but then again so did Jaina, Kyp, and even Luke on occasion. And yes, they did sort of destroy Teneniel in Dark Journey, but Politics and Stress can do that to a woman. Plus, she did just loose her baby! :_|

It was Ta'a Chume that I always disliked. I always got a bad vibe from her. Particularly in Dark Journey. :mad:

I sort of knew that TK was going to have to take her place as Queen Mother. The other choice was her Evil Granny or Jaina, who will always be a Goddess. Isoldor was too old for her. [face_sick] Jacen did good when he killed that [face_devil]. Though I wish he hadn't killed Isoldor. He was a good man, for all his mother was. :_|

Oh. And poor Allana. That child had problems even before she was born. :_|

So, What do you think of the Evil Granny from Hapes?
  24. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight

star 2
  25. EmperorFel Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, call me daft but I really enjoyed the whole love quadrangle that was going on COPL. I thought it was very entertaining how they put that together. Of course, Luke ended up alone. (he would find his lady about 15 years later though.)

It truly was a sad thing (about Tenenial's miscarriage), and I can see how she would be affected like that, but I would've liked to have seen her live, and you know, get better and not have such an undeserving death. And you're right, I always thought Tenenial and Isolder was a great pairing, and, of course, Isolder shouldn't have been killed (another pathetic, undeserving death. You'd expect them to go out in a blaze of glory, at the Command of a fleet of starships...)

Yeah, Ta'a Chume was evil. Didn't she have her first son killed? It's sad that the best thing Jacen did for anyone was put her into a coma. Or was she killed? So Evil Granny from Hapes = BAD!

Allana really would have problems. Uncharacteristically, the novels seem to be downplaying that, but she would. You could say, "what the difference between Luke/Leia and Allana? They both had horrible fathers." But I always think of who their fathers were at the time of... creation. Anakin was still a good bloke (that could be debateable), but I think he was doing better than Jacen.

AND NOW I SHALL READ THE NEXT CHAPTER!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.