Something Less Ordinary [K/J with a twist...] Hormone-induced insanity is BACK!, November 26, 2004!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Deneveon, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    Mundo long post.

Yes people, I'm still alive. :D

--

It must be criminal for me to have been this happy. I mean, come on. Honestly, as a Skywalker and and Solo, I am not entitled to this kind of bliss. It?s illegal. Well, it must be. To have this sort of thing happen to me, I mean. Me. Of all the people in the kriffing galaxy, it was ME. Stubborn, proud, spoiled little me. Jaina Solo. Me.

You can?t really blame me for it, either, though. Really. It wasn?t even my fault. (I don?t think it was, anyway.) For once, it?s NOT. MY. FAULT.

I know, I know. Surprising. Unbelievable. But I?m not even kidding.

I must have been kriffing stoned. Someone must have spiked my drink with spice or something. Because that?s the only logical explanation I could offer. If I were sane and in my right mind, I should have told myself that what I thought had happened really never did happen.

Because that statement would hold some truth to it. Maybe I?m overreacting. Maybe I?m just dreaming and I?ll wake up to find this all just a horrible nightmare. Because something as good as this just don?t happen to me. They don?t.

But it did. This time.

Perhaps I was just over-intellectualizing. Perhaps I just needed some more sleep. Perhaps it really, truly, honestly never, ever happened.

But it DID. Sweet Force, it did.

I knew, so knew that I shouldn?t have really been this super-happy over this. Because even if it did happen, it wasn?t like it was a huge thing. He didn?t kiss me, he didn?t profess his undying love for me, and he sure as nine hells didn?t ask me to marry him (things which I really wouldn?t have minded, by the way).

But he did hug me.

He HUGGED me.

HE hugged ME.

He hugged me.

HE. HUGGED. ME.

HE HUGGED ME!!!!

Okay, it?s not like he?s never hugged me before. He?s probably hugged me hundreds of times since I first met him (or, really, when he first met me), even before I could formulate complete sentences. He?s hugged me more times than I can even remember.

But the thing is, I didn?t KNOW that I was in love with him then.

Okay. Maybe I did have a crush on him since I was like, nine. But still. That was a totally different situation. I didn?t even know where babies came from then. (Or maybe I did, only I didn?t let anyone know that, since it wasn?t really polite to let your parents know that you knew. So yeah.)

So technically, logically, and theoretically, I shouldn?t have though much of it. He probably didn?t mean it in any other way besides in a fatherly/brotherly/mentor-ly way. That, and that he doesn?t care for me any more than how much he cares for a little sister.

But that doesn?t change the fact that I?m in love with him.

I twisted in my sheets so that I lay on my side, my cabin dark and silent except for the air circulator above my bunk. I stopped myself when I thought about that. It doesn?t change the fact that I?m in love with him.

Somehow I hated that. I hated that we were cursed with this awful thing called ?love.? Why couldn?t humans just procreate and get on with life? Why did love have to exist in the first place and complicate everything?? If we didn?t have love we could be simply affectionately attached to a person, yet still be able to dislodge ourselves from a relationship that was really pointless.

Which was exactly what I had with Kyp?a very pointless, one-sided relationship. Romantically speaking, of course.

But then I realized?what the kriffing Force was a saying? I knew I was just trying to lie to myself again.

That?s right, for sure.

I ignored that tinny voice. You?d think when I already began to agree with it that it would leave me alone. Apparently not.

Anyway. I suppose it was my entire fault in the first place, after all. For obsessing over him when I knew I shouldn?t have had. For hating him so much to the point that that emotion turned into something more eh, friendly.

It was kind of ironic. I mean, here I was, scolding
  2. djcati Force Ghost

star 4
    I. LOVE. YOU.

Judging by your record of updating so far (i.e., damn well TERRIBLE), this could well be the last update I read on this before I go back to school.
    Hell, when I read this story, it was April. Almost two months ago. I probably need to read it again (in fact, I do need to read it again)
    But this.. this was... this was a GREAT post to keep me happy until I can next visit the boards. I don't care that it wasn't written for me. It was now. Just for me. Just so I had something really really good to read before I have to go back to that hellho- I mean, school.

And YES, I still want to get PM's. PM's keep me going through school, because I check my e-mail and see the little notification and think, wow, when I get home, I HAVE A FIC TO READ!!!

Jaina is just brilliant and hilarious here. The whole fic. Love it.

EDIT: And I got first reply, and you have 400 posts, and your 400th was an UPDATE, and wow the world looks good today.
    Please note that it's 1am here, and I've been up since 9am (not my meanest feat, to be sure, but an early rise for a holiday). Any posts I make from now on, until 10AM GMT, are not to be taken at 100% face value. Being tired makes me hyper. Just be glad there's no ice-cream in the house, because late-night dj + ice-cream = hyperhyperfangirl
    Actually, there <i>might</i> be ice-cream... *wanders off to check*
  3. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, I do wanna be reminded, because I'm lazy and don't like to search for stories, but this is one I DON'T wanna miss. :-D
  4. hollynkesten Force Ghost

star 3
    loved the post (and the whole story) glad its being continued...and i can't wait for the next post, no need to PM me, ill have it in my facorites to link it up!
  5. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    You updated! You updated! Yay!!!

