main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww the story is almost over, please tell us you will write a squeal, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I to think des and nell together would be cute and sweet and hail and obiwan i would love of course, as for everyone else i'm loving them too......

2. Skystrider77

Skystrider77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 6, 2003
    ya with ji's padawan....or DES hehe

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    or DES hehe

YES to DES :D

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Ji and Des would be cute with padawans...

5. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Neill isn't gonna be in trouble!! Yay! :D

6. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Late again. *sighs* At least there's a new post waiting!

Ch78:Thanks for the sugar-shock o-e! As soon as I quit twitching, I'll reply!

*about 5 hours go by....*

Ok, I'm back. That was very nice. The healing begins, and it seems like all will be fine.

I hope that you are feeling better. I know what it's like to constantly be down (mine's the beginning of arthritis in both legs :( ) I've got more healing energies coming to you, I hope it's helping somewhat!

--later--

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    dp ;)

Vadey It ends today. :(

Jade Sorry I didn't have time to get your treat ready. :(

Thalia I had to toss the fishies in one last time! :D

PK Find out today about Hale.

diane It was all Sheila's. :)

Skystrider Niell is around 29. Des is just a big ole cupcake! [face_love]

Phoenix Find out today. ;)

Sheila Thanks! [face_blush] I'll miss the family too.

JTJG Sequel? Possibly! :D

Skystrider Poor Des can't have an apprentice. :(

Jade ;)

JTJG Ji may have his own in the future. :D

HHP :D Hanging around Des he might! [face_laugh]

DL That was a long case of sugar shock! :p

Posty up soon. Making sure I'm happy with it. :_|

8. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wait! I'm here! Don't end without me! :D

Loving all the mush, OE! You know me with this stuff... :D

Glad that everyone's safe and taken care of. [face_suspicious] You wouldn't bring back Khalid or Lilith just to wreck it, would you? [/face_suspicious] :p

Marvelous job, dear! Can't wait for the next installment of the series... (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Shaindl

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl I owe you so much! You gave me such wonderful ideas with this one and kept me sane when I realized how I goofed on numerous occasions! Hope I can return the favor in the future. Thanks and hugs! [face_love]

All my readers Can ya believe we've finished another one? :eek: You guys have been so great and embraced my little family from the beginning. It has meant alot and I hope you all know how much I treasure each and everyone of you. :) I'm already kicking around an idea for yet another follow up. It would take place about five years down the road, imagine an 18 year old Shai! ;) We'll see what happens. Until then I'll see some of you on Lying . [face_love]

EPILOGUE

I want to feel like I?m
    Somewhere I Belong

by Linkin Park

The infectious sound of laughter rang out, startling a flock of brightly colored birds and sending them scattering to safety in another part of the Gardens. Their outraged squawks went un-noticed by the group gathered nearby to celebrate an important Birthday.

The adults sat on benches around the three children who were occupied by unwrapping the small pile of gifts collected on the grass. Desimir and Niell conversed quietly with Master Luminara and Bant about their upcoming trip to Agri-Corps, Desimir?s gaze traveling often to study the two people who sat nearby, their heads close together as they whispered to one another. Bant and Luminara fought back grins at the bemused expression that settled over Desimir?s handsome features the longer he watched.

Xanatos and Lady Asha had at some point and without the knowledge of any of the men, resumed their long ago relationship. The once fallen Jedi was even moving out of the Temple in order to take up residence with the still lovely politician. While Jivan was happy for his father, Desimir seemed to find the idea of his parents together difficult to swallow.

Lady Asha took that exact moment to giggle like a young girl at something Xanatos whispered in her ear. Flushing bright red, Desimir shuddered before focusing his attention on the three men who sat watching the children with indulgent expressions on their faces.

Obi-Wan, Anakin and Jivan sat together on a bench, their gazes fixed on Shai?s beeming face as he exclaimed in delight over each gift. Noa and Hale huddled over his shoulders, passing the gifts between them to examine.

As he watched them, Obi-Wan smiled faintly as he remembered his padawans at that young age. It was hard to believe that the two massive men who sat beside him had actually once been that small and innocent. When Shai glanced up and briefly met his gaze, Obi-Wan felt his heart nearly burst with emotion.

Perhaps sensing his emotional state, Hale?s head snapped up, her warm brown eyes settling on him worriedly.

{ Master?}

{ I?m fine Padawan, merely feeling sentimental} he assured her through their newly formed bond.

She seemed to study him intently for several more seconds before smiling and returning to her conversation with Noa. Shaking his head, Obi-Wan had to wonder yet again what had possessed him to take another apprentice at his age, and a female on top of it.

