main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Son of the Sun Guard (OCs)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    As a note, this story follows a slightly altered timeline intended to fit legends and canon into one cohesive universe. Read more about it here.

Furthermore, certain characters in this story have been pre-established in a finished fan fic I have here and a wip one I have here. It's not necessary to read these ahead of time, but if you have time, you might get a bit of a nostalgic effect if you read them.

---------

Chapter 1
    Eshan, Eshan, Psel Compound
    32:3:5 (4 ABY)
    1422 hours

“General Psel, there are Stormtroopers incoming! They’ve broken past the security perimeter and are advancing on the main entrance!”

Psel’s long silver hair flowed behind him as he moved forwards, holding a shimmering sword out in front of him that glistened under the ceiling lights above him. He was very tall, standing at nearly 2 meters tall, had pale skin and silver eyes that matched his hair and was dressed in a long black trenchcoat with ornate silver accents along the edges.

“This will be our final stand, ” declared the general bombastically, “Tonight we dine in the Ivory Hall!”

Psel then turned back for a brief moment as a woman rushed in. She wore a similar outfit as the general, except the colors were inverted. She also had long flowing silver hair, pale skin and silver eyes, and her every movement looked graceful, as if she was in a constant state of dance. She held a double bladed sword, which also glistened under the light of the room.

“Penelope, I trust that Leonias has been secured?”

“Yes Pleisticus my love,” said Penelope as she wrapped her arms around Pleisticus in a warm embrace, “Our legacy shall not be snuffed out, and he shall live to see a free Eshan.”

Pleisticus then kissed Penelope, and looked back towards the entrance grimly.

“They say till death do us part. But now as we both stare death in the face, we shall not part, for in this moment we face the same fate.”

- The Following Day -

A tall woman in a white flight suit walked into the residence, followed by a detachment of Echani freedom fighters. Like all echani, she had pale skin, silver eyes and hair. She carried a double bladed sword similar to the one Penelope wielded, though it was sheathed on her back.

“No survivors,” she said as she looked grimly upon the scene, “It looks like the Psels held their last stand here. But it’s almost as if they were protecting something.”

“About that, Commander Clowe,” said one of the freedom fighters who had gone in to investigate further, peeking his head in through a doorway, “You might want to take a look inside. Their kid survived.”

The commander nodded and headed inside, where a young Echani infant was bawling his head off inside a bassinet.

She immediately approached the crib and picked up the child, and rocked him back and forth to soothe him.

“He’ll need to be taken to the nearest standing orphanage. Make sure they know the importance of his lineage, and hope that it doesn’t fall on deaf ears.”

Eshan, Eshan, Orphanage
    25:6:4 (10 ABY)
    1213 hours

It turns out that it did fall on deaf ears. Young Leonias Psel wasn’t quite as young anymore. In fact, he was the oldest kid at the orphanage. While most of the other children usually got adopted as toddlers at the latest, Leonias was a bit of an outcast and he tended to not get noticed very easily. You see, Leonias was Force sensitive, and incredibly so. He would quite regularly have “accidents” where his Force powers ended up wrecking havoc and he would typically run away after the incident in shame.

It just so happens though, that today his Force sensitivity would be of benefit to him, rather than as a detriment.

“I’m here to adopt a child,” said a tall man in black armor. This man looked to be in his mid fifties, had long black hair and a thick beard. He had cybernetic eyes that glowed a piercing silver color which were scanning the room. The man had a long black cape clasped to his armor with medallions featuring an insignia of some sort, and he had two saber pikes crossed over the cape, one a light golden color and one a pitch black color.

“You are?” asked the matron with a rather befuddled look on her face, “You look more like the type to raise an army, not a child. What makes me think you’re not going to turn this kid into a child soldier?”

The man simply waved a hand, “That is of no concern to you.”

She replied, almost as if in a trance, “That is of no concern to me.”

“Are there any ones you are interested in?”

“That one,” replied the man, pointing to a 6 year old Echani boy in the back corner.

