main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "Son of Unveiled Secrets." AU Drama. Obi-Wan, L/M. Chapter #43 Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jun 24, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    JP! All I can say is wow! Wow! Everything is so changed and transformed [face_nail_biting] And a super cliffie =D=

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh, Luke, you're an idiot. This is not going to go well.

(But I'm glad he's rid of Bree! [face_party])

As for Ben...Typho?? Who is he working for?? The suspense may kill me![face_nail_biting]

Great job as always, J_P!

Gemma likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ahhh….No! Luke, what did you do?! And what's going to happen to Ben? :eek:

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    whoa what a cliffie at the end, more soon :)

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa that cliffie!! And my poor Lukie. :( I am here to console him, should he need. [face_mischief]

And CONGRATS on your award, lady!!! Sooooo well deserved. ^:)^ =D==D==D= [:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks, ginchy lee! This story has been on my heart for two years and it feels good to finally be posting it. :)

Thanks to everyone for reading and casting your ballots. @};- And congrats to all the ff writers here at TF.net.

ginchy likes this.
  7. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks everyone for reading and commenting. And thank you for those who voted for 'Son.'

ginchy lee: of course I thought of you as Luke plunged into the depths of his despair! He needs some ginchy love. :*

Falcon: and it's only gonna get worse...are you sure you want more?

Jedi_Lover: what guys do for love, huh? And when will they finally listen to Mara?

Taramidala: thanks! Rid of Bree and ,yes...an idiot!

Nyota's heart: big, big changes coming. Hold on! :)

Random comments: I love your enthusiasm and I appreciate you reading and commenting!

8. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Congrats! Ack, my Ben! I hope Sola saves him. And gives him a kiss for it too :)

9. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks, serendipityaey! And now on with the show!

CHAPTER #30

Ben attempted to reach out with the Force, but couldn’t seem to concentrate. “Bwaphf.”

Gregar Typho laughed. “By now you’ve realized that drawing on the Force is near impossible with the cocktail of drugs flowing through your veins.” He circled around Ben, his hands caught lightly behind his back. “I paid a substantial amount of credits to a chemist who did eleven years on Kessel to come up with this concoction. I assure you it is insurmountable.” Typho leaned down into Ben’s face. “It also contains a serum guaranteed to elicit the truth.” He stood up and crossed to a table near the wall. “And if, by chance, that fails I have a battery of materials to draw on.”

Ben blinked and took in an array of weapons splayed across the table. Not good. If only he could call out to Luke or Mara…LUKE! He groaned, remembering the reason he’d gotten in the speeder in the first place. By now the boy had probably made it to the Daquans and told the girl everything. Imperials may be storming the Naberrie’s home as he sat there.

“We’ll begin with the night Anakin Skywalker visited Senator Amidala at her residence on Coruscant.”

“Gor…dacell…”

“I’m sorry, what was that? Oh, how rude of me.” Typho signaled to one of the masked figures near him. “Surely, you must be parched, the drug has a tendency to do that.” The figure placed a flask near Ben’s lips and helped him to drink.

Ben closed his eyes, savoring the coolness of the water as it moistened his tongue and flowed down his throat.

“Now, let’s start again. The night Anakin Skywalker visited Senator—”

“Go the Chell.”

Typho paused in front of him. “You disappoint me, Master Kenobi. We can do this the hard way if you insist.” The former captain moved to the table and opened a small case, retrieving a vial of amber liquid and a syringe. “I am willing to push the limits of your endurance with another dosage.” He speared the needle into the vial and drew out the fluid. Taping the syringe and then squirting a few drops, he jabbed the syringe into the back of Ben’s neck and pushed the poison into him. “Of course I can’t guarantee you won’t be a slobbering vegetable afterwards.”

Ben’s head swam as the room tilted sideways. It was like looking into a fun house mirror after a night of drinking Johrian whiskey, everything was skewed out of proportion. He felt his head fall back and to the side.

“Now let’s begin again.”

“Immm….perialsss?”

Captain Typho’s face swam in Ben’s line of vision. “Hmmm? Are you asking if I have called the Imperials?”

Ben’s words slurred into something that sounded like a yes.

“Not yet. I fully plan to turn you over to them. They are most intrigued to learn that there is a remaining Jedi in the galaxy. But first, we must conduct our business to my satisfaction.” He leaned in close to Ben’s face. “Then they will be free to do whatever they wish with you.”

“Unnn…”

“Did Jedi Skywalker visit Senator Amidala the night—”

“Yesss…”

“See, that wasn’t so hard now, was it?” Captain Typho glanced at his chrono. “We still have plenty of time, too.”

