main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Something I Can't Finish - L/M (Romance, Angst) - COMPLETE - Nominated Winter 2005 Reader's Choice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    i absolutely lovee it!!!! i really hope that you post again soon!!! i'll definitely be watching this fic!

MaraJ

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Oh yeah... that's right. If I remember correctly I cursed you and damned you to the deepest depth of the Corellian Hells (or was that for another fic?).

Ah, but that is all behind us now. Friends? [:D]

AG88

3. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Tych_sel - Great start here, RedGold. The vision you gave to Mara was excellently done.
    Thanks! It's just too bad it's a vision of the future... :(

Now, I'll just be interested to see what Luke does when he finds out the news.
    If he even finds out... [face_whistling]

JadeSolo - Why am I reading angsty L/M, and not happy L/M?
    Cause what's the fun in that? :D

You're off to a great start. I loved Mara's first reaction to the news - like she was just shocked, overwhelmed, confused, and had no idea what to think. Not even in denial.
    Thank you! It's so hard to write a person's realistic reaction to situations like these... but I glad I did okay! :)

MaraJade1225 - i absolutely lovee it!!!! i really hope that you post again soon!!! i'll definitely be watching this fic!
    Glad to have you aboard! :) I'll post every sunday until further notice!

AG88 - Oh yeah... that's right. If I remember correctly I cursed you and damned you to the deepest depth of the Corellian Hells (or was that for another fic?).
    No, no... that was this fic... about the 17th chapter I believe... ;)

Ah, but that is all behind us now. Friends?
    Awww... [:D]

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Interesting story Red. But Mara has had fatal illnesses before (coomb spores anyone?) and pulled through. Bet there's a happy ending in here somewhere :p ;)

5. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    True... true... but this ain't the NJO... I'm a hell of a lot meaner then those guys...

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    You're a woman after my own heart ;)

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Nice Start :)

Of course now i'm curious and knowing its finished on another site doesn't help me at all. (sigh) could you pm the link? I'll still read here and comment (i promise!)

As for that opening-wow dead in two months huh? yesh! not good at all! And yay for karrde pointing out the obvious! Observant as always.

8. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Spike - And I even have a spoon... [face_devil]

jade51999 - Of course now i'm curious and knowing its finished on another site doesn't help me at all. (sigh) could you pm the link? I'll still read here and comment (i promise!)
    I'll hold you to that! ;)

As for that opening-wow dead in two months huh? yesh! not good at all! And yay for karrde pointing out the obvious! Observant as always.
    Isn't Karrde great? I hope I write him right in this.

Okay, so for some of you it's Saturday night... well, in fifteen minutes it's Sunday where I am... and I have a busy day tomorrow... sssooooo... ENJOY!

Chapter 2

Seven Days Since Infection

?Sorry for the interruption, but that was my research assistant.? Loren Kabash, a middle-aged Corellian who was Karrde?s personal lawyer, sat down at his desk right across from Mara and Talon. They had been on Coruscant for the past four days, spending most of their time working out arrangements as quietly as they could. ?It seems that your insurance does cover this.?

?It does?? Mara asked out of mild curiosity.

?You were scouting locations for a business venture, thereby it is work related.? Kabash had an eerie smile on his face from the fact that he had discovered a loophole. While Karrde had looked for the best and least slimy lawyer he could to represent his business, a lawyer was still a lawyer in Mara?s opinion. ?It would be the same if you were moving supplies and a container fell on you.?

?Really?? Mara said with little enthusiasm. Yes, lawyers were creepier than med rooms and that HoloNet advert puppet, Sluggles.

?Oh yes,? he smiled again and then started to punch in figures to his datapad. ?Now, with what you?ve already saved up and the insurance pay off, then the subtraction of the fees for burial plus a rough estimate of medical fees??

He trailed off, still fiddling with his number crunching. Mara had opted for a cremation rather then full burial. She wasn?t sure where she wanted her ashes kept but had two months, give or take, to figure it out. Unfortunately she wouldn?t be able to donate any of her organs due to the venom attacking her body. It was a shame really, since natural organs seemed to have a higher success rate in transplant patients than cloned ones.

?Here is what we?re looking at.? Kabash passed over a datapad with a final number.

?Krife!? Karrde was looking over her shoulder. ?Mara! Where did you get all those credits??

?From you.? Mara shrugged as she handed the datapad back to the lawyer. ?You paid me well. I just wasn?t much for spending it except when I needed to.?

?Maybe I should make you pay the lawyer fees then,? Karrde snorted.

?That?s a good idea. Kabash??

?Certainly!? The lawyer?s fingers danced over the datapad.

?Mara, I was joking.?

?I know,? she stated without looking at him.

?Now,? Kabash looked up, ?who would you like to receive your small fortune??

?I normally give to a charity every year. I would like them to have half of the final figure.? Mara pulled a datapad out of her jacket pocket. Kabash took it and studied its contents for a moment before entering more information into her last testament.

Karrde caught her eye. ?I never knew you gave to charity.?

?You never asked.? Mara shrugged again.

?I?m asking now.?

Mara let a small smile ghost her lips. ?It helps orphaned children find loving homes.?

?Oh,? was all Karrde said.

?Alright,? Kabash spoke up, ?and the other half??

?I?m leaving it to Luke Skywalker.?

?Master Skywalker?? Kabash queried, his eyes blinking a little too rapidly for Mara?s tastes.

?Is that a problem??

He shook his head and smiled. ?No, not a problem at all. Is there any stipulations you would like to place on how he can use the funds??

?It?s Luke Skywalker.? Mara smiled. ?He?ll only use it one way.?

?Right.? Kabash made more notes.

?Why?? Karrde asked simply.

?I always promised I?d go back for training and I never did.? Mara answered, feeling that fighting now, even to kee

9. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Great update.

