main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Song for Anakin and PAdme

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Leah, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah

Leah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2003
    If there is a song for Padme and Anakin (I know probably highly unlikely) at the end of Episode 3 what do you think it would be? (I think a good song for them would be spend my lifetime loving you)

2. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    There is a song for Anakin and Padme.
    It's called "Across the Stars." It plays numerous times in Episode II. And Lucas is not a pop-culture monkey. This is why Star Wars is great. It is not influenced by pop-culture. The only thing close to it is the music videos of Duel of the Fates and Across the Stars that aired on MTV. Thankfully, that was as far as it went.

There will be no lyrical songs for Anakin and Padme. Britney Spears or N'SYNC will never get to be on a SW soundtrack. :)

3. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    *waits for someone to snap that Across the Stars isn't a song* :p

Yeah, Star Wars doesn't have much vocally; the only tracks I can think of off the top of my head that feature vocals at all are Lapti Nek and Jedi Rocks. I doubt there will be a vocal song for A&P.

...But they have one excellent instrumental to make up for it. Across the Stars is quite the lovely theme for the couple. ^_^

I do hope they'll get at least a new version of Across the Stars for Episode III. Not using that love theme again would be quite sad. :(

And I've never heard of the song you mentioned so I can't say whether I would consider it a good song for 'em or not. I have a ton of songs I feel reflect a certain character though. ^_o;;;;

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Song, theme, instrumental, whatever, you know what I'm talking about. :p

5. Leah

Leah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2003
    Okay, it's me Leah. The song that I posted Spend My lifetime Loving You is from the Mask of Zorro. (Just thought you should know just in case you've never heard of it)

6. Count-Neuku

Count-Neuku Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    I agree, Pooja. But didn't NSYNC almost get a cameo in Clones? Good thing that didn't happen.

7. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Whether they did or not, doesn't matter. I don't think Lucas would allow Star Wars to sink that low. And please, no Jar Jar jokes in relation to that statement.

Jar Jar > N'SYNC

8. Count-Neuku

Jan 28, 2003
    I would hope so. I don't even know what joke you speak of if I was to post one.

9. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    Who actualy HAS the star-wars soundtrack? I was looking at it a couple of days ago ;)

10. azzgonjinn

azzgonjinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    how bout adam sandlers song from the wedding singer, u know, "somebody kill me please" ;)

11. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I have the AOTC soundtrack, and ATS is quite possibly the most beautiful track on it. That and Princess Leia's theme are two of the most hauntingly beautiful pieces of music I've heard in a movie.

As for the A&P theme...there is actually a track on the AOTC soundtrack called "Anakin and Padme", it's played while they are on the refuge ship. However, ATS is their theme, and I'm sure it will be used again in Episode III similar to the way DOTF was used in Episode II: only in a key place, and not overdone.

12. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Personally, I think that "Across the stars" is such a beatiful song, that vocals would really take away from it. If I am not mistaken, I think there might have been a rumor that Celine Dione was going to sing the Vocals for this song. No offence to Celine fans out there, but I am really glad that never came through ;)

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'll tell you guys what would be ABSOLUTELY beautiful... a choral rendition of Across the Stars. Have the normal version up until the theme actually kicks in, and still have it instrumental, but take out the instruments that carries the theme, and replace it with vocalization. No actual, English lyrics, but just chants, ala DOTF.

That would just be... yeah. You can only imagine.

14. Count-Neuku

Jan 28, 2003
    Skimaniac- I have all the SW soundtracks. Really great music.

Pooja- I'm hoping for the chorus/chanting you speak of during the Obi-wan/Anakin duel.

Need time machine to go to 2005.

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Oh wow, imagine a chorus driven Across the Stars, remixed as battle music, with the Anakin and Kenobi fight. Oh God that would floor like everything.

16. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Yeh, I like that idea. I love seeing an intense battle being slowed down with an intense song making you feel 18 million different things. :D [/color]

17. Count-Neuku

Jan 28, 2003
    I was also thinking they could squeez the ROTJ chorus in there also. And maybe when Anakin starts to get battle weary they could play the same music from ESB when Vader was hurling objects at Luke. I think it was a sinister-sounding Vaders theme.

18. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    But you know, as great of stuff as we can come up with, Johnny will just do it better.
    (hopefull). :)

19. Count-Neuku

Jan 28, 2003
    Yeah, really. Let's leave it to the master. :cool:

20. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    A vocalized ATS. That'd be great. I only have the soundtracks to AotC and ANH. I also think that ATS and Princess Leia's theme are the most powerful.

21. Count-Neuku

Jan 28, 2003
    The music used when Luke attacks Vader from under the stairs and defeats him in a rage in ROTJ I found to be the most powerful. I would say the most moving music is when Luke stares at the suns on Tattoine in ANH. 'Across the Stars' from AOTC is very good too.

22. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I also think that ATS and Princess Leia's theme are the most powerful.

No crap... I agree with you there.

23. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "No crap..."

Eloquent. ;) :p

:cool: Mace Windy,
    yes, there is a draft in here!

24. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I also think that ATS and Princess Leia's theme are the most powerful.

(edited for Windy, Mr. Eloquence) I agree with you there.

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.