main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Son of a Gun] Escape

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Jedi Master Kenobiwan, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Name: Escape
    Fandom: Son of a Gun
    Characters: Brandan Lynch, OC
    Rating: T
    Authors: serendipityaey and Siri-Wan Kenobi (aka. Kenobiwan)
    Summary: Brit Allen and Brendan Lynch have a history together but she's a cop and he's a criminal. Both knew it could never be more than a brief, passionate fling. Now Brendan is in jail again, Brit is questioning everything she thought she knew and she owes JR a favor. Can she leave it all behind for a life on the run with the man she's falling in love with? And will Brendan ever be able to accept he's falling in love as well?

Author notes: Credits go to serendipityaey for the entire idea of the story, I'm just helping her to write and expand her idea. :D I still remember when Ash came to me with her idea back in 2014, and I just felt in love with it from the start. Then both of us started to throw in ideas for the fanfiction, and tadaaa, here we are! :D

The story is also posted in Fanfiction.net and Archive of Our Own by serendipityaey, and there are more chapters to read there than here, in case you guys can't wait for chapter 2. ;) :p

Disclaimer: Nothing of this belong to either me and Ash, except for the OC and our (crazy) fantacy.

Hope you guys like it! :)

*****​

Chapter 1 - When It's Love

Hot, Australian sun beat down from overhead, warming the fair skin of Brit Allen’s bare arms and making her squint, even from behind her aviators. The line of her mouth was set in determination, and she focused her sight on her goal from across the street: the Melbourne Prison. Without thinking, she reached to make sure her old badge was still in the back pocket of her dark jeans, then she leaned back in the car to grab her black suit jacket, release papers tucked safely into the inside pocket.

Squaring her shoulders, she prepared herself to intimidate the hell out of anyone that dared to stand in the way of what she wanted. This was do or die. She strode in the door, oozing authority and stepped up to the desk without taking her sunglasses off.

“Miss…?” The man behind the desk looked confused by her presence, but unsure as well and Brit smiled internally. This would be easy.

“Detective Allen,” she corrected him, flashing her badge and shoving it back in her pocket. “I’m here to transfer a prisoner, and I’m short on time, honey, so let's try to make this quick.”

“Uhhh…” he stared up at her, then tapped at the keyboard in front of him. “I don’t see any scheduled…”

Brit pushed her aviators to the top of her head through her hair and sighed. “This is a sensitive case -” she leaned in to look at his name tag - “Officer Hill.” She smiled at him and winked. “You know how it is. Couldn’t be scheduled, too much risk.”

The blank look in his eyes told her no, actually he had no idea how it was, but he gave her a crooked smile anyway, nodding his head.

“Here.” She pulled release documents out of her jacket and handed them to him. “Everything’s right here. Brendan Lynch. High escape risk. If the transfer had been scheduled there’s too much of a chance he’d be able to plan something. Now can we hurry please? I’d like to get him locked up again in max security as soon as possible.”

“Um,” he swallowed, “yes, ma’am. Let me just…” He took the papers and began entering the information. Now she’d find out if the contact her and JR had bought off would pay off.

“Could you please call and have them prepare the prisoner while you crunch the numbers?” She said in a bored voice. “I don’t have time to mess around.”

“Of course, Detective.” The officer turned in his chair making a quick call. “He’ll be ready in two minutes.”

“Great,” she answered, reaching into the pocket and pressing a button on her phone. Time for the the next phase.

To her great joy, it couldn’t have worked out better if she had been directing this whole scene herself. Just as her initial release orders checked out on his computer, an alarm rang on the board in the back of the room. A deeper search into the documents would reveal there was no official signature behind the transfer at all, but if they were lucky, this distraction would be good enough to keep anyone from figuring that out for a long time.

A moment after the alarm went off, Brendan appeared, his hands cuffed in front of him, locked to a belt around his waist, with a guard behind the locked outer doors of the prison.

“What’s going on?” The officer at the desk shouted behind him.

“The fire alarm is going off for Section C, but I’m checking the monitors and everything is normal.”

Officer Hill rolled his eyes. “Call the guard station, and shut off that alarm.”

“They say there’s nothing out of place. The alarm is malfunctioning.”

“Look,” Brit interrupted, “Can we get going? Looks like you have your hands full.”

“Yeah.” Flustered, he motioned the guard to bring Brendan through.

