main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Son of Unveiled Secrets." AU Drama. Obi-Wan, L/M. Chapter #43 Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jun 24, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Awesome post. Luke being a spy could work or it could really backfire because he's really thinking with different parts of his anamtomy when it comes to the Moff's daughter :p ... And I like how Ben pushed Cracken and Nadya - didn't cave into their little 'test.'

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  2. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    oooooh thanks, RC! Good catch.

JP

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    It's a shame, because Geonosis was one of the (bajillion) planets involved in the Death Star's development...but I suppose it makes more sense now.

4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Still enjoying this! Thank you for the messages. :) I really really really hope Sola and Ben get some more time and kiss again - I think it's a brilliant pairing! Would love to see more development there :)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Great update and poor Mara.

Luke being in the Imperial academy? Don't they test for anyone with Force potetional that attempts to join the navy?

More soon

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005

I agree with JL. This is a tricky situation, not to mention everything else that's going on!! Excellent update, lady. You know I am loving it!!!

7. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Jade_Pilot, I am woefully behind once again, but I love where this is going. Poor Mara! I see Jobal's point about how she needs to not "love" her "brother," but...ain't gonna happen, Mrs. Naberrie! [face_laugh] But I ache for Mara, I really do. I'm not sure I believe that Luke-as-a-junior-spy is the brightest of Obi-Wan's ideas, but I'm looking forward to seeing him try! Great work, as always. :)

Nyota's Heart and Jade_Pilot like this.
  8. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Hey everyone! Thanks for reading and your kind words. A special Woo-Hoo to taramidala, ginchy lee, Falcon, serendipityaey, Random Comments, Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart for your encouragement. [:D]

Chapter #27

Sixteen weeks went by with alarming speed. Luke applied and was accepted into the Imperial Academy, moved into the dorm and got right into his studies. Mara raised an eyebrow, but no one thought it odd. All the cadets lived on campus. At least he was still on Naboo.

Mara went straight into the Naboo Air Force Academy. It, being much smaller, had no dorm of its own. Students lived at home and commuted to campus weekdays. She checked the recording app from her datapad daily, but so far not much had gone on in the Daquan's library except for a short tryst between what she perceived as the butler and one of the maids. She scolded herself on the short-sidedness of putting the bugs there and not in some other room.

"Mara," called Jobal from the kitchen.

Mara dropped her datapad onto her bed and jogged to the dining area. "Yes, Nani?"

"Set the table for me, won't you? Luke will be here soon and I'm trying to get this nerf steak ready in time."

"Of course." Mara grabbed the cutlery and napkins. "Where are Pooja and Ryoo?"

Jobal tucked a loose curl behind her ear. "They've gone with Ben and Sola to get the tree. They should be back any minute. Can you believe it's already Winter Solstice? Where did the time go? How were your exams, dear?"

"Moderately easy," said Mara. She folded a few napkins, laying them on the table. "Next semester we finally get to fly something. Of course I'm sure Luke will have already gotten into several cockpits at this point."

"Don't forget the table cloth, dear."

Mara paused, then removed the napkins from the table. "He's probably seeing Abrianna Daquan every chance he gets." She waited for a response. "Yep, probably sinking further and further into her diabolical Imperial trap." Mara huffed and glared at Jobal's back. "There's a rumor floating around that Luke has become the new Moff on Dantooine, but will only work with Force sensitive Gungans."

"That's nice, dear," said Jobal. She pulled the root vegetables from the cooling unit and began to rinse them.

Mara shook her head and laid the rest of the cutlery on the table. "I'm sure Luke appreciates your support…"

"What support?"

Mara turned and saw Luke standing in the foyer.

He dropped his bag near the door and swooped her up in his arms. "Hey cheeka, how you doing?"

Mara's breath caught in her throat as he whirled her around. Stars above, he looked different. His hair was sheared in a military cut setting off his cheekbones and large blue eyes. As he put her down, she noticed the new width in his shoulders that wasn't there before. The cadet uniform hugged his waist and showcased his broad chest. He looked wonderful.