Ben’s head lolled forward. Luuuke…where are you, son? I need you, Luke.

XXXXX

Luke’s head popped up from the steering wheel of the speeder. Luuuke… “What?” He pulled the Force to him, concentrating on the sensation of his uncle’s voice. I need you, son…
    Luke breathed deeply, sensing Ben’s presence and cry for help. Wiping his face, he started the speeder and roared out of the Daquan’s driveway.

XXXXX

“Polis Massa? You’re saying Padme died while giving birth on Polis Massa?”

Ben swallowed. “Yess…”

“But didn’t the damage done to her wind pipe by Skywalker contribute to her death?” asked Typho.

“Noooot…what mmmed droid saaaaaaid. Gave up wi…will to live.”

Captain Typho pounded his fist against the wall. “He’s still responsible.”

Ben opened his eyes and blinked, taking in Typho’s warped face of frustration.

“Where is Padme’s child?”

Ben tried to think. Luuuke…no, no mustn't… tell him...don't... “Luu…and...

“What? What are you saying?” Typho leaned in closer.

He swallowed. “Leia…”

“Leia? Padme’s child is called Leia?”

“Yesss...”

“Where is this Leia?”

“Dead…in exxxplosion…on board shhhhip…”

“And Anakin?”

“Sl-iced him up on…M-Mustafaaar…’

“Stang!” Typho slammed his fist down onto the table. He turned to one of the masked figures. “Make the call.” Striding to the chair, he gripped Ben’s chin, digging his nails into his skin. “I had hoped our meeting would have been more satisfying, but at least I know the truth. Regardless of what you say, Anakin Skywalker is responsible for Padma Amidala’s death.” He released Ben’s face with a cruel twist.

Ben felt something drip down onto his chest, whether it was blood or drool he couldn’t tell. Luuuke…

Typho stood before him, a blaster in his hand. “Seems our time has come to an end, Master Kenobi. A unit from the Imperial garrison will be here shortly. You are as much to blame for Padme’s death as your padawan, so know that I take great pleasure in your impending death. I’m sure you’ll think of me fondly as the Empire makes an example out of you.” He turned to the exit, unlocking the door and pulled it open.

Ben recoiled as a blur of blue light flashed into the room. He recognized the familiar sound of a lightsaber followed by anguished cries of pain. Blaster shots fired, but Ben couldn’t tell from which direction they came from. He blinked and tried to lift his head, but the entire scene wavered before him. After a large crash and the overhead lights flickered he heard a voice.

“Uncle Ben?”

Silence. Ben knew that voice… he felt the constraints fall from his wrists and torso.

“Are you all right?”

“M-must gooo…bad guys c-coming…”

“Imperials?”

“Yesss…”

“Kriff!”

“L-language…”

Ben felt strong arms lift him from the chair and wrap around his waist as his own arm threaded over his rescuer’s shoulder. “Luke?”

“None other. Come on, we’ve got to get out of here.”

They hobbled toward the waiting speeder where Luke nestled Ben into the back seat.

“Li-sssaber?” asked Ben.

“I used the one you keep hidden in the trunk.”

“Didn’t know….yooou knew ‘bout dat…”

As Ben drifted off to sleep, Luke closed the door and jumped into the driver’s seat engaging the engine and rocketing towards home. “Let’s just say, it’s been a night of revelations.”

...to be continued.

Gemma and Random Comments like this.
  10. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Typho, nooooo! That made me so sad, J_P!

But I did like this scene, even though I'm not sure I understood what Typho's intentions were. Perhaps they'll become clearer later on...? Ben did well throwing Typho off the trail of Luke!

This doesn't bode well for the Kenobi/Skywalker/Jade/Naberries staying on Naboo much longer, I fear. At least Luke seems to have turned a corner. ;)

Great job!!

11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Is Ben going to tell Luke how he came in possession of that blue lightsaber? :( Nice update.

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  12. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    taramidala: Remember the beginning of this tomb where Typho was working with Sola to find out what happened to Padme? Sola eventually was told the truth, whereas Typho was left out in the cold, furthering fueling his obsession. I appreciate you reading so much, hang in there! @};-

Jedi_Lover: clever girl! You catch everything. We'll see...the title says it all.

13. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    You know, I'm supposed to be getting my work done right about now...oh well.

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo on a very edge-of-seat update JP! Ben was able to give enough misdirection but his rescue came just in time. I agree - that the family may have to relocate [face_thinking] Interesting set of choices they will have to make then about allegiances and safe places. Looking forward to more, duh! [:D]

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  15. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh, yes, that's right! Still, sad to see such vehemence against poor Obi-Wan.

