main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something Less Ordinary [K/J with a twist...] Hormone-induced insanity is BACK!, November 26, 2004!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Deneveon, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    While I'm at it, I might as well put up the next post.

--

So I walked over to Wedge?s office. Along the way, I was really just strolling right along, because I was so happy and all. I mean, you?d have expected me to be a lot more depressed considering how I SHOULD HAVE enjoyed a dinner with the love of my life, even if his girlfriend was there, considering how badly I really like him. But anyway, that wasn?t the case, so I was happy as a bantha in spring.

But I was getting a wee bit suspicious getting there, because as I have mentioned, nothing good EVER happens to me. I mean, right when I actually realize that the man of my dreams was under my nose all along, another woman comes along and swipes him right from me. And then when I start thinking that Kyp might actually LIKE me by inviting me to dinner, that?s just because he wanted me to meet his perfect gal Fen. Right. So maybe you?d understand that my fears were correctly placed.

And besides. With my luck, something told me that everything was just going to get worse. I mean, it ALWAYS does. Why would it be any different now?

But then again, I tried to look on the bright side. I mean, hello, who wouldn?t? Maybe The Powers That Be had finally had pity on me for once and decided to snatch me from my Kyp Durron-initiated torment.

So there I was, happy and all (I mean, more or less), and I?m so freaking happy (more or less) that I realize that Wedge would think I was high on something should I have just walked right in there all smiling. It?s not right for someone like me, an officer in the Galactic Alliance thrust in the middle of a devastating war, to be smiling. At all. At anytime. I mean, if you?ve seen a thousand people die in one battle, it?s not normal for you to smile. Believe me.

But I digress. I got there and straightened my face, and walked right in, taking a seat after saluting. I had been to distracted to notice Kyp Durron sitting in the chair right next to me.

That?s right.

Kyp Durron.

I can?t quite remember if I squealed in surprise, or whatever. But I must have done something stupid again, considering that Wedge, Tycho, and Kyp were all looking at me strangely. Anyway, Kyp smiled at me a moment later, and that made me forget all about Fen and the dinner and the whole squealing-in-surprise thing. I mean who wouldn?t, considering those oh-so-deep green eyes of his, the eyes that would burn straight through your soul and speak to your heart without even?

Uhm. Right. You get the picture.

?Apologies for having to summon you both at such short notice, considering that I heard you had plans for tonight,? Wedge started, as he stood from his seat behind his desk and looked at the both of us intently.

Great. Even Wedge knew about the dinner.

?I?m afraid I have a surprise.?

I knew it. I knew it. It was all too good to be true. I just swallowed hard and tried to restrain myself from screaming right there and then. How I hate my life. Surprised are never good. Never. Never ever ever ever. Well, unless it was the kind of surprise that Kyp Durron told me that he?d broken up with Fen and told me that he loved me and whisked me into his arms and asked me to marry him?

But that?s beyond the point.

?Is that bad?? I asked, trying to hide the rising unsteadiness in my voice and trying to act all nonchalant.

?Well, I don?t think you?ll like it very much. It seems that due to tactical decisions beyond my control, Twin Suns Squadron and the Dozen will be temporarily merged for the duration of six months, in which you, Jaina, will be flying under Master Durron?s command.?

I looked at him, then Tycho, then Kyp. My jaw must?ve dropped straight to the floor.

?What?? I demanded, bolting from my seat. ?You can?t do that! That?s?that?s?absurd! Why not have Twin Suns and the Dozen fly together? What?s the purpose of having to put my squadron under his??

Wedge sighed, seeming to have expected this from the very beginning. ?To have two comma

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Den, Den, Den, Den, Den...

I love you, have I ever told you that? ;)

Anyways, this freaks me out more with every post...the way Jaina's mind works is exactly the same way mine seems to work... [face_shocked]

Great post!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

3. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Hey...You all updated your fics at the same time!!! [face_shocked] I spend half my life upping fics and waiting for new posts and you all decide to update the same day!!!! [face_shocked] Not that I'm complaining... In fact,I love it!!!! :D ;)

I love this post,and the whole fic...I adore the way you write Jaina's thoughts,they're so believable!!

Great one,seriously ;)

4. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

Oooo! Finally an update!!!!

I love it!
    I mean-- I hate it!
    How could Wedge do this to Jaina?????
    The disgust!

Anyway,
    Merry Belated Christmas
    and
    Happy New Year, everyone!

More soon?

~*~*~

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    YAY! You updated! :D Great postie.

~~Jilly

6. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    JJD: I love you, have I ever told you that?

