main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Someone's watching over me Important message from Author! Please read!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya_Jag_Ben, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Griffins_Ember

Griffins_Ember Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    100!!!!
    awesome story btw need more!

2. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Great post, JJB!

I liked the twist with the ring... very cool!! And I must second Fel's statement about you answering some questions but leaving a lot more to be answered. Don't worry though, it's not a bad thing. The unanswered questions keep the readers reading and help to build the proper suspense. I know in my own writing, whenever I answer one question, I leave them with yet another. Sometimes the only trouble is keeping track of all the loose ends... 8-} You're doing an admirable job at that, JJB!

Ooohhh.... Force ghosts.... I'm going to venture a guess that the other ghost was good ol' Obi-Wan Kenobi... :D

Poor Jag, it looks like he's had his share of bad days... :( But the good old Fel resiliency kept him going strong. I'm with everyone else for a kiss eventually, but again I'm with Fel in that I don't think Jaya's ready for it just quite yet. Can't wait to see what your take on it is. [face_mischief]

Ok, well it's off to work for me!! Keep up the great work, JJB!

~Celeste

3. JordanCHFel

JordanCHFel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2009
    Just for the record I HATE how many readers you have..........I guess if I posted every now and then I would get more readers but who knows :)

Dani

4. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jaya_Jag_Ben Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 5, 2009
    Kailene:Gee, go away for a week and you sure do miss alot. :) Excellant updates.

It's good to have you back! [:D]

Just knew it had to be Jag =D=

Yep. It was just fitting.

I'm glad that Jaina is starting to warm up to him and trust him again, she has been through soooo much.

Yes. She has.

Loving dark Zekk, he's one of my favorite characters also, his character can work so well being good or bad.

Honest. I would love to have the guy be a good guy, I just can't figure out a way to make that happen.

Speaking of bad, Davin :mad: had better get his butt kicked good before this is all over, by Jaina and Jag. Glad you brought Wedge into it, he's always a nice addition to a story.

He will. By Jay, Jag, Soontir and a whole crap load of people. :p the man is totally on a hit list.
    I love Wedge. Just had to put him in there. [face_love]

You answered most of my questions, except one, Who was the other force ghost with Syal? Syal wasn't force sensitive (was she?), so the man had to be and brought her along, can't even begin to think who he was.

The Force ghost with Syal shall be revealed in the next chappie. No, Syal wasn't force Sensitive.

Glad to hear the Soontir is alive and will be making an appearance soon, I think that Jaina & Jag are only going to be heading for more trouble soon and could really use the backup. Hope for more soon. =D=

There may be trouble ahead, but just what will be telling. [face_mischief]

Glad you like and thanks for the reply. More up soon.

Celeste:Great post, JJB!

I liked the twist with the ring... very cool!!

And I must second Fel's statement about you answering some questions but leaving a lot more to be answered. Don't worry though, it's not a bad thing. The unanswered questions keep the readers reading and help to build the proper suspense. I know in my own writing, whenever I answer one question, I leave them with yet another. Sometimes the only trouble is keeping track of all the loose ends... 8-} You're doing an admirable job at that, JJB!

Thanks Celeste. That means a lot. :)

Ooohhh.... Force ghosts.... I'm going to venture a guess that the other ghost was good ol' Obi-Wan Kenobi... :D

[face_whistling]

Poor Jag, it looks like he's had his share of bad days... :( But the good old Fel resiliency kept him going strong. I'm with everyone else for a kiss eventually, but again I'm with Fel in that I don't think Jaya's ready for it just quite yet. Can't wait to see what your take on it is. [face_mischief]

I tell you, even in canon the man can bounce back so fast it make ME dizzy. [face_hypnotized]

Ok, well it's off to work for me!! Keep up the great work, JJB!

Have fun. See you later!

:p Feel the love!

[Edit: Thanks Griffen!]

New post up momentarily!

JJB

5. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    message Deleted.

6. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW That was sooooo adovable (Adorable in baby talk)
    I LOVE Soontir

So when do we get more?????

DAni

7. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    THIS IS AMAZING I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALso how old is Ben? Cuz sometimes he sounds like he's 5 but other times is 2

Also who is your beta??? I'm thinking of having a secondary beta so I can get my posts up faster:)

8. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009

9. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    Jordan:AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW That was sooooo adovable (Adorable in baby talk) I LOVE Soontir

I know. Me too.

THIS IS AMAZING I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More is on the way.

ALso how old is Ben? Cuz sometimes he sounds like he's 5 but other times is 2

Sorry. he's soposta be 5.

Also who is your beta??? I'm thinking of having a secondary beta so I can get my posts up faster:)

actually, I am my own Beta.

