Beyond - Legends Something I Can't Finish - L/M (Romance, Angst) - COMPLETE - Nominated Winter 2005 Reader's Choice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Ariapaige Jedi Youngling

star 2
    She buried her head against him once again, revelling in his comfort. ?I still feel stupid.?
    Aww. Don't feel stupid Mara. We all have our moments. And you were about to die, after all. Some stupidity has to be expected. ;)

Glad you're better RedGold. And i'm glad your feelings for me aren't spoiling the story for the other fans ;)

i can't believe this story is nearly over! it's been so long, but i don't want it to end. on the other hand, i really want to find out what will be in the epilogue! oh the torment! post quickly!

;) paige
  2. jade51999 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Reading again I do have to say the first thought that popped into my head when I heard that Mara was old news..and that Borsk was up to something again.

EVIL BOTHAN --GO LEIA KICK HIS BUTT :)
  3. JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master

star 3
    I know that I have not posted for awhile, but I have kept up. So glad that Mara is well, stupid little bug! I hope she stepped on it. Do love your stories RedGold. Lets all go out for a cup of caff. I think we need it.[face_coffee] @};-
  4. Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ah, the fresh smell of L/M mush... :p

Go smack that bothan around, Liea!
  5. Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Gah! You post too quickly, I can't get a reply in at all.

GAH, WHAT HAVE I SAID?!

Chapter 19: nice to see Anakin passing on what he has learned; clever idea to have the Force owe him a favour!

Chapter 20: awwww ...
  6. JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master

star 3
    OH MI GOD HOW DID I MISS AN UPDATE!!!!!

oh well they were both brillent btw.

absoultly loved the mara/ani exchange!!!!!
  7. RedGold Jedi Master

star 4
    ginchy - Very Mara, I think, to feel that way about the whole thing--'stupid'.
    Doesn't it just seem so? After all, she goes through all that for nothing and has nothing left... she had no faith in her ability to survive it!

Now, if only they could be this happy in 'Bearing the Chosen'....
    Is that a hint? o_O

KT - Aw, how sweet! Mara's back, and true to Anakin's word, she doesn't remember a thing.
    Which is a good thing, because it shows how much she loves Luke!

Neo Paladin -On a path to better things I see. Excelent!
    Yeppers! Break out the Champange!!

JadeSolo - Awww, don't worry, Mara. We've all been there.
    You've died and come back? COOL!
    :p

I loved how no one knew what the midichlorians were. Was that Anakin's contribution to Mara's recovery?
    Sorta... he got the Force to heal her, and since Midi Levels are directly propotional to Force levels, there you go!
    At least that was my reasoning...

Golden Jedi - Glad you think so! :)

Feng Huang - Lucky Mara, you can feel as stupid as you want, you're still in Luke's arms
    Very good point! :D

I'll keep that bit of info on alternative medicine in mind if there's a relapse or you catch something else
    You should have heard some of the suggestions for what would cure Mara coming from the SSB girls... WOWZERS!

MirandaFair - Luke is perfectly tender and warm. You know how to write a fellow that can melt a gals heart, RG.
    I think of my husband... then write the exact oppisite... :p j/k ;)

They're getting married! Moving to Yavin 4 and Mara will carry out the plans Anakin set for her.
    Everything should go realitively smooth... let's hope!
    One post left to see if they live happily ever after!

Jade eyes -Okay, it's official. I can really bust loose with a loud euphoric whoop! Woo doggie!!
    LOL!! Cool! :D

This chapter is the sweet yummy outcome I've been hoping for.
    Yay!!

VaderLVR - Tap dancing the night away? Sweet!

Courtney - Thank you!! :)

Mirax Corran - Yay! They get to get married and live *possibly* happily ever after!
    hehehe... I like the 'possibly' snuck in there... heheh

SakuraTsukikage - Okay, this is awesome. You write both Mara and Luke so well.
    Thank you!

I just took a ton of hours out of my day to read this, but--heh. It was worth it.
    I'm glad that it was worth it! It always brings a smile to my face when I know that I've entertained someone!

BottledUpInside - Its a warm and fuzzy feeling sort of post.
    What a great descript!

I had a bad day, and it cheered me greatly to see them get engaged!!!!!!
    Always glad to help!

AvenKiel - LOL! I love Mara's reaction, blunt and to the point. You've done a great characterization of her!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!!
    I'm happy to hear it! She's just so much fun!

