Something that pisses me off...

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by MOTs_Minx, Jun 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Y'know, we are a bunch of sell-outs really when you think about it. And it feckin pisses me off!

I've been doing a Word Conversion thing here at work about power plants and stuff. And apparently theres a project at Loch Ness which is owned by Coventry University.

*** is all that about???

Why are we selling off all our assets to these foreigners???

What about all our fish and oil???

//jumping off soapbox

Yous can tell I'm pissed off cantcha? LOL
  2. PadawanSDM Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, all that and Van Bronkhorst to Arsenal. What the hell is going on up here?

They can have the fish oil though..smelly stuff.
  3. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Aha, do I detect where your loyalties lie, young man?

If so, its nice to have a fellow supporter on board :)
  4. PadawanSDM Jedi Master

star 4
    Try the other side of the city!

How do you change the colour of text?
  5. MaceWindy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Don't worry Cass I'm with you
  6. PadawanSDM Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry MaceWindy, we all have our problems ;)
  7. Calamity Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry, I'll do the green text! Nice colour, ain't it!

I mean, even the boards changed from blue to green!
    :D :D :D
  8. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    2-a-piece, huh. Windy, you have become my new ally on these boards LOL.

Actually, I was brought up in a family who have the same love for football as I have for Star Wars but I dont care much for the beautiful game.

Well, except when Scotland play or when the Gers play Cellick. Apart from that ...
  9. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    And that brings another point to the frey...

Football has no heart in it any more. Its all about money.

Look at Rangers and Celtic for instance. Just how many Scottish lads play for these teams?
  10. PadawanSDM Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I couldn't agree with you more there Cass, although it's not restriced to Scotland.

It's unlikely that Celtic or Rangers will sign any Scottish players this season and not many youth players get a chance.

Sad and reflected in the sad state of the National side.

Sigh!
  11. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    The sad thing is that over here, we're used to it. It's hard to have national pride when half your businesses belong to foreigners. Not that I have a problem with that, trust me. Sometimes I'd rather live in another country than this place.

Let's see, our President is a joke. He gives all the benefits to the rich and oil companies. He makes a fool of himself in other nations and gives them this dumb look when they protest him. Then he pisses off Sweden. Has anyone ever pissed off Sweden? It's really hard to do. I'm scared to live here because I'm afraid one of these days someone's going to go ballistic and I'll get caught in the crossfire.

Can I come live with you guys? ;p

I remember that SSI last year gave money to some conservation group over there to prevent Culloden Moor to be turned into apartment complexes. That sounds like something that would happen here.
  12. PadawanSDM Jedi Master

star 4
    "Then he pisses off Sweden. Has anyone ever pissed off Sweden?"

LOL Shara - great line! The only people who previously pissed off Sweden were Abba when the broke up, 'cos then Sweden had to rely on "old men boxy cars" for exports.

Foreign companies investing in the local economy are fine by me but when the major sporting clubs of the country are doing little or nothing to nurture home talent then something is far wrong,.

I would be like all the NBA teams ignoring the college drafts and signing foreigners!
  13. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think there should be a rule whereby 3/4 of the team has to be home-grown talent.
  14. PadawanSDM Jedi Master

star 4
    Well at least Rangers have invested heavily in a youth academy here so hopefully they will start to bring through some decent Scottish talent.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.