main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Son of Unveiled Secrets." AU Drama. Obi-Wan, L/M. Chapter #43 Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jun 24, 2013.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Yay! It's back! And I truly hope you are feeling better.

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Wonderful chapter! I loved Luke and Mara reminiscing and that sweet little story. Aww at protective little Luke.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very sweet update...but you just had to break the mood with a darksider.[face_shame_on_you]

Falcon likes this.
  4. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Such a happy scene, and then...the dark side![face_nail_biting]I wonder who it is that Luke is sensing?

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Does this mean Leia is on their trail or is it daddy dearest? More soon

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks y'all for reading and special thanks to Falcon, JediMaster_Jen, Jedi_Lover, JadeLotus, divapilot, Nyota's Heart, bkwrm75203 and Random Comments for posting!

XXX

CHAPTER #43

Leia…

“What did you call me?”

Ben noticed a flicker of emotion flash across the girl’s face. The clipped Coruscanti accent sounded so foreign on her tongue. “Leia. It’s your name. Leia Organa.”

She hesitated, dropping her arm to her side along with her saber. Leia blinked several times as if trying to focus.

“Think back, child.”

Immediately she locked eyes with Ben, pointing her weapon at him. “My name is Sadice Cyn.”

Ben shook his head, advancing towards her. “No, child. Your name is Leia Organa.”

“I don’t know what game you are playing, but it will not work.”

Somehow he had to get through to her. Luke’s twin sister—alive! “It’s going to be all right, child. My name is B—Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’ve been missing for a tad over fifteen years. I believe that your memory has somehow been altered, perhaps through the Dark Side of the Force. Do you recall anything from your early years, Leia?”

“Stop calling me that!”

“I was there when you were born on Polis Massa.” He paused, deactivating his lightsaber and slipping it back into the thigh pocket of his fight suit. “I was the first person to hold you, Leia, and placed you into the arms of your adoptive father.”

Leia’s brows drew together, her mouth falling open. “No… I was found on the lower levels of Coruscant by Lord Vader.”

“No, Leia.” Ben took one more step in her direction, his hands open. “You were on your father’s ship, heading home to Alderaan when you must have been taken from him.”

“My parents abandoned me!”

“That’s what the Emperor wishes you to believe.”

Leia grimaced, rubbing a hand across her forehead.

“Are you in pain, child?”

“That is none of your concern!” She took a step back, turning away from him.

There might just be vestiges of her memory still accessible, he had to keep trying, perhaps just a shadow of a doubt was all that was needed. Ben watched as she muttered to herself, stealing glances at him as she paced the edge of the clearing. It was almost as if she were carrying on a conversation with someone. What had they done to her? He approached cautiously. “Look at me, Leia.”

She froze, pointing her saber at him. “Stay back!”

“I just want to talk.”

“No!”

Ben sighed. “You look so much like your mother.” Ben resisted the smile tugging at his lips as a sudden eagerness lit her face. “Same dark hair and eyes, same fine-boned facial features. At her death, you were adopted by the Queen of Alderaan and her husband. She will be overjoyed to know you are alive. When your father’s ship was destroyed…we thought you were dead.”

“You will be!” Leia leapt the short distance with her saber swinging for Ben’s head.

At the last minute he rolled under her, retrieving his lightsaber and snapping it up in defense. His weapon crashed against hers, pushing her back. She was strong, but no match for a Jedi Master. At least not yet. “You were raised as a princess in the royal house of Alderaan.”

Leia stalked to his right, whipping her weapon in front of her. “I was raised in the Imperial Palace under the tutelage of the Emperor.” She sprang forward and stabbed towards Ben’s abdomen.

He sidestepped her thrust and Force pushed her a couple meters back. Her frustration flowed through the Force, along with another futile attempt to injure him head on. “You were born on 16:5:24, the day of the Jedi Purge.”

“Shut up!” She slashed wildly at Ben, out of control and easily parried.

“Your adoptive father’s name was Bale Organa.” He Force pushed her again, this time catching her off balance. “Your adoptive mother was Queen Breha Organa.”

She landed onto the ground her eyes wide. Pulling herself up, she stood panting and pointed her weapon at him again. “I have no mother or father!”

“Oh, Leia…what have they done to you?”

Leia’s chin quivered at his words, her hands trembling. She turned and fled towards the city.

Ben took off after her. She was fast, using the Force to increase her speed, but he’d catch up in a few more strides. As he rounded a large hill, he paused and then stopped. Stars above, why is nothing easy? Ten meters away stood the girl and at least a couple squads of Imperial foot soldiers.

