main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Something I Can't Finish - L/M (Romance, Angst) - COMPLETE - Nominated Winter 2005 Reader's Choice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Title: Something I Can't Finish
    Author(s): RedGold
    Timeframe: Sometime After Planet of Twilight
    Characters: Mara, Luke, Karrde, and a little of everyone else.
    Genre: AU, Drama, Angst, Romance
    Keywords: Luke, Mara, Karrde, romance, angst
    Summary: After something happens to Mara, she takes a slightly different outlook on life and quits arguing with Luke. In doing so they are able to take a good hard look at their relationship. After this they both start something that Mara knows she can't finish, but doesn't want to stop.

NOTE: This fiction is complete on another website but I am posting it here for those of you who have not read it. I will post twice a week as I work on my other WIPs and try to finish them up. If I get through them quickly then I will step up the posting.

If you have read this before on SSB, please do not give anything away (you know what I'm talking about ;) ). Thank you.

I will post every Sunday and Wenesday at varying times, unless I step up the schedule, though I will tell you if that happens. If you still want to be PM'd, you just have to ask.

[image=http://img179.echo.cx/img179/6108/somethingicantfinish3wi.jpg]
    Coverart by AG88

Chapter 1

?Doctor Thabor told us to wait while he checked some lab results,? Talon Karrde moved in front of the doorway blocking his second in command?s exit.

?Look, it?s nothing but a bite. See,? she waved her bacta-bandaged arm in front of him, ?all better now.?

Karrde didn?t budge. ?He said it was important so we wait.?

She gave him a death glare, but Karrde knew Mara better then most. Med rooms did not sit well with her and she would always spend the minimum amount of time required in them. True, it was just a simple bite by some large arachnid creature they had run across while scouting locations for another base of operations, but the look in the doctor?s eyes after they had described the bug had put both of them on edge.

?Fine,? Mara sighed and rolled her eyes, taking a seat on the examination bed.

Several more minutes passed and Karrde glanced out of the window to see the cityscape of Tanlez IV?s capital of Chersha. Tanlez was a small and mostly rural planet, but it was very close to some of the new trade routes that were opening up. If Karrde could get a good foothold then it would be a boon for his business.

?Mr. Karrde, Miss Jade.? Thabor, an elderly gentleman with silver hair, finally entered the med room, a datapad in hand. ?Sorry to keep you waiting, but I have the test results.?

?And?? Mara asked impatiently, standing up.

?One more thing,? he handed the datapad over to her, ?is this the animal that bit you??

Mara looked at for a few seconds then handed it back. ?Mine was a little bluer, but yeah.?

?Must have been a female then, but that doesn?t matter.?

Karrde didn?t need the Force to see the trepidation in the doctor?s eyes. ?What is it??

?A Lerchid, a member of the Creontide family.? Tabor handed him the datapad so he could get a look. It had massive round torso the color of Imperial blue with six black spindly legs.

?I did a background search of the native wildlife before we touched down,? Mara spoke up, ?and I don?t remember any Lerchids.?

?That?s because we thought we had completely eradicated them twenty years ago.?

Karrde looked up. ?Why would you completely eradicate an entire species??

Thabor sighed mournfully and turned his gaze on Mara. ?Miss Jade, I think you should sit down to hear this.?

Mara put her hands on her hips and glared at the doctor.

?Fine.? Thabor took a deep breath. ?There is no easy way to say this, but the venom of the Lerchid is fatal.?

?Fatal?? Mara questioned before Karrde could. ?I?m still standing here.?

?Yes, but you won?t be in about two months.?

?What are you getting at doctor?? Karrde interrupted before Mara could give him a tongue-lashing. Did the doctor really say what Karrde thought he said?

?In layman?s terms, the Lerchid?s venom latches ont

2. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Yay! You posted it. [face_dancing]

Poor Mara is in for a long battle. Can't wait! hheheehhe

Wonderful start!

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ooh, interesting start.

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Ooooo! Lovely and interesting! Great Mara characterization, by the way! :D

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    It's up! [face_dancing]

I love this story!

6. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Ackk, this is torture!! It's like watching Titanic again, I know the ships going to sink but I just can't help myself!! This is great, I can't wait to see what happens!

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    See, I told you i'd read it again :)

Great start.

8. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Poor Mara. As strong as she is, messed with by a bug and one that is not even suppose to be around anymore. Reminds of how the Killer Bees came to the Americas. She needs her Farmboy. Love the story and could you please tell me what the SSB website is? I am abit stupid when it comes to fiction web sights and I do so enjoy them. Congrates on your marriage and your new adventure in England.=D= [:D]

9. Nightstar

Nightstar Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2005
    W00T!! I love this story! :D Although I didn't read it on SSB, I swear I won't tell anyone anthing.

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hooray! It's up! [face_dancing] =D=

11. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    MirandaFair - Yay! You posted it.
    Yeppers! :)

Poor Mara is in for a long battle. Can't wait! hheheehhe
    I really do put her through the wringer in this one... don't I... [face_devil]

DarthIshtar - Ooh, interesting start.
    I am honored to have you aboard my first attempt at real heavy angst! *bows*

Idrelle_Miocovani - Ooooo! Lovely and interesting! Great Mara characterization, by the way!
    Thank you! :)
    If you like my Mara then you might try out my fiction Emperor's Shadow. It's my flagship Mara fanfic and I base all my characterizations off of what I write in there.