And hang in there? Uh, okay. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid you're stuck with me. [face_devil]

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  16. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    OMG this scene freaked me out!!!!!! OBI-WAN!!!! gaaaaaaaah OMG, I was cheering when Luke got there. I love that he was able to hear Ben through his tears, and was able to get there to help. And that lightsaber... Oh wow. Ben did great with throwing Typho off, but man.... this scene! That's a lot to chew on!! =D=

17. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    It's during great challenges tha we see a character eithe rise to meet it or run away (fight or flight). As Luke dives in, he begins to realize who he is and what part his abilities will play in his destiny. There's a maturation process taking place which can lead to his discovery of secrets he's not cared about before.

Sorry, got a little philosophical for a moment! ;)

18. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Jade_Pilot, you amaze me, lady. This story is phenomenal. I love it so much! What a game changer. Now after all those years, the truth is out.

Congratulations on your well deserved win!

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  19. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Right back at ya' sister-pilot!

20. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Great fiction, your nomination is well deserved. Would love to be told when you update this. It's a great story.

21. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    too short rectify soon hopefully [face_batting]

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  22. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thank you! I'll add you to the PM list.

Thanks for reading-JP

23. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Glad Ben got rescued. So curious how he works everything out with Sola, hoping for another kiss. Great writing

24. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    You and your obi kisses, serendipityaey!! :)

25. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thank you, serendipityaey, Falcon, EGKenobi, divapilot, ginchy lee, taramidala Random Comments and Nyota's Heart!!! I appreciate everyone reading, but I really appreciate your encouraging words. Sometimes it seems like you are standing behind me reading the upcoming chapters with your speculations and suggestions. It's so hard not to comment and tell you that you aren't far from where this story is going. And to set the record straight, 'cause so many have asked: Nadya is NOT Leia. Okay, here we go...

Chapter #31

Mara sat at the dining room table surrounded by her family.

“He’ll get over it,” said Pooja. “Luke can’t stay angry at you for long.”

“Stang, I would,” muttered Ryoo. “I can’t believe you did that.”

Both grandparents cast a reprimanding eye at their oldest granddaughter.

“I had to,” said Mara, pulling at the balled up handkerchief in her hand. “He had to know the truth. We all did.”

Jobal patted Mara’s shoulder and leaned back in her chair. “I can’t believe this whole thing has been a plan to manipulate Luke…”

“And get the boy on the throne,” said Ruwee.

“Imagine being married to that backstabber,” said Pooja.

“And Luke on the throne,” said Ruwee.

“He’d make a terrible king,” said Mara. “He doesn’t even know when people around him are lying.”

“So naïve.”

“Gullible.”

“Too trusting.”

Mara sighed. “And not to mention a complete idiot.”

Luke burst through the front door, dragging Ben with him. “Help me with Uncle Ben,” cried Luke.

Everyone sat frozen, their mouths gaping.

“NOW!” Luke shouted. He laid Ben onto the nearest lounger as Sola grabbed his dangling legs.

“What’s wrong with him?” asked Ruwee.

Luke placed a pillow under Ben’s head. “He’s been drugged.” He turned to the girls. “Mara, you Pooja and Ryoo go pack for Ben and me. The three of us are leaving.”

“Leaving?” cried Jobal.

“No time to fully explain,” said Luke. “The Imperials are on to us. Popi can we take the Star Cruiser?”

“Of course, son. It’s always been part of our contingency plan,” replied Ruwee. “Where will you go?” He pulled out a packet hidden behind a book shelf and handed it to the boy.

Luke took the packet and shoved it into vest of his uniform. “It’s probably best if you don’t know. I’m not exactly sure how this is going to play out.”

Mara marched out from her room with her pack. “What have you done?”

“I’m not talking to you!” said Luke, pointing at her.

She huffed and went back to her room.

Pooja poked her head from Luke’s chamber. “What should I pack?”

“Everything,” said Luke.

The next thirty minutes were a confusing maneuver of packing and questions. Sola pressed a cold compress to Ben’s face, trying to bring him to consciousness. “He’s so pale. Ben, can you hear me?”

He opened one bleary eye and smiled. “Soooola…”

“What did they give him?” Sola asked. “Shouldn’t we get him to a med-center?”

“No time.” Luke stuffed the bag of credits his grandfather offered him into a small pack around his waist. “I have no idea what it was, but I think it might’ve had some kind of truth serum mixed in.”

Sola caressed Ben’s cheek and sighed. “Oh, sweetheart. Please wake up.”

Ben blinked and tilted his head. “Soooo beautiful…I love yooou, Soooola.”

“I know that,” answered Sola.