“Him? Really?” she replied, sporting the same befuddled look on her face as before, “Well I guess I can’t be too upset about that, as we’ve been waiting for someone to pick him up for 6 years now. Apparently his parents were freedom fighters who died in the battle against the Empire. Quite the tragedy. The kid’s a bit of a handful though, so I hope you know what you’re getting into.”

“A handful? How?”

“Well, he’s got some weird… powers, it seems. They make the other kids terrified of him. Even I’m terrified of him.”

“What kind of powers?”

“Well it almost seems as if he doesn’t have control over it, but every once in awhile he’ll walk by something like a set of blocks and BAM! They go flying all over the place. He doesn’t even lay a finger on them. They just go flying. He always runs off crying when it happens though, and the poor thing even once tripped himself in the process.”

“Hm. Interesting. I’m adopting this child.”

Thorn058 likes this.
  2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Chapter 2
    Eshan, Eshan, Orphanage
    1225 hours

“Hey there,” said the man in the black armor to Leonias, “What’s your name?”

“My name’s Leonias,” he replied, “Are you going to adopt me?”

“Yes, Leonias. My name is Kev-Mas, and I’m going to be your new father. I’m also going to teach you how to use those talents of yours for good.”

“You mean my curse? I want nothing to do with that.”

“Are you sure?” asked Kev-Mas, as he waved a hand and floated a stack of blocks over to Leonias, maintaining their structure as he floated them over, “You sure you don’t want to learn how to do that?”

“Whoa...” said Leonias in awe as he gazed upon the stack of blocks that had just been set down in front of him, “So you mean I can do that?”

“That much, and much more. Within time you will learn to control your talents, and they will help you instead of hinder you. Much like they already have today.”

“What do you mean? How have they helped me today?”

“They lead me to you. You see, your talents come from what is called the Force.”

“The Force?”

“Yes, the Force is a mystical energy field that comes from all life. Some life, such as yourself, are more sensitive to this energy field, and are able to manipulate it at will. In turn, such Force sensitive individuals such as yourself are detectable by others who can use the Force, such as myself. Almost as if you had a distinct smell that could be sensed when you are close by. That is how I found you.”

“But I just took a bath!”

Kev-Mas chuckled, “Not quite what I meant, but nevermind. Let's get going, shall we?”

Nomad Son, Hyperspace, Enroute to Thyrsus
    1337 hours

Kev-Mas sat inside the crew quarters of the YV-560 light freighter, talking with a man wearing customized black armor, that looked as if it were modeled after ceremonial robes. Leonias was on the top bunk sleeping, and as such the two spoke in a hushed tone.

“I never took you for the fathering type, Kev,” asked the man, “Is this another one of those changes you went through at that Grey Sanctuary deal?”

“Not quite Brinlon,” replied Kev-Mas, “I just figured I’d secure my legacy the best I could given the circumstances.”

“So you go and adopt a kid? That doesn’t exactly secure a legacy. He’s not exactly your own flesh and blood.”

“Yes, but it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to go hunt down some woman just for that reason alone, now would it? Besides, there’s something special about this kid.”

“Lemme guess. He’s strong with the Force.”

“You know me too well. Yes, it’s exactly that. In fact, he’s incredibly strong with the Force, but to a level where he’s using it without even thinking about it. He’ll prove to be a difficult student to teach, but it will be well worth the effort.”

“That definitely sounds like you. You live for challenges like that.”

“Yup, you definitely know me too well.”

Nomad Son, Thyrsus System, Thyrsus Orbit
    1442 hours

Kev-Mas Colcha, Brinlon Vosk and Leonias Psel, now Leonias Colcha stood inside the cockpit overlooking the rugged planet of Thyrsus. In front of them, at the pilot's chair sat a cyborg petting a cybernetically enhanced Nexu. The man was of a rather slender build, had a Borg Construct Aj^6 implant wrapped around the back of his head and two long ginger braids hanging over it jutting out from an otherwise bald head. He had some wrinkles showing some age and a scruffy ginger goatee around his mouth.