?You have one last gift Padawan,? Anakin informed his apprentice. ?It?s a special gift that Master Obi-Wan and I discussed long and hard."

Gray eyes wide with excitement, Shai hurried forward to accept the brightly wrapped package his mentor held out to him. Kneeling down directly in front of them, he quickly tore the box open and smiled in confusion as he held up what was inside.

?A new datapad. Thank you, but my other one is still like new,? he commented hesitantly.

The three Jedi exchanged knowing grins.

?The actual gift is what?s on the datapad Shai,? Obi-Wan informed him gently.

Grinning in embarrassment, the boy switched the equipment on and studied what was displayed. When he remained silent, seemingly frozen in place, they exchanged glances tinged with worry and disappointment. After what Desimir had told them about

10. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT!

Oh, I love what you added! It rounded everything off so well!

And made me sniffle at work yet again! :mad: :p

Hugs back - I don't know what I'd do without you! You're one of the sweetest people here and such a good friend. Thanks for letting me share your ride - I'm glad I could help shoulder the load a couple of times.

Cheers on another wonderful story, but more importantly, to an even more wonderful woman. :)

Shaindl

11. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Shai at 18? prefect...but I think I'd rather have Jiv'...

oh well, like I'd ever get either.

Another one o-e? Your ambitious...and I can't wait!

Prefect ending o-e...(what can I say, I'm a sucker for happy endings)

12. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Thank you oe for another wonderful story. We all delighted in it and knowing that this isn't the last we hear from that family is an even greater delight as it eases the parting with this.

And thanks for makeing it padawan Hale and Shai Kenobi, too. It makes a very happy ending.

[face_love] Vadey

13. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    That was great OE! I'm sad to see this one end. I look forward to your posts.

One thing, will we get to see a snippet of Jivan and Des versus Anakin in a no holds bar lightsaber duel?

Just wondering...anything to get you writing these guys again. Although, it was hinted at during Shai's dinner when he became Anakin's Padawan.

~Bek

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Dag nab it Bekah! :mad: I'd put that out of my head and you had to remind me of it! :p I guess it could make a nice little one poster hum? ;)

15. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Great ending! But I don't get something. Did Obi adopt Shai or is Shai his padawan and not Ani's now? I know Hale is Obi's padawan, but he said Padawan Shai Kenobi. Did he just get the last name? Too many questions for a great ending!

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Sorry to confuzzle you dp. ;) Anakin and Obi-Wan just agreed that Shai should have Obi-Wan's last name since they are more or less related and Shai was obviously troubled by not having one. :)

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was very sweet and so satisfying - everything neatly sewn up!! Great job!!!

18. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    I had to surreptitiously read this at work so my boss wouldn't find out that I wasn't doing my work, and he didn't, hehehe, I'm so smooth...

Xanatos and Lady Asha--awwwwww!

Hale-- [face_laugh] I can't wait to see her when she's older! And Shai, 18 years old? *pictures Obi-Wan at 18* Oh, that's terrible! Here we are, saying how adorable and cute and sweet he is, loving him like a son, even though soon enough we'll all probably be thinking, "Dude, he's hot!!"

No birthday treat? :( :_| That's okay. I'm more or less already Mrs. Desimir deCrion--that's enough for me :)

And thank you, Birdie and OE, for the birthday well-wishes--it was a GOOD day! The big 2-0...UGH! I feel so OLD! :p

19. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Beautiful. I can't wait for the 18-year-old Shai and teenage Hale.

20. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    20? Dude- you're acient!!! Thats close to drinkin age which is a 3/4s from death!

JOKING

21. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I get to join OE in the old folks' home--she's even more ancient than I am, you know :D YIKES! *runs to avoid getting run over by OE's old-lady walker* "Eh! Those kids! Durn that rock 'n' roll!"

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Happy B-day Jade from one oldie to another ;)

A very sweet ending. And it seems that Hale already has her older brothers wrapped around her cute little finger :)

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    hey! :mad: How many old grannies you know rock out to Linkin Park!? I may be older , but I'm still :cool: * wanders off mumbling about disrespectful little tadpoles*

24. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    That's the end? **sniffles** I hope you write that sequel! I want more Shai! **grins** And Niell, of course.

You finally made Hale Obi's Padawan? How sweet! I just wish that we'd been able to read all about that scene. I bet it was cute!

**cheers** Shai got a last name! YEA! The poor kid... Well, he finally got what he deseves. **grins** In a good way!

See you at Lying! One of these days I'm going to tackle Under a Sky of Dust, I actually started it once, but **sighs**, I don't currently have the open week it'd take me to read it!

25. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Thalia-make the effort! It's good

*Offers Jade chocolate chocolate chip cookies as an appologie*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.