main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Somewhere in the Middle - (OWK/QGJ) - Chapter 36: March 12, 2012

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bek, Sep 21, 2009.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Bek, I'm so sorry to hear about the situations you have been facing..hopefully everything will work out all right. I also so understand that life issues come up, and it's hard to think of anything else at the moment till the situation is resolved. Don't worry about the story, whenever you're ready and able, we'll be glad to see an update, but till then, take care of yourself and what you're needing to deal with. I'll be praying for you.

2. AZURASKYE

AZURASKYE Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    sorry things are complicated for ya. Hope things get better soon.

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    We understand perfectly, life is very full on and it tends to keep us all busy.
    We have patience and we will wait. Take good care of yourself and don't let life get you down.

[face_love] [face_good_luck] @};-

4. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with so much stress at the moment! I hope things improve soon!

Also, I'm sorry I got so far behind in replying to your wonderful updates! I still love how you've written Qui and Obi, and their interactions are wonderful. :D I look forward to reading your update whenever you find the time and inclination to post ;)

5. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    The_Zeltron: Great chapter, Bek!

Thank you! :) I?m glad you enjoyed it!

I loved watching Qui-Gon put it to them straight. And them finding out about Obi-Wan defending Ty. I?m really hoping Nyla will finally start to see.

Qui-Gon wasn?t going to stay quiet for long about his place in Obi-Wan?s life. He played by the rules from the beginning of the court order, even going as far as getting permission to speak with his padawan by comlink when it was needed; it was time he stepped up and made it clear that he wouldn?t stand on the sidelines indefinitely.

His skirmish at his brother?s school as bound to come up. ;)

Nyla is working on it. With Obi-Wan?s help, perhaps she?ll learn to let go of her fears of losing him a second time.

Love it! Thanks so much for the PM!

You?re very welcome! :)

Valairy_Scot: Progress on the home front! Obi-Wan?s going to end up blessed with two loving families (at least until Anakin-time, canon-wise).

Nyla is indeed making progress. Perhaps the whole Anakin scenario will surprise, that is if this story progresses that far.

I just wonder WHY the Force wants him to know both families?unless he?s supposed to change the Order from within.

What he learns in all of this will aid him in the future. ;)

When Nyla and Obi-Wan finally connect, that is going to be so sweet.

I hope so. I haven?t gotten that part figured out as of yet.

And I just love Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together.

Me too! :)

Valiowk: Great update, bek! I liked the description of dinner very much - it was lovely to see the family and Qui-Gon getting along civilly. I was especially heartened by the family's open attitude to Obi-Wan's display of his Force abilities - it's sometimes natural to be a little wary of something you've never seen before and I would not have faulted anyone if they had been slightly uncomfortable upon seeing Obi-Wan's Force powers for the first time - so it was especially nice to see their extremely positive attitude towards this incident.

The Abrams and Qui-Gon are trying to work together for Obi-Wan?s sake in order to do what is best for his well-being. Nyla has a little more work to do than the others as she has not yet fully accepted that Obi-Wan/Ben is not solely hers any longer. He also belongs to the Jedi and has found family among them. She?s coming to terms with the prospect of sharing her son?s heart.

From day one they?ve known that Ben?s count was high enough for Jedi Training. They knew that it was inevitable that something would occur sooner or later. ;)

I liked the discussion between Qui-Gon and Nyla very much also - it's great that they've laid out their viewpoints and wishes in front of each other - this will certainly enable them to understand better how both parties have made concessions, or how some of their wishes might be asking for a bit too much than is reasonable.

I think it also gave Nyla insight into the fact that Qui-Gon cares for her son as a father does his child. It gives her a sense of peace in a way knowing that Qui has her son?s best interests at heart, even if she is having trouble sharing him at this point.

Qui-Gon's idea of letting Obi-Wan teach Nyla meditation is wonderful - not only will it help both of them heal, it will also give them more opportunities to bond.

I think so too. We?ll have to see how that goes. ;)

Love Anen's words of wisdom - they do a wonderful job of summarizing how far Obi-Wan has come so far!

Anen is the voice of reason in most cases. She has the ability to keep them all grounded in trying times.

I wonder what will happen to the surprise parties for Obi-Wan now that there are two separate ones being planned? Will they merge into one?

The parties begin in this post. I didn?t go into great detail, kind of skimming over some areas, but hopefully it will do.

[color=gre

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw...Nyla's really trying, isn't she - and scoring points, methinks.

Great to see you back!

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [face_dancing] So glad you are back!! Glad to hear that things are starting to get better.

Loved this chapter!! So glad they asked permission and that she gave it. It was a very sweet touch for Obi-Wan to hug her for it too...it should tell her something.