“We are making our approach vector towards coordinates CX dash one five seven oh three dash eight seven one six,” said the pilot in a rather monotonous tone, “Estimated time of arrival at landing zone in approximately five minutes.”

“It’s called Colcha Stronghold, Norin,” interjected Kev-Mas, “You can call it by name, you know.”

“Affirmative,” replied Norin, almost as if he were a computer taking a command, “Destination label set to Colcha Stronghold.”

“Heh,” commented Brinlon, “Reminds me of you back before… you know.”

“I wasn’t that bad, was I?” replied Kev-Mas, with a slight whine.

“Just about,” replied Vosk, “Just about...”

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Chapter 3
    Thyrsus, Colcha Stronghold, Training Center
    25:6:8 (10 ABY)
    0908 hours

Leonias was dressed in grey robes inside a large empty room, sitting cross-legged with his eyes closed. Kev-Mas stood nearby and kept watch, his glowing silver eyes gazing down upon his student.

“Focus your thoughts upon your current short-term goals,” instructed Kev-Mas calmly, with a confident tone in his voice, “Visualise yourself accomplishing them, and the steps you will need to take in order to get there. Let the Force give you the clarity you need.”

“I want to be able to control my powers,” replied Leonias, his eyes still closed, “But it seems so difficult to do. So impossible.”

Kev-Mas shook his head.

“No, not impossible. Far from it, even. It is a good place for you to start though, because it is the easiest task for you to achieve right now. Believe in yourself. Focus on the end goal, and the Force shall guide you.”

“Yes, Father. I will try.”

“How will you try?”

“What do you mean?”

“To try, either means to make strides towards ensuring your success, or to wander about aimlessly after already accepting failure and attempt to hide that shame. I would hope that you already know which path you should choose.”

Leonias then nodded, and continued to meditate.

- 2 hours later -

Leonias again sat cross-legged in the same large empty room, while Kev-Mas kept watch. However, this time there were five black stones surrounding the young boy.

“Focus on the stones,” instructed Kev-Mas, “Remember that the Force flows through them, just as it flows through you and I, and everything else around us. Focus on that connection, and visualize the stones in a different place. The Force is your ally. Call upon it to assist you.”

Leonias then struggled for a few moments, and then finally the stones started to move, floating in the air and then falling to a different location, clustered more closely together in front of the young boy.

“Very good!” applauded Kev-Mas.

Leonias shook his head “No, not quite.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was aiming for a different arrangement. I wanted to stack them on top of one another. Like the blocks back at the orphanage.”

If Kev-Mas’ cybernetic eyes could allow him to make a wide eyed expression, they would. Instead, he just smirked, expressing approval.

“It seems you took what I had said earlier to heart. While perfectionism is an honorable trait to have, do not let it discourage you. You just made a minor victory here in your battle to achieve your end goal. Do not despair just because it isn’t what you initially intended to achieve. Instead, celebrate because you are now one step closer to accomplishing your goals.”

“Oh. Well thank you. What is my lessons for tomorrow?”

“Computers. You remember the pilot on the ship we took here, right?”

“You mean the weird cyborg dude with the mecha kitty?”

“Erm… yes. His name is Norin Durame. He’s one of the Republic’s most talented slicers, and he’s offered to be your instructor. This is quite the opportunity, so I expect you to be on your best behavior.”

“Yes, Father. I will make strides towards ensuring my success.”

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Chapter 4
    Thyrsus, Colcha Stronghold, Datacenter
    25:6:9 (10 ABY)
    0903 hours

The cyborg known as Norin Durame stood at the front of the datacenter pointing to a holographic projector at the center of the room, which was flanked by several computer access terminals forming a half circle with the base facing where Norin stood. There was an animated graphic of some sort coming from the holoprojector, and it could be assumed that it was a presentation Norin was giving.