Thanks for the Replies!

Kailene: That was so sweet, nice to Jaina a little more relaxed and less fearful. She seems to be opening up very slowly to Jag. Hopefully she'll continue to let him in.

She will... hopefully. [face_mischief]

Aaargghh, I thought for sure I had figured out who the male force ghost was, and then it turned out to be Obi Wan. How did he hook up with Syal? Watching out for Jaina I can understand, but Syal, now I'm confused again. But its a good confused.

Who did you think he was. Anakin? Obi Wan hooked up with Syal because her son's destiny is entwined with Jaina's, so though Syal he's able to reach Jag who can reach Jaina. 8-}

The force dream that Jaina is having, is this happening later on (after meeting Gilad & Soontir, say at night) or right as she is meeting them??

Jaina had the Dream the night before. I should have put that at the beginning. Sorry. :p

Does Jag know that Jaina is actually a Solo or does he think she is actually an Antilles?

No he does not. He thinks that she is an Antilles, though he doesn't know which Antilles family she belongs too. Apparently, according to Wookiepedia, Antilles is a VERY common Corellian name.

Great reunion between Jag & Soontir, lots of emotion without over doing it.

thanks. Didn't want to make it too mushy but not dry either. Glad you like. :)

Thanks for all the replies. New post tomorrow... hopefully.

JJB
    :)

10. Jaina_Jade_Fel

Jaina_Jade_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2008
    [face_dancing] SOOOOOONNNTTTTIIIIRRRRR!!

yay!

aw. Obi-wan! that was cool how you worked in quote from canon into the story. That was cool. :cool: I was having a moment where I was like, heyyyyy this sounds familiar. :p

The moments with Soontir and Jag were too cute! I love old Sooni already [face_love]

Very nice!

11. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    When is more coming??????????I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. EmperorFel

EmperorFel Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2009
    Ah yes. I don't know if I said this before but I was wondering what was the fate of the Chimaera and Palleaon. And I had a suspicion that perhaps Soontir was on the Chimaera, at the time of it's disappearance.

I like where this is going...

I liked Jag's reaction to seeing his father.

Soontir's probably going to think that Ben is Jag's son.

Oh, except Ben calls his father Scar - but it could happen! There are different terms for father throughout the Galaxy, I'm sure!

Anyway, must read more! Good job.

13. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    Yep. He's Back!

Glad you liked that. Had to add that prophesy in there. Even though the rest of her family is gone, her title remains the same. Now as to what her task as Sword is...[face_mischief]

Thanks. [:D]

Patience. It's coming.

No, I don't remember you saying that earlier, but I 'm glad you were curious about it. I do remember telling you that Soontir was with the 181st and the 181st vanished with Chimaera. :p

Sweet. :cool:

Thanks.

Really? [face_thinking] Well maybe, but Ben looks nothing like Jag for one, for two Jag would have had to have been, what, 13 when Ben was born. If Soontir thinks THAT low of his son, he needs to have his head examined. Jag doesn't strike me as someone, at any age, who would do something THAT stupid.:p

Thanks. More will be posted later today!

JJB

14. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    I KNEW IT!!!! [face_dancing] Kudos to me for guessing it was Obi-Wan! :D

[face_laugh] Just kidding...

Awesome post, JJB! The 'touch' moment between Jag and Jaina was absolutely beautiful. You kept it really simple, which to me just added to its poignancy.

Aww... Ben is just too cute! :)

SOONTIR!! I knew he couldn't be dead! I'm glad to see him alive and well. Wonderful reunion scene between father and son. It really fit with their characters.

Ooohh, AND Gilad Pellaeon! The cast just keeps getting better!

Looking forward to the next post!

~Celeste

15. EmperorFel

Apr 17, 2009
    JJB! I didn't mean biological son! God!

You see, what I'm talking about is some sort of process by which a pair take upon a child that wasn't born by their blood, and which the process is compliant with relevant legislation. I don't know if you're aware of this process. In Australia, we call it adoption!

I do remember telling you that Soontir was with the 181st and the 181st vanished with Chimaera.

Ah, that would explain it. Good call.

Anyway, all in good fun. Should we talk about something.
    --------------------------------
    I want to do another rant, with your permission JJB.

So I'm thinking, my next rant could be either Paul Keating, The Greens (not aliens, the cooky conservationist party in Australia), Political Correctness, or really, whatever I'm thinking of on the day. I once said to friend of mine "you know, so many things annoy me in the world, I could write a list" so I did. I'm a little disappointed to have only 30 items on the list, but they are rather general, and I know not everything is on it.

Anyway, just throwing that out there.