This soooo reminds me of Mia. [face_laugh]

Dana
  6. Abby Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! I love it! So very neurotic, but exactly the way someone would think in that situation! Trying to rationalize everything, trying to be logical, and then going back and being like...he wouldn't do this if he didn't, right??? PERFECTO!!!!!

I came, I read, I giggled...it was great.

~Abby~

PS. I always love getting PM's from people when they update :D
  7. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_laugh] Hilarious... That girl needs a schrink now!! :p

Definitely worth the wait ;)

And thanks for the PM, if you could send me one everytime you update you'd make me happy :D Ok, maybe not happy, but it'd make this easier... :p
  8. Ars_longa Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know that it's unfair to take favorites, but...

This is so much better than this dark-sithy stuff! I definitely all for humor and fun. :)

Espesially when it's very well written. :)

A.
  9. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    PMs for updates would be appreciated. :)

Dana
  10. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
    i LIKED that post!

PM me for updaties!! :D pretty please?
  11. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I just read your sig, and I swear, I think my parents thought I'd finally lost it, I was laughing so hard!!!!! :D It probably wasn't meant to be that funny, but I thought it was.

Very cute! Very well written. Well, more soon??!

~*~Austyn
  12. djcati Force Ghost

star 4
    uppie uppie uppie......

yay....

hehe...
  13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yay! A post! A magificent post!

I just love the way you're writing this one. It's such a teenage girl's head, I tell you what!

But he did hug me.

He HUGGED me.

HE hugged ME.

He hugged me.

HE. HUGGED. ME.

HE HUGGED ME!!!!
    Loved the variations!

There were so many lines I liked that I can't even quote anymore!

Wonderful!

Is it too soon to ask for more?
  14. Solo_and_Fel Force Ghost

star 3
    Disclaimer: Not really a K/J fan...

BUT,
    I saw this story mentioned in the fanfiction newsletter and decided to check it out based on the review. This story is hilarious. Jaina is going mental, but she does it with such flare. [face_hypnotized] Can't wait to see where you take it. I believe it'll be interesting.

Up. [face_shhh] (it looks like he's pointing up)

:)
  15. Glory Jedi Knight

star 1
  16. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't been on the boards for a few months cause RL got way busy, but wow! Look what I missed!!!

I LOVE this story! This is one of my favorites. Only neurotic Jaina... I love how Kyp hugged her. It makes me want to hug Kyp!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

-Mia
  17. val solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, Denevon...you can't just leave it at that! We need a new post!!!
  18. C3SoloP0 Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Suzuki_Akira Force Ghost

star 7
    Come on Deneveon! Update this!

(I Like the conversational style of Jaina's de facto diary. Very nice)
  20. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    dj: Mmm, yes, I apologize profusely for the whole not updating thing. :p I had a kind of Star Wars burnout the last couple of months and wanted essentially nothing to do with Star Wars. Which included fan fiction. Besides, I didn?t think anyone was reading any of my stories anymore, so I kinda didn?t bother to check. [face_blush] But hey, thanks!

Jaina is just brilliant and hilarious here. The whole fic. Love it.

Yeah, I got kind of sick of writing about depressed, PMSed, I-am-the-Sword-of-the-Jedi-so-I-can?t-love-anyone-besides-myself Jaina. And besides, this is kind of a tribute to Meg Cabot, from whom I get a very large quantity of inspiration for this story. That and my own sorry problems, but that?s probably not something that should be discussed here ;)

Connemara: Thanks! I?ll PM you once I have something up. :)

hollynkesten: Thankies!

Dana: Blame Meg. ;)

Abby: Wow! I love it! So very neurotic, but exactly the way someone would think in that situation! Trying to rationalize everything, trying to be logical, and then going back and being like...he wouldn't do this if he didn't, right???

:D I wanted something that would be fun for me to read and write. I mean, this is almost like writing my own diary (in a way) for me, which is kind of sad, but whatever :p I?m glad you like it!

Ireth: Oh, yes. She definitely needs therapy. [face_mischief]

Ars_longa: Thanks. :D

C3: Thanks! I?m glad you liked it.

Daughterofflame: I just read your sig, and I swear, I think my parents thought I'd finally lost it, I was laughing so hard!!!!! It probably wasn't meant to be that funny, but I thought it was.

Don?t worry. I have those moments too. :p

dj: Thanks for the up!

JJD: More soon. Hopefully.

Solo_and_Fel: Thanks for giving this a chance :) I hope you stick around. And thanks!

Glory: Thanks for the up!

