main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Something I don't get about Minister Tua

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Amr, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Darth Amr

Darth Amr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2015
    How come she was blamed for the rebels? Shouldn't Agent Kallus be blamed (seeing how he is suppose to deal with this sort of thing)? Why blame a public official?

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    She was murdered by those very Rebels and died a hero!

Ian passman likes this.
  3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Tua was the acting Governor of Lothal and Kallus is probably worth more to the Empire than Tua was.

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    She made a better choice of sacrificial pawn after all she has dealings with the public, they know her so having her killed so openly and lacking any means of knowing any better... well consider it an example of Imperial PR at its best.

That's Kallus's specialty and most probably why he was stationed there in the first place since it sounded like they intended to increase the Imperial presence and there's nothing better than getting the populace to accept them if they think its for their own good...

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Tua is, what we say in England, a useful idiot.

6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    She wasn't being blamed for the rebels' activities so much as she was about to get the "you have failed me for the last time" treatment.

7. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    The only reason they were blaming her (imo) was to get her scared enough to contact the Rebels and get their attention. Tua in reality did everything she could to try and fight the Rebels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

8. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004
    In the Ultimate Star Wars guide, I was told that Tua's entry states that while Tua graduated from the Imperial Academy with honours, she was a 'self-absorbed and ineffectual leader.'

From the episodes that Tua was in, we saw that she was extremely volatile (which you can imagine having an adverse effect on her management skills) and had an... interesting... grasp of priorities (Empire Day) which enabled the rebels to interfere with the Empire's industrial interests - which was her responsibility. For all her bluster and patriotism, it seemed that she had slipped into complacency, hence her value to the Empire being greatly diminished.

So, the above, in addition to what the other posters have said, all played a part in Tua being considered the weakest link and thus the most expendable. It was just convenient that in addition to failing her duties, she also happened to be a politician, or rather a high-profile soft target - ideal for an assassination/false flag operation as her usefulness had come to an end.

I'm so glad we never have to hear her voice ever again.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It doesn't really make sense for Tua to be punished and Kallus to not be. Kallus was the military person specifically tasked with finding the Rebels, while Tua was just an administrator.

I do not think she'd really would have been punished. I think Vader anticipated that if he scare her enough, she'd contact the Rebels and draw them out.

I think it was basically Vader rationalizing that if she stays loyal in the face of fear, then she's worthy. If she cowers and seeks out the Rebels, then she's a traitor and deserves to die anyway.

I mean, it's possible that the whole thing was a bluff and that there wasn't ever a meeting planned with Tarkin. As far as her seeking out the Rebels, I felt it was pretty clear that Vader had predicted she would do that, and so used her as bait to draw them out.

10. Ian passman

Ian passman Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    I figure Kallus just made her look bad in his confidential reports in order to deflect blame. Lot of that going around. Look at what that idiot Star Destroyer captain told his poor helmsman.

"It wasn't your fault. But Lord Vader will never hear that." Never have I wanted someone to get the choke so badly...!

BigAl6ft6 and rumsmuggler like this.
  11. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    That gentleman is an Admiral, but indeed it is an appaling scene. We really need to see some Imperial officers who care for their men, otherwise the whole Imperial military looks like a bunch of cartoon villains and their mindless drones.
    On topic, I too think that she was set up. Perhaps as part of a test, but surely she was expendable either way. And that is something I am willing to believe. A regime like the Empire and its security apparatus is perfectly capable of destroying the life of an innocent person, even of a supporter if it serves their goal. And since Tua is just a replacement who did not really do anything good...
    Kallus on the other hand may have been reprimanded by Tarkin once, but I think overall he usually did just fine. And as ISB agent he probably get special treatment anyway.

12. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Tua must have been getting into information she should have like the fact the real reason the Empire was interested in Lothal. That was not for her to know. Vader probably uncovers this, seeing it's related the Death Star, she is a threat and sets her up to be eliminated because she knows too much. Her trying to defect from the Empire was the final straw to eliminate her.

I think Kallus will eventually be executed too. He is too arrogant and Vader wants to set him in his place.

13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Kallus has never betrayed the Empire.

And he's completely right. If one evil implication from a higher up dude is enough to turn her traitor, then she is not at all fit to be in that position. It proves that she will turn on the Empire if push comes to shove, she is not trustworthy and therefore worthless as governor. Vader's instinct that she was a potential traitor was proven right.

But of course, this being the Empire, she isn't fired or charged for treason like she would be in a civilized country, she is murdered.

Danifae and Iron_lord like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well look at it this way tua was the standing governor of Lothal while Kallus is the secret police of the empire so which one sounds like a better pawn.

15. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    I think that it was also about turning the residents of Lothal against the rebels. After the Ezra's speech in Call to Action, the Empire needed something to convince the residents that the Rebels are 'evil' and dangerous. And what better way to do that then to blame them for the murder of the minister of Lothal? Killing Agent Kallus would be less of a shock to the residents, because he was not really a public figure and most of the people on Lothal probaby didn't even know who he was.

PCCViking, jakobitis89 and Iron_lord like this.