main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something weird in this old catalog thing

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by RogueWompRat, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Hey, whil cleaning my room, I came across this little booklet with Darth Maul on the cover with ads and coupons for Ep. 1 toys. One thing caught my eye, a Jabba that spits one of those frog things at a gong that came with a Fode and Beed fig! I've never seen this any where? Is there any info on it?

2. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I dont know about it having Fode and Beed but I think you are talking about Jabba Glob. It came with some slime stuff and little frogs that you could make ooze out its mouth. I have one and its like a deluxe figure.

3. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    Nope, Rogue is right, There was 2 EPISODE 1 Jabbas ;)

There was Jabba Glob with all the slimy goop & a few frogs to chew on, The OTHER Jabba does in fact have a spitting mechanism and comes with Fode & Beed ;) I've never seen the 2nd one in stores, but my buddy has both :)

4. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Yeah, the spitting Jabba was like the beast packs of the POTF2 line. It came with Fode & Bede, one that was quite different from the POTJ one. If I recall that Jabba was fairly rare, glad I got one when I could.

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yes, that one is much rarer then most Episode I toys (ha, especially that Jabba Glob...). I only just got one this summer. :)

6. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Hmmm...didn't realize it was rare.

I have that one and never saw Jabba Glob

7. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I for one will vouch fo Jabba Glob's awesome-ness. Best lieness of ROTJ Jabba, except the vintage one. But thanks for the info!

8. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I too saw this catalog you speak of and wanted to find this figure in the store. Alas, it was not to be.

9. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Is it Fode and Beed or Hex and Rex, that Jabba came with? Either way, this was a pretty awful set. Jabba is permanantly stuck in a puckered up pose, or with a frog's head halfway in his mouth.

Jabba Glob was only $2, and much better ;)

10. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've got the Jabba Glob. :)

I got him on clearance a few years ago at K*B Toys for $2.99. :D

11. NotClownJ0KER

NotClownJ0KER Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 24, 2001
    I believe this is what you were looking at....I got mine at K-Mart for $3.79...

[image=http://cargobay.starwars.com/toys/vehicles-beasts/episodei/t_vh_ep1_jabba_w_2headed_announcer.jpg]

12. Dex_the_Droid

Dex_the_Droid Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    I've got the spitting Jabba with Hex and Rex. :D

I live in the UK and The Entertainer toyshop had aload of him after the film hype died down. He was fairly cheap at ten pounds. Its an OK toy. It fires a frog head at a gong (like Jabba did in The Phantom Menace).

The funny thing with this toy is the guy who comes with him. Its supposed to be Fode and Beed, but on the box they are called Hex and Rex. And the even stranger thing is that its of the sculpt of the actors with makeup on and not the final computer graphic version we see in the film and on the PotF single figure.

Its now very hard to find him.

:)

13. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    And the even stranger thing is that its of the sculpt of the actors with makeup on and not the final computer graphic version we see in the film and on the (POTJ) single figure.

Interesting to know! I wonder what the problem was there. I don't like that Jabba's green mouth.....it looks weird. I don't have that one, but I do have the Jabba Glob.

14. Dex_the_Droid

Dex_the_Droid Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    Jabba Glob is the best. I like to store figures in his belly. Pretend he has eaten Han Solo or something. Yeah he's a funny guy.

The spitting Jabba is OK, but is no way an essential purchase. He does have a odd looking mouth and the error of the look of Hex and Tex/Fode and Beed is bad (but interesting).

PS: He also has an airbag inside him and if you squeeze his back he shoots air or water!!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.