(have you got a sequal planned? Because I lvoe this fic!)
    Actually, no, sorry. There is an epilogue that spans a bit, but no real way to make a sequel out of this. I'll just have to write more L/M fics!

JadeLotus - I love how they were both at cross purposes, not sure if the other still wanted them. So Luke and Mara.
    Until they are actually married, neither is really sure... typical them...

I'm glad that Leia was so cool about it and Han, well. He's Han
    Gotta [face_love] Han!

DaenaBenjen42 - *bounces through story thread* Yay! They is getting married! Yay!
    hehehehehe... bounce away!!

Liked the reference to Fey'lya, by the way.
    Thank you! I always got to get a jab on him... ;)

summerdaisy - I admit, I've been a bad reader, and I'm an accomplished lurker, but I wanted to stop by and say that I love this fic, and I'm really happy to see Luke and Mara take the next step.
    Not a problem! Lurkers are always welcome! Glad you're enjoying it!

I wish that the story wasn't nearly over.[
  8. RedGold Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, here it is, the end! It's been an emotional journey for our characters, and I hope for you too!

I'd like to thank my readers:

academygrad88
    Ariapaige
    Asyr Handor
    AvenKiel
    AzulSaber
    BigFatty
    BottledUpInside
    cheersweetie27
    Courtney Solo
    DaenaBenjen42
    DarthIshtar
    Daughterofflame
    DreamingIce
    Feng Huang
    ginchy
    Golden Jedi
    Idrelle Miocovani
    jacen200015
    Jade eyes
    jade51999
    Jaded Girl
    JadeLotus
    JadeSolo
    Jadie
    JayaMioneDurron
    Jedi Trace
    Jedi-2B
    JEDIFLYSWATTER
    KELIA
    Killik Twilight
    Lucid Lady
    MaraJade1225
    maramijade
    Maul Brady
    MirandaFair
    Mirax Corran
    NaomiOrganaSolo
    Neo-Paladin
    Nightstar
    penguininpink
    rhonderoo
    Rosh Penin
    SakuraTsukikage
    Spike2002
    SpiritofEowyn
    summerdaisy
    tasujad
    Terra Wan Kenobi
    Trepidation
    Tych sel
    VaderLVR64
    Valin Halcyon
    Yslamiri
    ZaraValinor

I hope I didn't miss anyone!

And I'd also like to thank my lurkers, you know who you are!!

You have all been great and I always appreciated your support!

I hope this ending is as powerful to read as it was for me to write!

Sincerely, RedGold

Epilogue

Seven Years After Death

?This is all your fault!? Mara screamed at Luke and he winced at the following creative Huttese words.

?How is it all my fault?? Luke shot back. ?You were the one that said let?s have another!?

?But did you have to listen?? she screamed as another contraction hit her.

?Knight Jade,? Cilghal said from the end of the bed, ?you really should calm down some unless you want this birth to be complicated.?

?I just want it over with!? Mara clinched Luke?s hand and screamed again in pain.

?She?s coming, Mara,? Cilghal called, ?I can see her head. I need you to push again.?

Mara bellowed again and her body scrunched as she pushed. He could feel the pain his wife was going through and he winced again in sympathy. ?You?re doing good Mara.?

?Shut up!? she glared at him. ?I hate you!?

He had almost believed her when Ben was born, was sceptical when Owen came into the universe, and so he just grinned at her and said, ?I know, honey.?

One Year Later

?Mara,? Leia found the woman sitting in the Academy garden watching her two boys, Ben, 5, Owen, 3, running around while she fed little Padme who was just about to turn one.

?Leia,? Mara greeted her with a smile, ?I hear congratulations are in order.?

?Well, the engagement isn?t official yet,? Leia sat down next to her. ?Han is still debating if eighteen is too young for Jacen to get married, and to the next Queen Mother of all people.?

?I thought you liked Tenel Ka??

?Oh I do,? Leia smiled, ?I guess I?m not ready to be a grandmother yet.?

Mara laughed gently, Leia noting that motherhood had done a number on her sister-in-law, though she had been slowly calming, becoming more of the Jedi she was meant to be, since her death. ?I dread the day Owen is that age, he?s going to be a heart breaker, just look at him.?