“Hey, yourself.” She smiled, in spite of herself. “You’ve changed and in only four months.”

"They keep us hopping at the academy."

"Luke," cried Jobal. She untied her apron and dropped it on the table.

Luke enveloped the tiny woman and kissed her cheek.

"You've gotten taller," said Jobal.

"Only a couple inches," said Luke. "I'll always be on the short side, but that's perfect for piloting." He smiled at both women and then wrapped his other arm around Mara.

"It's so good to be home."

"Careful, sandboy," said Mara. "It's almost as if you missed us insignificant country folk."

He laughed and released the women in favor of a platter of cinnamon flatbread. "Well, I certainly missed your cooking, Nani."

Mara watched as Luke stuffed two pastries into his mouth while Jobal beamed at him.

"It sure has been quiet with you at the academy," said Jobal. She picked up her apron and re-tied it around her waist.

"And there's been a lot of extra food since you've been gone," said Mara. She smiled, snitching a flatbread for herself.

"Out, you two. I have plenty to get done before the others get back with the decorations," said Jobal. She wrapped the tube veggies and placed them in the interior cooker.

Luke looked over at Mara and signaled towards the backyard. Together they slipped out the door, heading to the gazebo.

Luke sat down first in a lounger, stretching his legs out in front of him. "It is good to be back near the lake."

"How much do you love the academy?" Mara sat across from him, drinking in the sight of him.

"It's fantastic. Top of my class." He grinned and flexed his eyebrows at her. "I've flown every kind of TIE there is—"

"Even an Interceptor?"

He nodded.

Mara leaned forward. "What's the max speed?"

"Somewhere in the vicinity of 4,240 Gs."

"You're kidding!"

"Nope!" Luke's grin was close to splitting his face.

Mara rolled her eyes. "Lucky stupa." She looked away, pressing her lips together.

"But that's not even the best part…"

"What?"

"I actually got to fly an honest to goodness Incom T-65 X-Wing."

Mara barked out a laugh. "You are so full of it."

"I'm serious." Luke sat up, his eyes gleaming. "The academy picked one up after a raid out of Bonadan. Mara, it's the sweetest ride I've ever experienced." He paused as he looked down smiling. "Have you ever felt….I mean, it's like I was meant to fly one of these things. I'd never flown one before, but it just came to me as naturally as breathing. The speed is awesome and the maneuverability is sick. Stars, I can't wait to get back into it!"

"I'm glad for you, Luke." Mara crossed her legs and tucked her hands under her arms.

He shook his head. "I'm sorry, cheeka. I get so caught up when I talk about flying—how was your semester?"

"It was okay. A tad slower than the Imperial Academy." She smiled, twisting her lips. "Perhaps I should've applied there after all." She noticed the sudden frown on Luke's face.

"What?"

He sighed. "Well, turns out you wouldn't have been accepted anyway."

"Why?"

"The Empire is not what you would call an equal opportunity employer. Women are forbidden to attend the academy."

"But that's just….that's just—"

"I know!"

"—ridiculous!" Mara huffed and began pacing. "One of these days I'm going to show them how wrong their archaic, chauvinist belief system is!'

Luke cocked his head. "I absolutely believe you."

Mara felt her face flush with heat. "Well, as long as you don't buy into this poodoo."

"No way." Luke laughed. "You'd fly circles around these guys."

"Kriffing right, I would."

"Luke….Mara….it's time for dinner!" Jobal called from the back door.

Luke stood, wrapping an arm around Mara's neck. "Someday, cheeka, it'll be you and me flying X-Wings against the Empire."

Mara found herself snuggling closer, hoping that day would not be too far from now.

XXXXX

Dinner was a celebratory event. Lots of food and laughter. Mara noticed how Ben silently watched the goings on with a contended smile on his face. Would he ever decide to go against the prehistoric Jedi Code and court Sola? Well, he had been busy passing information to Cracken. Seems the reluctant rebel was finally ready to accept their help. Pooja picked right up where she left off, putting her cousin through a horrendous amount of teasing. Luke took it well. Mara even imagined he liked the attention. Ryoo told everyone about a boy she had met. Ruwee, on the other hand, did not seem so pleased.

