main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something Less Ordinary [K/J with a twist...] Hormone-induced insanity is BACK!, November 26, 2004!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Deneveon, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  2. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
  3. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  4. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    There you go...Up where you belong!!!! :)

5. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    OK,I'll up this again.... :)

6. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    And again...UP!! :)

7. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    It's me again,upping this... :)

8. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Looks like I'm the only one around... :confused:

9. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    I love this story. I can't wait for a new post.

Up!

Going back into lurker mode. :)

Leia

10. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    No folks, I' not dead. :D

--

I was furious. No, more than furious. I was enraged, infuriated, incensed. It wasn?t fair, it wasn?t right. I could feel my blood boiling as I trudged out of Wedge?s office, my temper threatening to let itself loose. I didn?t bother to try calming myself through whatever Jedi techniques I?d been taught through the years; I knew they wouldn?t work, and I didn?t have the patience at the given moment to even try.

The only thing that I really made an effort to do was to stop the tears that had already begun to flow. They were tears of rage more than anything else, and I swallowed hard in a futile effort to tamp them down. My head felt heavy, my muscles tight?and with every step I took, it seemed as if the feeling only worsened.

I was too occupied to notice the footsteps following mine, until a familiar voice startled me from behind.

?Jaina, wait,? I heard him say, and half a moment later he laid a strong hand on my shoulder to stop me. My head kept screaming to keep going, to ignore him, but the rest of my body defied me and I slowed, eventually coming to a rest at the corner of the passageway.

The one thing I did do right was refusing to look at him. I didn?t want him to see me like this. I?m sure I looked like a child in the middle of a tantrum just then. And besides the vanity, I was also angry at him. After all, it was to him I had to relinquish my command to, and I hated the idea, regardless of how ?temporary? the assignment was.

?Go away,? I said, many times weaker than I hoped I would. I wasn?t sobbing or anything, but I was absolutely certain that he could see right through whatever fake strength I tried to put in my voice, in my demeanor.

?I?m not going anywhere, Jaina. Not until we straighten this out.?

That was when I looked at him square in the eye. ??Straighten?? Straighten what out, Kyp? My squadron is yours now. Be happy and leave me alone.?

?This isn?t going to get you anywhere, and you know that.? His tone, very opposite from my angry one, was even and tempered. ?Let?s go talk to Wedge about this.?

?There?s nothing to talk about!? I practically yelled at him. ?I?ve worked my guts out to get where I am, and this is what they do to me! The least they could?ve done was tell me how long I?m out of a job, but no. They couldn?t even spare me an ounce of respect.?

?You?re not out of a job, you haven?t lost your rank. This is a simple matter of pride, and you?re not going to gain anything out of it.? He took me by the shoulders and gave me a mild shake. He didn?t scream back at me, or give me an evil eye, or anything at all. His voice was still as gentle as mine was brutal. ?Snap out of it. As long as I?m in charge of you, I?m not going to let you do this to yourself.?

That was when I lost it.

?In charge? Who do you think you are? My parents? Uncle Luke?? I ripped myself away from his grasp. ?I?m never in charge, am I? There?s always got be someone watching over me, someone deciding my every move. I?m sick of it! I?m sick of this place, this assignment, stuck in the middle of nowhere. I?m sick of you trying to look after me!?

I knew I was crying then. I was crying because I knew what I had just done. I knew that I had probably just hurt the one person I loved more than anything else in existence with words that I didn?t even mean. I watched him as he just looked at me, his feelings unreadable, his gaze inscrutable. I wanted to scream my apologies, that I never wanted to say what I had just said, but the words never came. My pride, my stupid, foolish, selfish pride, didn?t let me.

The truth was, I wasn?t sick of him. I wanted him there, always there. No matter how I acted I had always appreciated him just watching my back, guiding me. He always turned out right in the end. And yet I never really thanked him for it.

He was silent for a little while, and I turned away, staring to walk towards my quarters again. With every step I took, I just wished the floor below would just open up and swallow me.

Fina

11. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Uppity!

--Den

12. kyps_godess

kyps_godess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    wow
    that was great
    i liked the way u portayed her feeling about always haveing someone watching over her and how she hate herself for yelling at kyp but couldnt bring herself to say sorry

more soon please dont keep us in suspence about him following her please

kyps godess

13. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Good one... ;)

Jaina is a bit hot-tempered,but Kyp is just as stubborn as she,so they're perfect for each other :)

Don't make us wait too long,I wanna see what he does after following her :D

14. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    He followed her to her room? Oh, this is gonna be good...

Why do I get the feeling that he knows that she didn't really mean what she said? ;) I'm sooo hoping there's mush in the next post...

Up!

-Mia

15. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    I know I've said it a lot, but.................

WOW.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

IN this case, I hink it really fits. :eek:

My goodness, Den, that was awesome! I loved the dialogue!

Now, knowing that Kyp is following her, and hoping beyond hope that I'll get a good Valantines Day post, is it TOO unreasonable to ask for a post?!?!?!?!?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*~Austyn, one Daughter of Flame

16. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful post! And I almost missed it!

~~Jilly

17. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

Oh!
    I love it!!!!

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[look_desperate:] More??? :D

~*~*~

18. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    WOOHOO!!! You posted!! Poor Jaina. I wanna know why Kyp just followed her into her room. Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

19. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Up it goes!!!! ;)

20. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    Whoa...these last 2 posts were AMAZING......

Poor Jaina though..I can understand her..I'm just as dam proud as she is......

MORE!!!

21. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    kyps_: Thanks! I'll try to get something up, but I don't know when it'll be ready :p

Ireth: Yes, they're so perfect for each other. If only the people at Del Rey saw that. :mad:

Mia: Hmm. Does he know? Or doesn't he? Well, we'll have to find out, now won't we? [face_mischief]

Austyn: Thanks! Dialogue is probably my favorite thing to write, besides exposition and imagery. I'm not too much on the action side of things. ;) Glad you liked it anyhoo!

Jilly: Glad you didn't miss it :D

Jaina_Rocks160: More someday soon! Hopefully. lol.

Babi_Tahiri: Thankies!

Ireth again: Thanks for the up. :cool:

C3: Yeah, we all have that stubborness within us in one form or another, methinks. [face_mischief]

--Den

22. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Upping.

--Den

23. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Please update soon! This is getting good!!! :D

24. Ireth_Tasartir