Boy, was he a sight for sore eyes…

Even with his hair long, and beard a bit unkempt, still he was the most handsome man she had ever known. When he lifted his head, he caught her gaze immediately, only the tiniest glimmer in his intense blue eyes belying his surprise. No one else noticed.

“Let’s go,” she said in her sternest no-nonsense voice. “You’re being transferred.” The guard handed her the sack of his things and she took his arm, guiding him out. “Thanks boys,” she said as she opened the door. Brendan didn’t say a thing, only looked at her.

To his credit, he let her lead him to her car, unquestioning, and sat in the back when she opened the door for him. Neither said a word as she started the car and pulled away. Her own heart was pounding in her chest now, they were so close… She held her breath until she pulled onto the highway, and they were on their way.

Glancing into the rearview mirror, she caught his gaze, fierce and suspicious. Unequivocally Brendan, and she smiled.

“Brit Allen…” he murmured.

“Brendan Lynch.”

“What in the hell are you doing?” His voice was rough, the same as she remembered.

“I fell in with a kid, JR, on the North coast. He helped me out, so I owed him a favor.” She looked into the mirror again, just to see his blue eyes. “His favor was you.”

Brendan snorted. “Is that so?”

“Do you have the last letter he sent?”

“Aye.” From the mirror she saw him glance out the window, his expression guarded. “I have them all.”

“Good. You have the code for a case then. I have the location - he had to move it from where ever it was before. Lynch, we’re going to get your money.”

******​
    After an hour and a half of driving, Brendan gave a breath of relief as Brit pulled over. She slowed as they passed a used car dealership in the middle of nowhere then parked on the street. Glancing around she seemed to be making sure no one was paying them any mind then walked around the car to slide into the back seat next to Brendan. Without her having to ask, he lifted his hands toward her. He wasn’t quite sure what to make of any of this but he knew he was not going to be keeping those cuffs on. Her lips quirked at his knowing, but she made quick work of picking the lock on the shackles. He rubbed his wrists as they fell into his lap.

“Now what?” he asked, as she climbed back out, walking around to the trunk.

“We’ll sell this car, I have another one waiting at the park around the corner. Here.” She threw a jacket at him through the open door. “Put this on for now. You can change at the next gas station.”
    Brit went into the used car dealer with a fake ID while Brendan stood on the sidewalk, leaning against the car. The transaction went quickly, Brit handing over the keys and the title for some cash. She grabbed two bags out of the trunk, handing one to him then she led him down the street to the park where a classic, old, red Holden waited. Brendan had to admit he was impressed.
    Brendan took the wheel for a bit and they drove on, making good time, but not speaking. It had been a long time since they had last seen each other. Brendan figured they were both feeling tense from the escape though he had to admit he liked her way better than his.

“What happened to you?” he finally asked, glancing toward Brit in the seat next to him. “Thought you were a cop.”

The sun was beginning to set, casting a glow to her skin. They’d stopped a couple hours back where Brendan had tossed his cuffs, cut and dyed his hair and changed into some clothes she’d brought. He’d trimmed his beard as well. Now he was driving and the windows were down. The warm breeze ruffled her long honey-brown hair from time to time. She pushed it back from her face as she seemed to consider her answer, staring out at the road ahead of them.

“I was .”

He sensed the weight of the word, past tense, and the tension in her voice but he couldn’t help but still be suspicious. She was the one woman who had never screwed him over. Maybe that time was now.

“Not anymore?”

She rolled her eyes. “Lynch, I just broke you out of prison.”

He shrugged. “Could be some kind of trap.”

She was quiet for a moment, still not looking at him. “It’s not.”

He was quiet again after that, letting the strangeness of the situation sink in. He couldn’t trust her, he couldn't trust anyone, but if there was one person more than anyone else that could come close… It had always been her. She was the oddest cop he’d ever met. And the most beautiful…

Brendan shook his head. Nonsense.

Then there was JR...he could trust him, if only because he was so naive. Brendan smiled to himself. Ridiculous kid . Not a deceitful bone in him.

“Let’s stop in Temora,” Brit broke his musings. “That’s about two hours and it’s getting late. We should start as early as possible tomorrow.”

Brendan nodded his head, his expression hardening again. He might as well go along for the ride, there were few other options he had at this moment. But he would be prepared for anything, including anything she could throw at him.

*****​
    tbc.