main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something was really bothering me...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, there's a good reason I'm up late. You know when you remember just a tiny snippet of things and it drives you crazy until you figure out what the Hell you've been remembering? Well aparently I was thinking about cartoons I watched when I was younger.

One was actually pretty trippy. It was called Noozles. It was about these koalas from a parallel universe, Koala walla land(or something like that) that had been taken over by the evil kangaroo cops.

The more I think about the cartoons I watch, I realize I was a hard core geek then too. And despite the Noozles being a kid show, they were taking about interdimensional portals, crazy tools that could make them stop time and space etc... Well you know what I'm talking about.

Then I had this image of a crazy rainbow monkey bird. If anyone has seen Pirates of Dark Water you'll know what I'm talking about.

Well, I just thought I'd share. Anybody else watch crazy cartoons when they were little?

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Gah, no posting anymore when I'm sleep deprived.

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Um...Some of us grew up in the psychedelic age... We've seen some pretty weird stuff... H.R. Puffinstuff anyone? Land of the Lost... Sigmund & the Seamonsters...The Hair Bear Band...

4. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I loved H.R. puff & stuff!@!!!!!!

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I think i remember the noozles or what ever. they befriended some little girl right?

and pirates of dark water was cool. i never did get to finsih that show.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I never got to finish Dark Water either. :( And I forgot who used to watch the Noozles, but I usually ended up catching a few minutes of it everyday.

I think that's why I like anime. It's not the usual "let's go kill the bad guy" like every other cartoon on TV today, it's more "there's this kid that has something growing out of his head and he really has a wormhole in his brain that robots are using to enter this universe with and the gubmint wants the kid and this hot alien chick with a scooter wants this kid and this kid wants this homeless japanese schoolgirl and all throughout the cartoon they keep talking about something really funny that nobody ever really explains, and before you really know what's going on he pulls a super whammy guitar out of his head and bats an asteroid that's going to destroy the Earth back into space with it."

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    ZOOM, back away from the cough syrup s-l-o-w-l-y.

Feel better now? Guess not it could take 4 hours or so :D

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I only wish I had some. That Histussin HC when I had that weird coughing SARS thing that everyone else had last February was -=*AWESOME*=-. It made my legs feel like they were made of wood.

The cartoon I mentioned really exists. It's called "Fooly Cooly" (or "FLCL" depending on how the net searches have it listed). :D

9. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Heck, I heard the theme song from " The Island of Dr. Shrinker ". Anybody remember that one?
    What about Electra Woman and Dyna Girl?
    What about Lidsville?
    What about Kimba the White Lion? (that one's not trippy though)
    What about The Bugaloos?
    What about Land of the Lost?
    What about Space Nuts?
    What about The Lost Saucer?
    What about Grape Ape?
    What about The Smurfs? OMG The Smurfs!
    What about Super Chicken?
    What about George of the Jungle?
    on and on and on......

NO! I was not a TV Child Zombie!

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    OMG! I had totally forgotten about the Bugaloos and Super Chicken! [face_laugh]

And how about Hong Kong Phoey, Wonderbug/Schlep Car, New ZOO Revue and that one with the cats on rollerskates

EDIT: OOOOO! This should help

[image=http://digilander.libero.it/fabiopao/toons/sc00017.jpg]

11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Personally,

I LOVED Thundarr the Barbarian

[image=http://www.thundarr.com/thundarr/trio.jpg]

12. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    OMG Zoo! The New Zoo Revue! I loved watching that show. I remember the Hippo Character and what a priss she was.
    Hey, don't forget the Banana Split Bunch! Drooper was the MAN! with that big dog tongue hangin' out of his mouth all the time.

13. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I only had two TV channels to choose from...so I didn't get to see the more interesting but my favorites were Dungeons and Dragons, Tarzan, Batman, Smurfs, and MIGHTY MOUSE!

14. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    How could I not mention Rocky and Bullwinkle! :oops:
    Oh Yeah, Peabody's Improbable History. Remember? The White dog in glasses with a bow tie and his sidekick Sherman.
    UNDERDOG! My favorite.
    Tennessee Tuxsedo. Don Adams did his voice.

Dudley Doright! Always loved Snidley!
    Tom Slick!
    Fractured Fairy tales! The book always fell on the fairy at the end of the theme song. [face_laugh]

15. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Gee, sure can't understand why I ended up drawing cartoons for a living. Hmmmmmmmmmmm... [face_thinking]

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Henrietta Hippo :D

My uncle used to bring me presents from the road when he was a OTR Truck Driver... One of those presents was a tuffed Henrietta Hippo, because he used to watch the show w/ me when he lived with us while I was a little girl... Anyway, it got caught in a jor GI Joe battle in the garage this one time and my brothers ended up scorching the crap out of it... My youngest brother was so guilt ridden that a few years back, he found another on at a yard sale and bought it for me [face_love] So, I have one sitting in my room :D

17. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Cool Zoo! take a picture so I can see!

18. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    Every cartoon from the sixties and seventies was just out there heck even the eighties. but thats the thing about cartoons they are a way we can bring the unrealistic to life.
    A long time ago I worked with a lady and she looked like a ?sleestack? from land of the lost.

smurfs who cant see the drug reference. little blue people that live in muSHROOMs.

what about the littles? anybody remeber them. the little half personmouse things that lived in the wall.
    and things that lived in the wall what about fragel rock? one side of the wall was the real world the other side was fantasy and in the wall was a whole world of fragel's and dozzer's.

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I love the Littles...sometimes they still play them on channel 2.

Though you can NOT forget JEM! She was TRUELY outrageous!

20. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

He is talking about "The Littles", what about the ThunderCats.......They were awesome!

And Snorkles
    And Wuzzles
    And of Course Masters of the Universe
    And BraveStar
    AAAAAhhhh for the good old days..

21. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    JEM was nothing with out the holograms. didn't you see them on behind the music a month or so on VH1.

22. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I used to have to watch that because of my sister. Did anyone ever watch "MASK" with the cars that transformed??

23. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    wow MASK . I forgot about that. hey I will admit it I watched the girly cartoons too . what can I say I was a lazy kid and we didn't have a remote.

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Nono,
    VOLTRON with the Cats is MUCH better.

[image=http://www.lionking.org/~lynxcat/toons/voltron/blswdsm.jpg]

I hated Voltron with the cars.

25. RavLoc_Vos

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

Voltron was the man.....So to speak.....

But none of them was better then the TMNT....YAaahhh BABY!!
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for those who are not hip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.