main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something I don't get: help my question, please!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mrfootball, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    Okay, why does Sidious endorse Dooku? Sidious supports the Republic but fuels the Seperatists? Why is he helping Dooku? NO SPOILERS!!! YES, THAT MEANS YOU!!!

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    All of it is careefully orchestrated to play into his hands and give him ultimate power. You cannot get people to hand you power that will cost them their freedom if they are not scared of some Separatist attack, Terrorist Attack, Russian Attack, Jewish Threat... It mirrors the rise to power of Hitler really. The Republic is sure to win the war at the expense of the CIS but the result is a militarized Empire with Sidious / Palpatine at the helm.

3. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    From what I read in the EU Dooku looked at a sith holoron and he left the Jedi Order to search for sid and he found him then bacame his apprentice.
    Dooku is helping Sid, he is his puppet just like Ani/Vader.

Good Stuff

4. mrfootball

Mar 14, 2005
    ok, but now he has three apprentices? anakin, maul, and dooku? how can he train all three with the span of 20-30 years? NO SPOILERS!

5. LordRevan19

Mar 26, 2005
    That's easy-
    Trained maul for some odd years, killed in duel
    trained dooku..... [face_shhh]
    turned anikin to darkside
    Not that hard, anymore questions?

Edit: Anikin and Dooku already had Jedi training so it was only the "give into the dark side" part that was needed to complete their training

Good Stuff

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    mrfootball please stop saying no spoilers. They are not allowed in this forum so you are safe.

As for three apprentices, well... Maul he trains from childhood. Dooku is already well trained in the Jedi Arts and just needs the Sith side of things as does Anakin. The time span needed is likely much less. And I think it's safe to say that Dooku dies in ROTS. That's my assumption anyway.

7. LordRevan19

Mar 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] "assumption" [face_laugh]
    Now THAT is Good Stuff [face_laugh]

Yeah, I realy liked Dooku in the OT [face_laugh]

Seriously though Strilo got the point I made.

Realy Good Stuff [face_laugh]

8. mrfootball

Mar 14, 2005
    Sorry, guy about the NO SPOILERS thing. I just don't want to be (no spoilers!) spoiled before the release of the (no spoilers!) big movie. Y'know? So I add a whole bunch of (no spoilers!) subliminal message with something along the line of NO SPOILERS!!! Just to be safe :D

9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    LordRevan19 it is an assumption. I am spoiler free and have no idea what happens in the film. I'd appreciate it if you'd not even allude to spoilers here, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.