Trace - It's up! I love this story!
    And this time you won't have to suffer the evil cliffies... and boy are they evil... [face_devil]

AvenKiel - Ackk, this is torture!! It's like watching Titanic again, I know the ships going to sink but I just can't help myself!! This is great, I can't wait to see what happens!
    hehehehe... I love the description/compliment there! Thanks so much! :)

JadeLotus - See, I told you i'd read it again
    I didn't doubt you for a moment! [:D] Hope you like it the second time around!

JEDIFLYSWATTER - Poor Mara. As strong as she is, messed with by a bug and one that is not even suppose to be around anymore. Reminds of how the Killer Bees came to the Americas. She needs her Farmboy.
    Yes, I'm not very good to Mara in this fic... she does need her Farmboy.

Love the story and could you please tell me what the SSB website is? I am abit stupid when it comes to fiction web sights and I do so enjoy them.
    There are so many out there so don't worry about.
    Skywalker Story Board - It's s private Yahoo group, but here is the archives for the fics. In theory, you could read ahead, etc... but then that would ruin the suspense, but up to you!

Congrates on your marriage and your new adventure in England.
    Thank you! I moved a year ago and married nine months ago... hhhmmm... me thinks I need to update my profile?

Nightstar - W00T!! I love this story! Although I didn't read it on SSB, I swear I won't tell anyone anthing.
    hehehe... thanks! [face_shhh] [:D]

VaderLVR64 - Hooray! It's up!
    I'm happy youre excited!! :) :D

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Yea! You are finally posting this story. You know I loved it. Well, I would post my theory as to what would cure Mara, but this is a PG site and I don't want to get banned (once is enough ;) ).

Great start!!

AG88

13. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Sorry guys, I had to edit the link to SSB out, as it's got mature rated fic on it. But feel free to PM it! [face_mischief]:cool:

14. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    This is off to a great start. I can't wait for more.

15. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The night before they touched down on the planet Mara had awoken from a daydream, shivering. It had been all too real as she stood in a large room warped beyond recognition. There had been people there, lots of people, all dressed in black. The mournful blankness on their faces blotting out their features, but she knew they had been her friends.

The one person she could make out was Luke Skywalker. Her former nemesis and current good friend stood in the middle of the room, his Jedi black?s even darker then normal, and there was a slight tint of red around his eyes. As he spoke, his words had filled her with pain and sorrow.

I love the imagery in this part. This story is wonderful! It's not often you get a glimpse at what Mara's feelings were for him during this particular time.

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    One post and I'm hooked.

I think it'll be interesting to see how Mara deals with her death sentence.

If you're doing PM's, I'd love to be on the list. [face_praying]

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks for helping my GPA a little and letting me read ahead. It's a fabulous thing you've written here. You all are in for a treat.

18. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Great start, RedGold. Very intriguing! Can't wait for more.

19. penguininpink

penguininpink Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Great start! It should be interesting to see how Mara deals with this.

20. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Oh, I know this one, Red... [face_mischief]

Although, I'll re-read it all again! :D

21. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    AG88 - Yea! You are finally posting this story. You know I loved it.
    If I remember correctly, you hated me when I wrote this.... o_O

Well, I would post my theory as to what would cure Mara, but this is a PG site and I don't want to get banned (once is enough ).
    Oh, yes, that theory... 8-}

ronderoo - Sorry guys, I had to edit the link to SSB out, as it's got mature rated fic on it.
    ACK! My secret is out! :eek:
    :p

Neo-Paladin - This is off to a great start. I can't wait for more.
    Thanks! It all goes down hill from here!

ronderoo - I love the imagery in this part.
    Thanks! :) I'm not much good at imagery so when I wrote that I was rather proud of myself afterwards. Probably won't happen again for a long time.

This story is wonderful! It's not often you get a glimpse at what Mara's feelings were for him during this particular time.
    Unfortunatly... oh the pro-ficcers... won't they ever learn?

KELIA - One post and I'm hooked.
    [vader]I have you now...[/vader]
    :D

I think it'll be interesting to see how Mara deals with her death sentence.
    In typical Mara fashion! ;)

If you're doing PM's, I'd love to be on the list.
    Righty-o. As said, I will publish every sunday, but no idea what time on that sunday, and could even be sat night in some countries... or monday morning...

BigFatty - Thanks for helping my GPA a little and letting me read ahead. It's a fabulous thing you've written here. You all are in for a treat.
    Awww, thanks! [face_blush]
    Glad you enjoyed it!!

cheersweetie27 - Great start, RedGold. Very intriguing! Can't wait for more.
    Thanks! I hope to keep you on edge later!

penguininpink - Great start! It should be interesting to see how Mara deals with this.
    Calmly, rationally, maturitly... except for that minor hitch... [face_whistling]
    oh, love the nick

Jadie - Oh, I know this one, Red... Although, I'll re-read it all again!
    Awesome! Glad to have you aboard!

22. NaomiOrganaSolo

NaomiOrganaSolo Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 8, 2005
    Excellent start, you've got Mara down just right. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

23. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Thanks! I really do love writing Mara, she's so much fun!

I hope you enjoy the ride!

24. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great start here, RedGold. The vision you gave to Mara was excellently done. Now, I'll just be interested to see what Luke does when he finds out the news.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

25. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    :_| Why am I reading angsty L/M, and not happy L/M? :p You're off to a great start. I loved Mara's first reaction to the news - like she was just shocked, overwhelmed, confused, and had no idea what to think. Not even in denial. :(

PM me, please! I want to know when there's more. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.