“Your first lesson with me will be the application of Social Engineering in regards to Electronic Security,” said Norin, waving a prosthetic finger at the display, which transitioned to another animation.

“Social Engineering, is the act of using psychological manipulation of people into performing actions or divulging confidential information. This is commonly used in espionage and gathering of intelligence in a more direct form in order to bait the enemy into revealing critical information. However, it is also the most effective way of gaining access to enemy computer systems, and far easier than brute force attacks and most certainly easier than getting the enemy to reveal the information we seek directly. Why do you think that is?”

“It’s sneakier?”

“Yes, but exactly how is it sneakier? The answer lies in the fact that when you take a more indirect approach, the enemy is less likely to decipher what it is you seek to accomplish, until it’s too late.”

Norin then waved his hand, and the holoprojector changed once again.

“This technique isn’t just applied offensively, however. It is also critical knowledge to have when hardening the security on your own databanks. If there is knowledge you can use against the enemy, that knowledge can also be used against you. This is how the Empire fell. They underestimated the Rebellion, and didn’t dare try to entertain the thought that the very technological advancements that allowed them to hold an iron grip on the Galaxy could be stolen and used against them, or that there could be enough information gathered on them to discover a weakness.”

“Did you fight in the Galactic Civil War?”

“Fight? No. While I can hold a blaster and two more can pop out of my arms, I’m not much good in a fight. I most certainly did serve, however. In war, talented individuals of all varieties have something to contribute. My contributions were mainly centered around my ability to use a computer, and my ability to use a computer to gather and distribute information. I served aboard the Redemption in the Battle of Endor as an Electronics Warfare Officer. So, if your definition of “fight” is broad enough to include “serve in some capacity on a battlefield”, then yes, I most certa--”

“Ehh… Good enough.”

“Alright. Now let's go over some social engineering techniques.”

Norin then once again waved his prosthetic hand at the holographic image, and it changed once again.

“First, we have baiting. Baiting is where the enemy is provided access to electronic media such as a datadisk, taking advantage of curiosity. In certain other cases, it might even be disguised as a forgery of legitimate data scheduled to be delivered to the enemy. In this case, information needs to be acquired about various different things, such as when the handoff will be taking place and who will be making said handoff. From there, we can take action, by either seeking out the individual set to deliver the data and swapping the legitimate data with a forgery, or beating them to the handoff, and delivering the forgery before the legitimate data can be delivered. That is the scenario that you will be going through today in your simulation. Any questions?”

“Why do you talk like a protocol droid?”

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Chapter 5
    Nomad Son, Yavin system, Orbiting Yavin IV
    25:7:10 (10 ABY)
    1442 hours

Kev-Mas and Leonias sat inside the crew quarters aboard the YV-560 light freighter. Leonias was wearing a suit of armor similar to Kev-Mas’ this time, except with a silver cape instead of a black one, and he had Kev-Mas’ old Emperor’s Shadow Guard saber pike attached to his back. The two were looking out the window on the edge of the room that was currently overlooking the gas giant of Yavin and its many moons.

“It’s about time Luke called in that favor I owe him,” commented Kev-Mas, “It has been 6 years since he saved my life back on Utapau.”

“You’re friends with Luke Skywalker?!” asked Leonias in shock, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You forgot to mention that he saved my ass that day too. Definitely glad that we met him after we left the Empire. Otherwise we may very well not be alive today,” commented Vosk as he peered in through the doorway, “Anyways, Norin told me to let you guys know that we should be landing at the Jedi Praxeum pretty soon here, so get ready.”

Grand Audience Chamber, Jedi Praxeum, Yavin IV
    25:7:10 (10 ABY)
    1513 hours

Kev-Mas and Leonias walked down the long hall of the Grand Audience Chamber, approaching the man known as Luke Skywalker at the end.

“It’s about time you called upon that favor I owed you,” began Kev-Mas, giving Luke a slight smirk, “Still, you’ve got an entire Jedi order at your disposal. You must be pretty desperate to come to me for help.”

