main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Something I Can't Finish - L/M (Romance, Angst) - COMPLETE - Nominated Winter 2005 Reader's Choice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    oh no! Mara noooooooooo

Dizziness not a good thing. Lukies there though! He'll take care of her.

New RedGodl STory? oooh

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Love Luke and Mara playing the game and Mara trying to be a graceful loser! Great chapter! :D

3. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    I wonder what would happen if Mara played chewie. One graceless loser against another... :p

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Luke shook his head and sighed. ?I told you, you?re my friend. My stomach tends to turn at the though of my friends dying.?

?Oh,? Mara said quietly.

EEK! *bites nails*

It was good to just see these two 'hang out'. The holochess game, nice touch. :)

Aww, Luke is such a good friend...taking care of poor Mara. That's a strong medicine in itself....[face_blush] [face_love]

Wonderful update!=D=

5. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    :(

I think that face will be my response to every chapter.

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Looks like Luke will be finding out about Mara's illness before she wanted him to...

Perhaps he can help find treatment or a cure? [face_thinking]

I really enjoyed the interaction between them in this story.

Good Job!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    delurking! :D

Hi RedGold!
    Since this is my first post on this story, i just wanted to pop in and say how awesome it is. :)
    (also because i'm a bit drained)
    but anyway, I love this story! What will Mara do now? i think perhaps Luke has figured her out early... just a little. ;)

eagerly awaiting Sunday,
    ;) paige

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Luke shook his head and sighed. ?I told you, you?re my friend. My stomach tends to turn at the though of my friends dying.?

?Oh,? Mara said quietly.

[face_worried] :(

I, like everyone else, loved the Luke and Mara bonding time. :)

Great update!

9. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    I'm so glad you're updating this on Sundays and Wednesdays now! Makes my days, I tell ya.

I, like the rest of the readers, loved the Luke and Mara bonding time. [face_love]

I hope Mara will be okay, and that she'll have enough sense to tell Luke what's wrong as well as let him help her. That girl...

Looking forward to the next part! :)

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    ?I was just saying that you could have stopped by any time you liked, just for a chat, or caf, or whatever.?

:oops: Oh, NOW he makes that clear. Though while she thought he only tolerated her, he probably thought she'd be forever pissed off at him. :( No wonder it took so long for them to get that part straight. :p

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I just devoured the first four chapters!! Totally captivated by this plot. So heart wrenching--you so want a surprise twist--like a complete recovery. :-, Reminds me too much of Mara in the NJO--need a miracle "rebirth"--or at the very least an intervention like Vergere's.

12. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Jadie - Why do I have a bad feeling about this?
    Because it's me? [face_batting]

Poor Mara, Luke is always so friendly that he hurts her without realising it...
    You know what they say, you always hurt the ones you love.

cheersweetie27 - Oh no! I guess she'll have to tell him what's going on now.
    awww.. but that would be too easy... and you know me... I like being evil... [face_devil]

Neo-Paladin - Well, now it's got to be obvious to Luke that things aren't right. How things play out from here ought to be very interesting. I still hope for the best, but hmm.
    I have a few more obsticles in my hero's paths... just because I can... [face_devil]

JadeLotus - Oh, those two.
    That's why we love them! [face_love]

Great update. I like scenes with Luke and Mara just sitting around, talking, bonding. Very nice.
    I love that in a fic. I was never much for the 'instant' love or 'love at first sight'. Guess I'm weird. 8-}

jade51999 - oh no! Mara noooooooooo
    [face_worried]

Dizziness not a good thing. Lukies there though! He'll take care of her.
    Indeed he will.. [face_love]

ginchy - Love Luke and Mara playing the game and Mara trying to be a graceful loser!
    heheheh... can't you just see it though? :)

Valin_Halcyon - I wonder what would happen if Mara played chewie. One graceless loser against another...
    Oh my... [/threepio]

MirandaFair - Aww, Luke is such a good friend...taking care of poor Mara. That's a strong medicine in itself....
    Yes it is... but will it be strong enough to combat this evil authoress?

