Beyond Someone's watching over me Important message from Author! Please read!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya_Jag_Ben, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. EmperorFel Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    hurrrrry, I have to go soon. ehhhhhhh, come ooooon.

And as for Faith Hill... yeah. Let's all go with that...

In the meantime, I'll ask this, because I'd like to understand it. Let's take celebs out of the picture. Is the idea of keeping your own surmane a feminist ideal? Would most people do that with some misguided attitude towards life?

My view is that you share a name, representative of your union. Of your love. And eventually, it becomes your family name. I'd hate to grow up with parents of different surnames. It just would wouldn't feel right. My family is the Downer's. It's not "the Downer's, except my Mum's a Thompson."

But really, postie postie! I gotta go soon, and I won't be back for ages.

By the way, welcome back. [:D]
  2. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    No post tonight. :( Postie tomorrow. Cross my heart!

JJB
  3. Kailene Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

YAY!!!!!!! You're back, waiting patiently for a post.
  4. Allana_Djo_Solo Jedi Knight

star 1
    changing you last name is being submissive to your husband those who don't not including the celebs i dont know why but don't respect their husbands enough to take their last name when I get married I will take my husbands name as a sign that I am under him
  5. JordanCHFel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Master-PLEASE POST SOON!

Fel- I totally agree....I think that the only time you shouldn't is if it make a bad sentence out of it like this one person got married and their name was Pat and their husbands last name was DeButts so her name became Pat DeButts so I think ur allowed to keep ur last name......I think that highphens are cool like say I marry Brad Pitt (I really don't want to but just a popular person) Than I might change my name to Michelle Baihly-Pitt:)
    Cant wait for the post but I am going to take a shower!!!!!
  6. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry if you thought I forgot you, but I didn't know that you could write that much in two months, JJB.

I give you a review after I finish it. Okay?:D
  7. JordanCHFel Jedi Knight

star 3
    WAIT A SECOND.....YOU SAID SAD POST....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo
    MUST POST SOON
    MUST POST SOON
    MUST POST SOON
    *gaspsforair*
    MUST POST SOON
    *starts to fall of balcony*
    MUST POST SOON
    *savememaster*
    MUST POST SOON
  8. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a feeling that Zekk is very close to redemption. I never had any real interest in him though. J/Z's relationship was aright, but no offense to Jacen-haters, I like J/TK. They had a relationship could have been good until Del Rey messed it up by ignoring Tenel Ka and making her Queen of Hapes. Although Jacen was really girly in YJk.

Jaina and Jag never had a real kiss. :p
    Hope for more[face_peace]
  9. JordanCHFel Jedi Knight

star 3
    When are you planning on posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????!???????????
  10. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Grand Master

star 2
  11. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Knight

star 3
    Another cliffie!? :eek:
    Zekk has a chance to come to the light since he now cares for the well-being of an orphan girl.
  12. EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I can't tell you how glad I am that Zekk is getting a chance to redeem himself. I'm not a fan of J/Z as a couple, but I don't think is a bad character.
  13. JordanCHFel Jedi Knight

star 3
    i dont feel like replying so sorry:)
    cant wait for the next post
  14. EmperorFel Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    [JordanCHFel]...Pat and their husbands last name was DeButts so her name became Pat DeButts...
    What! Are you serious?! That's hilarious.
    [LittleMissNightsabre]could have been good until Del Rey messed it up by ignoring Tenel Ka and making her Queen of Hapes.
    Let's be honest. She did the right thing. It took her years to realise, but she got it eventually. And is it the fault of Del Rey? That's debatable. I'd actually put it on KJA! (Force blast him!)

And now, I give you, what I feel is long due rant on the Young Jedi Knights.

RANT REMOVED - DUE TO COMPLAINTS, ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AT THE TIME OF THE RANT, AND SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE, I DEEMED IT NECESSARY TO REMOVE THE RANT, IN IT'S ENTIRETY. SORRY TO ANYONE WHO WAS UNDULY OFFENDED BY MY ANTICS.

No, Del Rey can't be blamed for so many of Kevin J. Anderson's failings. They, unfortunately, had to make to with what they had. If it was possible, I'm nearly sure they would've completely disregarded YJK - and in some ways they did.

