main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something im really confused about the force......

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by RogueStealth, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueStealth

RogueStealth Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    Ok, we know that the force is an energy field created by all living things. What Im sort of confused about is how a jedi and sith are able to move and use an energy field? Also, how exactly can an energy field be split up between a light side and a dark side? And what does it really mean to turn to the dark side or light side? I mean what if one day if i was a jedi and was like hey! I wanna see what the dark side is like! Im sure I dont just turn all evil. So can someone explain?

2. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    Hm, personally, I wouldn't say that you should take the term "Energy field" literally. Or at least in the sense that you can see it and easily manipulate it.

Personally, I consider the Force as a "port" of the known Chi or Ki or Qi into the Star Wars Universe.

And that's not a literal "Energy field", or at least we don't know it that way.

To me, it's rather a "flow" or "stream". Every living being creates it and is connected by it. So, to put it as a whole, WE ARE ONE. I think it's the same case with the Force : All living beings are connected.

The authors don't know how to describe the Force in such a way; I don't even think they know Chi or Qi or Ki. So their view - and description - isn't very exact.

To turn to the Dark Side means to me simple the opposite of Love : Hate. Hate destroys Life, whereas Love supports Life. So in the end, a loving person supports the Force, and a hating person wants to use, abuse and disrupt this field.

The "power" of Dark Force users comes from the chaos, distruption of the "Energy Field", of the fear and anger and the "dark feelings" created by this. A Dark Force user might feed on this, but in the end, he destroys himself, because of the corruption of the Force.

So, a Dark Force user might gain great power, but for a price. I think I remember that GL once said that the Emperor's body was consumed and corrupted by the Dark Force. Well, the novel at least states so.

The deeper a person Loves the universe, the deeper a person in in the FOrce, the more this person is supported by the Force - and eventually by Life itself.

So Yoda got old, and Master Fay as well - both must've been awsome powerful, because they were in the Force. Master Fay (a female Jedi from the CLone Wars comics) even did her job without a lightsabre at all - and she was supposedly several thousand years old.

This view is also supported by the "cyborg theme" : An artificial part of the body cannot be supported by the Forced, because there is no life in it. So Vader was much weaker than the Anakin Skywalker he was before.

At least these are my thoughts. ;)

Alrik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.