main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something Wicked This Way Comes - FINISHED 17 February

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by TheFallen, Dec 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    This is my first posted Star Wars fic so don't diss me, spit on me, and spit me out too badly, alright? Thank you.

Since I didn't take the time nor effort to go through this putting in the HTML codes for italics (I copied/pasted this from fanfiction.net where even though they say Word docs upload, they don't), I hope that thoughts or mind communication is clear enough. You're brilliant people, you'll figure it out, me thinks.

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: The Meeting

Summary: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon go on a mission to pick up an old force sensitive that has an elusive and horrifying past. Can they help her soothe her demons?

Disclaimer: Even though this has NO legal point whatsoever, I'll blatantly confess to never owning any of these people. 'CEPT RYO! HAH! You can't take her away from me! Although why you'd want her I don't know..

Timeline: Obi-Wan is 20, however long before TPM, you do the math.

Production Notes: This started somewhere over a month ago. I have a problem with just getting all these random ideas for fics suddenly and then mashing them into one story, then taking forever to write them. Hope this came out okay.

The Meeting
    ---------------------------------------------

"Obi-Wan, remember we're here to help this girl and bring her to the Temple. Not to judge." Qui-Gon reminded as he adjusted his civilian clothing as he walked down a dusty street of a backwater planet, Banis. He had no doubt in his mind that Obi-Wan was enjoying wearing something other than the usual Jedi garb, but his clothing was less than comfortable.

"You have nothing to fear from me, Master. I just want to help her... from what the Council said, she'll need whatever help she can get." Obi-Wan replied shortly, adjusting his black jacket and opening the door to the seemingly quiet club.

It was anything but inside.

Lights blared from every possible outlet in every color of the spectrum. Most of them flashing blindingly. Probably so you can't see who you're being hit on by... Obi-Wan though cynically and he heard a mental laugh reverberate from Qui-Gon, who somewhat agreed.

The bar itself was situated near the outskirts of the town, where the roads went off into a dense forest. The mom-and-pop-esque exterior was an illusion to the interior of the raging bar scene full of people and flashing lights.

Obi-Wan inspected the club that the two Jedi were to track down the force sensitive woman in. He looked up... and up... and his eyes opened in wonder at the peculiar architecture. There were several floors above his head, all made of glass with several scantily clad dancers shaking gaily across them. Beside him, Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow and wondered how many codes this place broke already. Glancing at the underage patrons and glass floors, he figured a few hundred.

"Don't be distracted, Padawan, we're here only to track this woman down and leave." Qui-Gon instructed and walked forward into the mass sea of people.

Which one of us were you reminding, Master? Obi-Wan sent to him through the Force before heading in the opposite direction to hunt for the memorized face. He received a slight reprimand through the bond, though it was an amused one and he smirked to himself.

Using the Force to somewhat dampen the effects of the blaring music, Qui- Gon moved swiftly through the club, making his way to a frazzled bartender. Looking upwards towards the glass floors again and seeing more of a dancing girl than he preferred, he turned back to the waitress, "How do you get up to the other levels?"

"Only paid dancers aloud, you'll have to wait 'til they come down for your chance to hit on them." The waitress said hurriedly as she poured drinks at record time and brushed her hair out of her face. "They come down over there." She nodded her head towards a door opening and a performer coming through to a mob of drunken men.

He felt a bit of pity for the woman, and turned back to the waitress to thank her, only to see her retreating form

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Ooh, interesting start, I'm intrigued. Can't wait for more.

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
  4. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  5. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    All this time I didn't think anyone replied to this ( :( ) and here you find people are waiting! Sorry!!

----------------------------------------

Chapter Two : An Offer

Notes and Disclaimer in first chapters.

I'm going to hope for the best and beg the powers that be that italics worked, but if not, I hope I made it clear enough.

