main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Grunting from the impact of a wall of muscle driven into his gut, Anakin stumbled backwards and landed flat on his back. Wide eyed and stunned, he was drug to his knees a fist smashing into his eye with brutal efficiency. Howling in pain, he was slow to react when hands fisted in his long blond hair, pulling his face down to meet an upcoming knee.

The force of the blow to his face sent him crashing to the floor, his back connecting with the unforgiving concrete. Moaning pitifully, his hands cupping a bleeding nose, he glared up at Desimir who stood grinning down at him.

?One of these days you?re going to learn how to play fair Skywalker,? his friend chided him.

Jivan dropped down next to his padawan brother, the concern that gleamed in his sapphire eyes, belied by the huge smile he wore.

?You okay Ani?? he asked, nearly choking on his laughter.

?Get away from me!? Anakin growled as he forced himself to his feet, grabbed his robe and strode from the building.

The two brothers exchanged jubilant looks as they hurried outside to where he was climbing into the speeder.

?Can we get a lift back to the Temple?? Jivan inquired innocently.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] OMG!!!!!!! THAT WAS SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JI EXPECTS TO GET A RIDE BACK AFTER WHAT THEY DID?! HAHAHAHA!!!!! YEAH RIGHT!!!!! BUT MAN THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!!

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Aborable. And poor Ani got pummeled. Well, I'm sure he'll be out for revenge...errr..payback, yeah, payback.

Feel bad for young Shai. Hope he can go to Obi-Wan for advice on reeling in his Master!!!

3. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    You do have a thing for fist fights don't you oe?! :D

Loved it and I am all for more scenes with this clan. :)

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Not Again Master! [face_laugh]

5. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] Loved it!

Shai would give him one of those looks from his big gray eyes, his youthful face creased into lines of frustration. Pulling into the Temple's docking bay, Anakin could already hear Shai's voice ringing in his ears.

{ Not again Master! }

That was perfect! :D

6. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    Great ending to a fantastic story, obi-ew!

:)

I love that Shai got a last name, and Kenobi is the perfect one!

I loved the fight scene, too, I can just picture Anakin coming back to the temple and Shai giving him that "not again" look...

[face_laugh]

I loved it!

Great work obi-ew, I hate to see this one end, but I'm sure I'll be reading more from you in the future! :)

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl We'll see what happens. ;)

Phoenix Des couldn't resist teaching Ani a lesson! :D

Bekah You may hear from them in the not too distant future. ;)

Thalia Dust actually is a few chapters shorter than this one. :eek:

Jade Update Lying daily? [face_laugh]

Vadey Shai has his hands full! :D

dp Glad you enjoyed! :)

diane Poor Ani indeed! :p

Sheila I seem to! :p

PK ;)

HHP Thank you! :)

astro I hope I'll be around! :D

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I've been doing a little scribbling and thought I'd put this out and see what type of feedback I could get on it. ;)

Toned leg muscles stretched and flexed as the lone figure on the balcony gracefully glided through the intricate steps of a kata. The ascending suns rays lovingly caressed muscled lightly tanned skin, highlighting the waves of soft reddish gold hair that capped the individual?s head, falling to brush just below the collar of his sleeveless shirt.

As his movements brought him around to face out over the city, the owner of the binoculars that were trained on him from the building across the plaza, had a clear unobstructed view of his features.

Exquisite!

The voyeur drew in a sharp breath as they eagerly drank in the sight before them. Smooth tanned skin stretched tautly over high cheekbones, and a cleft chin. His lips were slightly parted as he concentrated on his next move, long reddish gold lashes lowered to conceal his eyes.

Those lashes suddenly lifted to reveal a pair of large bright gray eyes that gleamed with what appeared to be laughter. His captivated audience stumbled backwards when they realized that his gaze was focused directly on them. There was a sudden flurry of movement right before the curtain snapped shut.

Chuckling softly, the young man drew in a deep cleansing breath as he brought the complex exercise to a final close. The shrill sound of his door chime intruded on the peaceful moment, a casual wave of his hand admitting the person on the other side.

As he moved back into the living area, he found a young technician standing anxiously in the doorway, his gaze sweeping the room. A relived smile spilt the new arrival's face when he finally noticed the young man.

?Thank goodness you?re still here! They?re at it again and we were hoping you would come down and break it up,? he informed the young Jedi.

Sighing wearily, the young man grabbed his tunic from the back of a chair and nodded.

?What set them off this time?? he asked in a slightly exasperated tone.

The technician grinned and shrugged. ?We didn?t even bother asking. We really appreciate this Padawan Kenobi. It?s difficult for us to interfere when we?re dealing with a Jedi Master and our boss.?

Tossing him an understanding look, Shai clipped his lightsabre to his belt and followed the man out of the room. Anakin and Desimir were embroiled in yet another altercation that he would have to end.

9. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky. Lovely little teaser. Is this what I think it is? PM me and let me know. The suspense will hurt. :D

Shaindl

10. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Anakin can be happy that the Kenobi's are that loyal, otherwise Shai might have long since asked for a (new) Master.
    (new) as we can debate if Anakin is Shai's master or if it's more the other way around.

[face_love] Vadey

11. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    You cast your line, and now you've got us biting hook, line, and sinker.

You do know that we want more now, right? :)

Wonderful image of Shai, in appearance, he's Obi over again, inside though, he's his own person. I can't wait to see where you take this.

?What set them off this time?? he asked in a slightly exasperated tone.

Tossing him an understanding look, Shai clipped his lightsabre to his belt and followed the man out of the room. Anakin and Desimir were embroiled in yet another altercation that he would have to end.