Rosh - :( I think that face will be my response to every chapter.
    Quite possibly... :(

KELIA - Looks like Luke will be finding out about Mara's illness before she wanted him to...
    Perhaps he can help find treatment or a cure?

That is an option... but who knows... I like to be evil... [face_devil]

Ariapaige - Since this is my first post on this story, i just wanted to pop in and say how awesome it is.
    Aww... thanks! [:D]

(also because i'm a bit drained)
    Sleep is good... I don't get it often but I hear it's really good for that sort of thing. ;)

What will Mara do now?
    Lie through her teeth? [face_whistling]

Idrelle_Miocovani - I, like everyone else, loved the Luke and Mara bonding time.
    Thanks! I really do love L/M bonding... makes for better romance in my honest opinion.

AzulSaber - I'm so glad you're updating this on Sundays and Wednesdays now! Makes my days, I tell ya.
    Always happy to help! :)

I hope Mara will be okay, and that she'll have enough sense to tell Luke what's wrong as well as let him help her. That girl...
    Yes... she can be so frustrating... but that's why we love her!

JadeSolo - Oh, NOW he makes that clear. Though while she thought he only tolerated her, he probably thought she'd be forever pissed off at him. No wonder it took so long for them to get that part straight.
    Yes, they really need to work on their communication skills... hehehe :p

Jade_eyes - I just devoured the first four chapters!!
    You ate my chapters??? I hope you put some salt or pepper on them... :p

ally captivated by this plot. So heart wrenching--you so want a surprise twist--like a complete recovery. :-, Reminds me too much of Mara in the NJO--need a miracle "rebirth"--or at the very least an intervention like Vergere's.
    The twist could be that I actually kill her off... [face_whistling] [face_batting] :D

13. Yslamiri

Yslamiri Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    I dont know what it is about L/M stories but they just give such a superb topic to write about. You've really captured the Mara and Luke we know and love! Even though Luke's so supremely powerful its sweet he still doesn't know what to do. Or how to make the first move! Gives hope to all of us.

Find a cure for Mara please! But....the illness will bring them together....so i want her to stay ill-ish - but only for now! :)

Please update me when you post the next Chapter!

14. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Yslamiri - I dont know what it is about L/M stories but they just give such a superb topic to write about.
    I dunno. I guess because it's so open and the characters can be interpreted so many ways.

You've really captured the Mara and Luke we know and love! Even though Luke's so supremely powerful its sweet he still doesn't know what to do. Or how to make the first move! Gives hope to all of us.
    Indeed! [face_love]

Find a cure for Mara please! But....the illness will bring them together....so i want her to stay ill-ish - but only for now!
    Awww... everyone wants me to save her... but what if I don't wanna? [face_devil]

Well, it's sunday, you know what that means. Also, I posted a chapter back on Wens. I've changed the schedule to Wenesday's and Sundays. Thank you.

Chapter 5

?Mara!? Luke yelled as he saw the redhead start to fall. Quickly he reached out and grabbed her around the waist, sliding with her to the floor and cradling her in his lap.

?Mara!? he tried again, pushing her now sweat soaked hair away from her clammy face. He placed his hand over her forehead and felt the heat bristle.

Her eyes fluttered open just slightly and she moaned his name.

?What?s wrong Mara?? Luke thought back to her visit to Cilghal on Yavin. ?Are you sick??

?Bed? room?? she mumbled and seemed to pass out again.

Not entirely sure what she meant, but seeing the need to get her off the cold floor of the galley, Luke picked her up in his arms and made his way towards her bunk. Using the Force to open the door, he slipped inside. As he laid her down on her bed, her eyes fluttered again and she mumbled unintelligibly.

?Come on, talk to me Mara,? Luke adjusted her neck and smoothed away her hair to make her more comfortable. ?What do I need to do??

?Bottle? meds?? she zoned out again.

She was on medication? Luke was rather stunned by the implications, but quickly regained his composure and surveyed the room. His eyes fell on a small bottle on her work desk that looked familiar, seeing as he had spent his fair share of times in a medical center for various injuries.