“Quite the contrary, actually,” replied Luke, returning the smile, “You have expertise few of us have. You’re an ex-Imperial, and for this problem that we need fixing currently that’s exactly the kind of person we need.”

As Kev-Mas and Leonias finally reached Luke, Kev-Mas stopped and looked around.

“I’m sure you have other ex-Imperials handy, don’t you?”

“That’s true, we do. We even have another former Emperor’s Hand at our disposal. But she’s currently busy and the other ex-Imperials don’t quite match the same level of esteem that you had while in the service of the Empire. Then also, you do owe me, after all.”

“Alright, so what exactly do you need?”

“We’re currently dealing with a bit of an issue involving some Dark Jedi aligned with the Imperial Remnant trying to resurrect the spirit of Marka Ragnos. We are gathering all available Jedi for an assault on Korriban, where we have learned these cultists are gathering.”

“I’m not exactly a Jedi, you know...”

“Yes, but you’re close enough, and you know the Dark side better than any of the Jedi that will be present in the battle. I want you to accompany the main battle group, and fight alongside Jedi once again.”

Luke paused, and then continued, winking at the end.

“It’ll be just like that day back on Utapau, except with even more Jedi.”

“Heh. I’ll do it, as long as my son comes with me. I’ve been training him for quite some time, and this would be a good field test of his abilities.”

“Isn’t he a little young?”

“He may be young, but he’s also Echani. Echani are bred to be warriors. Taught how to hold a sword before they even know how to walk. And Leonias here… well… let’s just say he’s no pushover. He’s strong in the Force, and a spitting image of myself. Even if we’re not related by blood.”

Valley of the Dark Lords, Korriban
    25:7:11 (10 ABY)
    1724 hours

Luke Skywalker made the right choice when asking Kev-Mas to assist in the battle, and the evidence as to why was as clear as the pile of dead Reborn that lay beneath the former Emperor’s Hand’s feet.

Leonias wasn’t doing too bad either. Despite his young age, his ferocity in battle was already starting to become increasingly evident. Taking advantage of the fact that his enemies were less likely to take him seriously due to his young age, as well as the reach of his hand-me-down saber pike, Leonias charged headlong into the fray, impaling several Dark Jedi and tossing them aside like ragdolls as Kev-Mas watched over him, periodically putting a protective bubble over his apprentice to shield him from incoming bursts of electrical Force energy that he was unable to deflect himself, and using the Force to crush any others who snuck up on him into limp piles of flesh.

Working in tandem as a team, the father and son pair managed to deal a crippling offensive blow to the Disciples of Ragnos. Leonias had proven himself as effective in battle with just a couple months of training, and Kev-Mas was pleased.

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Chapter 6
    Thyrsus, Colcha Stronghold, Hangar Bay
    22:1:2 (14 ABY)
    1001 hours

Kev-Mas stood in front of a slightly older, 10 year old Leonias, this time standing a fair bit taller than he did before at about 6 feet tall. Due to Echani physiology, he looked to be aged similarly to a human adolescent. The two were surrounded by a busy hangar bay atmosphere, as work crews were focused on preparing a couple of fighters for launch.

“Alright Leonias,” said Kev-Mas, with a slight bit of reluctance in his tone of voice, “You really want to know where I’ve been going off to in the past few years?”

“Yes, father,” said Leonias, “I don’t much appreciate being left in the dark about things. I understand that you probably think it might be something you need to prote-”

Kev-Mas cut him off.

“Well, I think you’re ready to know the truth. You’re right, I was trying to protect you. But now you’ve proven yourself capable of dealing with it. You’ve proven yourself capable of helping me with what I’ve been doing.”

“Is it about the Sun Guard?”

“You’re on the right track, and your instincts serve you well. But no, it’s about what we must do to ensure that what we’re doing with the Sun Guard succeeds. You see, I’m helping an old… friend of mine to help hide them.”

As Kev-Mas mentioned his “friend”, he did so with a certain tone of voice that Leonias understood to mean that there was more to what he was saying, and through their bond he realized that he didn’t trust this “friend”.

