main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    "I don't know the kid Anakin, but anyone who can shake the Chosen One's foundation so quickly and so strongly, must be pretty damned special." That's right, Ani! You and Shai look like you're meant for each other. :)

Des and Ani are great together. So how long will Desimir be sticking around? :confused: I like good ole Des. [face_love]

2. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm still out here camping, but alone it is not much fun. Well at least it is summer.

Vadey

3. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002

That was quite sweet. Liked the way
    Des argue to Anakin about to take
    Shai as an student or not.

4. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I betcha the boy says no! It's make such a twist, and we all know you love twists!

Des and Ani are SO AWESOME!

5. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    ::eek:ld lady voice::

Where's the post?! :p I'll be gone the whole weekend, suffering from Des withdrawal [face_laugh]

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    dp Thanks! :D

JTJG Hum. Not sure if he would like that description! ;)

darla Because I'm evil! [face_devil]

JadeSolo You're welcome! :)

astro Bant? She knows some things! :eek:

diane Shai might! :D

Vadey Got some marshmelows? (sp) :D

Sheila Sorry, but you'll have to be patient! :p

clumsy527 He's a kinder, gentler Desimir! :D

froggy They are quite the pair! [face_love]

PK Glad you enjoy the boys! :)

DL6669 Des gets great enjoyment out of telling Ani like it is! [face_laugh]

HHP I think Des will be around quite a bit! ;)

Vadey You want me to send one of the boys over to camp with ya! :p

Aquas Have I told you how lovely it is to see you again? :)

Thalia Twists? Moi? [face_laugh]

JadeSolo You may have a Des post waiting for you when you get back! ;)

Should have a post up tomorrow for sure! Maybe later tonight! It's in my little head, just need to get it on paper. Hope to get this fic going daily in the next few days! You guys are the best! [face_love]

7. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I know it's not the one you wanted, but that one is going to take some time! ;) Hope you enjoy this one anyway. :)

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Chewing on his bottom lip, Shai took a deep fortifying breath, before hitting the send button. Predictably, the datapad flashed him a bright red error message. Shoulders slumping, he stared at it with accusing eyes.

"Still no luck?" Hale asked, plopping down next to him.

As she leaned against his shoulder and peered down at the screen, he sighed morosely.

"No. It?s gotta be something really simple I?m doing wrong!"

Peeking up at him from under lowered lashes, she subtly rubbed her sweaty cheek against the sleeve of his tunic. "So why don?t you do what Knight Skywalker told you to, and ask Padawan.. " she stopped herself mid sentence and giggled. "Knight Jivan for help?"

Shai glanced down at his now soggy sleeve, tossing her a warning look, before replying. "I?m going to have to."

"He?ll probably jump at the chance to help you. I imagine he?s pretty bored just sitting around waiting for the Council to pick his first mission," Hale mused.

Pulling back, Shai eyed her curiously. "So how do you know so much about what?s going on in his life?"

A dark red blush stained her brown cheeks as she shrugged. "You know how Temple gossip is."

Shai fought back a wide grin at her tone. "Uh huh. It wouldn?t have anything to do with Master Obi-Wan would it?"

Sniffing, she slid several inches away from him. "I think you better go lie down Shai. You?re talking nonsense. That blow to your head must have really rattled your tiny brain."

His soft chuckles broke off abruptly, as a familiar voice intruded.

"Well, Shai, you certainly made quite an impression on the knights yesterday!"

Looking up, he found Aedn standing in front of him with his arms folded across his chest and a wide smirk on his face. Several of the other boy?s associates stood behind him, laughing jeeringly. Breathing deeply, Shai bent over the datapad and ignored his rival.

"Hey guys, maybe one of them will even decide to choose him because of that amazing exhibition he put on!" Aedn continued to taunt, hoping for a reaction.

Hale tossed Shai a quick sorrowful glance, before jumping up and positioning herself between the two boys. Narrowing her eyes, she poked the much larger and older boy in the chest, with each word.

"You don?t know anything Aedn! Knight Skywalker even came and saw Shai when he was at the Healers! Did he come see you afterwards?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

The older boy?s grin faded at her words, his gaze searching her face for the truth of what she had said.

"You lie!" Aedn finally spat.

Placing her hands on her hips, Hale grinned smugly. "Oh yeah? Who do you think gave him that fancy datapad?"