Production Notes 2 : You know, all of this chapter came to me in that area between just fading to sleep and still aware of what's around you. Suddenly my muse attacked my full force, giving me inspiration after a week drought for not only this story, but all of my other various works. Even the one that's just an original story. Wow. Thank you my wonderful StarWars!muse. Here's a cookie and a hug, even though you seem to be in a different time zone than me. I fell asleep to ideas (where I learned to grab the notebook beside my futon and write with my eyes closed), and woke up to ideas. Hopefully I didn't miss anything while I was sleeping, but here's what I got.

~* Chapter 2 *~

Qui-Gon Jinn, recently of the bewildered, meandered down the hallway of the small cruiser bound for Coruscant. After receiving half answers from his Padawan on why he had been acting so distant and quiet the last hours, he decided he'd go check on their charge and tell her they were approaching the planet. After informing Obi-Wan, he told her offhandedly that she was sleeping. He quirked an eyebrow and asked how he knew and Obi- Wan had just shrugged and smirked, turning his pilot's seat back to the controls.

He knocked softly on the metal door to the closet of a quarters and slowly opened the door. He sensed her sleeping form in the near pitch darkness of the room and turned on a switch. Qui-Gon stared at the young face on the sleeping couch and looked into the reflective glasses. They irked him in a way that he couldn't explain. Just the fact that he liked to be able to look into the eyes of someone he was speaking to, he supposed. That and fact that he'd never seen her without them, even in the photo they had been showed before coming to the planet.

Qui-Gon silently slipping to the bed, intending to wake her. Had it not been for his Force senses telling him she was asleep, he would have never known. He reached his hand down and inadvertently brushed his hands by the lenses of her reflective lenses and she jumped straight into a sitting position.

She hissed in a breathe and stared straight at him, "Don't. Touch. My glasses." Ryo bit out elaborately. Qui-Gon stepped back, putting his hands up in mock surrender.

"I meant nothing by it. I just came to wake you. We're approaching the planet." The Jedi Master informed her and she crossed her arms, he felt her calm down now that she was fully awake.

"Thank you." Ryo replied quietly and stood up stiffly. "Well, the sleeping arrangements leave much to be desired."

"I must agree." Qui-Gon answered companionably as he followed her out the door. He smirked at the fact that she just said the same thing Obi-Wan had mentioned on the way here a day before.

Upon reaching the cockpit, Obi-Wan advised them to strap in. Ryo watched everything with mute fascination. She had been to a lot of planets, but none that had so much life. Obi-Wan glanced at her while maneuvering and laughter danced in his eyes as he watched her look around curiously, trying not to act like she was. Setting down the shuttle gently in the Temple docking bay, he unstrapped and turned around.

"Welcome to Coruscant." Obi-Wan said with a smile and held out a hand. She smiled, for no apparent reason, she thought, and took his hand as he lead her to the ramp and walked down it with her. Qui-Gon followed with an amused look at the two and shook his head.

"We have to report to the Council immediately." Qui-Gon informed as he easily came to his apprentice's side.

"Yes, Master." Obi-Wan answered, dropping Ryo's hand and tucking himself into his robes. Ryo looked perturbed but understanding at the loss of contact.

As Ryo

6. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Great job! Post soon!

7. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Up.

Does anyone else want to read this?!

:)

8. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Great story! Post more please! ;)

9. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Lonewolf89 - Cool.

Why thank you. ;) Tell your friends.

Sith_lady17 - Great story! Post more please!

Here you go, my friend! I hope you like it and I rein in some mroe readers.

Please?

Enjoy! Au revoir 'til next time!

10. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Chapter 3 : My Only Addiction

Disclaimer in first chapter.

Production Notes : And things get better between my dynamic duo. Oh, like you didn't see this coming 400 klicks away. : ) I hope you're all enjoying this so far. And if you are. For phreg's sake, tell me so! Review buttons are not decorations!! For those of you wondering how many chapters there are... zoinks I don't know. But I'm thinking at least 4 more, but I'm just putting along.

