Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, there's a surprise. A little girl adores Obi! That would be different for him to take a girl this time. I'd go for that!

Shai is something, isn't he. I think he's in denial over a few things, but I'll wait and see what you have in store.

I just realized I got the 100th post! Yeah! :D

--later--
  2. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Padawan_Travina Jedi Master

star 4
    I KNEW IT!!!

Obi is gonna get another Padawan..Obi is gonna get another Padawan...hehehehehe!!

And a girl this time...WHOO!!! About time us women get a chance..;)

Wonder how the "brother's" are gonna take having a little "sister" around...HEHEHE

Good Job OE...cant wait to read more

PT
  4. astroanna Force Ghost

star 4
    Great job, obi-ew!! :)

I loved the interplay between Obi and Ani, it was so sweet...

And I can't help but think, like some other people do, that Obi is going to take this adorable, brown-haired initiate as his padawan...

(As a brown-haired, brown-eyed girl myself, I loved your description! 8-})

And also, I think there may be some reason why Anakin feels so strongly connected to Shai, and I think it has something to do with Obi, or at least his similarity to Obi...

Though I don't think there's any familial relationship...

OK, I'm going to stop rambling now and say good work!! :D
  5. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    too cute. especially the little girl :)

"Cute." Obi-Wan mused, tilting his head to the side. "He seems familiar somehow." You aren't going to go RRK on us and make us wait an eternity for an hint? yeah, you might 8-}
  6. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    I loved how you replayed Ji's Knighting ceremony from Dreams from a different POV.

It looks like Shai can feel a pull towards Anakin just like Anakin feels towards him but he doesn't seem to thrilled with the idea. The little girl was a delightful surprise. If Obi-Wan chooses her as a padawan I think that little girl will rock that male-dominated family right off its axis. Of course, being the youngest child myself with two older brothers, I can only imagine the grief Anakin, Des and Ji will give her. This should be very interesting. :)
  7. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwwww! The li'l girl munchkin is so cute! She likes Obi! (who doesn't? 8-})

Sheila: If Obi-Wan chooses her as a padawan I think that little girl will rock that male-dominated family right off its axis. [face_laugh] I agree!
  8. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Cute." Obi-Wan mused, tilting his head to the side. "He seems familiar somehow."

hehehe ::gloats:: Of course, if I'm wrong, I'll feel pretty stupid :) A girl? Wooooooo!!!!!! I can see it now--cute girl gets attention from all the guys, who run away as soon as they see two padawan brothers and one dashing half-brother of sorts ( [face_love] ) standing behind the cute girl, arms crossed, angry faces, ready to protect their baby sister's honor [face_laugh] And then cute girl wheels around and tells her brothers where they can shove their lightsabers [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Although, she has to be careful just which girls are her true friends, because let's be honest, she would have some niiiiice brothers (DES!!!), and potential friends would be lined up around the Temple [face_mischief]
  9. VadeyFan2002 Force Ghost

star 4
    obi_ew, don't you sometimes get the feeling that your readers write your story with all those assumptions?
    I know I'm guiltiy at that too from time to time. But it is so much fun. ;)

[face_love] Vadey
  10. Aquas_Knight Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi again . Excellent start. It will interesting to see if Shai will accept to be Anakins padawan.
  11. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Shaindl Maybe a little padalass in Obi's future? :)

DL6669 100? Already? Yahoo! :D You should get some reward for that!

dp :) Thanks!

PT Lucky little girl if true! :D

astro Hum. I'm not sure what the draw is. [face_devil]

PK An eternity? Naw! Just forever! ;)

Sheila She would have an interesting upbringing! [face_laugh]

HHP I do! [face_love]

JadeSolo My! Des certainly made an impression on you didn't he? :D Have to work him in this fic more!

Vadey Shush! You guys give me excellent ideas! I love it! :)

Aquas I was wondering if you were still alive and kicking! I'm so thrilled to see you! :) * wanders off smiling *

Probably have another posty up Friday! :)
  12. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
  13. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was adorable. Poor Shai - can't seem to accept that someone might want him as a Padawan. And Obi-Wan thinking about a new Padawan...shouldn't he take a vacation first? Raising those two was hard enough. A girl should give him lots of grey hair...and a new perspective on life. I can just picture him talking to her about boys and "girl stuff"...LOL.
  14. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    froggy :)

diane You would think he would crave a break wouldn't you? Course maybe training a girl is just what he needs. Peace and quiet and gentleness? [face_love]

CHAPTER NINE

Anakin entered the Gardens and slowly made his way toward the spot where he knew he would find Master Yoda. Slanted feline eyes, watched his approach, the pointed ears lifting in welcome.

"Questions you have young Skywalker?" The Jedi Master asked, leaning on his stick.

Settling on his knees, Anakin nodded. "I met an initiate the other day who I seem to be drawn to. I spoke to his instructor and learned that he is almost thirteen and may have sabotaged his chances in the past of being chosen. Knight Tab suggested that I speak to you about the boy?s past."