Aedn and his cronies, stared at the datapad before eyeing one another uneasily. Shifting his feet, Aedn glared at Shai with eyes that burned with jealousy.

"He probably just felt sorry for the loser!"

Shai shot to his feet and brushed by the other boys as he hurried from the salle. His cheeks burned as their laughter and taunts followed him, causing him to quicken his strides. Halting in front of one of the lifts, he punched a floor without thinking about it and slid inside as the door opened.

As it whisked him up, he struggled to slow his frantic breathing and forced himself to relax the hands that gripped the datapad tightly. He was angry, but not at them. He was angry at himself for letting them get to him. Aedn was predictable, and the other boy?s nastiness should have lost its sting a long time ago.

As the door opened, he stepped off and looked around him in amazement. He was on the floor where the knights were housed. Several of them eyed him curiously as they were forced to squeeze around in order to get to the lift.

Flushing, he made himself walk down the hall until he found the plague that had Knight Jivan?s name on it. Standing outside of the door, he lifted a tentative finger, tracing the gold raised letters.

Before he coul

8. clumsy527

clumsy527 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2003
    heehee..that was cute. poor Shai doesn't know what he's gotten himself into.

9. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Uh oh, the brothers DeCrion have Shai! This should be interesting! Maybe he should have gone to lay down! [face_laugh] Then again, that would be as interesting of a story to tell...

So....you're going to daily posts now? or at least trying, but with Worth Fighting For almost done, you should be able to do it! I have great faith!

--later--

10. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Aww how cute..the two brothers are ganging up on him...:)

I look forward to reading more esp..when Ani finds out he is there...:)

POST MORE SOON PLEASE!!!!

PT

11. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Aww-haw-haw! Poor Shai! Caught between The Brothers DeCrion! (instead of the brothers garcia. lol) Oh boy! I wonder what persuasive things they're going to do to make him be Ani's padawan. I bet Ani's gonna burst through the door sensing Shai with the DeCrions and say "What are doing?! Leave him alone!" and drag Shai out of there before Ji and Des can do anything else!

12. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    That's not nice of them to corner that poor, shy boy like that.

A bit company would be nice and mashmellows?, well I never tried. All I know is that they are very sweet and glutty.

[face_love] Vadey

13. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Poor Shai, at least he will have a better idea of what he is getting into when Anakin asks him to be his padawan. :D

Daily posts! :)

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Awwwww they ganged up on him hehehehe so funny though....

15. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    lmfbo. he better get used to it. and isnt hale going to tie them all up in knots.

16. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    That was great!

"So, tell us about yourself Shai," he said coaxingly.Well, the deCrion brothers do have to look out for their other brother...make sure this kid is good enough for him and all!

Jivan moved to stand in front of Shai, a smile on his lips as he studied him closely. Tilting his head to the side, the young knight?s forehead creased in thought.

I think Ji has noticed something about Shai, but hasn't quite got figured out what it is that is bothering him so.

"I can come back later if this is a bad time," he said, moving a few steps toward the door.

"No!" Both men nearly shouted, rushing forward to pull him further into the room.

Poor Shai...well, better get use to it...after all, these are his new 'uncles'!

MORE SOON PLEASE!

~Bek

17. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Oh no, poor Shai! 8-} He'll probably have to beg out of the interrogation by claiming that he has a headache coming on from his injury! (And if daddy Xan happens to walk in, poor Shai's gonna think he's seeing triples!)

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "No!" Both men nearly shouted, rushing forward to pull him further into the room. hahaha!!!! They should tell Shai some embarassing stories about Anakin--maybe that'll help him relax.

Laughing at his hesitant reply, they exchanged similar grins before taking a seat on either side of him. The elder deCrion had a delighted gleam in his sapphire eyes as he leaned forward. What I would do to be in Shai's position right now [face_love] [face_laugh] And now I have my Des fix for the weekend!

19. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Oh sheesh...Shai is in for it lol.

20. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    That poor boy! **grins** I can't help but to wonder what they'll do to him! Shai must be so confused... He only wanted a little help and now he's being given an interrogation by the DeCrion brothers!

21. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    ROTFL! Poor Shai; he picks a button at random, winds up on the knight level, then is subjected to a game of Twenty Questions. All he needs now is for Xan (or Obi, of course) to wind up on the scene as well.