Why, I love you too. I love all my readers. Thank you. :D

Anyways, this freaks me out more with every post...the way Jaina's mind works is exactly the same way mine seems to work...

Strange, isn?t it? How we all need just a little Kyp Durron in all our lives to set our brain circuitry straight :p

Ireth_Tasartir: LOL. Where would this story be without your graceful ups? :D Thanks so much!

Jaina_Rocks160: :D Thanks! I know, Wedge is a bit evil, now, is he? [face_devil] But we?ll see what?s to become of all this?. [face_mischief]

Jilly: Thank you!

--Den

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Fabulous! I love it!

The whol thing about Kyp's eyes TOTALLY reminded me of Mia when she's going on and on and on about Josh's eyes. [face_laugh]

(BTW, have you read "Project Princess"?)

More! More more more more more!

Please?

Dana

8. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Agh! More! More!! Please!!!! Jaina's pov is so real, and hilarious! And then it turns around and it's quite serious...poor Jaina. I hope she gets something else to make up for losing her command. (Like Kyp, maybe...)

-Mia

9. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    This is another one of my graceful ups... :p [face_laugh]

Oh,and I want more!!!! :D

10. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Dana: Hmm, yes, I suppose so, but in this story, she's not in love with a snotty, bratty, stuck-up loser like Josh. Or, maybe she is. :confused: Ah well, we'll see :p And no, I haven't read "Project Princess" yet. Well, okay, that's only half true. I read the first half in Borders the last time we were there. I plan to read the second half the next time we visit a bookstore [face_mischief]

Mia: Will she get Kyp? Will she not get Kyp? Oh, we'll see about that. :D More, I'm not sure when I can put up more. Maybe in a couple of weeks, since I have "Inevitable" to work on, and a couple other one-posters that have been sitting in my hard drive for quite a while now. But always in motion, the future is, so let's see about that!

Ireth: Thank you very very much for that up. So graceful. :D More sometime in the indefinite future.

--Den

11. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    More sometime in the indefinite future.

Well,meanwhile...UP!!!! :)

12. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Will she get Kyp? Will she not get Kyp? Oh, we'll see about that.

Den, Den, Den . . . This is YOU we're talking about! Duh! [face_laugh]

Dana

13. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Den, Den, Den . . . This is YOU we're talking about! Duh!

Mmm... yes. I've become a bit too predictable for my own good, eh? [face_laugh] Oh, but really. You never know when Colonel Iceblock will come around and capture my affections.

*blinks*

*bursts into peals of uncontrollable laughter*

*calms down*

I know, I know. I think I've had too much soda today. :p

--Den

14. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Colonel Iceblock???? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Geez,I almost die laughing!!!! :p

UP and MORE!!!! :) I think those are my fav words... :p

15. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks for the up! Colonel Iceblock, yes :p I came up with the name while rewriting one of my older vignettes a while back. :D

2000 posts for me! Yay!

--Den

16. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Marathon Reader!! I nearly laughed myself out of my chair a few times reading this! The fact that it's now 3 in the morning where I am means I've probably got some pretty annoyed neighbors right now! I CAN'T WAIT for more!! This story is SO FUNNY!!! Please post again soon!!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

17. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    why doesn't kyp get put under her copntrol

then she can order him to dinner

18. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Den, if Colonel Iceblock comes and warms your heart, I don't think it'll be JAina you put him with, you are too much of a K/Jer. :D And trust me, when a character becomes a part of your heart, it is REALLY hard to write them as a bad guy. I had to do that to both Jag and Tahiri in Complex, and it was SOOOO hard to write them as the "bad guys" in that story.

~~Jilly

19. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    I was going to up this when I read a Complex spoiler!!!! [face_shocked] Jag and Tahiri bad??? Oh,I wanna read that!!!! And soon!!!! :D

20. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    OK,I'll up this again...But I need a new post :D

21. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Yes,it's me again upping this... *sighs* I could use a post... ;)

22. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!! Sing a song of praise!!!!!!!!!

I AM FINALLY UNGROUNDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loved the new post!! Hate Wedge. :mad: Better fix this soon, he should.

MORE SOON??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

23. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Uppers again... ;)

More??? :)

24. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Wow! New readers! Yay!

:D

Uhm, I know I mentioned something about a post last weekend, but unfortunately I was stuck trying to straighten my newly renovated room (I have red walls now!!). I'll try my best to post on all my stories tomorrow, before next week as much as I can, because my first semester finals are coming up! With Martin Luther King, Jr. Day rolling along, maybe I'll get something up. But thanks so much anyhow!

--Den

25. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Up it goes again ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.