It was like it'd always been with her family. Perhaps Mara had been wrong about Daquan's designs on Luke. From what she could gather, most of his time was spent studying and participating in the rigorous physical curriculum the Imperials inflicted upon its cadets. As the men cleared the table, Mara slipped into her room to get the decorations for the tree that she had collected over the years. She glanced down at her datapad and froze.

A red light was blinking, indicating the bug she'd planted at the Daquan's home had recorded something. Dropping onto her bed, she pressed the play button and heard the deep baritone voice of Moff Daquan…

...to be continued.

Gemma and Random Comments like this.
  9. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Okay, I'll be the first to jump on a review this time.

THAT WAS ADORABLE. What chemistry! Did Luke feel something, too? I sure hope so!! :D

And, honestly, show of hands: who'd kill to for a picture of babeh Luke in a military uniform? Anyone??

But oh dear oh dear, what is up with the Moff? That doesn't bode well. :( Get him, Mara!

Brilliant.

Gemma likes this.
  10. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    ME ME PICK ME!!!!!!!

And yes, loving the update. L/M are so perfect--the Force has a strange sense of humor here. LOL I love all the flying talk. Just awesome.

Gemma likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Love the warm, teasing, comfy banter between L&M. And sheesh but he sounds amazing! LOL If Mara has changed in the same kind of way in four months, since they were not living under the same roof, Luke is doubtless in a position to notice Mara has 'grown up nice.' [face_laugh] Intrigued by what Mara has recorded but I'm very glad incidentally that Luke hasn't been brainwashed by the Daquans and/or isn't engaged to the Moff's daughter :p (And Ben really needs to get with the program and marry Sola, already!) :rolleyes:

Gemma likes this.
  12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. I like the banter between Luke and Mara. Military Luke sounds hot!

Gemma likes this.
  13. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks to those who are hanging in there with this story! Hold on, it's about to go astral!

Jedi_Lover: yep, soooo hot! Thanks for reading and commenting.

Nyota's Heart: l/M are all about the banter! :) thanks.

ginchy lee: of course Luke would pick you! ;)

Taramidala: thank you! We need some fan art of Luke in uniform. :)

Gemma likes this.
  14. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    CHAPTER #28

Mara rubbed her forehead with the heel of her hand and sighed. She was right. From the very beginning, she’d been right about Daquan and his daughter and their plans. It still bothered her that Ben had been so dismissive towards her and Luke had been so….naive. Mara shook her head, closing her eyes. The tough part was going to be watching Luke’s heart completely break when he heard the truth. He was just so blasted trusting. She stood, resting her hand on her hips. But he’d come through it and she’d be right there helping him. Regardless of what kind of feelings he has for Bree, as soon as he heard the recording things would change. Mara padded to the door and turned the knob.

XXXXX

Ben felt Mara’s whirling emotions as she entered the dining room. He looked into her face, but her green eyes darted away.

“Uncle Ben, may I talk to you and Luke a moment? In my room?”

“Of course, sweetling. Is everything all right?”

She shook her head and frowned.

Ben rose from his chair and crossed to the living room where Luke and Pooja were trying to get the Solstice tree into its stand. “Luke, may we have a moment, please?”

Luke twisted a large bolt into the tree and then grabbed a handful of needles. “Sure, Uncle Ben.” He tossed the needles at his cousin.

“Creep,” cried Pooja.

“Baatu,” replied Luke. He stood, dusting more needles from his pants uniform and followed them into Mara’s room.

Mara closed the door and sat down on her bed.

“What’s up?” asked Luke.

“Mara would like to talk with us,” said Ben, folding his arms.

Both men turned to face her. Ben leaned against the desk while Luke slouched into a nearby chair.

Mara held her datapad, tapping it against her palm. Ben noticed the tense line of her jaw. Was she perspiring? “What is it dear heart?”

She cleared her throat and began. “Do you remember that night Luke had dinner with the Daquans and you and I scouted the house for intel?”

