main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Someone's watching over me Important message from Author! Please read!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya_Jag_Ben, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allana_Djo_Solo

Allana_Djo_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2008
    I loved the fact that even in the most dire conditions hes thinking shes going to kill him for keeping her warm shes not her aunt at all is she? sarcasm

2. Rogue11JSF

Rogue11JSF Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2009
    Awesome post! cant wait to see what happeneds when Jaina wakes up...
    But how will they ever get out of that blasted cave...
    And well... i donno if anyone else noticed but i'm sure davin can swim.
    ~Rogue

3. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    More today please!!!!

[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

4. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    Empress:Glad you like. Jaina will wake up, just not immediately.

Jordan: I don't know about updating in the morning, I've got work I need to work on before I can work on SWOM. There will be an update today, just not right away. :(Sorry.

JJF: Glad you had a good trip! :) Yep. The J/D conflict was intense. Let's hope they don't meet up so quickly within the next few chapters. That would be bad for both of their health.[face_worried] And Of course Jag is enjoying his situation. He loves the girl after all! :p

Allana:Yep. Jaina learned from the best. [sarcasm]

Griff: [face_thinking]Good point. He may send someone to go looking for his brother and Jaina, but remember, the waters of Naboo are full of dangerous monstrosities. Davin will be very cautious if he does send someone after them.

Alright. New post today, perhaps around 3pm eastern time.

JJB
    [face_peace]

5. Rogue11JSF

Jul 3, 2009
    lol i'm sitting here trying to do the math for what three pm eastern time is here. . . lol its really not that hard i just lost the left side of my brain years ago due to all the music and painting i do... i think... thats like... five pm my time... :( oh well on the bright side... i should be home by then... I'm going to look for a cello today YEY.
    I cant wait to see what happeneds to Jaina though...
    *Fidgets in suspence*
    ~Rogue

6. EmperorFel

EmperorFel Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2009
    No worries Griff. You should've seen me trying to figure it out. It didn't help that I don't even know what Eastern time is.

But I just made some assumptions, and figured it would be best to find a time converter. :p

I think I'll be asleep when it's posted. Yeah, 4 in the morning. I should set the alarm. I've done it before to watch the World Series of Poker on ESPN. And this wouldn't take nearly as long. I'll see how I go.

Whatever happens, cheerio and good-night all.

7. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I KNEW AIDEN WAS DAVIN I KNEW IT I KNEW IT..and if you doubt me you can look about to that post where Aiden was like I cannot fail......

8. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    message Deleted.

9. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    Poor Jaina. But go Jag! Can't wait to see what happens when people figure out who Aiden really is.

10. EmperorFel

Apr 17, 2009
    Wooooo! I did get myself up. Though not at 4am. I set my alarm for 6.50. :D

Ohhhh, Jaina didn't wake up. And now she's warm. No matter, Jag, she can always be warmer [face_mischief].

Anyway, it turns out I only set my alarm 15 minutes earlier than usual, so I best be on my way.

Cheerio :cool:

11. Rogue11JSF

Jul 3, 2009
    Fel- Thats alright... i have a weird way of thinking about time on the other side of the globe... i figure if you're directly opposite to me which you being in austrailia are actually pretty darn close to that you're about the same time say just different part of the day ie: you're five am is my five pm etc... for anyone else i figure they're either pretty similar to that or about half a day ahead or behind in time.. now this might not nessesarily be correct but thats how i think of it.. lol my brain has always been a little twisted though.

JJB- Nice post but i need more... its deffinately a need. :D

12. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    That was soooooooo good.....I'm hoping that the next post happens in two days story time..... I need a little lip action between my 2 favorite SW characters:)

13. EmperorFel

Apr 17, 2009
    Griff: I'm not sure why but I never even pictured it that way. You see, when I think of Earth, all I see is a flat, 2-dimensional map. So thinking about time differences always undoes me.

I do know that Britain is 11 or 12 hours different though. But that doesn't help me because I don't know how far off the UK is from US.

Also, I agree with Jordan. It's been far too long since their kiss.

As a point of possible discussion, there's one thing that I'd like to know. I'd like to know if Australian novellist Matthew Reilly is popular at all in the US? This is something I'm sure I could find from a website, but I wanted to know in particular if anyone on this board knows who he is.

14. Rogue11JSF

Jul 3, 2009
    Fel- So what you're saying is... To you the world is flat. :p
    jk
    as for that author... i've yet to hear of him... and i read quite a bit
    is he any good or are you mentioning him because you want to rant about him?

15. EmperorFel

Apr 17, 2009
    Griff: [face_laugh] I walked right into that one.

The reason I would think that is because, growing up, I had a desk in my room with the political map on the top (you know the sort), and I more or less memorised that. Too much time avoiding study.

As for Matt Reilly, he's brilliant (my opinion). Allston and Zahn give a really good read, but Reilly blows them away. He writes action/thrillers. Military conspiracies and all the stuff that I find enjoyable. His and, though I'm somewhat ashamed to admit, the Harry Potter books are the only books I'd find so addictive as to find myself reading in the morning and realise I haven't slept at all.

Anyway, I'm sure the normal reader probably wouldn't react the same as I, but you should definitely check him out. Highlights I'd say are Ice Station, Area 7, Seven Ancient Wonders, Six Sacred Stones, and Contest. Though I really hope you don't read them and think I'm a douche or something like that.

Anyway, what my ultimate point was, that Matt Reilly would write a hell of a Star Wars novel. It wouldn't be your traditional SW novel (you'll realise that if you read him). But I may not be able to have that discussion since maybe no-one know who he is. Apparently he's a best-seller around the world, though (except in France, they always pull the villain role haha).

