main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Something random...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MJ_Keehan_Sundve, Jan 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    ...has been happening to me lately. I keep having these dreams that end up happening... Example:

The night before a Tree63 concert, I dreamt that I met the drummer from Tree63, and he was wearing a specific outfit. Before my dream, I had never seen a pic of Tree 63, but that day, at the concert, the drummer looked exactly like he did from my dream... same outfit, too.

I dreamt that I saw my ex-bf, Dustin, walking into a building wearing a specific outfit. The next day, I saw him in that same outfit doing the same thing from my dream.

I dreamt that I heard from my friend Kristin, from whom I haven't heard in a long time. The next day, I heard from her.

I dreamt about LOTR, and the next day my family asked me to see it with them.

I dreamt that Ben was flying to Nashville to visit his brother, and the next day, I found out he was actually going to.

Help! This is crazy!!

2. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Controlling a dream is called Lucid Dreaming.
    Can you do this?
    If no, try researching it online.

Try ways of enhancing the dream.
    Try to remember more details.

If this is an actual ability you might have, embrace it. Learn from it. And try to expand & strengthen it.

3. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    PM sent, I'd like to talk with you about this.

4. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Sweet!!!

Lucid dreaming? No, that's not what this is. :) This is more along the lines of astral projection - aka, "out of body" experience. Of course, I'm no expert, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Indeed, something to look into. :D

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    You're a mutant. I suggest you choose a nickname that describes your new powers in a vague but catchy way and then set about designing a costume to disguise your human identity. Finally, take out a personal ad in the paper looking for an arch nemesis.

Hope this helps.

6. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Ive had dreams like that but the usual not the next day, it usual is a very specfic event and usual a moment of the future that usual has no real relavance.
    and we use only a small percetage of our brains you might have inadfvertanly taped into a part the majority of us dont use...dont freak out.....and find out what saturdays lotto numbers are for me =)

7. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Talk to me the next time I'm up MJ. I've got some wacko ones that I've dreamt and have happened.

8. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Among some Native American friends that I know, they have told me that those who receive messages through dreams are pretty special people. Their gift was given to them to help people.

If this is the case, as has been said before, embrace it. If it is not, then there is a message being sent to you the you should heed.

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    what ever it is, its really cool!

10. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    why don't you dream about me......winning the lottery or something ;) :p

11. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    we use only a small percetage of our brains

old wives' tale.

12. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    If you want to have some books on the subject of precognition, I can lend you some. Just be careful when you try to control it and don't do too much at once. Oh, and I believe that Super Seamstress can help you with a new costume but I don't have a clue about a catchy name that vaguely describes your new mutant powers. . . but maybe I could help with taking out that archnemisis add. My favorite battle cry has always been SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

13. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Have you started keeping a dream journal? That would probably be a good place to start. As you become more aware of what is going on you'll be able to get a better understanding of what it means and how to use it. As others have said so far, don't be afraid of it but definately have a healthy respect for this. If you have received this gift then you may as well use it otherwise you waste a rare gift granted by God.

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    JD - No it's not. :p Proven neurological research has shown that the human brain advanced beyond the point that current, conscious human thought is unable to grasp it's true function. This is a single, multi-compartmentalized organ that is capable of regulating breathing, bloodflow, body chemistry, movement, balance, sensation, organ function, vision, hearing, waste product removal, growth, emotions, instincts, reactions, thoughts, dreams, humor and a million other little things that were learning about every day. You cannot consciously control the types and amounts of chemical being produced by your endocrine system, but yet your brain can. "You" are not using your brain, it is using you. :)

Okay, back to MJ :D Lucid dreaming, pre-cognition and the million other terms created for that phenomenon that occurs when dreams come true are an "unproven" fact. Which only means that science has not yet found a way to legitimize their existence, not to say that they do not exist. In my reading and experience, I have found that at certain points in our lives (everyone's lives) that we have all experienced this phenomenon. One common point exists in the developmental stage immediately following completion of puberty. The human body may have completed the transition from adolescence, but the human brain is still coordinating all of those changes into a fully functioning adult brain. During this transition, many people experience a kind of "lucid dreaming." Most are not conscious enough of their mind to be able to interpret these dreams into any coherent statement of events, but instead get an elevated feeling of "deja vu" when the evens transpiring in their lives mimic dreams they have had. In your case, you have managed to open conscious pathways into that part of your brain that allows you the clarity of thought with which to recognize not only the dream (in vivid detail) but also the event that mimics it.