It seems as though Mara is keeping herself too busy to really ponder how little time she has left...exactly what I would expect from her, though! You've really done a great job capturing her personality.

Now where is she off to? [face_thinking]

And with who? [face_thinking]...Luke, perhaps? [face_thinking]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Wonderful. [face_love]

I love this fic! :)

Can you PM me when you add new chapters, Red? :D

11. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    So wow, this is really awesome. Could you PM me too?
    What other site is this posted on?

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    So glad to see another chapter up! :D Bravo! =D=

13. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Oo! An update!

Loved the part with Karrde telling Mara to talk to Luke. I always felt he knew something was up between those two.

Great chapter! (As always!) =D=

14. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Wow. This is such a sad fic, but it's so good so far! What's gonna happen when Luke finds out and where can Mara be off to?

I absolutely love it and I can't wait for more!

15. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Great update. =D=

Mara seems to be handling the news well - but even if she wasn't its not exactly in her character to show it, I suppose.

I like the touch about Mara giving money to a charity to orphans.

16. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Nice post, once again. Karde and Mara are taking this all very well. I have a feeling that Luke wouldn't be so calm though. She definately needs to tell him. Can't wait for more, RG.

17. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great idea, having Mara give to a charity that aids orphans. It only makes sense, seeing as she was once one herself. The idea of giving the rest of it to Luke makes sense, though I have a feeling he might have something to say about it. The only question now is...where's Mara going???

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

18. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I'm still enjoying this fic. It's a really fun premise (in an angst sort of way). I look forward to seeing how things take shape.

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I love the parts about her giving to charity and leaving all that to Luke. [face_love] And Karrde rocks in this story - the perfect father-figure that I always imagined he would be. :)

20. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Mara let a small smile ghost her lips. ?It helps orphaned children find loving homes.?

I loved that. :D She doesn't want other children to go through what she did. Also loved how she knows Luke so well to know that he'd use the money for the Academy. [face_love] Thanks for the PM!

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    I loved this update -- Mara helping the orhpans is great! :D

22. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Mara as charitable is sweet--its good that she's giving Skywalker something, he's gonna be heartbroken...when she dies...

P

23. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    :(

Hmmm. I wonder where Mara wants to go? I can think of a few options ...

24. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    KELIA - It seems as though Mara is keeping herself too busy to really ponder how little time she has left...exactly what I would expect from her, though! You've really done a great job capturing her personality.
    She really is trying to keep herself occupied, but don't worry, it will hit her later. [face_mischief]

Now where is she off to?
    And with who? ...Luke, perhaps?

We shall see... :)

Jadie - Wonderful.
    I love this fic!

Aww... thanks! [:D]

And my pleasure about the PM's.

BottledUpInside - So wow, this is really awesome.
    Thanks! :)

Could you PM me too?
    Sure thing!

What other site is this posted on?
    I sent you a PM, did you get it?

VaderLV64 - So glad to see another chapter up! Bravo!
    Glad to still see you reading!
    Can't wait to see what's next on your fic! ;)

MirandaFair - Loved the part with Karrde telling Mara to talk to Luke. I always felt he knew something was up between those two.
    They really do come together as the only family each other has. It's kinda heartbreaking in a way. :(

AzulSaber - Wow. This is such a sad fic, but it's so good so far! What's gonna happen when Luke finds out and where can Mara be off to?
    All good questions that will be resolved in due time... hopefully... [face_worried]

I absolutely love it and I can't wait for more!
    Thanks! Nest post Sunday!

JadeLotus - Mara seems to be handling the news well - but even if she wasn't its not exactly in her character to show it, I suppose.
    She just hasn't let it hit her yet, and yes, that's how she is... stubbon girl that one. ;)

I like the touch about Mara giving money to a charity to orphans.
    Thanks! I thought that she had to have a bit more heart showing then people realized.

cheersweetie27 - Karde and Mara are taking this all very well.
    For now... [face_worried]

I have a feeling that Luke wouldn't be so calm though. She definately needs to tell him.
    Yes, she does... but will she? o_O [face_thinking]

Tych_sel - Great idea, having Mara give to a charity that aids orphans. It only makes sense, seeing as she was once one herself.
    Exactly what I was thinking when I wrote it. :)

The idea of giving the rest of it to Luke makes sense, though I have a feeling he might have something to say about it.
    I'm sure he does... unfortunately she'll be dead when he finds out! :(

The only question now is...where's Mara going???
    Um... let me get back to you on that one... ;)

Neo-Paladin - I'm still enjoying this fic. It's a really fun premise (in an angst sort of way). I look forward to seeing how things take shape.
    It was really fun to write! There is a reason I'm a sith... [face_devil]
    Hope you enjoy where things go!

Trace - And Karrde rocks in this story - the perfect father-figure that I always imagined he would be.
    That's always how I imagine him too! It's how I always write him. :) or try to at least...

JadeSolo - I loved that. She doesn't want other children to go through what she did.
    I wouldn't want to go through it, or my own if I had any, I even give to a children's charity myself.

Also loved how she knows Luke so well to know that he'd use the money for the Academy.
    She does know him so well... so well that she should marry him and have lots of babies... unless I kill her first...[face_whistling]

Idrelle_Miocovani - I loved this update -- Mara helping the orhpans is great!
    Thanks!! :)

jade51999 - its good that she's giving Skywalker something, he's gonna be heartbroken...when she dies...
    indeed he is... :(

Rosh - Hmmm. I wonder where Mara wants to go? I can think of a few options ...
    Oh? What do you got?

25. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Yeah I got the PM!!!!!! I also visited the site. 'twas absolutely AMAZING!=D= Which means I'll be reading it again on here!!!!!:D Thanks for the PM!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.