~* Chapter 3 *~

Qui-Gon yawned loudly as he hauled his tall body through the 'fresher door towards the small kitchen of his apartment. Humming attacked his sleep clogged ears and he mentally berated himself for grilling 'be ready at any time' into Obi-Wan's head. 'Be ready at any time' turned into being an almost sadistically cheery morning person, but considering his parents background of farming, though Obi-Wan himself didn't know this, it was practically bred into him to be able to wake up at dawn bright eyed.
    "Hello, Master." Obi-Wan greeted as he continued cooking something that resembled food vaguely. Qui-Gon returned the sentiment and sat down at the small table, checking his messages.
    "Where's Ryo?" Obi-Wan asked conversationally while he took out glasses and set them on the table.
    "Still sleeping, I presume. I haven't heard from her since last night." Qui-Gon answered, sifting through messages and sighing at things that had to be done, "I might warn you, she didn't exactly take well to having to wear Jedi garb."
    "Really. I'd imagine not." Who would be at home in the loose tunics when she'd been wearing skin tight clothing for how long?
    "You should go wake her, the both of you will be off to classes in a short time." Qui-Gon instructed, glancing at the chrono.
    "Yes, Master." His Padawan replied and left the kitchen. He pulled his cloak around him and knocked on his own bedroom door, a strange event for him. He heard muffled replies come through the door and he smirked before opening the door and walking in.
    "Ryo..." He said melodiously, walking over to the shades and tore them open, the darkness fleeing the room instantly she sucked in breathe and grumbled. "Wake up." He clapped his hands in front of her face and took a small amount of pleasure in seeing her jump abruptly and her eyes fly open.
    It was then that he got the first glimpse of her actual eyes. A blinding, radiant blue stared up at him, her pupils adjusting the sudden lighting. It lasted only for seconds, but he was enraptured by it before she abruptly shut her eyes and caught him in a hold, pinning him beneath her as she grabbed for her glasses on his bedside table. She looked down at him as he stared calmly back, already missing looking into her blue depths. "What the hells do you want." She demanded lowly, and he suddenly knew exactly how she felt on the rooftop in Banis.
    "Breakfast is ready?" Obi-Wan almost asked her instead of told her, "And you're coming to classes with me, so you might want to start dressing."
    "Thank you, butler, I'll see you in a few." She answered and let him out of her grip after a prolonged look at him and he reluctantly got up and left her to change.
    "Is she coming?" Qui-Gon asked as he walked back into the kitchen in the slight daze she always left him in.
    "Of course." He answered and went back to setting things about before asking, "Do you know why she wears her glasses all the time? She had very beautiful eyes."
    "No, in fact I'd like to ask her that myself if I wasn't so terrified of her wrath." Qui-Gon joked, a flicker of a smiling danced on his mouth and eyes.
    "Tell me about it." His apprentice muttered.
    "Okay, I'm ready, can we leave now?" Ryo said quickly before disappearing from the doorway, before either of them saw her. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon stared at the empty doorway before Qui-Gon asked amused, "Don't you want something to eat?"
    "No." Came a distant reply.
    "Well, we have about 30 minutes until classes start, so what are you doing?" Obi-Wan asked, the same confused humor in his voice.
    Ryo appeared slowly

11. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh come on!

I SUCK THIS BAD?!?!

12. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    Hey, I really like this! And I'm sure that others like it too! :D
    I'm looking forward for the next post ;)

13. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    THANK YOU!!

Geez, you know, I sound really bad that I'm begging and moaning for feedback, but ya know... you spend a lot of time figuring out and writing fic and then everyone leaves it to rot.. it burns. It hits me right here. (( smacks chest ))

Thank you!

14. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I love this! They hardly ever have Obi romances, it's interesting. Post again soon!

