main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Something new for us to do....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    one of the ladies I work with just emailed me a link to this interesting site. It is an orginization that connects people willing to write to someone with soldiers deployed over seas. I already submitted my information because I remember doing this when I was in high school (and I still have those letters ;) ).

We can do this as a group effort if there are enough people interested, or we can do it individually if only a handfull care to take five minutes to write to someone who may not have anyone else to write to (end guilt trip lol).

Please let me know which way you would be interested in doing something like this :)

2. JSaunders-2

JSaunders-2 Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2003
    Just an extra note, there are a LOT of soldiers that just don't have people to write back and forth to. I know when I was in basic, you could tell it bothered some ofthe guys when they were the only ones not getting mail.

Plus, let's not forget they're overseas for oursakes.

Good call on posting this Stacy ;)

(BTW like my spiffy replacement account? LOL)

3. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    I would be interested:) Good idea!

4. marcus1632

marcus1632 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2003
    Sound good to me. Let me know more on it.
    Thanks

5. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Here is what we need to do to get this moving:

• decide if you want to take part
    • pm/email me the following: your name, email addy you would like to be contacted at by the people with the names, and your b-day
    • wait to hear something from them (about a week-2 weeks

If you are not comfortable being contacted via email by the organizers of the group, please let me know and I will have them just send me the information. I would like to get this submitted before friday so please let me know asap!!!

6. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    only 2 other people willing to give 5-10 minutes to write someone risking their life overseas? hmmm....a bit sad guys.

Well I am giving one last chance in hopes that people will reconsider (or that some have not checked all week)

You have until 10pm tomorrow

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Alright...sending in the info in a few minutes. Thanks a ton to Camisa and marcus1632 for taking part :) I am sure the first group will be emailing you directly with your soldier. I have at least one more group to hear from (ie i submitted the form and am waiting.)

If there is anyone who would like to still participate, please let me know.

8. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Have either of you been contacted with a name for your Soldier? Please keep us up to date :)

I had recieved my Soldier's name, but found out it was only temporary (as the lady I work with got the same name :) ) So I am waiting for the addy of my new one :)

9. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    I have not recieved mine at all yet, still waiting. :) -Ann

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Please visit the Department of Defense web page below and sign a brief message thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for defending our freedom. The compiled list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are only 4,320,990 names. What a shame. There should be hundreds of millions of thank yous. Pass the word that we can honor and support the defenders of freedom. Regardless of how you feel about war, THESE are the people defending YOUR freedom. National Military Appreciation Month

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

takes 10 seconds... literally. please pass it on

11. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    AS someone in the Armed Forces, you all have earned my respect with this! Thank you so much for doing this.

12. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I now have like 5 guys i am slowly starting to write to or have been told I will be given information to write :) I love the idea of being able to bring a little smile to someone who is in such a stressful situation.

So JK88, what branch are you in? What are the chances of you getting sent somewhere? And if you do, Can I write to you ;)

13. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Just checking to see if anyone else has heard about their soldiers to corespond with? Would anyone be interested in getting together some stuff to send in several care packages? I have a list of goodies that are normally needed and I am sure there are some who served who can chime in with stuff from home they enjoyed recieving while overseas/ deployed.

14. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Any news?

15. camisa

Aug 20, 2000
    I have still not recieved anything in my inbox on this subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.