Ben nodded. “That was several months ago, as I recall.”

“Well, I finished up early and—” Mara darted a look at Luke. “I slipped into the library where they were having dinner.”

Luke looked puzzled. “Why?”

“Because I wanted to plant a couple bugs into the lining of the curtain there.”

“Mara!”

“What?”

Ben stood with his hand extended. “I specifically told you not to do something like that.”

“It’s okay, Uncle Ben. No one found them, but I do have a conversation I think you should both hear.” Mara pressed the play button on the app and laid her hands in her lap. The sound of Moff Elin Daquan’s voice filled the room:

“Did you see him today?”

“Yes, Father.” Ben recognized the soft voice of Bree Daquan.

“And?”

Pause.

The girl’s voiced quavered. “And things are going well.”

“How well?”

“Very well.” Another pause.

“What is it, Abrianna?”

“I…I didn’t expect to like him so much.”

“Like him? Who cares if you like him or not.”

“I do, Father.”

“Are you developing feelings for the boy?”

“Yes, Father. I-I am. I love him.”

The sound of a chair pushing across a hard wood floor reverberated from the datapad.

I do not want you in love with him, I want you to captivate and ensnare him so that we can use him.”

“But, would it really be so bad—”

Ben jumped at the sound of a hand smacking across a face.

“Listen and listen well, daughter. I will not have my plans obliterated because of your weakness. I already failed to receive the coveted position I wanted to that dolt Tarkin and I will not fail again. I will have control of this sector.”

Ben could hear Bree crying, trying to catch her breath.

“Now I want you married to that boy by the end of the next semester. I don’t care how you go about it. Get pregnant if you have to, but I will have it done.”

The sound of liquid pouring into a glass could be heard.

Get up, Abrianna, for Star’s sake. And stop sniveling.”

Ben winced at the tone of Daquan’s voice towards his daughter.

After the two of you are married, you’ll move into the renovated apartment on the third floor. He’ll continue on at the academy and graduate while you help me steer him towards a diplomatic career. In five years’ time, I’ll have him crowned King in an election under my control.”

Bree had stopped crying, but Ben could hear her erratic breathing.

So enough of this ridiculous, sentimental display of emotions. If you’d been a male child, I would have had so much more I could’ve done to integrate you into Imperial politics. As it is, I’ll have to be content with using you and this boy to infiltrate Naboo society and eventually manipulate him into the Imperial echelon. Now, go wash your face and attend to your appearance. I have key figures from the Naboo council coming for dessert in an hour.”

“Yes, Father.”

Footsteps sounded, followed by a door squeaking open. Ben thought the recording was over until he heard Bree’s voice whisper:

Oh, Luke…I’m so sorry.”

Mara closed the app on her datapad and crossed her arms over her chest. “As you can see, I was right about the Daquans and their—”

Luke barked out a laugh, bolting out of the chair. “Right? You’ve got to be kidding me. What right do you have sticking your nose into my personal life?”

Mara gasped. “Did you not hear what she said? What he said? They’re trying to manipulate you, Luke. She’s using you for her father—”

“No, she’s being controlled.”

“Really? Have you slept with her yet?”

“SHUT UP!”

Ben stood between his two children, placing a hand on their shoulders. “Calm down, Luke.” He turned to Mara. “While I don’t condone what you did, child, I do recognize that Moff Daquan has concocted a rather elaborate scheme to use Luke in furthering his own career.”

Luke pulled away. “He is, but not her.”

“What?” said Mara. “Luke she’s in up to her eyeballs.”

“No,” shouted Luke. “She’s not. She’s a victim in this entire thing. I love her and she loves me.”

“Luke…” began Ben.

Mara stood, glaring up at him. “What is wrong with you? Do you suddenly have kung for brains? She doesn’t love you!”

Ben felt the anger roiling off of Luke and stiffened. “Breathe, son.”

Luke face flushed red as he closed the distance between himself and Mara. “Just because you’re so unhappy, you want the rest of us to be miserable, too.”

