main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Someone's Watching Over Me Obi angst after TPM

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Wife, Sep 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Wife

Jedi_Wife Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    This is a songfic to Hilary Duff?s ?Someone?s Watching Over Me?. Go listen to it, it?s a great song! I don?t own the song or anything Star Wars. This is the first of 3 parts. The second is already written and I?m working on the third. Enjoy.

?I found myself today, Oh, I found myself and ran away.?

He stared into the dark night surrounding him. He felt a whispery breeze ruffle his ginger hair, freshly shorn where his long padawan braid had been. He reached up instinctively and felt nothing. Fresh tears poured from his cerulean eyes. How had this happened?

?But something pulled me back, A voice of reason I forgot I had.?

He was ashamed to say that an hour ago he had unclipped his light saber, ignited it, and raised it to his face. He looked deep into the azure blade, brightly radiating and quietly humming. With one quick movement he could pass into the Force. He raised it closer, closer still then shut it off and dropped it, collapsing into himself and an ocean of tears. His only thoughts were ?This is not the Jedi way.?

?All I know is you?re not here to say what you always used to say.?

In his mind, all he saw was that thing, that horrible monster killing him. His master, his father. He knew Qui-Gon would not want him to carry on this way, but he couldn?t help it.

?But it?s written in the sky tonight.?

He felt better, more at home here in the gardens. The temple stood guarding him in the background, holding all he could not bear to have and all he would die to keep. He struggled to remember Qui-Gon?s advice and calming words that had been whispered through the Force and his soft voice so many times before.

?So I won?t give up, No I won?t break down.?

He had to be strong. He had to be a good Jedi and release his feelings. He had to be strong and worthy of this precious, impressionable life his master had left with him. It had been, after all, his master?s last wish.

?Sooner than it seems life turns around.?

He still could not believe that two days ago he had been a padawan and now he was a master. Not only a knight, but a master who must impart everything, all his knowledge of the Force, starting now.

?And I will be strong even if it all goes wrong.?

His will had always been the will of the Force, but at times his faith in his destiny wavered. He did not feel ready to be in charge of the most important element of this boy?s life. He found he wanted to keep him because it was Qui-Gon?s dying words and at times he wanted to run to the council and unabashedly admit it was all a mistake. How could he be a master?

?When I?m standing in the dark I?ll still believe.?

Here in the gardens, lit dimly by the moon, Obi-Wan felt the Force swell around him. It sank some small amount of relief into his weary spirit and bones. He shut his eyes for a moment and tried to find Qui-Gon in the Force. He didn?t succeed, but in his heart he knew he wouldn?t. A single tear rolled down his cheek.

?Someone?s watching over me.?

2. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    A single tear rolled down his cheek.
    as did mine.
    I really love this, and I have decided...
    YOU MUST WRITE SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I NEED more writing from you!!!!

3. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    :_| :_| :_|

This was beautiful!

<sniff> a wonderful song fic, simply perfect.

You captured Obi-Wan's emotions so beautifully. :_|

Looking forward to more from you! :D:D

4. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    His will had always been the will of the Force, but at times his faith in his destiny wavered. He did not feel ready to be in charge of the most important element of this boy?s life. He found he wanted to keep him because it was Qui-Gon?s dying words and at times he wanted to run to the council and unabashedly admit it was all a mistake. How could he be a master?

This is wonderfully done! =D=

I'm so glad to know there is more to follow! :D

5. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    You know, that was a great format for a fanfic. It was there as a backbone and accent, but not overbearing. Very well done! Beautiful fanfic. Great job with Obi.

6. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    That was pretty sweet!!!!!

I hope you will do more of these.

Great job! :)

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great work! =D= I look forward to seeing more of your work on these boards!

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Great job capturing Obi-Wan's doubt at becoming Anakin's master.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Jedi_Wife

Jedi_Wife Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    Thank you to all the wonderful reviewers!! I just love reading your comments. They make me so happy!:) [:D]

I don't own anything.

?Seen that ray of light, and its shining on my destiny, shining all the time.?

?Master?? His reverie was broken by the tinny voice of his apprentice. He wiped at his dampened cheeks and turned to face him.
    ?Anakin? What?s the matter?? The young boy was clad in wrinkled sleep clothes and was shivering though his arms were crossed tightly.
    ?I?m cold master and?? He cast his eyes downward in shame, ?I miss my mother,? he said quietly. Obi-Wan let out a quiet sigh and bent down to Anakin?s level.
    ?Do not be ashamed. You mother raised you with love and gave you all she had. That is why she entrusted you to us, Anakin. She could not offer you the life that she wanted you to have. Your life will be something to be proud of, I promise.? A tear rolled down Anakin?s cheek and Obi-Wan wiped it away with a callused thumb.

?I won?t be afraid to follow everywhere its taking me.?

?Master, do you think that someday I could go back and free her? Free them all??
    ?If the Force wills it to be so, it will come to pass.? Anakin looked angry at the words.
    ?What if I will it to be so?? The words startled Obi-Wan but he gave an answer after a moment and laid his hand on Anakin?s shoulder.
    ?You must trust in the Force, young one. Your fate is already decided, your life is already written. Simply feel the Force in your spirit and let it guide you.?

?All I know is yesterday is gone?

Anakin stood silently for a while as Obi-Wan looked out into the dark sky and scenery. His back was to Anakin but he could feel him there. Anakin?s Force signature had grown stronger over the past few days. Obi-Wan was often shocked by how much Anakin could already control the Force, tap into things it took Obi-Wan months to learn and years of practice to fully appreciate.
    ?Master, are you coming to bed??
    -Yes- Obi-wan spoke through the Force and waited but no one answered, their bond was not yet strong enough.

?And right now I belong to this moment, to my dreams?

?Yes, padawan.? Obi-Wan finally said.
    ?Then, let?s go.? Anakin smiled.
    ?Why are you excited young one??
    Anakin?s smile diminished only slightly. ?Because Master, when I sleep I dream?and my mother comes and sits with me. It?s like I?m really there beside her.?
    Obi-Wan smiled lightly and they began walking toward the temple. Obi-Wan couldn?t help but think that Anakin?s thoughts truly were precious. It would be wonderful to see Qui-Gon in a dream. But he feared that if he did he would never want to wake.

10. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    ?Why are you excited young one??
    Anakin?s smile diminished only slightly. ?Because Master, when I sleep I dream?and my mother comes and sits with me. It?s like I?m really there beside her.?
    Obi-Wan smiled lightly and they began walking toward the temple. Obi-Wan couldn?t help but think that Anakin?s thoughts truly were precious. It would be wonderful to see Qui-Gon in a dream. But he feared that if he did he would never want to wake.

Poor Obi-Wan! He would never want to wake! :(

Both new Master and new Padawan separated from the persons who meant the most to them in their lives! :_|

?Master, do you think that someday I could go back and free her? Free them all??

?If the Force wills it to be so, it will come to pass.? Anakin looked angry at the words.

?What if I will it to be so??

Obi-Wan, did you hear what he just said? [face_worried]

Thank you for the PM! [:D]

I am so glad that you are continuing this interesting song fic! :)

11. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

Wonderful update! :)

Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I've been sooo busy with uni and work.

What if I will it to be so??

That's Anakin alright!

I really enjoyed this, the Master and the Padawan, each trying to deal with their own personal losses.

Can't wait for more! [face_dancing]

12. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    aww

A tear rolled down Anakin?s cheek and Obi-Wan wiped it away with a callused thumb.

:_| that was so sweet.. i loved it , it goes great with hils song too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.