Now, I can't say this will last forever, because the stimulus for the dreaming itself may dissipate with time, but for now, you can enjoy the entertainment value of it all. And if, by some miracle, you are able to find some "control" over the process, and it continues well into your adulthood, then treat it as a blessing and be comforted by your gift. :)

15. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Master Bendeen told me the students would start experiencing this... ;)

(Inside joke!)

16. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    LP: If its an inside joke why make us all wonder about it? Oh...yeah...that's right...because you can. ;)

MJ: I agree with the mutant thing. I think you should choose colors that say, "I'm a girl mutant, don't **** with me." Something along the lines of mauve and black...nah. Maybe neon green and purple...nah. Oh, how about a classic mutant combo...red and black. Yeah I think that's more your style. Oh and don't forget the corsett/bodice/boustie' (sp?)...the bad guys go nuts for that kind of stuff.

Now for weapons: I see you carrying around some smaller blade-ish things...how about the ever popular throwing stars? Oh and maybe you should think about growing some wings or horns, people respect those; I know I do. And practice spitting fire, definately puts the fear of mutant PMS in the men folk.

I can't wait to see you in your full-fledged horror. You go girl!

17. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    OOh, MJ i get this kind of stuff occassionally but I just go for the entertainment value of it. I don't think you should be really concerned about it unless it's taking you places you shouldn't be in (contacting spirits, watching Star Trek, ya know ;) )

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Jenn: so basically you just told me that I don't use my whole brain, but my whole brain does use me, right? Either way, it's not the old thing where people thing there is so much of the brain we haven't tapped into that telepathy and telekinesis must be possible at some point.

19. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Thanks Zoo.. you said it so much more...elegantly or is it technically?

20. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Oh, how about a classic mutant combo...red and black.

:confused: I thought it was yellow spandex? :confused:

8-}

21. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    "Oh and don't forget the corsett/bodice/boustie"
    Wenchie- it's spelled boustier, I think. It's french so they have to add some extra letters just to make everyone else unable to pronounce or spell the language. The french do make good pastries however.

22. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Jada: Yellow is a classic as well, but I think with her complexion that red and black would work. Yellow might make her look sissy. ;)

Thanks for the spelling correction there princess I knew it wasn't right, but I couldn't remember how to spell it and was too lazy to reach for my dictionary.

23. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Heh... or she could dye her hair a vomitous shade of purple, pull out the neon spandex and call herself Psychedelic Girl... might work.

...okay, maybe not.

24. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    JD "We" haven't fully tapped the potential of the human brain, as "we" have yet to figure out what that full potential is yet. I believe that once we have evolved to a certain point, with the proper stimulus of the brain we will be capable of so much more than we are now. However, I do believe stimulus is a seriously key element to that process. There are many studies that show with proper stimulus the human brain can extend that exponential learning curve that exists, typically, between the ages of birth and 4 years old. They have found it extended 2-3 years providing the child with astounding comprehension and retention levels, making it possible for them to excel in academics and even the arts at a remarkable rate, as long as there is a constant source of stimuli. When appropriate stimuli for learning is removed from those same children, the entropy that occurs at a disasterous rate as well. So, the key is to work your brain like any other organ/muscle in your body, or pretty soon we'll be a bunch of Dragon's ;) [face_mischief]

asl - Thanks, it comes from having a brain which is unable to refuse retention of trivial details and obscure minutia. I'm pretty sure that's why I can't remember my phone number or name some days ;) [face_laugh]

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    regardless...I don't believe in telepathy, telekinesis, or foresight. telepathy is the ONLY one that I could consider to be a possibility. Communication via the mind? BIG maybe. seeing the future or moving things w/ your mind? Nope. Not this kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.