LMAO! [face_laugh]

Keep 'em coming OE!

~Bek

12. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

GOOD LORD YOU SHOULD WRITE STORIES ABOUT ANI AND DES GETTING IN FIST FIGHTS!!!!! THEY'D BE GREAT HUMOR STORIES!!!!!!!!!!! AND SHAI AND OBI TAKING CARE OF ANI!!!!!!!!!! [face_love] ***drools***

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That teaser was very funny. Poor Shai. Will he ever have a normal Master? Not in your AU...LOL.

Looking forward to more....

14. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Part of the next fic? When do we get the rest?

What will the title be?

15. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    You shouldn't tease your readers oe, you'll only have us clamoring for more, more, more! :D I would love to see a story with an older Shai and the rest of the clan. :)

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    LMAO!!! [face_laugh] Oh Des, you bad boy [face_love]

You make Shai sound...nice [face_mischief] Ack!! I told you this would happen! Hmm, who's the peeper? A girl? :D

[Jedi Mind Trick] You will finish what you have just started. [/Jedi Mind Trick]

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Admit it Jade- that was you looking thru the binocs 8-}

18. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Moi? [face_blush] I thought it was Obi-Wan

19. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Ahhh! I am so late! And you put up a couple extras? Can't wait to read them! Unfortunatly, I have to wait til after work. :(

But, this is my reaction to the epilogue.

*is on the floor, twitching madly. 8 hours later....*

I can't handle all this sugar! It's just too much!

Lovely ending though, and pay no mind to my ranting up there. Though it does make me sad to see it end, I'm glad that you may have more coming. Shai at 18, and then Ji would be ready to take on a padawan of his own, right? And with you writing it, I have no doubt that it will be just as amazing as everything else you have written. Do you know which song you would be basing it around yet?

In any case, I'll see you on Lying!

--later--

20. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Prehaps it's one of the cloners...

who ever it was had a good idea.

21. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Took me a little bit to realize tha tthat was Shai and not Obi! **grins, then glares** You are going to write this story, right? You can't just etend a piece of candy, and then take it away! **puppy eyes** Never mind. That never works for me anyway! You all know me too well. **yanks out cleaver instead** Can I help break them up? Maybe if I make more trouble, Shai will have to move faster and the next part will come out faster! **realizes she's getting weird stares** Um...

Well, I'm gonna be gone for the weekend, so I'll talk to you all on Sunday!

22. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    who ever it was had a good idea [face_laugh] Birdy, you really crack me up!

Cleaver? :eek: Okay, but leave my baby intact :) *remembers some naughty comments from celebrating roommate's birthday yesterday...remembers the "decorations"...*

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thrilled you guys enjoyed the little teaser! I am working on a follow up story. Shaindl has suggested a very angsty plot, I just need to create a bad guy and figure out how I plan to end the fic, then I can begin to write! I'll keep you all posted.

Wanted to take a minute to give all of you a great big hug and my heartfelt thanks for taking the time to vote for the boys at the OC Awards . They were given out today and I was thrilled and blushing from the results! [face_blush] You guys make posting such a joy for me and I truly treasure each and everyone of you. Here are all of the results. As you can see, Cyn, Shaindl and froggy all won also! :D Thanks again for being such wonderful readers and friends!

Best Female OC: :)

Healer Mirilent Soljan in Freeze Frames by Cynical21.

First runner up:

Siri T'naa'lichi in Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal! by NarundiJedi

Best Male OC:

Jivan from Somewhere I Belong by obi_ew

First Runner-Up:

Shai from Somewhere I Belong by obi_ew

Best OC Pair

Brodeus Narundi and Siri T'naa'lichi from Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal by NarundiJedi

First Runner Up:

Knight Meri Irhanah/Master Alex Arieh from That Which Is Remembered by JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Best Force-Sensitive OC:

Shai from Somewhere I Belong by obi_ew

First Runner Up:

Brodeus Narundi in Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal! by NarundiJedi

Best Non-Force-Sensitive OC: :D

Ria from The Roads We Travel Shatter and Split by Shaindl

First Runner-Up:

Christen Bacherr from Juliene by LianaMara and Alion_Sangre

Best OC in a Supporting Role: [face_love]

Videira the vine in The Panther?s Cub by PaddyJuan

First Runners-Up (Tie):

Desimir deCrion from Somewhere I Belong by obi-ew

R'aa'nlan "Gramps" T'naa'lichi in Down the Sn'aala Hole We Go by NarundiJedi

Best OC in a Main Role

Jivan from Somewhere I Belong by obi_ew

First Runner-Up:

Brodeus Narundi from Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal by NarundiJedi

Best OC in a Villain Role: :)

Choss from The Roads We Travel Shatter and Split by Shaindl

First Runners-Up (Tie)

Loh'a Hjjian from [ Leave the Light On by The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

Xcelcior Melgrot from The Legend of Black Saber by tatooinewizard

Best Original Character Story

The Legend of Black Saber by tatooinewizard

Best Hybrid Story

Somewhere I Belong by obi_ew

Three-way tie for First Runner Up:

Attention Moron: Your Pal is Stealing Your Gal! by NarundiJedi

resurgence of chaos by Cam_Mulonus

Revelation by Jedi-Princess-Solo

Best OC Author

NarundiJedi
    For Worst. Roommate. Ever

First Runner Up:

Tatooinewizard
    For The Legend of Black Saber

24. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    WOW!! Congratulations, OE! More incentive to write another story :) Plus, I'm sure I can put together some "special posts" to go along with it :D

25. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Yay 0E!!!

Congrats!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.