She gulped. “What?”

“Poor little rich girl, forced to leave Coruscant and live on a backwater planet with a couple of moisture farmers.”

Mara blinked. “What are you talking about?”

Luke’s face was inches from hers. “You’ve hated being with us from the very beginning, every time I turned around you were telling my how great your life was before you came to live with us.”

“Luke, I was four years old…”

“You acted like you were so above us—”

“I was grieving!”

Luke huffed. “You think you’re the only one who lost both their parents to the Empire?”

“Luke!” admonished Ben.

Mara gasped, her lip trembling.

Ben placed his hand on Luke’s shoulder, guiding him back towards the door. “Take a breath, son.”

Luke pushed Ben’s hand off him and shook his finger in Mara’s face. “You’ve never even given her a chance—”

“I’ve been protecting you, you STUPID BOY!”

“You are dead to me! Do you hear? DEAD!”

Mara’s face went white as she fell down onto the bed.

The door to the bedroom opened, Ruwee entered the already crowded room. “What in Hoth is going on? We can hear you throughout the entire house?”

Luke turned and stormed out into the living room.

Ben ran a hand through his hair, trying to make sense of what just happened. “Ruwee, would you stay with Mara a moment. Perhaps something cool to drink…”

Ruwee nodded and put an arm around the sobbing girl.

“Luke,” Ben called following his ward to the front door. “Where are you going?

“Back to the dorm,” said Luke, shouldering his pack. “And then I’m going to see Bree.”

“Son, you can’t do that.”

Luke opened the door and turned. “She loves me, Uncle Ben. I’ll convince her to leave her father. We’ll go someplace where she’ll be safe and I can take care of her.”

“You’re not thinking clearly, Luke. Please, come back inside and we’ll talk about this.”

The young boy whom Ben had raised was gone, replaced by a man clothed in determination. “The time for talking is over.”

...to be continued.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, JP! You weren't kidding! Awaiting the next update on the edge of my seat =D= :eek: At least Bree's feelings became sincere, but now Mara's plans have backfired :( Sheesh!

Gemma likes this.
  16. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Whoa! I expected it, but still...I just can't imagine how Luke's feelings for Mara can change. Only if they are separated, I mean really separated, for years and with Mara finding her own place in the galaxy without this family.

17. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Wow! Luke, I love you darling, but you are one hot-headed idiot! This isn't going to go well for him. And as a result, will the family have to take a larger step towards the Rebellion? And - of course - poor Mara!! :(

Great stuff here!

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That didn't work out the way Mara intended. :(

Nice update!

19. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Yikes, Luke's definitely taking after his Daddy now. And poor Mara. I foresee a mess coming on all sides. Yikes, yikes!! Come back and fix this, JP!!! [face_batting]

20. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    All in good time, my lovely...

21. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Meeeeeean! :p

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  22. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Fantastic! I love this story soooooooo much.

What is Luke thinking?!?!? Maybe he does love Bree, but storming in to confront her father is a disaster waiting to happen. Oh, Mara. This did not go well. Now she will feel like she has nothing to lose- so she will take any chances.

23. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    My alert didn't come through! Silly boards!

Noo! Luke! Mara!
    Luke, listen to your family! And Mara, who is definitely not your sister!

Jade_Pilot and Nyota's Heart like this.
  24. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Sunday night post! Woot! Thanks Random Comments, diva(sister) pilot, taramidala, ginchy lee, Jedi_Lover, Demendora, and Nyota's Heart for your encouraging words. I so enjoy your comments and wish I could just tell you everything, but....you'll just have to keep on reading! [face_devil]

Chapter #29

Ben stood dumbfounded as Luke slammed the door in his face. Grasping the door knob, he twisted the handle and pulled.

“Ben.” Jobal jogged up to him, placing a hand on his back. “What is going on?”

He paused looking down into the older woman’s face. “It’s Luke, he’s about to do something extremely irrational.”

“Does this have something to do with Mara?”

Ben gritted his teeth and let out a deep breath. “I don’t know. To be honest, Jobal, I don’t know exactly what is going on with the two of them. I’ve never seen Luke react that way with anyone, let alone his sister.”