EDIT[] Kudos, celeste [face_dancing]

16. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    I don't have Patience...........

OHhhhhhhh I think that Jag is gonna propose with the ring!

YEAH

17. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE.............I'm begging :)
    PLEASE

18. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    CelesteI KNEW IT!!!! Kudos to me for guessing it was Obi-Wan! Just kidding...

Good job! [face_dancing]

Awesome post, JJB! The 'touch' moment between Jag and Jaina was absolutely beautiful. You kept it really simple, which to me just added to its poignancy.

Glad you liked it.

Aww... Ben is just too cute!

He is. [face_love]

SOONTIR!! I knew he couldn't be dead! I'm glad to see him alive and well. Wonderful reunion scene between father and son. It really fit with their characters. Ooohh, AND Gilad Pellaeon! The cast just keeps getting better!

It may get better. We'll see Daala soon.:eek:

Looking forward to the next post!

It's almost done!

EmperorFel:JJB! I didn't mean biological son! God!

I know. I'm messing with you. :p

You see, what I'm talking about is some sort of process by which a pair take upon a child that wasn't born by their blood, and which the process is compliant with relevant legislation. I don't know if you're aware of this process. In Australia, we call it adoption!

America has it too, smart one. I have four cousins that are adopted!

I do remember telling you that Soontir was with the 181st and the 181st vanished with Chimaera.

Ah, that would explain it. Good call.

Thanks. Glad you caught that.

I want to do another rant, with your permission JJB.

Permission granted, Fel. :p

So I'm thinking, my next rant could be either Paul Keating, The Greens (not aliens, the cooky conservationist party in Australia), Political Correctness, or really, whatever I'm thinking of on the day. I once said to friend of mine "you know, so many things annoy me in the world, I could write a list" so I did. I'm a little disappointed to have only 30 items on the list, but they are rather general, and I know not everything is on it.

[face_thinking] sounds like our many "green" parties here in the US. Too Bad your list is only 30 things. I would have expected at least 50. :p

Anyway, just throwing that out there.

Thanks, Fel. :)

Jordan: I don't have Patience...........

I know. :rolleyes:

OHhhhhhhh I think that Jag is gonna propose with the ring!

:oops:Girl, you are WAY ahead of yourself. They've only known each other, what, a WEEK. give them some time for crying out loud!!

PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE.............I'm begging

I'm typing as fast as I can!!

Post will be up Before the day is out![face_praying]

JJB

19. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    So????? Who cares everyone knows they are meant to be together so why not???? He's sexy[face_blush]!!!!!!!!
    LOL
    Dani
    (P.S. Here is a cardboard of Jag for you to help you write faster:))

20. Jaya_Jag_Ben

Jun 5, 2009
    message Deleted.

21. Jaina_Jade_Fel

Jaina_Jade_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2008
    [face_frustrated] EVIL AUTHOR!!!!!!!!! gahhhhh!

awww. bennnn!!!!!!! haha, I've mentioned Ben almost every time I've commented :D But what can I say? The boys too cute for his own good.

Of course, so is Jag, but in a totally different way. [face_blush] [face_love]

I liked the whole scene with Palleaon and everyone. It was like a reminder of whats happening outside of Jag and Jaina. I have a feeling Pallaeon knows more about Jaina than everyone else. This could be good and bad at the same time...

:eek: they're killing Luke!!!! or maybe it's a trap? I don't think so though.

The Jaina/Jag almost kiss scene was perfect if not totally evil of you [face_shame_on_you] GAH! this is one time I'm mad at Ben!!!!!

Good post JJB [face_peace]

22. EmperorFel

Apr 17, 2009
    Permission granted, Fel.
    Booh yah!

Too Bad your list is only 30 things. I would have expected at least 50.
    Well in my defence, the items are general, and I always find things to chuck on there. For example, today I put on Independence movements. Yeah, some independence movements are good, but some are just annoying and don't benefit anyone. Like Scotland. You morons, just be a part of Britain! In whose best interest is Independence?

Why does that even bother me? I have no idea. Do I want to know? Not particularly.

Onto the post...

Ah, you'd have to prolong the inevitable!

No, to be honest, that [i]would[/i] be too easy. So, good job. (I bet you weren't expecting that.)

And Palleaon's a smart bikkie because I think he knows about Jaina. I can just imagine him twirling the end of his moustache. "Ah yes, I see." That or he has a pipe. Yes, he has a pipe! Why has Palleoan never smoked a pipe. Granted you can't really do that on the command thingy on a Star Destroyer, and they've never really shown him relaxing in front of a fireplace or at a pub or I don't know. Where do people smoke pipes nowadays.
    [hr]
    Today's rant... The Greens!

