main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Son of Unveiled Secrets." AU Drama. Obi-Wan, L/M. Chapter #43 Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jun 24, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    *gulp* The parting was necessary of course, but so sad!!!! Especially between Ben and Sola and Luke and his grandparents. I am glad they are with the Rebels and safe, but :eek: Ben should have married Sola. :p =D= =D=

2. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    ...I have no words. =D=

Wait...did Mara leave the ship before takeoff?!

Kenobi, your timing in relationships has always been impeccable.

Mon Mothma!

...actually, I think those were words.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Wait a second...where did Mara go?

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh my! I figured she was just avoiding Luke when she vanished or the focus of action shifted. Hmmm. Mara's up to something again [face_dancing]

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Where is Mara? Hmmm..I'm sure she's okay. She doesn't make rash decisions, right? [face_worried]

6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Obi kisses are my reason for living!! And he got a couple little ones! He needs more. So so sad they had to separate :(

Jade_Pilot and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    what an ending to this chapter, looking forward to more :D

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Where do you think she went?

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Knowing Mara, she went to clean up some loose ends. Great chapter. I love woozy Obi-wan.

10. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    To take care of the people who messed with Obi-Wan, I'd imagine,

11. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    Honestly...I don't know. Maybe she really had some unfinished business. Maybe she decided to stay behing for her own reasons.

12. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    But if Mara had left, wouldn't Luke have sensed her absence? Would he really leave without her? Remember her words to him in the cockpit.

13. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I, too, think Mara's snuck off somewhere. It sure would be a nice, convenient way to keep them apart for a few years. I actually daydreamed this plot point last night if you want to know moar. [face_laugh]

I'm worried for the Naberries, too.[face_nail_biting]Sure, Obi-Wan and the kids are gone, but does that mean the rest are automatically out of danger? But I adore Sola's declaration of waiting, and of the first appearance of Mon Mothma! And she recognized him!!

ginchy and Jade_Pilot like this.
  14. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Force cloaking? He doesn't care? That time travel power thingy Caedus used in the books?

15. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    [face_laugh]

16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Well THAT was a roller-coaster, lady. And such a well written one. But...where's Mara?? And Obi-Wan's declarations to Sola were breaking my heart. Luckily I am made of tougher stuff than Padme (and haven't been force choked yet today...and am not giving birth to twins, thank the Force) so I should survive the night. ;) Excellent update--moar, please!!! [:D]

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  17. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks for hanging in there with me and I so appreciate your comments: ginchy lee, Random Comments, taramidala, demendora, divapilot, Falcon, Nyota's Heart, serendipityaey, Jedi_Lover. I LOVE reading what y'all think and smile at your encouragement! [:D]

XXXXX

CHAPTER #32

Ben gaped at the Alliance leader, glancing around the room.

“No, you’re not on Naboo anymore,” said Mon Mothma, taking a step away from the med-center bed.

“Last thing I remember was….” His brows knit together in concentration. “Where are my children?”

“Also safe.” Mothma spoke quietly into her comm. unit and then turned back to him. “Luke contacted us…well, he contacted Airen Cracken and he arranged a rendezvous near Bonadan. We picked you up and took you straight to our onboard med-center. Your ship is in the docking bay.”

“We’re on a transport?”

“Yes,” Mothma clasped her hands together. “You’ve been in a coma for three days. That was some nasty stuff they gave you.”

Luke burst into the room and threw his arms around Ben. “You’re awake!”

“So it would seem,” said Ben, returning the embrace.

Mothma moved to the exit. “I’ll leave you two alone for a bit.” She turned and left.

“You really had us going for a while, Uncle Ben. Should have seen the stuff they pumped from your stomach.”

Ben chuckled. “A pleasure I’m glad to forgo.” He moved the boy’s bangs from his eyes, noticing the excitement in them. “So, tell me what happened. I don’t remember much.”

Luke pulled the padded chair up next to the bed and dropped into it. “Oh, you mean the part where I saved your keepuna? Or how about how I convinced Cracken we were who we said we were. Stang, that guy is paranoid.”

“Language, youngling.” He smiled in spite of Luke’s slip. “I do remember being lifted from some kind of contraption…was that you, son?”

“Yep, you were completely out of it.” Luke grinned.

“Did…did you have to kill anyone?”