Jobal raised an eyebrow.

“What?”

“But that’s just it, Ben. She’s not his sister.”

“Not biologically, of course, but…what are you getting at?”

The older woman closed her eyes with a slight shake of her head. “Ben, Mara has feelings for Luke that are not of a familial nature.”

“What?”

“She’s romantically in love with Luke.”

Ben pulled the door open the rest of the way. “I’m sure you’re mistaken. Now I have to go. We’ll talk some more when I get back.”

“Promise?”

“Yes.” Ben heard Mara sniffling from the ‘fresher. “Look in on her, won’t you. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

Jobal nodded and closed the door.

Ben bolted down the sidewalk to the garage and paused. His speeder was gone. Luke must’ve taken it to the dorm. He pulled out his keychain, spying a key to Ruwee’s vehicle and opened the door. Turning the engine over, he put the speeder into drive and roared out the driveway.

Dodging several slower vehicles, Ben sped past downtown Theed and raced toward the Imperial Academy dorms. How would he get in? He tried to call Luke, but he was not picking up his comm. unit. Stang! He’d never seen this side of the boy. Ben felt a sickening sensation in the pit of his stomach. He just couldn’t understand how things had suddenly gone balistic. He swiveled his neck, feeling the tightness in his muscles. He must’ve missed the signs, just like he did with…Anakin. “Please, Luke don’t do something foolish.”

He pulled into the dorm parking lot and jumped out of the vehicle, the keys still in the ignition. Crossing the pedway, he pounced up the stairs using the Force to open the door. He looked down the hallway and strode to Luke’s room. With a wave of his hand, the door was open and Ben slipped inside to an empty room. “Kriff!” Luke must’ve changed his mind and gone straight to Bree’s house.

He quietly left the dorm and retraced his steps to Ruwee’s vehicle. Sliding into the driver’s side seat, he cranked the ignition and immediately tensed, sensing that he was not alone. Ben felt the stick of a needle in the back of his neck followed by an acrid smell as something was pumped into his blood system. His last thought was of Luke and Mara before he slipped into oblivion.

XXXXX

“Master Naberrie?”

“Hello, Simmons. Is Bree home?” Luke stood at the front door of the Daquan mansion hoping the butler would allow him to enter.

“Yes, sir. Won’t you come in?” The stoic gentleman stood to one side, giving Luke room to pass into the foyer. “If you’ll be so kind as to wait here, I’ll let the mistress know you are here.”

“Thank you, Simmons.” Luke stood next to a marble credenza with a large arrangement of blooded gardenias on top. The scent was overpowering and made his stomach queasy. He glanced at his chrono and then at his comm. unit. Uncle Ben had called. Twice. At least it wasn’t Mara.

“Luke?” Bree stood at the top of the stairs dressed in a silver gown that hugged her hips, then flared out, cascading to the floor. She looked like an angel. “Did we have an engagement tonight?”

He swallowed and shook his head. “Can we talk?”

“Of course, how about the library?”

“No!” barked Luke. “I mean, is there somewhere else.”

Bree lifted the length of her dress, descending the stairs. The light overhead reflected off her gown, casting her as a character from some kind of dream sequence in a holo pic. She stopped in front of Luke and leaned in for a kiss.

He groaned as he met her soft lips and pulled her against him. Sweet Bree. She was everything he wanted. He just had to convince her that her destiny was with him. “Is there a room we can use?” he whispered hoarsely.

“Here.” Bree pulled him into an anteroom off from the foyer. She closed the large doors and turned the lock. She smiled slipping back into his embrace and pressed her lips against his corded throat, trailing kisses up to his chin. “I’m so glad you’re here. Father insisted I attend a stuffy old council meeting and I was about comatose with boredom.” She pulled back and looked at Luke’s tense face. “Something’s wrong. What is it?”

“Bree…” Luke searched her lovely countenance, running his thumb across her cheek. He cleared his throat, shaking his head.