“What do you mean?”

“You see, this… friend seems to think that the Sun Guard are his to resurrect. So, in his typical overzealous power hungry nature, he usurped my original efforts to revive them, supplanted them with his own twisted ideals, and in the process tainted them with the same stain that I swore to remove.”

“So you mean…”

“He’s a Sith Lord, Leonias. And the very existence of him and his… Shadow Vanguard risks ruining everything I’ve fought for. Every sacrifice I’ve made for the sake of my lifelong goal, to revive the Sun Guard free of the influence of the Sith, usurped by the very shackles I sought to remove.”

“What do we do?”

“We shadow the shadows. We do what I’ve been doing these past few years. Assist him so he doesn’t assume the truth, that I’ve been conspiring against him. All the while, we subtly sabotage his attempts to go public, and keep the shadow vanguard in the shadows.”

Leonias bowed.

“Understood, father.”

“Come on, your fighter has been readied. We need to be at the base in the Unknown Regions before too long, otherwise he might suspect something.”

“I get a fighter?”

“Yes you do,” replied Kev-Mas, pointing to a pitch black TIE Hunter, “The one I used during the war. Quick and nimble, and packs a punch too. It’s actually the fighter I programmed your simulator to use. Your scores speak for themselves, so you’re ready for the real thing.”

“Wow, thank you father. It’s an honor.”

“Don’t thank me with words. Thank me by proving that I made the right decision to trust you with this responsibility.”

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Chapter 7
    Somewhere in the Unknown Regions

21:10:8 (14 ABY)
    1542 hours

Leonias and Kev-Mas’ TIEs were traveling through hyperspace, when suddenly they were pulled out.

“Argh! Not again!” complained Leonias as the two Fighters moved into a defensive formation as they scanned for incoming enemies, “But how’d they pull us out without an interdictor?”

“Gravity mines, that’s how,” informed Kev-Mas, “Be thankful for that by the way. It means we’re not gonna have to bother with anything more than a dog fight to get out of here.”

“Speaking of dog fights,” replied Leonias as the s-foils of his TIE Hunter switched to attack position, “We’ve got incoming clawcraft!”

“Alright Leonias,” instructed Kev-Mas over a telepathic link, switching off his comms as his TIE Defender’s cloaking device activated, “lets do the meld for this one. Just like we practiced.”

It worked wonderfully. While the stygium cloak aboard Kev-Mas’ TIE Defender managed to hide him from absolutely every scan imaginable, even visual scans, the Force connection through the meld allowed Leonias to sense exactly where he was.

Leonias used these senses to lure a Clawcraft into the sights of Kev-Mas’ TIE Defender, activating his own cloak as his father’s ship decloaked and fired a volley at the enemy ship. It erupted into a burst of flame, and Kev-Mas re-engaged his cloaking device as Leonias disengaged his.

This cycle repeated itself continuously until the last Clawcraft was eliminated. It was a brilliant strategy that the two had been practicing in the simulators for the past few months now, refining it to perfection. It took advantage of all the resources they had available in a dogfight. Obviously, their ability to use the Force to form mind melds and the cloaking devices present on their ships, but also he maneuverability and speed of Leonias’ TIE Hunter and the offensive capabilities of Kev-Mas’ TIE Defender. This was the first time they had actually used the strategy in actual combat, but it turned out to work just as effectively as it did in the simulations.

“Good work, Leonias,” congratulated Kev-Mas, “See what happens when you follow instructions?”

“Yeah I know, I know,” sighed Leonias, “but for once I’d like to be able to come up with my own strategy.”

“Be patient, the time will come eventually. Now let’s take out those gravity mines and continue on towards Thyrsus.”

“Thyrsus? Shouldn’t we go back and warn the Vanguard of the increasing Empire of the Hand activity?”

“Remember what I said about sabotaging Victus’ attempts to go public? Withholding information like this from the Vanguard is all part of the plan.”