main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    *suddenly full of energy, DL runs in throwing confetti!*

CONGRATULATIONS! You definatly deserve every award you got!

Alright, now I can catch up on all those little extras you've thrown out the last few days!

The Fight: Did you really have to beat Ani up that bad? Though I guess that does go to show that cheaters never win. That was nicely done!

Teaser: They will never stop, will they? [face_laugh] But I'm concerned by whoever it was watching Shai practicing. Just let me know when it's up, and I'll be there!

--later--

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Even though he didn't win, Des is still so thrilled with his award!

[image=http://deppimpact.0catch.com/jdpics/jd95.jpg]

But in our hearts, Des and Ji will always be #1 [face_love]

[image=http://deppimpact.0catch.com/pirates/pirates123.jpg]

Obi-Wan, taking a quick rest before chasing after Hale yet again :)

[image=http://www.bestofewan.com/pics/BoEM_031.jpg]

And of course, we can't forget the star, Shai [face_love] (okay, maybe in a few years he'll look like this, but I couldn't for the life of me find this ADORABLE picture I once saw of Ewan as a little boy)

[image=http://www.bestofewan.com/pics/BoEM_029.jpg]

And someday, he'll look like this! (note the pendant ;) )

[image=http://www.bestofewan.com/pics/BoEM_119.jpg]

Plenty more where those came from--all we need is a story to go with them ;)

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm suddenly feeling mighty inspired! [face_love] Poor Des! He looks so confuzzled about the whole thing! :p And that second to the last one could be an 18 year old Shai. ;) * wanders off grinning*

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Congratulations on all of the well-deserved awards you won today oe. Your OC's are the best and I am so glad you are planning another wonderful story for them. :)

5. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Yes,mamy mamy congrats on All the awards you got. They are all well deserved and Des only was first runner up cause to Froggies vine. Who ever heard of a plant winning a character award, one must have voted for her alone for that reason.

[face_love] Vadey

6. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks again for being such wonderful readers and friends. :) Vadey I was thrilled to see you and Diane attend! I had fun since it was done so originally! I haven't said anything but I go in for minor surgery Monday and have been a nervous wreck about it! Sheila wrote me this wonderful little gift to help distract me and I want her to share it with all of you. I think you will enjoy it as much as me. :) She will have it up soon I hope and I want to give her another warm hug for being so sweet. [face_love]

7. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    As oe said, I wrote this little piece as a present to her and to distract her from her upcoming surgery. I hope that you all enjoy it and please keep Maria in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow, she is one of the kindest and sweetest people on these boards. [face_love]

Please forgive any errors, I use these wonderful award winning :D characters with oe's permission. :)

Maria laid in the hospital room hating every minute of the experience. She hated the antiseptic smell. She hated the monitors strapped to her body. She hated the IV line that kept getting snagged on the railing of the bed. She hated the flimsy gown with the opening in the back. She hated the constant announcements over the speaker system. She hated the oh so professional doctors and nurses who came in to attach this or check that without more than a curt ?good morning? directed at her. Above all else, she hated feeling so helpless.

She knew the operation was a standard procedure and she had little to worry about, or that was what the pompous doctor had told her when he scheduled her for the surgery. Of course, he wouldn?t be the one lying there getting his gall bladder removed, so easy for him to say.

Just as Maria was about to jab the call button to summon a nurse so she could demand to know what in the hell was taking so long, the door to her room opened. In strode yet another doctor, one she had yet to meet.

He walked confidently up to her bed and held out his hand.

?Good Morning Maria. My name is Doctor Walker and I am the anesthesiologist who will be assisting with your surgery.?

Maria mutely blinked at the man for a moment before extending her own hand. His grip was firm and his blue eyes twinkled warmly in his handsome face. She noted that he was tall, broad in all the right places and narrow in others. His skin was a warm golden brown and his blond hair straight and sleek. Maria snickered to herself as she realized he looked just like the mental image she had of her Ani. She almost lost it completely when she realized what he had said his name was and she coughed to cover up the hysteria that wanted to bubble forth from this revelation.

?I am going to be with you throughout the procedure. For now, I am going to inject something into your IV to relax you. Then in a few minutes we will be transporting you to surgery and there you will be given a general anesthetic to put you completely to sleep for the operation. Do you have any questions??

Yeah! Can I see your lightsaber?

Maria smiled at her own internal joke and continued to stare into the doctor?s handsome face. Quickly she realized she had not answered his question as his gaze took on a more quizzical expression.

?Uh, no. No questions.?

?Okay, then let?s get started.?

The doctor efficiently injected something into her IV tube and turned towards her.

?You will begin to feel the effects in only a few minutes. Do not fight them, allow yourself to relax and drift off. You will be moved to surgery in about ten minutes. I will see you there.?

With that he patted her arm and turned to leave.

Maria could already feel the warmth and lethargy spreading through her body. She was relieved to finally be able to relax and glad things were finally moving along. She hated the waiting.

As the doctor approached the door, he dropped the pen he had been using to write on her chart. He bent to pick it up and Maria?s jaw dropped to her chest.

His face isn?t the only thing that reminds me of Anakin.

As he stood and opened the door, he looked back over his shoulder and gave her a little wink. She flushed bright red and had to take a deep calming breath to keep her heart from beating out of her chest.

Well, that was certainly a diversion.