15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
  16. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Chapter 4 : The Family Tree Has Root Rot

See Chapter 1 for disclaimer, ect.
    Chapter Production Notes: Wow, the story of Ryo Kin'Pax is finally revealed. Aren't you all freaking GIDDY. Well... all... two... of you. Damn, I wish I had more viewers.
    Future Story Note: Do any of you like the developing character Ryo? Poll that I'm too lazy to create.

~* Chapter 4 : The Family Tree Has Root Rot *~

"It's your fault."
    "No it's not."
    "Yes. It is."
    "Padawan, I realize Ryo seems to bring out the 5 year old in you, but could you please argue somewhere else?" Qui-Gon said, only a hint of amused irritation leaking into his voice. He received of muffled laugh and a 'yes, Master' for his effort. He leaned back in his chair and peered into the common room to spy on the two teenagers. Yes, spy, you old bag. When did your paternal instincts kick in?
    Ryo was nothing more than a mahogany lump on the couch, one of Obi-Wan's spare robes engulfing her, the hood pulled up to complete the 'brown lump' ensemble. Obi-Wan was just sprawled in the beaten up chair that he refused to replace, though he couldn't see what he was doing, the chair was turned away, he knew by the extensive blankets overflowing from the sides that he was pretty much buried.
    "Besides, it's his fault we have colds. Lousy son..."
    "No it's..."
    "Must I send you into a Force coma?" Qui-Gon threatened, rubbing his forehead.
    "No, Master Qui-Gon." He heard more furious whispered talking and he could only imagine what they were arguing about now. They had both trudged themselves into the apartment in the small hours of the morning when the moon's waning light was just giving way to sunlight. What he had pieced together from mumbled, embarrassed excuses is that they fell asleep on the roof. He raised his eyebrows at that one, but a quick scan told him that they were innocently talking the entire night. How endearing. He thought, This is what romance gets you. A nasty head cold.
    "I'm going to discuss... matters... with the Council. If I hear one iota of disturbance from either of you, I'm going to send you both the Kenobi Ward and make you sit there until you're the epitome of health. Understood?"
    "Yes, Master." Obi-Wan mumbled from beneath his drapery and a similar answer was received from the brown rock on the couch. 'Matters' with the Council translated into 'I'm going to discuss Ryo'. You'd think he'd be able to think of a better excuse... must be one of those 'Jedi' lying ethics.Ryo thought with a wicked smile.
    "Don't insult the Jedi ethics, now." Obi-Wan grumbled.
    "Shut up."
    "You shut... no! I'm not acting like this!" He coughed and groaned. Broken bones, bloody limbs, he could handle. But something as hindering and more obnoxious than anything as a head cold he couldn't take.
    "Same way here." Ryo agreed. He narrowed his eyes, but decided not to even go into the whole 'thought hearing' thing with bloated sinuses.
    "We've got some time to spend."
    "So we do."
    "Want to talk some more?" Obi-Wan cracked and then thought of something. Through everything they'd talked of last night, or morning if you were picky, she'd never even danced near the subject of her family. All he knew was that they were a somewhat important family and she certainly didn't like to be asked about it or called 'Lady'. "Ryo?"
    "Hmm?"
    "What was your family like?"
    "I... It's a touchy subject." Ryo let out a long breathe and adjusted her various layers of cloth, "I told you it's a long story, too."
    "You'll have to tell me some time." Obi-Wan pointed out, poking his head from under the blankets and sending his hair spiking everywhere. "It's just... I never had a family... besides the Temple."
    "Sometimes I wish I were that lucky." Ryo laid down and curled into his robe and inhaled the scent and Force signature of the robe. "Are you sure you want to know? It's dark and dreary."
    "If you're up to it."
    "Better now than never. Okay... where to begin... The beginning, ah yes. My father was Lord Kin'Pax on the planet Sarinx V. Father m

17. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Hehehe, wonderful job. Poor Ryo. She and Obi-Wan are definitely a perfect match! I can't wait for more, post soon.

18. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    Great post! I absolutely love this story! And I don't think you need to change some things, it's just perfect! Post soon please! ;)

19. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Thanks for the wonderful feedback Sith_lady17 and Lonewolf89!

You're too kind.

I'm working on the next chapter as we speak.

20. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
  21. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    Up this story is so good!!!

22. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Oh, I'm so happy! Another reader has been snagged. *cha ching*

Well, I suppose you're all waiting for a post... well geez, I better whip myself back into writing.

23. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Chapter 5 : So Kiss Me And Smile For Me...
    Disclaimer in Chapter 1.
    Production Notes 5 : None. Yeah, this'll be WAY short since it's 11 and I'm currently being flogged to get off the computer. I decided to try a hand at a POV chapter. Tell me if you want to beat me to death with a bamboo pole after reading it, kay?
    ----------------------------------------
    Chapter 4 : So Kiss Me And Smile For Me...

Ryo POV

You know, it really is quite an odd but welcome sensation waking up to a breathing electric blanket in the morning. It ranks up there with one of the most pleasurable experiences in my life. And that's a pretty big statement considering I was royalty until I was 17. Oh, how quickly things seem to go straight to hell in a hand basket...
    Sometimes I really wonder why I'm really getting put through all this. Trust me, I've had some serious time to wonder when I've spent the last 3 years jetting from one system to the next. All the Padawans I've met that taught me a few handy tricks were always going on about 'the will of the Force'. So is that why I'm here? Is that why I was forced through all this? If this 'Force' was a person, they'd have a hefty bounty on their head, I assure you. Sometimes I think that I'm sticking around not because of the almighty will, but just to see what the hell happens next.
    After the first few awkward days of trekking around with my little own personal savior, I was assigned my own classes based on a test that I took in front of the Council. On a personal note, they really need to figure out a better way to give exams. Nothing makes you crack under the pressure more than 12 Masters mapping and recording your every shift in weight. After that, they were fairly impressed with my knowledge (what did they expect, some air headed royalty stereotype?) and they put in my in some decent classes. When I first got here, I'd have never imagined it, but I miss being Obi-Wan's magnetic friend that seems to be sucked towards him. Honestly, I feel like a 15 year old with a crush on the biggest jock in school. Fortunately, though he is obsessed with keeping his lightsaber skills up, and beyond, par, I'm not complaining to tagging along and watching him do all those thrust, parry, thrust exercises. Damn it! You see, this is what I'm talking about. If only some of my past friends could see me now, gushing over some guy, just like I swore I'd stun myself with a blaster if I ever did.
    You'd think that the Council would have something better to do than meddle with people's lives, but what with sitting up in their crystal tower of glamour, I'm presuming they got a little bored one particular day a few weeks after I arrived here. To elaborate on this situation, they were like the collective protective mothers, fathers, uncles, aunts, and grandparents of both of us and proceeded to interrogate us as to what we felt about each other. The green troll particularly freaked me out towards the end when he proclaimed that we were 'life bonded'. Obi-Wan seemed non-plussed by this. Something we weren't sharing with the class, young man? And that's just the condensed version of that entire little episode. I could feel Obi-Wan fluctuating between extreme annoyance, apprehension, and nervousness the entire time. I was about to hit him by the end of that two hour session of touch and go questions, as he was giving me the worst headache. They'd ask a few, pause and stare at you for minutes on end. It seemed that Obi-Wan liked it better when they were just staring, though. At least one of us is used to sitting up here in their little golden tower. I had a feeling that the Council was looking forward to making this one into their 'golden boy' of the Jedi. And if I'm not mistaken from the few girls I've met around the Temple (that is, the ones who haven't given me looks of death from across the room when I snuggle up to him), he's already made himself into the golden boy all by himself. If it were possible, I'd gush more, but I'm afraid my poor, over charged heart might just burst with whol

24. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Something bad's going to happen, right? Post soon!

25. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    I'll never tell. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.