Can't wait for the party!! [face_dancing]

8. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Wonderful to see you back and a great post to come back with.
    Obi-Wan gets to see Qui-Gon twice in one day.=D=

[:D]

9. nada_smith

nada_smith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2006
    I've read this story since the beginning and really love it (as well as your other stories). It's always a treat to find a new bit when you're able to post. :)

I'm glad to see Obi-Wan's mother trying to accept that her son needs contact with his Jedi family, too.

Can't wait for the birthday party! Should be fun.

10. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Glad to know that things are going better for you, bek. I hope that things will go more smoothly for your family this year, and you will be in my prayers.

So lovely to see Obi-Wan laughing with his friends once again. It's even better that Garen and Quin have sought permission from those they should and everybody (except Obi-Wan, perhaps :) ) is somewhat informed about the plans - this way nobody feels that they were intentionally kept in the dark about a big issue.

Nyla is making a big effort and the results are showing; I'm definitely happy for her! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. AZURASKYE

AZURASKYE Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    That was awesome. Can't wait for the parties.

12. The_Nerfherder

The_Nerfherder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2010
    Nice update, bek. =D= Glad to hear things are looking up for you. :D

13. The1stJediPrincess

The1stJediPrincess Jedi Master star 2

Sep 20, 2010
    Welcome back Bek! Great update, as usual. Glad things are getting better.

14. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Glad you're back, bek, and with a great update!:D Hope everything continues to get better for you![:D]

15. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot: Aw...Nyla's really trying, isn't she - and scoring points, methinks.

She?s trying to right by her son, even though everything in her is telling her to keep him to herself. ;)

Great to see you back!

Thanks, I appreciate it! :)

obimom: So glad you are back!! Glad to hear that things are starting to get better.

Thank you! :)

Loved this chapter!! So glad they asked permission and that she gave it. It was a very sweet touch for Obi-Wan to hug her for it too...it should tell her something.

Nyla will figure things out as she learns to compromise between what she wants and what Obi-Wan needs. His reactions to her compromises will not go unnoticed.

Can't wait for the party!!

I have learned that I honestly have no clue as to how to write a party! [face_laugh] I guess that comes from never having partied myself. :rolleyes: At any rate, it doesn?t really go into detail but rather covers the party from an overall perspective; I think that made sense. :confused: :p Anyway, hope you enjoy. :D

Gkilkenny: Wonderful to see you back and a great post to come back with.

Thank you!

Obi-Wan gets to see Qui-Gon twice in one day.

Uh oh! :eek: That might be spoiling him a bit too much. :p

nada_smith: I've read this story since the beginning and really love it (as well as your other stories). It's always a treat to find a new bit when you're able to post.

Thank you! :) I?m glad you?ve enjoyed the fics. I have definitely enjoyed writing them!

I'm glad to see Obi-Wan's mother trying to accept that her son needs contact with his Jedi family, too.

She?s taking each situation as it comes at this point. ;)

Can't wait for the birthday party! Should be fun.

See comment somewhere above! :p Hope this works out okay.

Valiowk: Glad to know that things are going better for you, bek. I hope that things will go more smoothly for your family this year, and you will be in my prayers.

Thanks so much! :)

So lovely to see Obi-Wan laughing with his friends once again. It's even better that Garen and Quin have sought permission from those they should and everybody (except Obi-Wan, perhaps) is somewhat informed about the plans - this way nobody feels that they were intentionally kept in the dark about a big issue.

Garen had a back-up plan in case his the Abrams refused their plea. ;) He planned on using the ?I?m family? card, which of course would have blown the whole secret thing with Quin around. :D

Nyla is making a big effort and the results are showing; I'm definitely happy for her!

She?s coming around. ;)

AZURASKYE: That was awesome. Can't wait for the parties.

Thank you! :) The first party is in this post.

The_Nerfherder: Nice update, bek. Glad to hear things are looking up for you.

Thanks! :)

The1stJediPrincess: Welcome back Bek! Great update, as usual. Glad things are getting better.

Thank you! :)

The_Zeltron: Glad you're back, bek, and with a great update! Hope everything continues to get better for you!

Thank you! I?m glad the chapter came across well. :)

Author?s Note: (*)There is mention in this post of Bruck and Obi-Wan coming to an understanding of sorts in regard to their non-existent relationship as friends. This mention is actually referring to another fic I wrote some years back that actually needs to be revised. Just thought I?d mention that in case it brought up questions. :)

Last time on Somewhere in the Middle: Kenobi?s friends are going ahead with their friends party despite the fact his fam

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Siri was great in this!

i'd gush more but it's hard to type w/1 hand (I broke my wrist Sunday)

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow..how did Siri become so wise? She was wonderful...loved the Siriwan moment...I had wanted to see Obi show up at the Abrams with Siri as well as Garen, Quin and Qui-Gon..and watched their jaws drop...eh..another time maybe?

Loved the party...it seemed just how a Jedi party should go.

Nice work...now for the "other" party...this should be interesting.

18. nada_smith

Jul 8, 2006
    Ah, the party was great! And Siri was so wise. Good insight that Ben was blaming himself. I liked the sweet moment between them. Now on to the Abrams' home...and they're late. Oops!