Yoda blinked slowly as he finished speaking. "Young Shai you speak of."

"Yes Master Yoda."

Sighing, the Jedi Master poked at the ground. "Came to us when he was three, he did. His adoptive parents found raising a Force sensitive child too difficult, as do many."

"Do you know anything about his birth parents?" Anakin asked curiously.

Something that was difficult to define, moved through Yoda?s eyes before he replied. "From Telos were his adoptive parents. Refused they did to speak of the boy?s birth parents."

"Telos." Anakin murmured in surprise.

"Like the still waters of a pond, young Shai is. Quiet and deep, difficult to grasp a hold of. If chosen, patience the master must have." Yoda said in warning.

"We have nothing in common." Anakin admitted, his face flushing underneath his tan. "He doesn?t seem to be very impressed with me already."

Laughter lit up Yoda?s eyes. "Difficult for you to accept that is hum? Always have you been the center of attention."

Anakin shot him a wounded look. "That?s not true!"

"Adored by your mother, championed by Qui-Gon." Yoda gently reminded him. "Cherished by Obi-Wan and worshipped by Jivan. This boy will not be so easy to please. Test you he will."

Troubled blue eyes met his. "And what if I choose him, only to find out later on that I can?t handle him?"

"Natural it is to have doubts, to falter. Makes you a better mentor if question yourself you can." Yoda assured him.

Anakin sighed deeply, his broad shoulders slumping. "I don?t agree with the Council?s decision. I?m not Obi-Wan, I don?t have the instinctive gift he has."

The wizened Jedi began to chuckle at his words. "Question himself often did your Master, with you and Jivan. Came to me on numerous occasions he did. Go to him you now will, when troubled and unsure you are. That is the way it has been for ages."

Biting his bottom lip in indecision, Anakin finally nodded. "Thank you for your counsel Master Yoda."

The Jedi Master reached over and placed a clawed hand on Anakin?s shoulder. "Believe in you the Council does. If we didn?t, turn over an impressionable child to you we would not."

Emboldened by the words of confidence, Anakin smiled gratefully, his thoughts already racing ahead to the sabre exhibition. Bowing , he hurried from the Gardens, missing the troubled look that settled over Yoda?s lined face.

15. VadeyFan2002 Force Ghost

star 4
    His adoptive parents?
    To whom did Xan gave his Obitot?
    Or has he adopted Shai himself in his disguise? But why would he give him to the tempel?

I'm confused here.

Well, what to do else than to wait for following posts?

[face_love] Vadey
  16. clumsy527 Jedi Knight

Well, i've been lurking for awhile now and decided to pop in and say hi. I love this story so far! It's really good. But I didn't like that troubled look on Yoda's face.
  17. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the one Anakin should be asking questions of is Xan...since the kid is from Telos and all...

When is Xan gonna see this kid?

Great post OE!

~Bek
  18. Aquas_Knight Jedi Knight

star 2
    Telos hmm ;)
    well Someone needs to take Anakin down to earth or in theis case Coruscant. I do like Shai and the girl on the balcony. Was it Hale or?
  19. Lurkalidth Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oooh-oooh; you're wicked clever, 'Ew! So, um, the prologue about the unwanted child (who feels rejected all the time by the folks around him) is Shai, eh? Ironic; even Obi's ?clone has to feel rejected and put down. :[face_sigh]:

I love your stories; sorry I lurk too much and don't proffer the laud that your writing merits. a/k/a Great job with this! :D
  20. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I liked that conversation with Yoda. Pointing out the differences between the Anakin of AOTC and this one...

And Shai is from Telos...doesn't mean that he's related to Xanatos...could be a normal run-of-the-mill Force sensitive child....oh, right!!

Looking forward to more
  21. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked Anakin's conversation with Yoda but Yoda's responses make me wonder if he knows more about Shai than he is saying. ?[face_plain]

22. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah, like the troll is going to say,

obitot he is. clone of your master. master your master you will hmmm? afraid you will be. yes. very afraid.
  23. Padawan_Travina Jedi Master

star 4
    Um..why does this post have me worried..Am I the only one who caught that last line about Yoda being worried..

Um..confused here..if the Council has such faith why is he worried..and who were Shai's parents..?

What a tail you are weaving my friend..and you call me evil...sigh..

Please update again soon..:)

PT
  24. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    everything does suggest an obiclone as opposed to an obitot
  25. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    first of all: PaddyJuan-- [face_laugh]

hey, maybe we're all wrong about the kid having anything to do with Obi-Wan...naaahhhhh :D What if Shai really is an Obitot? Can you imagine the meeting between the clone and the source? "Hi, I'm you." "But I thought I was you." "No, you're me." "Oh, I get it. We're us." "Yeah, and we're both pretty cute."

I bet it was Hale on the balcony. "There's Master Obi-Wan! And he's even better-looking in person! He's so--hey, who's that dark, dashing man next to Knight Skywalker?" [face_love]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.