Snatching up the bottle he read the label: For Nausea, Take One A Day and As Needed. Popping off the lid he noticed that it was completely full. Checking the label again the issue date was over a week ago. Typical of Mara not to take her medication, no wonder the wave of nausea hit her so hard.

He placed the bottle on a stand next to her bed and went back to the galley, quickly grabbing a mug and filling it with water. Mara stirred again as he entered the bedroom, still mumbling something he couldn?t understand. Putting the mug with the bottle he sat down beside her. Grabbing her gently he pulled her up and placed another pillow under head to give her more of an incline.

?Luke?? she mumbled as she began to twist.

?Shush, it?ll be okay,? he soothed her as he grabbed for one of the pills and she calmed at his voice. His right hand gently worked to open her mouth and he placed one of the tablets on her tongue. Grabbing the mug he placed it to her lips and started to tilt it, ?Drink this.?

She coughed and spilled water down her neck and tunic, but she swallowed the medicine and that was all that mattered at this point. Satisfied that she would be okay once the pill took its effect, he pulled the extra pillow away and gently laid her down again. Now all she needed was rest.

Mara had told him that she was overworked and maybe she was. It wasn?t uncommon for overworked persons to suffer heavy nausea and sickness due to an immune system that was stressed to its limits. Perhaps she really wanted a vacation where she didn?t have to worry about deadlines or being shot at, and this wasn?t a roundabout attempt to start her training.

Luke had planned on brining up the subject of her training after their holochess game but was interrupted by her passing out. He now decided that if a vacation was truly what Mara was after then he was going to give her one. No reason to exacerbate her illne

15. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Many of her dreams had come true today but not in the way she wanted them to.

:_| Not fair! At least they're comfortable enough with each other to be in such intimate settings and not be awkward about it. [face_batting] Must be years of practice. :p

16. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    ?My name is Luke.?

?I know, Farmboy.?

He sighed, ?Do you think for one little vacation you can call me by my given name??

Mara formed a retort, and it was a doozy, but it after seeing the look in his eyes, she couldn?t bring herself say to anything other then, ?Sure, Luke.?

:D I love it when Luke forces Mara to confront the fact that he does have an actual first name. Not comfortable for her, but I sure love it.

Great update...poor tormented Mara and poor clueless Luke. Can't wait for more bonding time.

17. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    You always find a way of putting Mara in Luke's bed, don't you Red? o_O :p

What's wrong with guys and their stomach? They're always eating and they never get fat! It's not fair! 8-} ;)

This is getting good! [face_mischief]

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    The feel of his hands on hers sent fire racing up her spine;

Ah, poor Mara. I wonder how much longer she'll be able to hide her feelings...

Loved the update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    is Luke really so clueless as all of that? i just want to slap him and point his face at Mara and say "look at her! she wants you!" but i suppose i can't do that, can i... i don't suppose you could throw something into the story that forces him to see her for once? pretty pretty please [face_praying] and why does Mara have to be so stubborn! argh!

all of this to say that, i can't wait for the next installment.

;) paige

20. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] Great update, RedGold! I could just SEE Mara's reaction to that. :D

Thanks for the PM!

~CS

21. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Anytime Luke takes care of Mara is good reading! [face_love] =D=

Day one of the trip, most interesting, indeed. Can't wait for more. [face_batting]

22. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Well, that's one step forward at least. o_O
    I look forward to more obstacles. They are what make the galaxy go round. :D

23. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Maybe he?d sneak in a few Force healing exercises, but he?d step carefully around the subject.

[face_laugh] Typical Luke. Always thinking about the force....

I can't wait to see where you go with this.

24. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was fun, and as you said, it's only day one! This story should continue to get interesting. I can't wait for more, RedGold.

25. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    ?Hey, we missed lunch!? he couldn?t stifle a grin or laugh.

somehow i blame this to the person called HAN SOLO.[face_laugh] Luke must have been to much around Han and lunch IS important meal of the day.

Anyway RG nice update like always =D=

P.S Will repate my last request - Please don't kill Mara * [face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

* or you WILL be bad as Palpy [face_skull] (i'm not kidding ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.