Good job!

19. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Awesome update, Bek!=D= I really liked the Siriwan bit, and the party was great!:D Thanks for the PM, and I can't wait for more!:D

So sorry to hear about your wrist, Val.:( Hope you get better soon![:D]

20. The_Nerfherder

The_Nerfherder Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2010
    Well done, bek! It'll be interesting to seeing how Nyla deals with Obi-Wan's tardiness ... the stakes are high.

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Siri made sense and she has given him something to think about.

He will be a wiser person through all this.

I loved how you wrote Siri and Obi-Wan's little talk bek well done.

=D=

22. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Just another thought - I really REALLY hope [face_praying] Obi calls to say he'll be late - because it'll lessen Nyla's worry and it's the right thing to do.

23. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Valairy_Scot Siri was great in this!

Thanks! :) I actually hadn?t planned to do a siriwan moment; it kinda snuck up on me.

i'd gush more but it's hard to type w/1 hand (I broke my wrist Sunday)

I hope you feel better soon, Val! [:D]

obimom Wow...how did Siri become so wise? She was wonderful...loved the Siriwan moment...I had wanted to see Obi show up at the Abrams with Siri as well as Garen, Quin and Qui-Gon and watch their jaws drop...eh?another time maybe?

Siri listened to the force?s promptings in regard to the questions she asked. ;) I thought it was a sweet moment too! As to Obi-Wan taking Siri home to meet the parents?hadn?t thought of that. Hmmmm?. [face_thinking] will definitely have to think on that. But now probably wouldn?t be a good time. [face_whistling]

Loved the party...it seemed just how a Jedi party should go.

I?m glad! I had a hard time writing it!

Nice work...now for the "other" party...this should be interesting.

Another party I?ve had a hard time writing. Been tweaking it for the last three weeks.

nada_smith Ah, the party was great! And Siri was so wise. Good insight that Ben was blaming himself. I liked the sweet moment between them. Now on to the Abrams' home...and they're late. Oops!

Thanks, I was stumped on what to write for a party, especially for Obi-Wan. I?m glad it turned out okay. :) A siriwan moment wasn?t planned, it kinda happened. ;)

Good job!

Thank you! [face_blush]

The_Zeltron Awesome update, Bek! I really liked the Siriwan bit, and the party was great! Thanks for the PM, and I can't wait for more!

Thanks so much! I?m so glad the party worked out for the characters and the readers! :)

The_Nerfherder Well done, bek! It'll be interesting to seeing how Nyla deals with Obi-Wan's tardiness ... the stakes are high.

Not too much will be said at this time due to the guests and such. But a talk will be coming.

Gkilkenny Siri made sense and she has given him something to think about.

Yes, she has. [face_worried]

He will be a wiser person through all this.

He will have learned a lot by the time it?s all over. ;)

I loved how you wrote Siri and Obi-Wan's little talk bek well done.

Thank you! I was a little worried that Siri sounded too wise for her age. But then, when a Jedi has the force, I guess that happen.

Valairy_Scot Just another thought - I really REALLY hope Obi calls to say he'll be late - because it'll lessen Nyla's worry and it's the right thing to do.

That sounds like our Obi-Wan, but will it really make a difference? o_O

Chapter 28

Qui-Gon watched his apprentice stare out the window of the aircab as if that would somehow make it go faster. The padawan had developed a habit of biting on his thumb nail when nervous; a habit his mentor was going to have to break him of. Reaching over, the Jedi gently pulled the youth?s hand away from his nibbling teeth.

?Talk to me, young one,? his master encouraged.

The young man fumbled with the hem of his cloak sleeve. ?I told her I?d be back on time; I didn?t keep my word.?

?I?m sure she will understand,? Qui-Gon replied.

Obi-Wan raised an eyebrow in response.

?I see you?re point,? Qui-Gon corrected his previous statement. Pulling out his comlink, he handed it to the teen. ?You?ve always been very good about letting me know when you would be missing curfew; give your mother the same courtesy.?

The youth looked at the offered comlink a moment before slowly reaching forward and taking it. Entering the proper frequency, he waited for an answer.

?Abram residence,? a young voice answered.

?Ty??

?Obi-Wan??

?Yeah, it?s me. Can I spe

24. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005

?That was just to whet your appetite; you?ll have to wait until after the main meal.?

Just like the author with the story.

I'm ga Obi called - having disappeared once, Nyla had to be panicking 2 minutes after scheduled arrival. I hope she can talk rationally and calmly with Obi - and not revoke visiting privileges.

25. nada_smith

Jul 8, 2006
    Another great party (or at least the start of the party). :)

I liked that Obi-Wan was so worried about breaking his word. Glad Qui-Gon was there to help him figure out what to do to make it better.

I loved the Quin/Master Jinn exchange. Oh the stories he could tell. :D

Good job!