“I sliced up a lot of weapons and smacked a few heads against the wall, but they’ll live. Oh, and the guy with the eye patch may be wearing two, now.”

Ben began to laugh only to have Luke join in. “It was entirely well deserved, in my opinion,” said Ben. He hoped that was the last they’d see of Captain Typho.

Luke looked down at his folded hands. “I had to make a few executive decisions, too. You took a turn for the worse, Imperials had been alerted to your identity—not sure how that happened. And things with Bree…didn’t go so well.”

Ben locked eyes with his ward. “How so?”

“I made a huge mistake, Uncle Ben,” said Luke, softly. “I told her I was a Jedi.”

“Luke…” groaned Ben.

“I was trying to convince her that I could protect her.”

“And how did that go?”

Luke sighed. “Called me a freak.”

Ben pressed his lips together and sighed. “Guess you forgot all about our original plan to keep a low profile on the Force front, huh?”

Luke shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah…sorry. After all that it seemed like the only option left for us was to join the Rebellion.”

“You could have made far worse decisions, I suppose.” Ben looked from Luke to the door and back. “Where’s Mara?”

Luke stood and shoved both hands into his pockets. “The thing is, Uncle Ben, we had another huge row after we got you into the med-center.”

“Luke…!”

“She started it! I swear, Uncle Ben that girl is pedunky loca.” He folded his arms across his chest. “She even hit me.”

“Hit you?”

“Yeah, hauled off and slapped me right across the face.” Luke leaned over pointing at a spot on his left cheek. “See? Left a mark.”

Ben shook his head. “You mean to tell me you cleared a room full of armed combatants and then allowed a little slip of a girl—barely a meter and a half tall—to hit you?”

Luke’s face colored. “Well, she’s pretty fast.”

“She is at that.” Ben ran a hand over his three-day beard. “So where is she?”

Luke pulled a holo disk from his pocket and handed it to him. “She gave me this to give to you. Said I was not to be present when you played it.” He backed out of the room, pausing at the door. “I never meant for her to leave. I was just so angry at what she did and then she kept insulting me.” Luke ran a hand through his sandy blond hair. “I’m sorry, Uncle Ben. I really am.” He slipped out the room and left.

Ben stared at the small silver disc and felt his throat tighten. Did she leave them for good? Where would she go? Why hadn’t she waited until he’d gained consciousness? He loaded the disc into the datapad on top of the cabinet next to him and pressed play. A holo pic of Mara appeared, hovering over the device:

Hi Uncle Ben,

By the time you get this, I will be with Airen Cracken on his transport in an undisclosed location.

Mara rolled her eyes as she air quoted her last statement.

“You know how I’ve always been good at ‘sneaking around’ as Luke says, well Commander Cracken is starting up a special Rebel Intelligence force and I’ve asked to join. He was skeptical at first, but I was able to convince him of my special abilities and how he could use them.”

Ben’s breath caught and he swallowed hard.

“I think it’s best if Luke and I put a little distance between us for a while. I don’t know when I’ll see you face to face, but we can remain in communication with our comm. units.”

“It’s not all Luke’s fault, Uncle Ben. Please don’t be mad at him…or me. I just need to clear my head and decide what’s best for me. I love you and I’ll always be grateful to you and what you sacrificed to raise me along with sandboy. Take care of him. He’s still such an idiot…”

Mara shook her head and appeared to blink back tears as the recording faded out.

Ben felt his heart break at Mara’s decision. He paused, remembering Jobal’s words that last night as he was leaving to stop Luke:

“Mara’s feelings for Luke are not exactly of a familial nature…”

Was it true? Had he really missed something as huge as that? He thought back to Anakin and Padme and winced. Those memories still caused him pain. And he had certainly missed Bree’s intentions towards Luke, although to be honest the girl does actually seem to love the boy…until she discovered he was a freak. But Mara in love with her pseudo brother? How on Hoth had he missed that? He knew what Sola would say, “Ben Kenobi, you don’t know as much as you think you do!”

Sola…

He hadn’t even been able to say goodbye or tell her…tell her how much he utterly adored her. He had every intention of setting the matter to rights someday, but he had simply run out of time. Ben sighed, dropping his chin to his chest. Stars…it would appear that Luke isn’t the only idiot in the family.