I really enjoy how you've made Obi-Wan develop over the years. I sorta wonder what his ex-master thinks of him...

Thanks for sharing this! :D

22. Aquas_Knight

Jan 12, 2002

LoL that was great. Can`t wait to
    see that next you have in store for the
    characters [face_love]

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    clumsy527 ;)

DL6669 I will try my hardest for daily! :)

PT Ani shows up in todays posty! :eek:

dp Not quite uncles yet. ;)

Vadey Never had a marshmello? :eek:

Sheila Maybe that explains todays reaction. [face_devil]

JTJG :D

froggy Hale would prove to be a challenge for them! [face_laugh]

Bekah Not yet. ;)

HHP Yikes! Xan would probably be too much at this point! :D Imagine that introduction!

JadeSolo And a tiny bit of Des for when you get back! :)

darla lol :D

Thalia I bet he is in safe hands. [face_love]

Lurkalidth Hi! :) Aw! I'm glad you enjoy my slightly roguish Obi. [face_love]

Aquas AGGHH!!! I just passed ya! :D I'm sure the characters will have plenty of angst ahead of them! ;)

Well, here you go! :D

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Walking down the hallways, Shai peered up at his two unlikely companions from under lowered lashes. The afternoon had turned out to be a series of surreal moments, perhaps none more so then this one. After spending a few minutes telling the deCrion brothers about his short and uneventful life, he had sat and stared at them wide eyed as they regaled him with stories about Knight Skywalker and their relationship with him.

Knight Jivan had spoken with deep love and affection, his tales painting a picture of an Anakin that Shai never would have imagined existed. The two were as close as any two brothers could be.

Shai?s gaze traveled to his other side, a smile tugging at the edges of his mouth as he studied the elder deCrion. Desimir was funny. He had a sarcastic sense of humor and spoke about Skywalker in a way Shai had never heard from anyone in the Temple. At times the comments and disrespectful tone had left him with his mouth hanging open in disbelief. Regardless of that, he could sense that the older man truly did like and respect Skywalker.

As the brother?s fell into a discussion about someone he didn?t know, Shai settled into a pensive silence. Although he had enjoyed himself, he couldn?t help but wonder why the two powerful men had any interest in him. He told himself that Hale had been right and Knight Jivan was bored, eager for anything to distract him.

It was also very possible that they felt sorry for him, hearing about how he had embarrassed himself at the exhibitions. Maybe because they were so close to Skywalker, they felt an obligation to be nice to him.

He was so deeply engrossed in his thoughts, it took him a few seconds to realize that they had stopped moving. Stopping, he glanced up curiously, only to find them both staring at something, amused smiles on their faces. Following the direction of their gazes, he watched as Knight Skywalker strode toward them, a deep scowl on his tanned face.

Pulling up directly in front of them, the knight shot him a brief worried glance before turning his gaze on the brothers.

"I have been from one end of this Temple to the other searching for him," Anakin informed them through clenched teeth. "You do realize that he is still recovering from a head injury and should be resting."

Eyes widening further at Skywalker?s harsh tone, Shai glanced up to gauge the two brothers reactions. Surprisingly neither one seemed to be offended or intimidated.

"We thought a little exercise would be good for him. Clear his head," Jivan teased.

Desimir nodded in agreement. "Nothing like a run through the Temple to make you feel like a new man!"

Skywalker?s gaze flew back to study Shai closely, making certain that he didn?t appear flushed or out of breath. Satisfied, he turned back to glare at the other two men.

"If the two of you are through teasing me, I would like to have a word with him in private."

Matching expressions of delight lit up both faces, Jivan turning to ruffle Shai?s hair. "It was a pleasure to meet you Shai. Although I think we will be seeing quite a bit of you in the future."

Uncertain what that meant, Shai settled for nodding. A wide gr

24. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Aww, I knew that was coming and it still made me well up. How sad that Shai won't let himself be taken. And poor Anakin! Here he was thinking that he never wanted a Padawan and now that he's found someone he feels a connection to, he gets shot down. Poor guy.

Can't wait for the next post (do you have any idea how hard it is to wait? :D )!

Shaindl

25. Aquas_Knight

Jan 12, 2002
    Hmm wonder if the dark stranger has something to do with his insecure
    what he wants. Saying for the second time poor Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.