MiaTieska: t makes me want to hug Kyp!

Me too. :D

val solo: I?m writing one as we speak. Look for it this week, or even today if I finish it. :)

C3: Thanks!

Suzuki_Akira: Thanks! I?m glad you like it. I didn?t quite know when I started this that it?d turn out as a diary kind of thing, but hey, good things often come by accident :p

Thanks so much to everyone who reviewed this. I know it?s been over a month, and I haven?t got an update just yet, but I will have one as soon as I can. Muchos gracias!

--Den

EDIT: Uhm, I put something in there that wasn't supposed to be there. Oops. [face_blush]
  21. djcati Force Ghost

star 4
    I missed this reply.

hm... I think I've read one of Meg Cabot's stories, and liked it, but not the Princess Diaries.. need to read them, methinks.

oh well.
    UP!!! ^^
  22. Glory Jedi Knight

star 1
  23. djcati Force Ghost

star 4
    *pokes*

This story needs an UP.

And a cookie. *hands story a cookie*

*after a moment, also hands Den a cookie*

24. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    I hate school. [face_plain]

Sorry for not posting. I know I've got a post somewhere, but I can't remember where I saved it, thanks to my stupid responsibilities (DIE DRL!!! DIE!!!), so once I find it I'll post it ASAP. Thanks for all your patience, guys. And I promise, posts will be more often especially since winter break's close. :D

25. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    I hate DRL. It should die. Finally, a postie. :D This is dedicated to all you folks who've stuck around even if I haven't been so consistent. :p

--

I really should be acting a little more Goddess-like. I know it?s been over for a while now, but still. It?s unbecoming of a young lady (and military officer, at that) to just melt in the arms of a man who you know is already taken by someone else.

(BUT I SAW HIM FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It?s also probably of the dark side to wish for something bad to happen to others, too. I mean, it?s not like The Girlfriend tried to kill me or anything.

(BUT SHE DID STEAL MY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Okay. Deep breath. I know, it?s not like Kyp said anything about them being attached or whatever, but it?s also not like they don?t spend almost THE ENTIRE KRIFFING DAY with each other. What would you expect I?d assume? I mean, it?s so Sithspawned obvious they?re together. And I know it?s not like Kyp?s really ?my man,? but hey, like I said, I saw him first.

(SO THE GIRLFRIEND SHOULD BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!)

I mean, he did hug me, right?? And he was all comforting-like and all that, right?? And he looked genuinely concerned over me, right??

And there was that time in Hapes, you know, the Red Dress Incident. Stang, I wish I still had that dress?

I also wish I had snatched him up there and then instead of being so amazingly stupid and waiting until Miss ?Look-At-Me-I?m-So-Perfect? snagged him.

(I HATE MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(I also hate Fen)

(And I hate Kyp for making me fall in love with him)

(And I hate my superior officers, for getting me stuck on this space station in the middle of nowhere with no decent distractions?i.e., hotter guys than Kyp Durron)

(And I hate Jagged Fel, because he?s hot too and I used to like him and I think I still do like him, which I think isn?t going to be a very good thing)

(And I also hate Kyp because he had to invite me to that stupid dinner)

(And I hate myself because I ACCEPTED his invitation to said dinner)

(And again I hate Kyp because he had to invite PRETTY MS. GIRLFRIEND too)

(I HATE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Gads, I wish I someone would kill me right about now. Anytime you feel free, Mr. Yuuzhan Vong. Anytime now.

I know, I really shouldn?t be saying things like that. But sometimes it feels like that would be my only way out of my problems. I mean, it?s enough that I?ve got the entire galaxy on my shoulders (what, with Uncle Luke calling me Sword of the Jedi and crap like that?yeah, Sword of the Jedi my kriffing arse), and now I have to deal with love and funny feelings and all those sappy clichés that I thought were supposed to make you HAPPY.

But I don?t feel very happy, in case anyone was wondering!!!!!!

I mean, who would, if they were in my situation? I screwed up badly enough in front of the one person I least wanted to screw up in front of. And yet, he was a good sport about it, and I don?t know if he noticed that I had practically melted in his hug and all. He could have totally told me to do anything and I?d have done it.

Well, okay, not really true, but close enough.

I don?t know how long he hugged me for. My brain was dead at the time, I guess, as it usually is around him, but when it finally came to a point that he wasn?t hugging me anymore I got the bright idea of getting up to wash my face in the ?fresher.

Yeah, real smart, Jaina. Real smooth. I had Kyp Durron just give me a hug, in my quarters, while we were totally alone, and I decided to get up and wash my face.

When I could have totally kissed him right there and then, you know, in the heat of the moment, and we could have totally lived happily ever after because he would have confessed his undying love for me and I?d have done the same to him and then he would have asked me to marry him and I?d have said yes, and he?d have said something like ?I?ll always be there for you Jaina? and I?d break down or something or maybe even kiss him for sayi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.