“I should have…mmmmarried you.”

“I know that, too,” she whispered, blinking back tears.

“Five minutes,” barked Luke.

Bags and packs littered the foyer with Jobal dropping a huge bag of food on top.

“Nani…” began Luke.

“Not a word! Who knows what kind of food they have in space.” Jobal began to cry as Ruwee pulled her to him.

“Let’s go!” shouted Luke.

Everyone grabbed something and ran to the Naberrie’s large landspeeder, tossing things into the trunk and back seat.

Sola and Luke had Ben upright and on his feet.

“Let’s put him in the back seat. Mara you get in with him,” ordered Luke. “Popi, you drive—I’ll ride shotgun.” He paused as he opened the speeder door and turned to look at the rest of his family. “Thank you—for everything.” Luke swallowed hard against the lump in his throat. “I’ll never forget you. I’m sorry if there will be repercussions…”

“Don’t you worry about a thing,” said Jobal wiping her eyes. “The Naberrie name will stand this and any test.”

Luke jogged back to his grandmother and swallowed her up in a huge hug. Pooja and Ryoo flanked them both, wrapping their arms around him. “I love you all,” Luke whispered.

Mara hopped into the back seat where Sola was holding Ben.

“I’m going with you, as far as the spaceport,” said Sola.

Mara nodded, as Luke slipped into the speeder. Looking into the rear view mirror he saw his grandmother and cousins grow smaller and smaller as they waved goodbye.

XXXXX

“We’re here.” Ruwee pulled into the hangar bay and turned off the engine, popping the trunk.

Mara, Luke and Ruwee began to unload, as Sola coaxed Ben from the speeder.

“That’s it, one foot in front of the other,” said Sola, wrapping an arm around his waist.

Ben leaned heavily on her shoulder and shuffled along. “My Sooola…”

Sola smiled, guiding him up the ramp and into the star cruiser. “Let’s get you into bed.”

“Bout… time,” said Ben. “C-can’t wait forever, you know.”

She smiled, guiding him up the ramp and then easing him into a bottom bunk near the back and tethered him into the safety netting. “I don’t know if I’ll ever see you again, Ben, but I will wait for you.” She leaned down, kissing his lips softly. He was still so pale.

“Don’t go…” he whispered.

Her face crumpled. Sola ran a hand through his dark hair and swallowed. “The next time I see you I hope you’ve gotten rid of this mess and gone ginger again.”

“…my dearest girl…”

She kissed him one more time and slipped out.

Luke sat in the captain’s chair going through the pre-flight routine. He knew how to fly just about anything and the cruiser would be a pleasure compared to some. The whirl of the engines flaring to life caught everyone’s attention, as they hurried to store the rest of the bags and supplies.

Ruwee and Sola stood at the foot of the ramp, holding on to each other.

Mara stood behind the co-pilot’s chair. “I don’t know if I can do this.”

Luke glared at her and jumped up from his seat. He bounded down the ramp and fell into the arms of his family, tears mingling with their endearments. “You’ll always be my family,” said Luke softly. “I’ll always love you.”

Sola sobbed and kissed Luke’s forehead. “Are you sure Ben shouldn’t be in a med-center?”

“No, but I’ve got a plan in play.” Luke turned and started up the ramp. “I’ll try to get communications to you, if I can—”

“It’s okay, son, just be safe,” warned Ruwee. “Where is Mara?”

Luke glanced up at the empty cock pit’s window and shook his head. He bounded the rest of the way up and dropped into the captain’s chair. Pulling the crash webbing around him, he guided the ship out of the hangar and into airspace.

XXXXX

Ben groaned and squinted against the stilted light. His mouth tasted like a diseased mynock had crawled in and died. The pounding in his head had faded, but the roaring in his ears was still present. He coughed as he tried to swallow.

“Well, look who’s finally up.”

Stars, not again. Ben blinked several times, trying to focus on the direction from which the voice came. A 2-1B medical droid hovered near him, raising the bed into a sitting position. A bulb of water was pressed to his lips which he drank greedily.

“T-Thank you.” Ben blinked again, the room finally coming into focus. “Where am I?”

“Safe,” said a tall female looking out the port window, her back to him. “Thanks to that industrious young man of yours.”

Ben sensed something familiar about the woman in her stature and short brown hair. “Have we met?”

The woman turned, smiling with pleasure. “I would say so.”

Mon Mothma, former Imperial Senator and current leader of the Rebel Alliance crossed the short distance to Ben’s bed and placed a hand on his arm.

“Welcome General Kenobi. I’m so looking forward to working with you again.”

...to be continued.

Gemma and Random Comments like this.