“Halt!”

He had no intention of doing so. Drawing again on the Force, he dashed across the hill and returned to the forest. No time to get back to his ship and off planet. Passing the X-Wing debris field, he circled around and headed back east. He’d swing around the soldiers and enter the city that way. Night had finally settled in and Ben needed a place to hold up until dawn.

XXXXX

“Do you think we should confront them?”

Luke sat considering Mara’s words. For all his training, he’d never spared against another Force sensitive except Ben and his sister, with a few bouts with Nadya. He knew he was well-trained, had been told by Ben how powerful he and Mara were and yet…

“What are you thinking?”

He gazed down into the luminous, pale face of the girl next to him. “For all we know, this person has been sent specifically to find us.” Luke took in the bruised circles under Mara’s eyes and sensed her extreme fatigue. “Neither one of us are at full capacity right now. I think our best bet is to put you in a healing trance, tuck in for the night and wait until dawn to hike out to your ship.”

Mara frowned. “Is this person near?”

Luke closed his eyes, reaching out with the Force. “No…and I don’t sense any awareness of us…” He grimaced.

“What?”

He sniffed, running a hand over his face. “It’s kind of weird. The signature feels like such a contradiction.”

Mara leaned back into his chest, stifling a yawn with her hand. “How?”

“I don’t know.” Luke shifted back into a reclining position with Mara nestled into his side. “Almost familiar, but foreign at the same time.” He watched as the poor girl’s eyes fluttered to a close. Placing his hand on her forehead, he breathed her trigger phrase into her ear and watched her face relax. He Force pulled the blanket around them and took a long cleansing breath.

He was exhausted himself, but decided to wait a bit before he’d let sleep take him. He found himself, once again, running his fingers through Mara’s long red-gold hair. It was a miracle they’d made it this far. Mara was clearly still in shock and not capable of any kind of physical fight. Luke looked down at her stubborn chin and smiled, resisting the urge to run his thumb over it. Still, he wouldn’t bet against her. They’d come through this all right. Then the real healing would begin.

As Luke’s eyes closed he felt something tickle at the back of his consciousness—a warm presence, blazing in the Force and instantly recognizable. He smiled, pulling Mara close. Somewhere on this Star-forsaken planet was his uncle and Luke would bet his last ration bar that he was not happy.

XXXXX

Ben made it into the city proper and found an unoccupied tool shop to hole up in. He had no idea what time the owner would show up in the morning, but imagined he would be able to catch a few winks at any rate. Striding towards the back, he found a room with a rather dismal refresher and an antiquated cot. “Just like home,” he murmured. After a quick ‘fresher visit, he slipped onto the cot and pulled his robe around him. The Imperials had probably found his ship by now, destroying it as they had Luke’s. It was time for a new astromech anyway. The old one was getting much too glitchy.

He resisted the temptation to reach out with the Force towards his children, concerned that with his turbulent emotions, he might make contact with Leia instead. “Leia…” This certainly changed some things. How in the seven bowels of Borelli had Palpatine kept her a secret all these years? Ben turned over onto his side, staring at the cob-webbed wall. And just what in blazes was a Hand? The girl emitted a Dark Side stench that had turned his stomach. Was she capable of coming back to the Light Side or was it too late? If only he had another experienced Jedi to talk to. For the first time in many years, he wondered what Master Yoda might have counselled—if the old buzzard was still even talking to him. He had strayed a tad from their original plan. “Yeah, right, Kenobi,” he laughed. Ben closed his eyes, allowing the strain of the day’s shock to flow into the Force.

XXXXX

“I want him found immediately!” Sadice Cyn barked at the squad of ten Imperial Troopers before her.

“Lady Cyn, that’s not possible,” said the squad leader. “Night has fallen and our sensors do not even pick up any life forms in the immediate area.”

Sadice bristled. “I’ll have none of your excuses Lieutenant Brin. Find the Jedi now!”

Brin retreated a step and then folded his hands behind his back. “I’m afraid I won’t be able to comply, miss.”

Why was it always the officers who refused to accept her authority? She’d managed to intimidate most Imperial underlings, but Brin and his ilk never seemed to take her seriously. Sadice closed the gap between them, firing up her lightsaber. “You will obey my commands, Lieutenant, or you will suffer the consequences.”

The officer actually smirked as he stood his ground. “On the contrary, my lady. I am under strict orders not to proceed with your commands.”

Sadice frowned, cursing for the hundredth time her short stature. “On whose authority?”