Indeed, Owen was blessed with everything about Luke that made him boyish and handsome, with vibrancy outmatched only by her son Anakin. Ben was a handsome boy too, but more thoughtful, and he would make a great Jedi Master some day. As for Padme, she was a spitting image of her mother, fiery hair and gem?d eyes.

?Mara,? Leia said, getting back on track, ?do you still not know why you picked out the name Padme??

Mara shrugged, ?It just came to me, after she was born.?

?You remember Padme Nabberrie Amidala from your Imperial History classes??

?Yes, I believe so.? She chewed her lip in thought for a moment. ?She died about the time Palpatine took power. Later it was suspected she was pro-Rebel and that?s why she died, the first in many unexplained deaths that occurred over the following years.?

?I remember her too, when you told me you had named your girl Padme,? Leia nodded. ?Mon Mothma had told me about her long ago when I joined the Imperial Senate.?

?She was also young when she got into politics, skilled beyond her age.?
  9. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awwww...that was such a heartwarming ending

*sniffle...sniffle*

I loved that Mara named her daughter Padme, without really knowing why. That was such a sweet touch.

And Anakin meeting her again in the afterlife

*sniffle...sniffle

I really loved this story from beginning to end.

Bravo!!

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
  10. Neo-Paladin Jedi Master

star 4
    Beautiful RedGold, just beautiful. There were lots of stories in and throughout that I would have loved to explore, but you hit the high notes to paint the picture of promise fulfilled.

Thank you for sharing this.
  11. jade51999 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Great Ending
    *wink*

Nice how it all worked out..and no Vong! SUHWEET
  12. Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You just had to kill Luke, didn't you? :p

Great story :D And an excellent ending.
  13. AzulSaber Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Bravo! =D= =D= =D=

Loved the kids' names...Ben (of course), Owen, and Padme--Mara just naming her that unconsciously was a nice touch.

So sad when Luke died and Mara afterwards. But hey, at least she'll finally see her parents and be happy in the Force.

Wonderful story. Great job and I look forward to reading more from you! @};-
  14. Mirax_Corran Jedi Master

star 4
    :_|

Mom, dad."

Luke's death.

Great post! It was a perfect ending for this story ... Ben, Owen, and Padme. The perfect names for their kids. And how Mara picked Padme was just beautiful! [face_love]

No more ... It's over ... No more posts when I get home from church every Sunday ... :_| I'll miss reading this, Red.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Force Ghost

star 7
    Wow--an epilogue through the years. That's different--truly hit the high points. Glad they had a lot of years together. Thanks for all the drama, all the laughs and all the mush. @};-
  16. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Now I wish it had happend this way so there would have been no Vongy problems.

::votes for this story to become the new cannon::[face_praying]

Thank you for the sweet L/M mush-- so cute. :D

17. Courtney_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    :skips in::

::reads post::

:eek:

::dies::

:D

::comes back to life cuz Anakin Skywalker says a fic is no reason to die::

Wow... just wow.

=D=
  18. ginchy Jedi Master

star 4
    Great ending! I love that Luke and Mara still had a long life together, and 3 children...including a daughter! [face_love]

And I love that their children and the Solo's helped stop the Vong. As it should have been....

Great, great story, RG! Excellent job!

19. JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [face_love] [face_love]

If only profic had been this way...
  20. DreamingIce Jedi Knight

star 3
    What is this profic you talk of... Only fanfic universes exist! :p

Excellent finish, and seeing the kids through the years... [face_love] [face_love] Was Devin Owen's son, Luke & Mara's grandsson?

~Misha
  21. Golden_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    ?This time, no deal,? a voice came from behind her.

?You again??

Yeah! :_| :D =D=

Now, I'm sad its finished, but I'm looking forwards for another of your excellent ventures!

Thank you, RedGold!
  22. AvenKiel Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh, this was so beautiful, I'm so sad it's over!!

JACEN AND TENEL KA!!!!! You must tell all of this, in detail, immediately!!

23. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    You know I love this story, Red! And the ending is just beautiful!! @};-

Brava!!! =D=

24. Killik_Twilight Jedi Master

star 4
    *sniff*

Great job, Red! Very moving and touching. Neat seeing Anakin return to her again. :)

*sniff*

KT
  25. tasujad Jedi Knight

star 1
    what a nice ending [face_love]

=D==D==D==D==D=

nice to see them over the years :)

sad it has to end[face_worried]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.