But I wonder, what happened after their kiss, there? They seemed to have ignored it(or you're getting to that, and I should be patient :p) />
  15. EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Emperor Fel, while everyone is entitled to their opinions, voicing them as you have is innapropriate. There is no reason for profanity in a rant here. We do have younger people who read this boards, as well as people who don't care to read the profanity. It's offensive and unnecessary. Out of respect for the author's work and everyone who enjoys reading it, please keep this thread clean.
  16. CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Great update, JJB!

I'm interested in seeing weher you're taking the Zekk thread. I wonder when his eyes are going to change back from being yellow... [face_thinking]

Glad to see you're back again! [:D]

And alas, EmperorFel, I must agree with EmpressJSF. Please refrain from using profanity. It's shows a lack of respect not only for the other users but also for yourself. No hard feelings ;).

~Celeste

17. EmperorFel Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Celeste and EJSFel and JJB and others who may be concerned: Official apology

You're both quite right. I wasn't quite thinking straight.

My most profound apologies to both the readers of this thread, and in particular to JJB. If you would like to sanction me in anyway, I understand.

I will edit the post accordingly, but that seems too late, but regardless.

Once more, I am very sorry.
  18. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Fel: Thank you for your appology and the removal of your inappropriate rant. And thanks for the kind review of my chapter. Yes, Jaina and Jag might not think about the kiss or talk about it for a bit, seeing as the universe is still in jeporty and etc. :p Sorry to disappoint.

Celeste: Thanks for reappearing and putting Fel in his place. Zekk's eyes will change, eventually, and he will begin to play a bigger role, but as a good guy or a villan...that's still to be seen [face_mischief]. Glad you are taking an intrest in him. I like Zekk, just not with Jaina. :)

Empress: =D=Thanks for being the first to put Fel in his place. I appreciate it. I owe you one.

Jordan: I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. [:D] Feel better soon.

No post today. Sorry all. :(

Hopefully one tomorrow.

JJB

19. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Very interesting.

I wait patiently for more.

I guess that I'll join the informal discussion going on.

TK/J was ok. It could have been better.

I thought that it was strange that Tenal Ka never got her arm replaced. A cybernetic replacement would still be a reminder to all what happened. And if she didn't want a "pretty" one just have a bare durasteel arm. That's a turn off for most people.

If the RN and GFFA were democracies then I am Mara Jade Skywalker. Leia was the Chief of State for fourteen or fifteen years before she stepped down. And Cal Omas was Chief of State for about the same amount of time.

And in the few older books I read they never once that I remember mentioned an election coming up!

That's what I think the problem was: characters kept their positions.

And Allana should have a lot of problems because she didn't have a father or a good father figure in her early years. At least Luke and Leia had father figures in their lives. And at least Anakin came back for Luke. Jacen I don't really think came back. He didn't see that he had been wrong, or that he had done anything wrong, expect for a few thing.

If this continues I'm going to have lots of fun!!!!
  20. EmperorFel Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Just for the record, I wasn't exactly 'put in my place'. As I said, I had consumed some alcohol, and I immediately noticed how much of a fool I made of myself, the next time I read the board (you know, after I sobered). Obviously, Celeste and EJSFel cemented what I thought I did wrong, which was helpful too, so thanks there. [face_blush]

That's not to say I was completely inebriated (or blind, or any slang which be used. Slang for 'drunk' is very popular in Australia, because so many young people do it), but I was just lacking self-control where decency was concerned.

I'm not saying this to be difficult, or be a nuisance, I just want you to understand that I wasn't in complete control of my faculties at the time. Of course, I am still profusely sorry, and will avoid such cases in the future. :oops:
    JJB:might not think about the kiss or talk about it for a bit, seeing as the universe is still in jeopardy and etc.
    Oh, you'd have to use logic against me, wouldn't you. Thanks a lot. [face_shame_on_you]

Lady Misty: Yeah, welcome to the discussion. :D I'm going to take it upon myself to have a chat with ya! If you all don't mind.

Yay, glad to see someone agrees with me! [face_dancing] The durasteel arm is a perfect way of going about it. And as far as turn-off's go, I'd rather a steel arm to no arm. Am I right?

