main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Something just occurred to me about the wookiees in Episode III

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Anakin Starkiller, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin Starkiller

Anakin Starkiller Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 1999
    I am watching Episode III on, and something just occurred to me. We know they used very tall people in costume for the Wookiees, but it occurs to me that this was not necessary except for maybe Tarrful who shared scenes with Peter Mayhew who is the only actor who can be chewbacca.

None of the wookiees share any scenes with non-digital human actors. They could have used any scale actor for wookiees in Episode III.

2. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
  3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    I think Lucas just likes actors, or something. He doesn't NEED really short people to play ewoks or R2, he doesn't need people at all, but he chooses to.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  4. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I don't remember exactly where, but some place on the ROTS DVD Special Features, there is something regarding how one of the scenes was made: the scene when all of the Wookies come together on Kashyyyk to defend against on the oncoming battle from the sea. The actually filmed only a handful of TALL actors in Wookie garb and the digitally duplicated them to make the crowd. I believe they make a point to show that all of the Wookies were played by rather tall men!

5. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Not entirely true, there was that small scene with Luminara Unduli.

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009

7. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    ^^ Thank you! I just watched it again last night on the ROTS Special Features DVD. It's one of the web featurettes/documentaries anyone is looking for it on the DVD, but obviously it's on YouTube.

8. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    no problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.