As the drug began to work its way through her body, she could feel herself going boneless in the narrow bed. She closed her heavy eyelids and let her mind drift.

After what felt like only a few moments, she heard the door to her roo

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    ?Ji..Jivan?? Maria whispered softly in disbelief.

The beautiful young man?s face lit up further and he whooped in joy.

?I told you she would know me!?
    :_|

That gets me every time I read it! My baby! :)

I truly can't express how much I love this! You did such a wonderful job with the boys. And I forgot to thank you for Xan's part in my little dream sequence! [face_love] I will carry this image with me tomorrow. :) Thank you so much for thinking of me. :)

9. Sheila

Oct 6, 2002
    You are more than welcome, thank you for letting me play with the boys. It was fun! :D

And for anyone who notices, I am well aware that at the time of Shai's arrival, Xan and Obi-Wan are older than I portray them here. But, since this is a drug-induced fantasy, I figured oe could have all her men in their prime! [face_love]

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable, Sheila and so accurate about the surgery.

Good luck tomorrow. OE. I'm sure everything will be fine and gallbladder surgery is much more minor than when I had it. I have a huge scar and lots of days in the jail..errr the hospital. Nowadays, it's a couple of snips or so and they shove you out the door. It will be over soon enough. Hopefully your "boys" will join you in your dreams....

11. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    ?Hi love,? the two men said at the same time.

?Watch it deCrion, your gonna run the bed into the wall. Let me drive.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I almost spit out my coffee!! Will it never end? I hope not! you aren?t even a main character deCrion :mad: HEY! Don't diss my husband like that, Ani! *grumble grumble freakishly long girly blond haired mutter mutter*

Gall bladder surgery? :( Poor Maria! My cousin almost had to have hers removed when she was pregnant--apparently her daughter was quite the kicker (and still is!). Well, looks like you've got some recovery team there! And two lovers instead of one! Someone's gettin' a lot of bowm chicka bowm bowm bowm ;) And I have to admit, yeah, Ani's posterior would be a rather nice sight (I can't believe I'm starting to be converted).

Donuts. *shakes head* Pure Xanitot. Wonderful job, Sheila :)

EDIT: GO CUBS!!!!! NL CENTRAL DIVISION WINNERS!!!!! WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! WE'RE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! HAHAHA to St. Louis, Houston, & especially all you Southsiders!!!

12. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Is your real name Maria? Or is that just a character? If it's not I feel like such an idiot now! But if it is, then, o_e, you're pretty popular with the Jedi! I bet while you're in surgery, you'll be dreaming about that! When you're done, come back and tell us! ;) I hope everything goes well with you! Good luck!

13. Darth_RL

Darth_RL Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2003
    hehehe...bring on the doughnuts [face_devil]

14. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Shaila, that was realy sweet.

Maria my dear, I wish you all the best for the surgery. Please be well soon.

I hope that was the reason for your pain and that it will be over after a short recovery time after tomorrow. I hope you will have dreams as sweet as that Sheila descriped.

I'll think of you. * gives Maria another big hug.

[face_love] Vadey

15. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Maria's big treat when she gets out of the hospital...I'm talking about the ice cream...about being the ice cream ;)

[image=http://www.bestofewan.com/pics/BoEM_009.jpg]

16. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Excellent little postie! You did such a wonderful job with the boys.

And Congrats to OE for her awards! All were well deserved! We swept the red carpet out from under the EU people this time!

17. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *wipes eyes from laughing*

excellent awe-touching Shelia

Maria We'll be praying for you and may you have a smooth sugery and an excellent recover...but with nursemaids like that...

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    If that doesn't distract her, I don't know what will. Just remember, no laughing- it will just hurt worse.

19. Jivan

Jivan Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2003
    Landed long enough to give you all a big hug for voting for me! :) And Aunty Sheila , that was a wonderful gift but now she won't let me out of her sight! [face_plain] *runs off before o_e can catch him*

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    :_| i miss these chars so much WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

21. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    *flops down into a chair in Kansas hospital waiting room*

*pulls out Livy's Early History of Rome, p. 114, first paragraph*

By the time you get out of surgery, OE, I'll be on paragraph 2. Sweet dreams! ;) :D

22. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I know you won't see this until you have returned, but my thoughts are with you Maria! I hope that your drugged out dreams are as good as Shelia's story! Good luck, and may the Force be with you! :)

When you have a chance, I have a new post up. You know, in case you need some distractions while recovering!

--later--

23. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi there,

You already know that I'm thinking about you today, but I wanted to congratulate you publicly on your wins, all totally deserved. Good luck today, and we'll talk soon. :)

Shaindl

PS: Sheila, that was wonderful...

24. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003

*Joins Jade in the waiting room with her copy of U.S. History to 1877 and intro to physics*

*wonders if the surgeons could help her to understand that book*

25. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    You don't need surgeons to understand physics, Birdy--just look up my high school physics teacher, Ray: "We're not gonna use calculus in this class, but for those of you who know calculus, here's what you do: dy/dx, cancel the d's...shut up or I'll mark you tardy...yeeeeaaaahhhhh, ummmmmmmm, yeeeaaaahhhhhh..." And then there was that glorious day he picked up some doohickey that's supposed to measure how much air you can take into your lungs...he proceeded to use it like it was a bong [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Best day of class ever!!

That, or you could always get Shai to help you out ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.