Brin smiled, pausing as if to taunt her. “Lord Vader’s, my lady.” The man glanced at his chrono and then back down into her face. “He should be on planet within the hour.”

...to be continued.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I think Obi-Wan made more headway than he realizes perhaps unconsciusly at this point. Luke's tenderness towards Mara -- is it less that of a brother yet? [face_laugh] Final bit of news there: =D= well, Vader's arrival should intensify matters somewhat. :cool:

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Daddy's coming and both twins are on planet? eagerly awaiting more

9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Oh, so much heartache in this chapter! Loved Ben and Leia's confrontation and his sadness at what they'd done to Lei, but also his gentleness with her. And Luke feeling her familiarity but difference.

10. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I could comment with something intelligent and meaningful...
    Nah, who am I kidding, you've done it again!
    Aaaahhhhhhhhh! *brain melts*

11. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Love this story! It is so wonderful to see so many talented authors that I kept up with from the "old days" and so many new talented authors that keep things interesting and fun. Just want to dance !. Super job Jade Pilot and please put me on your PM list. Thanks.

12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    uh oh. I sense an imminent confrontation. I hope it goes better between Vader and Obi-Wan than it did on the Death Star. There is a convergence of Jedi in the offing.

13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, boy. The shavit is about to hit the fan. Everyone is converging. I can't wait to see what goes down. I love how Luke felt Leia's familiarity in the Force. His rightful sister. He's still got one too many of those!! ;)

I hope you're doing well, lady. Miss you!!!! [:D]

14. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Uh oh...here comes Daddy! [face_laugh]

What a powerful conversation between Ben and Leia, though. And Luke sensing her? This is gonna get dicey. Love it!!

15. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I am loving this fic. I love Daddy!Ben, and Mara and Luke as pseudo-siblings-yet-not-quite is odd, but quite entertaining. Can't wait for more!

16. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Chapter 41

The various character relationships among the Rebels are a treat; somehow the Cracken/Kenobi feud makes perfect sense given what little I remember of Cracken. And I've gotten to be very fond of Nadya Saer. Her wanting to go along and help and Obi-Wan's reluctance seemed very realistic -- she has just enough practice to want to stretch her wings and not enough to gauge the danger.

Loved the introduction of the Emperor's Hand. You had me fooled for a long time; I thought she had really died. This will be interesting... :D

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Placing a big bump on this amazing thread. [face_batting] @};- [:D]

18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    need update fix. you left such a huge cliff and you haven't updated in almost two months? How could you :_|

:p

Chyntuck and Nyota's Heart like this.
  19. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I second that.

Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  20. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Many thanks to those nominating this story for Best Epic. I also appreciate your patience. It will be finished, I promise!

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The awards this year are tighter than they've been since I registered! Factoid! [face_dancing] =D= =D=

22. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    That was an absolutely well-deserved nomination, JP! (or rather two noms :p) I for one will wait as long as I have to in order to find out what happens next [:D]

Jade_Pilot and Nyota's Heart like this.
  23. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    I KNEW IT! I KRIFFING KNEW LEIA WAS STILL ALIVE!! [face_dancing]Only now she's the kriffing Emperor's Hand... or is she? It seemed Ben was getting through to her a little bit, reminding her of her early childhood...

“On the contrary, my lady. I am under strict orders not to proceed with your commands.”

Sadice frowned, cursing for the hundredth time her short stature. “On whose authority?”

Brin smiled, pausing as if to taunt her. “Lord Vader’s, my lady.” The man glanced at his chrono and then back down into her face. “He should be on planet within the hour.”

Oh, by all means! Things aren't complicated enough, so let's add the High Idiot himself to the mix! :oops:

This is such a great story! I've loved every minute of it! I'm hoping the Naberries left behind on Naboo are okay though. Last thing one wants to hear is that some harm has befallen Sola, Jobal, and Ruwee because someone decided to be ambitious and stupid. *frets*

Thanks so much for sharing! :)

24. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This had me roaring with laughter --- it was like the first version of Mara snark.

Another cute moment of snark -- Mara not wanting to get up yet and her reply is a grunt from beneath the pillow.

They are now 17 and I thought darn, Luke - kiss her!

Well what I have read is fantastic (almost all in one sitting) - but I didn't realize that is was not completed. OMG what a cliffie. You have to get L/M really together --- the hammock cuddle is nice but it has to be more.

Please add me into the tag list.

Jade_Pilot and Nyota's Heart like this.
  25. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Any hope for future updates?