EDIT[] [u]The Greens : An extremist left-wing political party in Australia[/u].

Ughh, I hate the Greens. They are the biggest bunch of misguided fools, self-righteous douches to grace the Earth.

They actually think that everything they do is right and/or good for the Earth. But do they have any scientific evidence to back up these claims? No! Of course not! If they say it, it's the truth.

But the very worst thing, is that they have this habit of giving people a guilty conscience, and manipulate people into thinking, gosh, the Greens really are great folk, let's elect them.

NO! Don't elect the morons!

Look, I agree, we should protect the environment, but we can't just go into it with no evidence or anything. In Australia, their tabling this plan, this Carbon Reduction scheme, which is sure save nobody, but their political credit. Just so they can say they tried to do something. It doesn't matter if the economy suffers for it - they can blame it on the GFC just like every other policy! It's never Mr. Rudd's fault.

But anyway, we have a situation where the Greens control 5 of the 76 senate seats in the Commonwealth Parliament. That means, due to party politics, which Australia unfortunately operates under, the Greens have way too much legislative power.

But people think it's a good thing to elect them. It's fine to organise groups to protest or lodge appeals, but for god's sake, get the f%$k out of parliament!

Have a listen to this; This lady, this Green, is running for the New South Welsh seat in the Senate at the next Commonwealth election, and is expected to win the seat. BUT NOBODY SEEMS TO CARE THAT SHE'S A COMMUNIST! She actually is a communist, a Marxist Commie, and she's been in the Upper House in the New South Wales government since god-knows-when. CONSERVATION ISN'T EVEN ON HER AGENDA, but people think, yeah, she's a Greeny, so she's a good person. SHE'S A F@C&ING COMMUNIST! Communism doesn't promote good governance! Does anyone remember the Soviet Union, or North Korea, or Red China? God!

And this: Some stupid senator (from the Greens) actually took her child into the Senate chambers! A child! To a place where they're actually making laws. For the entire nation. So of course, she was kicked out. Any normal politician would've accepted this reprimand and never made the error again - who am I kidding, no normal person is dumb enough to take a child into the Senate! Oh, but not a greeny. She just can't understand what she did wrong can she? No, because everything they do is more than OK, (when usually the opposite applies). Then they tried to protest and say "well, it was the last time Id be seeing the child for two weeks." Well good grief. Surely you were aware that there may have been sacrifices when RAN A CAMPAIGN FOR ELECTION!
    [hr]
    Anyway, I digress. To be honest, I expected to rant, but I've really outdone myself.

So, next may be Political Correctne

23. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NO actually pretty good........if on;y Ben could have tripped and fell :)

So.....um when do we get more?
    DAni

24. JordanCHFel

Mar 12, 2009
    Distantly, Jaina reminded herself that she was annoyed with this man, but she just didn?t care anymore. She couldn?t even remember why she had been irritated with him.
    That is the most halarious part anyone ha ever writen:)

25. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    =D= =D=

Pellaeon frowned and then looked intently at Jaina. The young jedi looked away from his stare, looking instead at her hands in her lap.

Ben didn?t like this stare. It was very different from the stare of the Storm Troopers. This stare had intent and purpose behind it, like Pellaeon was trying to decipher a code that needed to be broken.

?Don?t stare at Jaya.? Ben commanded, coming to stand in front of Jaina, intercepting the dark eyed stare.

Pellaeon blinked and looked at Ben with a softer look. He nodded his head. ?My apologies.?

Ben returned the nod and returned to his place at Jaina?s side.

Pellaeon knows Jaina's little secret. The question know is what is he going to do with that knowledge. [face_thinking] Loving Ben, doesn't matter who is hurting Jaina, he is doing everything he can to protect her.

And just like in the forest on Wayland, everything seemed to stop when their eyes met. Distantly, Jaina reminded herself that she was annoyed with this man, but she just didn?t care anymore. She couldn?t even remember why she had been irritated with him.

She was drowning in his jade green eyes. Taking in his profile close up. She felt their bodies coming closer and closer, like north and south poles of two magnets meeting. His lips were only a hair?s breath from hers, and getting closer.

But just as his lips would have touched hers, a call came from down the hall.

?Jaya!!!? It was Ben and he sounded terrified.
    Jaina snapped back, breaking the spell and dashed out of the engine room, wondering what had just happened, and terrified at the answer.

Ohhhh, you're such a tease. [face_shame_on_you] They were so close. A kiss though at this point, I suppose, is asking a bit much. At least she is letting him touch her without freaking out, I find solace in that for now. Maybe an uninterrupted hug in the near future?[:D] [face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.