XXXXX

Mara hitched her pack further up her shoulder and glanced again at the flimsy with her room assignment on it. She avoided two pilots tossing helmets down the hall and veered to the right. “112,” she mumbled. “Okay, here we go.” She keyed the door and ducked into the small, poorly light room.

“Hi.”

Mara looked across the quarters to the bottom bunk. A tall, lanky girl with a cap of white-blonde curls rolled off the bed and extended her hand.

“Let me help you.” She grabbed Mara’s large duffel and tossed it up on the top bunk. “Hope you don’t mind. I’m a sleep walker and being on the bottom is a matter of life or death.” The girl smiled, sporting dimples and perfect teeth.

Great…I get the perky roommate. Mara smirked, dropping her pack from her shoulder. “No problem.”

The girl stood watching Mara, curiosity ebbing across her face. “I’m Saphi, by the way. Saphi Collier.” She extended her hand.

Mara took it and tried not to grip too hard. “Mara Jade.”

“Where you from?” asked Shaphi, slipping back onto the bottom bunk. She shoved a pillow behind her head and crossed her legs.

“Here and there.”

The blonde smiled. “Okay. I’ll attempt to keep my inquisitiveness to a minimum.”

Mara tried to make out her accent, but failed. Hope Cracken covers stuff like that in his debriefings.

“I’m just really glad you’re here—another female, I mean. These idiot flyboys can be such a pain, if you know what I mean…”

“I do, actually,” said Mara, warming somewhat to her new roommate. She opened her duffle and began to hang some clothes into the ridiculously tiny closet. “Any idea what time dinner is served?”

“You’re in luck,” said Saphi. She bounced off her bunk and glanced at her chrono. “If we hurry, we can make first seating.”

“Sounds good.” Mara grabbed her jacket and followed the girl out the door. “So how many women are on Cracken’s team?”

Saphi smiled as the door clanged shut. “Two.”

Mara laughed. “We’re it, huh?

“Just you and me, babe. You and me.”

…to be continued.

Gemma and Random Comments like this.
  18. Demendora

Apr 9, 2010
    I am sure there are a lot of boys in Cracken's team, who will really appreciate a woman in Mara. Just wait, Luke will have to stand in line.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I like Mara's roommate. ;) Sheesh. Ben realizes he was an idiot with Sola. Better late than never. :rolleyes: So now we get L/M in separate sitches, so perhaps now the heart will grow fonder. On his end, not hers. [face_laugh]

Gemma and Demendora like this.
  20. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I like Saphi already. Lady, how do you keep coming up with these great ideas? You are amazing!

21. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    I love Saphi! When it first said white-blonde hair I thought it might be Winter, but then...she'd be the real Princess of Alderaan now, wouldn't she? :( I love how you showed the shift in Mara's thinking from "Oh, great" - especially as someone who didn't really grow up around many girls save for the Naberries - to viewing Saphi as someone who could be a friend among all that testosterone.

Luke and Ben's scene was so touching. Ben really has evolved, hasn't he? Even if he doesn't really remember what he said to Sola. [face_laugh] And I felt badly for Luke, too, though the thought of Mara getting up on him in front of a bunch of soldiers is a great image.

And of course Mara's message to Ben broke my heart. Yes, he missed it entirely, and yes, I'm sure he feels like a fool and that he's failed them both, but this separation will be for the best. Luke will learn what he's missing, Mara will get over her hurt, and even though they'll probably run into each other from time to time, they'll come to the inevitable conclusion at some point.

The only thing that I wonder about now, though, is Mara's training. Will she abandon it now that she's in Intel? Or will Ben have to take her away to finish what he began, along with Luke (and forgive me for not remembering if Yoda is still alive or not), on Dagobah?

Love it as always.

Gemma, Jade_Pilot and Nyota's Heart like this.
  22. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Obi-Wan really is an idiot and apparently he's rubbed off on Luke with the love department. More soon

23. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks for your feedback! At this point Luke and Mara are trained Jedi knights. Yoda hmmmmmm...... :)

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    As much as I hate it, I think the time apart is what L/M needs to fulfill their destinies as Jedi and with each other. But that don't mean ginchy has to like it. No sir-ee bob. [face_not_talking] Well.... of course I can't help but LOVE it cause JP wrote it and I loves JP muchly. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] And poor Obi-Wan. Even a Jedi still has a lot to learn!!!

25. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Yep-a-doodle. Love you, ginchy lee!