main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Something I Can't Finish - L/M (Romance, Angst) - COMPLETE - Nominated Winter 2005 Reader's Choice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    I swore to myself years ago I wouldn't let another FanFic make me cry, but darnit, this one did!!

That whole insight into the future was the best part of the story! Congrats! Thank you for the story! :D

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This IS the way it happened! I just know it! [face_not_talking] Don't try to tell me otherwise! :D

Loved it all, every single word!

=D= =D= =D=

3. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    \o\ \o/ /o/

Great ending, RedGold! I'm very pleased that Luke and Mara ended up with a lifetime to share together, though a bit worried that Mara was going to unconsciously mess it up near the end!

4. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    fantastic RedGold! especially at the very last. she deserves the rest.

congrats on a great story. i have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. best of luck in the future.

;) paige

5. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    ohhh that was good.

bits off it were a bit too quick but good none the less.

loved the kids name btw.

[:D] u did it!!!!

6. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    RG, you know what a big fan I am of this story. If only it could have been something like this. *raises fist* Darn you profics! ;)

A fantastic conclusion. =D=

I knew what was going to happen, and I came prepared this time. My nice box of tissues came in handy, once more. So many emotions you evoked in this last chapter. The joy of Luke and Mara having children, the heartbreak of reading about the feelings of Luke's death and then Mara's own journey at the end. :_| Simply beautiful, is the only way I can describe it.

I love the children's names too. The connection Mara had for the name Padme is really touching. Although, maybe it was some residue from her meeting with Anakin the first time that left an impact on her.

Take a bow, impressive work! =D= @};- @};- @};-

7. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    *crawls in* Sorry I'm late! ^_^;;;

POST 11/30: ~He took a deep breath an opened his eyes slowly to gaze down at her. ?How are you feeling??
    ~?Stupid,? came out before she had a chance to stop it.

*snort* That's... interesting... :D

?I died Luke, it was only for a minute but I died and I would have gone to the beyond knowing that I missed out on life. I won?t make that mistake again. I love you and like hell I?m going to lose you again.?

Awwww! [face_love]

?Yavin 4 of course,? Mara answered as if it was a silly question.... ?It?s time for me to accept who I am in the Force, Luke.?

Phew! *wipes sweat from brow* I was worried about that! ^_^

?Rest up, Mara,? Leia smiled then pulled back. ?I need to get back to the Senate chambers before that Bothan does something more stupid then usual.?

*laughs* I can just see Mara looking around all confused like, "What the... Aren't they going to yell at me?!" [face_laugh]

She buried her head against him once again, revelling in his comfort. ?I still feel stupid.?

:D

POST 12/4: ~?This is all your fault!? Mara screamed at Luke and he winced at the following creative Huttese words.
    ~?How is it all my fault?? Luke shot back. ?You were the one that said let?s have another!?
    ~?But did you have to listen?? she screamed as another contraction hit her...
    ~He could feel the pain his wife was going through and he winced again in sympathy. ?You?re doing good Mara.?
    ~?Shut up!? she glared at him. ?I hate you!?

Bwa-ha-ha-haaaa! Mara delivering! I love it! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Mara shrugged, ?It just came to me, after she was born.?

Oooh! Someone's cheating in the afterlife!! *wags a "shame, shame" finger at the post-mortem Anakin*

~Mara?s eyes met Leia?s and suddenly the redhead?s eyes blanked out, ?He broke her heart??
    ~Leia gasped and Mara blinked.
    ~?Sorry, did you say something?? Mara asked.

Glowing-Blue-Anakin ---> [face_whistling] :p

Mara shook her head and allowed herself to be held by her son, both having felt the death of Luke Skywalker and it destroying a piece of them inside.

Oh, you killed Luke! :_| Still, I'm sure Mara is happier than the alternative. Seems to me she'd rather be left than leaving. [face_plain]

~It?s a strange sensation, to be starring down at one?s body.
    ~?Déjà vu all over again,? Mara had to smirk.
    ~?This time, no deal,? a voice came from behind her.

Hee! :D I love how you're tying it all back together again! This epilogue is really excellent! [:D]

~?Hey, I didn?t do it for you,? he smirked, then his features turned grim. ?I was expecting a dozen grandchildren.?
    ~?Fine,? Mara crossed her arms, ?you could have birthed them.?

Rrrrgh! Men! [face_frustrated] Don't we just wish. [face_not_talking]

~?The Vong,? Mara said quietly.
    ?Much death was averted thanks to them all,? Anakin nodded, proudly.

RedGold! Are you trying to blame the New Jedi Order on Mara's not having kids with Luke sooner! :eek: ;)

Mara sent out a gentle caress to her children and grandchildren, sadness was their returned caresses as they realized what was happening. She reassured them and slowly pulled back, knowing this wasn?t the last time she would see them.

Aww... *sniff* So beautiful!

Ahh! It's finished! I am both happy and sad! But it was a super-cool fic, RedGold! =D= Thank you for sharing it with us! [:D]

8. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    =D= Wonderful story! I was so worried that Mara would actually die. Loved that Anakin made a deal with the Force. :p It does seem to demand so much of the Skywalkers. Lovely bittersweet ending.

9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Thankyou for the wonderful story. It was all good. Loved it. :)

10. Yslamiri

Yslamiri Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Oh. *shivers going up my spine*

That was amazing. Thankyou so much for a brilliant story and such a touching ending.

Absolutely loved it. Please PM me should you care to put pen to paper again!

Nicola

11. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Awww!!! It's over! :_| :_| :_|

Very good story Red! Really good. ;)

Bravo! =D=

12. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wonderful story, RG, even if it was so heartwrenching. But you balanced that out with all the mushy, sweet parts. Great job!

13. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    :_| But it was so good. [face_love]

I loved how Anakin is the one to be Mara's Grim Reaper - in a good way! :p They're so much alike.

14. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    :: claps::
    screw the clapping

:: Stands and applauds::

Sorry I've been out, DRL is well. . a sith

Wonderful Red, but then again, you wrote it so .. . :D

15. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Okay, I'm starting this story now, and I hope it isn't locked by the time I'm done, so I can tell RedGold what a lovely job she did... I will do my best!

16. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    By the way RedGold, it's a very small point and as it's an AU you can no doubt explain it away, but I feel that strictly speaking there's a small error in Chapter 12. You say that Kyle preferred to work outside the Academy, but if Kyle and Jan are together would it not suggest that the events of Jedi Outcast and/or Jedi Academy have already occurred, and so Master 'Call me Kyle' Katarn would be teaching at the Academy? Both take place about a year after Planet of Twilight.

17. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    finished it...

I'm going to my room to cry now, because you almost killed her and it was so emotional...

18. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Oh my!!

I can't believe I forgot to reply to all you wonderful readers!!

Actually, I can believe it... to many things going on in real life at the moment.

Well, I've made myself a note and tomorrow I will sit down and properly give you all feedback to your wonderful feedback!

I'd do it tonight but I just had an eleven hour shift, film problems, employee problems, and I have a chest cold... what I say may not be coherent...

Thanks everyone! [:D]

19. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I'm a terrible horrible person for losing track of this story. Loved it. And loved Ben having a brother and sister and that the Force and Anakin gave Mara a second chance. Beautiful and wonderful.

20. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry these took so long!

KELIA - I loved that Mara named her daughter Padme, without really knowing why. That was such a sweet touch.
    Thank you. :) I wouldn't put it past Anakin to have had a hand in that though. ;)

And Anakin meeting her again in the afterlife
    There is a connection between the two characters, despite the fact that they never met in any pro-fiction at the moment. I can't wait for Zahn's new book and maybe we'll get a better grasp on their relationship.

Neo-Paladin - There were lots of stories in and throughout that I would have loved to explore, but you hit the high notes to paint the picture of promise fulfilled.
    That is very true, it was hard to stay focused and not turn this into an epic. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

jade51999 - Nice how it all worked out..and no Vong! SUHWEET
    Yep, no nasty Vong... ;) call it self-indulgent :p

Valin_Halcyon - You just had to kill Luke, didn't you?
    Well, he's not exactly dead... ;) but yeah... i had to do it at least once...

AzulSaber - So sad when Luke died and Mara afterwards. But hey, at least she'll finally see her parents and be happy in the Force.
    As sad as it is, everyone has to die... :( at leat Mara has peace now!

Mirax_Corran - *hands a tissue in case she still needs it*

No more ... It's over ... No more posts when I get home from church every Sunday ... I'll miss reading this, Red.
    Don't worry... I have another fic I'm slowly working on that is previously unseen, and once it's done I'll post here for you!

Jade_eyes - Wow--an epilogue through the years. That's different--truly hit the high points. Glad they had a lot of years together.
    Well, once Mara stopped dieing, I kinda lost the whole point of the story, but I didn't want to leave it on an evil cliffie either... so I thought this was best. Maybe one day I'll go and make a story out of the epilogue and all the fun of married life!

Thanks for all the drama, all the laughs and all the mush.
    Thank you for reading! [:D]

SpiritofEowyn - Now I wish it had happend this way so there would have been no Vongy problems.
    You and me both. Well, it doesn't have to be this story, but anything that would make the vong never happen is ace in my book!

::votes for this story to become the new cannon::
    awww, thanks... [face_blush]

Courtney - ::comes back to life cuz Anakin Skywalker says a fic is no reason to die::
    One of the few intelligent things he's ever said... :p
    Sorry you died, at least you came back to life!

ginchy - I love that Luke and Mara still had a long life together, and 3 children...including a daughter!
    I just can't see Luke not having more than one child... it would either be none or a dozen (well, maybe not that many).

And I love that their children and the Solo's helped stop the Vong. As it should have been....
    Indeed... as it should have been! stupid pro-fics

JadeLotus - If only profic had been this way...
    I would be rolling in the money!! :p
    But yes, it would have been nice if they focused a bit more on the romance side as well as the action and allowed Luke to be happier sooner than making him go through so much and then only come out with one kid who hates the force... :(

DreamingIce - What is this profic you talk of... Only fanfic universes exist!
    hehehehehe... some days... I do with that was true!

Excellent finish, and seeing the kids through the years... Was Devin Owen's son, Luke & Mara's grandsson?
    Yeppers! He's got the Skywalker genes... so into trouble he goes...

Golden Jedi - Now, I'm sad its finished, but I'm looking forwards for another of your excellent ventures!
    Why, thank you! [face_blush] I look forward to it and hope you enjoy them just as much!

AvenKiel - Oh, this was so beautiful, I'm so sad it's over!!
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :D

JACEN A

21. AgiVega

AgiVega Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2005
    I've just found this fic and read it in one sit. Heavens, I don't remember when I last weeped so much! My Mum was getting worried and asked if I had caught a cold or something, and I told her: no, Mum, I'm just reading a fanfic ;) Wonderful, beautiful job!

22. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Sorry about that! *hands over a tissue*

Thanks for reading though! :D

23. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I found this the other day and have been reading it since.
    This was amazing, well done.=D=

24. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Oh, goodness, the epilogue was awesome, too. I loved Mara in labor--hilarious--and Luke's reaction, and her naming her daughter Padme--lovely. I also loved the fact that the NJO didn't happen because of their kids :D. But I have to say my favorite part of this entire story was ghostie Anakin. Right on target. Great job.

=D= =D= =D=

25. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    loved it, of course...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.