What is a democracy? I think that the point we were making was that they (NR, GA) were "more democratic" than other, possibly better systems. Celeste said that they were "too democratic", in the same way that the UN is too democratic, and ineffective. But neither are 'democracies'.

As to your last point, I completely agree. Not only does she have no father figure, but the possible father figure she had was a horrible monster, and that will always be in the back of her mind, growing up, which makes it worse. Unlike Anakin, who was all worried about his grandfather's legacy (obviously, he shouldn't have been the one worrying). />
  21. Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Misty: Welcome to the board. Thanks for taking an interest and please, join into our discussions when ever you wish.

Fel:Just for the record, I wasn't exactly 'put in my place'. As I said, I had consumed some alcohol, and I immediately noticed how much of a fool I made of myself, the next time I read the board (you know, after I sobered).

:eek: You were drinking!! WTH!

I wasn't in complete control of my faculties at the time.

Do you realize how much that line reminds me of something Jag said in another story I read? I just can't remember what it was....[face_thinking]

Well thanks for cleaning up your mess.;)

Be nice to Misty, Fel. I would like all my readers to be in tiptop shape for when I reveal our MASSIVE cliffy. [face_devil]

Which should be up either today or tomorrow.

JJB
    [face_peace]
  22. Kailene Jedi Knight

star 3
    You are beginning to make me very nervous, JJB, [face_worried] with your continued teasing of a "massive cliffie" in the next chapter. I am imagining all sorts of terrible things happening to our favorite couple. Soooo, [face_thinking] if you post the cliffie today, I hope you don't expect us to wait all weekend for some answers, :) you wouldn't be that cruel, right?????

Loved chapter 34. =D= Nice to see Zekk taking steps in the right direction, he took a big chance by leaving Brakiss and facing Luke. It took a lot of courage. Hope Jag's plan works and they are able to get out without Davin seeing them and to help the queen in time. Jag's plan seems so simple, and sometimes, the simpler the plan-the better it is.

23. EmperorFel Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    :eek: You were drinking!! WTH!
    [face_laugh] Hey, this is Australia! We may not be as bad as Ireland or Russia, but we're up there. [face_peace] It is something we take an indecent amount of pride in, I think.

Do you realise how much that line reminded me of something Jag said in another story I read? I just can't remember what it was....[face_thinking]
    That's awesome. I've been told, the way I act and talk, I don't even belong in this century, nor the last! My English teacher had a laugh of my use of ye olde English in one of my essays. All I could think was "where do I learn things like that?" I've never yet been told I sound like a generation y, typical Australian male.

Be nice to Misty, Fel. I would like all my readers to be in tiptop shape for when I reveal our MASSIVE cliffy. [face_devil]
    I wasn't to hard on her, was I? And I can't wait for this cliffy! You're drawing it out longer and longer, it seems. [face_praying] Please let it be soon. Today, maybe? [face_batting] (it honestly took me about 10 minutes to find that face. It shouldn't be that hard. There's only about 20 to choose from!!!)

-Fel-
  24. Rogue11JSF Jedi Knight

star 1
    lol thats all right Fel...I've actually been told i use far too much sarcasm and humor in my writing of essays. Is there such a thing??? I think I laughed for days at such a bitter repreif...
    ~Rogue

JJB- PLEASE OH PLEASE POST MORE SOON!!!!
  25. EmperorFel Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Griff: Yeah, same thing here. Though it was in some of my earliest essays, but it wasn't received well. And I understand where they were coming from. Sarcasm and humour shows, I think, a lack of professionalism or impartiality. Representation of opinion rather than fact and evidence. I once got a roasting for obsessively using rhetorical questions. It turns out my teacher hated them, and even though the essay was pretty good overall, I received extra-extra penalties for using rhetorical q's. I never once used rhetorical questions again.

But yeah, sometimes I just wanted to chuck some humour into essays. I never seemed to learn.

Now, there's something I want to ask anyone and everyone. Take anyone in the expanded universe, and select a real world actor to portray them. From any year, but has to be someone notable.

So I'll go first. Call me mad, but I'm going to say a young Tobey Maguire to portray Anakin Solo. And I just know that some people will scoff at that, but it works for me.

Come on. This could be fun.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.