16. Rogue11JSF

Jul 3, 2009
    lol you did walk into that on Fel...

thats pretty cool though i will have to check him out..;) lol j/k
    but no i'm always looking for a good new read...

Now since we're suddenly swapping authors now... if you're into classic writing and no i dont mean austen...
    something that will really blow your mind is Ayn Rand. My personal favorite being Anthem...
    Now dont let me fool you these are not happy stories. they are stories about real life occurances and yet they are very VERY Metaphoracal... every aspect of them has some kind of deeper meaning that you cant fully realize until you get to the last sentence of the last page of the book... not exactly an easy read but thought provoking.

If however you are not into that sort of thing there is a book called infinate jest that i picked up a while back...
    its rather confusing because the guy its set around is a drug adict and the point of view changes suddenly without warning depending on his state of highness... deppressing and yet rather histerical is how i would describe it...

oh and as for harry potter... dont worry we've all been there. :D

oh and if you're looking for sifi orson scott card is my personal favorite next to zhann... i've also been told that terry prachett is rediculously funny

17. EmperorFel

Apr 17, 2009
    Griff: Wait what does j/k mean? :confused:

If there's one thing to know about me, it's that I am completely illiterate when it comes to internet language, most acronyms and most abbreviations. It took me months to figure out what 'DRL' meant. I actually had to ask someone else, but it still counts.

but no i'm always looking for a good new read...

Well, after what you've suggested to me, it looks like our interests in literature may be skewed somewhat. You see, I don't get into that meaningful, metaphorical, thought provoking stuff. You can call me simple, but at the end of the day, I just want to be entertained. So I read Star Wars, Matt Reilly, Tom Clancy. I even have some Ian Fleming sitting on the bookshelf. Chris Ryan, James Phelan. I don't know how old you are, but did you ever read the Alex Rider novels by Alex Horowitz? I even read one of those only earlier this year, even though they're targeted at young adults.

However, I'm going to scout out Orson Scott Card.

oh and as for harry potter... dont worry we've all been there.

And I'm not even a fan of it, to be honest. But I started reading and I couldn't stop. I actually absorbed so much of it that I was showing up people on Harry Potter knowledge who called themselves HP freaks.

18. Rogue11JSF

Jul 3, 2009
    Fel- actually my taste in books are rather varied... i like thought provoking things but i also love to be entertained... zombies and vampires being my favorite subjects next to star wars. the last one i just read is called Generation Dead... its quite good and is also geared towards teenagers... heck i finally finished the pendragon series after like a decade.. i've been reading them since highschool and d j machale finally finished the series... thats another thing.. i hate not finishing a series... especially if its a good one... if it sucks well thats another matter entirely but a good series must be completed. and if you do look up Card make sure you check out his Ender series... he's got another series that i've never actually read just because of the length... its near star wars size... and one star wars size series is big enough for a life time i think. :)
    (especially considering star wars is still going) i'm still wondering how their all not dead yet... [face_whistling]

oh and jk means just kidding

19. EmperorFel

Apr 17, 2009
    jk=just kidding

*files it away into the database*

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions. While I'd like to say more, I really have to get to bed.

Cheerio all.

I-)

20. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    Empress:Thanks, that's to come. How is Jaina poor? :confused:

Fel: Thanks for getting up at least. :p.

Ohhhh, Jaina didn't wake up. And now she's warm. No matter, Jag, she can always be warmer

Leave it to Fel to suggest something like that. :p

G'night. Sleep well.

Griff: more will be up later today.

Jordan:I need a little lip action between my 2 favorite SW characters:)

What kind? The yelling and screaming at each other kind or the :* kind? :p

Just a head's up to all my wonderful readers: I will be out of town this weekend and have no connection to the internet. I will post today and (if I can) tomorrow. I won't leave you guys hanging so no worries there.

Thanks for understanding.

JJB

21. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    How about both???????
    Oh and just a question.....does the RedFreeze victim remember what happend before?????
    also can they hear?????
    So how long was Aiden working with the Queen???? Did Davin just kill the real Aiden???
    Also why didn't Luke and Jaina sense Davin there???????
    Also why didn't Jag recognize his bro?????

22. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    Jordan: alright. Both it is. With high intensity.

RedFreeze victims do remember just what happened before being drugged.

Think of it this way: RedFreeze is like being frozen in carbonite without the carbonite. Can't see, Can't here, Can't feel, etc.

Aidan worked for years for the Queen. Davin took his place and assumed his identity.

Davin is a master of deception and thus was able to hide himself well in the Force.

Jag didn't recognize him because Davin manipulated his appearance so that he would look nothing like himself.

That help any?

23. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009

Coolio.....when do we get the next post?

HIgh intensity...yummy

24. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    message Deleted.

25. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    chapter 32

Davin is such a horrible, manipulitive, [face_frustrated] aaarrrggghhh, I can't think of anymore words to describe him, but I will be extremely pleased when Jag finally teaches him a lesson. Davin must be pretty strong in the force for Luke & Jaina to not have suspected anything.

Let's hope the queen takes Aidan/Davin's word to heart about "your biggest ally being your worst enemy", I think the queen is smart enough to catch onto his game sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

How is Jag going to get them out of the cave? [face_thinking] He can't possibly wait two days for Jaina to wake and he can't leave her there while he goes for help. If he waits for her to wake up and use the force to call to Luke, Davin will be able to sense that and get to them first.

I enjoyed the Zekk & Phoebe part, the more you write about him the more I really think that before this story is over he will somehow betray Brakiss or Davin to save either Jaina or Phoebe. Who was having the vision at the end, was it Phoebe???

[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying] Please, please post as much as you can before you leave. You can't just leave us hanging!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.