“Luke, you’re starting to scare me.” Her long black hair glistened in the candle light.

He led her to the lounger where they sat down together. His hand caressed her own and he marveled at the smoothness of her skin. “We need to talk about something. I need for you to hear me out before you say anything.”

“All right.” Bree leaned into the back of the lounger and lay her hands in her lap.

Luke sprang up and began pacing the length of the room, flexing his hands and then shoving them into his pants pockets. “I understand, Bree. You had no choice in the matter.”

A puzzled look flashed across Bree’s face. “Wha—”

He stopped in front of her and took a deep breath. “I know about your Father’s plan.”

Bree’s face went white. “What plan?”

Luke dropped back down onto the lounger. “His plan to put me on the throne.”

Bree gasped.

“His plan for us to marry and for him to use us like puppets—”

Bree jumped up and moved to the desk. “I-I don’t know what you mean…”

Luke crossed to her and took both her hands. “It’s okay, Bree. I know you had no choice, but it’s all right—we can still be together. We can get married and leave Naboo.”

Bree’s eyes glistened. “You don’t understand…”

“But, I do.” He pulled her to him. “I know you’re afraid, but I can protect you from him.”

“No,” whispered Bree, shaking her head. “No one can protect me from him.”

Luke tipped her chin, gazing into her luminous eyes. “I can. I love you, Bree, and I know you love me, too.”

A single tear trailed down her cheek. “I do, but Luke—you have no idea how powerful…and vicious he can be.”

“No power is great than the power of the Force.”

She blinked, her brows drawing together. “What are you talking about?”

“The Force. You’ve never heard of it?”

Bree shook her head. “Luke he has every resource available to him. The number of people he’s murdered is…staggering.”

Luke reached out his hand and drew a vase from the side table to him.

Bree’s mouth dropped open as she gasped. “How…how did you do that?”

“It’s the Force. I’m Force sensitive, a Jedi. I can use this power to manipulate objects or draw strength.” He turned towards the lounger and lifted several pillows, then dropped them back down.

She backed away from Luke, her hand flying to her mouth. “How is this possible?”

Luke took a step towards her, but she backed away again. “It’s okay, Bree. Jedi only use this power for good.”

“I-I don’t understand. Who are you? What are you?”

He reached a hand towards her. “It’s still me—”

“Don’t touch me!” Bree skittered to the window.

“Bree, I can protect you…”

“NO,” she screamed. “You’re some kind of freak!”

Luke froze, stung by her words. “Bree…”

“Get out!”

“But—”

Bree crossed to the door and unlocked it, tears streaming down her face. “I never want to see you again!” She slammed the door open and ran to the stairs.

“Please, Bree…”

“No, no no you’re some kind of strange deviant! Leave me alone!”

Luke watched her charge up the stairs and disappear. He stood in the foyer, stunned. What just happened? He felt like he was in shock and couldn’t put together a coherent thought. All his plans for them to be together…gone. She thought he was a freak?

His hand shook as he let himself out the door and moved to his uncle’s speeder. As he gripped the steering wheel, he was overcome with despair and began to cry.

XXXXX

Ben lifted his head, wincing at the pounding in his brain. Where was he? He attempted to move his arms, but they were confined in some manner. He opened his eyes, his lids feeling weighed down. They finally fluttered open only to quail at the bright light overhead.

His eyes took in a blurry room with men in masks pointing weapons at him. Imperials? No, they didn’t appear to be in any kind of uniform. He looked down and noticed he was shackled in some kind of chair with strange apparatus attached to it. Ben swallowed against the bile rising in his throat and coughed.

“Oh good, you’re awake.”

Ben turned his head and looked up into the sinister face of Captain Gregar Typho.

“Welcome, Master Kenobi. You’ve no idea how long I’ve looked forward to this moment.”

...to be continued.

Gemma likes this.
  25. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    *bounces up and down*
    Another chapter! I get to read two in one day!

Luke, that's not a good idea.
    Revealing you're a Jedi is in fact a very bad idea...
    LUKE!

Oh, well. At least the way is clear for Mara now...