main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Song of Darkness, Song of Light

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Terana Lewani, May 2, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terana Lewani

Terana Lewani Jedi Master

Mar 11, 2000
    Barely able to breathe from fear and shock, she opened her hand to see a beautiful necklace. The pendant was oval shaped and looked like a black lotus with green leaves, a red center, and a golden peice of metal for the stamen/eyeloop. She slipped the necklace on her neck and felt a coursing warmth pass through her body.

P.S. My scanner has turned to the dark side or I would scan a picture of the pendant.

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    [Wattowatta] Good job, keep it coming! [/Wattowatta]

tongue.gif

3. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    After a moment, the warmth faded away and she felt a great need for sleep.

When she woke up the next morning, she almost convinced herself it was all a crazy dream, until her hand went to her neck and she felt the delicate gold chain. Murmuring the traditional morning ritual of her people, she got up and ready for her first day of training.

After she had eaten breakfast, she went to the meeting hall for lessons. Everyone was packed in and they were all talking quietly among themselves until Master Skywalker entered.
    "Today I have decided you are all ready to start on your lightsabers."

4. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    Figures,she heard Anakin's mind-voice say.Your first day of training and we start on lightsabers.
    Terana shrugged.Shh-he starting again.
    "You are allowed to take as much time as needed on your lightsabers, and regular training will continue to a degree." He waved his hand. "You're all dismissed except for Terana and Anakin."

5. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    Terana waited nervously as the other Jedi trickled out until she could see Anakin standing almost on the other side of the meeting hall. They both walked up to the front, Terana feeling a lump of lead grow in her stomach, Anakin a bit more confident. After all,Terana thought,He is Master Skywalker's nephew.
    Luke smiled as the two reached him.
    Terana realized that she wasn't in trouble and most of the lead in her stomach seemed to dissolve.

6. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    If there are people reading this, please respond!
    "I wish for the two of you to assist me in the exploration of a new temple that's been discovered. It's of a style no one is familiar with and you two might find something interesting."
    Terana pondered this for a second before deciding. "Why not?"
    "Yeah",agreed Anakin, and the three walked off together to the exit of the training hall.
    Meanwhile...
    "That was dumb."
    "How so?"
    Night fell on a strange scene. Three spirits stood talking. The one that spoke first was a man in Jedi robes, the second a man in Sith. The third, standing off to the side, was a woman in a simple dress who watched the arguement.
    "Palpitine, you know the only reason I'm even helping you gain your peace is that I'm a Jedi."
    "But Anakin, they need to know."
    "I know about the temple and it's dangers, and I know they're setting out to it tommorrow, but we shouldn't interfere."
    "Says you."
    "Anakin, I must agree with Palpitine on this one. The only way for them to return safely will be with our help.", intoned the woman, an unreadable expression on her face.
    Anakin sighed. "As you wish, Amidala. We will follow and assist them with what they encounter."

7. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    Grrrrrr... mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Terana Lewani (edited 04-24-2000).]

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This is great!! I love it!! Post more!!

9. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    Will do.
    The next morning, Terana, Anakin Solo, and Luke set out for the newly discovered temple, carrying small packs on their backs. The forest was unusually quiet, and the whole world seemed to be holding it's breath. The three trekked on, Terana stopping but once to gather some tasty fruit for their lunches.
    Finally, they reached a clearing. The temple stood there, white and proud, almost like the Massassi temple in shape, but cut down to half the size. On top of the temple rested a large red gem that glowed, and seemed to light the temple with a blood-red glow. The three travelers sat down and rested.

10. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    Now that we've forgotten about it, UP!!!

11. Yoda's Twin Sister

Yoda's Twin Sister Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2000

That was funny!

12. GenKnee1

GenKnee1 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 1999
    God, that is awesome! I love Dave! Gonna have to mail this to some friends of mine...

13. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    I need feedback, Please!
    Terana sat looking at the temple, a memory almost tugging at her consousness but slipping away when she grabbed at it. She shook her head, burying any hope of recovering the almost-memory. After the three were rested, Luke spoke up.
    "Let's go on in. Leave your packs here."
    Anakin Solo obliged, but Terana wanted to keep hers on and she said so.

Together, they entered the temple. Inside, a large blue crystal gave off a dim light and Anakin reached out to touch it, as did Terana. The crystal started to hum, a low sound that seemed to penetrate Terana's soul. Luke also placed his hand on the crystal and the himming grew louder and the light grew brighter until the humans were engulfed in it.
    Slowly, the light and sound faded, showing no trace of the Jedi three.
    Anakin Skywalker' eyes snapped open as he announced to the two other spirits standing beside him,"They've entered and activated the crystal. Let's go."
    The three spirits set off to the temple.

14. Jedi_Roara

Jedi_Roara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 1999
    I love the idea of bringing those three spirits into the picture. My only suggestion is to slow down a bit in the telling. really think out what you want to say and pace yourself. if you take it too fast it will be over too quickly. and Remember the dictionary the thesaurus and the spelling dictionary are your friends, use them wisely, I know I do like every ten seconds. This story has great potential and a resounding theme. Keep up the good work. if you want to view my story it's Jedi within, Jedi To Be I really enjoy this thread.

15. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks for the advice Roara.
    Something was wrong.
    Terana knew only that.
    With her eyes still closed she smelled the sharp sting of exhaust, heard the clamour of trillions of bodies stacked on top of each other like so many Sabbac cards, felt with the Force a great spot of bright energy before her, and a small, dark one nearby.
    She opened her eyes. She had leafed through some old Holos in Master Skywalker's collection last night when she couldn't sleep and had gravitated mysteriously towards those of the Old Republic Jedi temple, destroyed by the Emperor during the Jedi purge. Here it stood before her, a calm and inviting, yet doomed, beacon of light, and a single thought flashed through Terana's mind; We've traveled back in time.

[This message has been edited by Terana Lewani (edited 05-04-2000).]

16. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    Luke Skywalker, standing right there beside her, seemed to notice this vital fact next, followed by Anakin, with a small gasp. The adolescent boy then looked around in search of one of the many Time/Date towers that dotted Coruscant's skyline.
    Soon enough, he found one. If the year that had just flashed by on the giant liquid screen was correct, they had gone back in time...
    "Forty years, more or less," Luke intoned, following his nephew's gaze. He then blinked, realizing a dire problem. "The Clone Wars, they haven't happened yet. So, neither has the Purge happened."
    When this remark and the weight behind it sank in, the travelers realized they were to be in great danger if they couldn't return to their own time.
    ~~~~
    Anakin Skywalker turned to Amidala before the lightly glowing, blue crystal.
    "Are you sure you want to do this? The effects of time travel on spirits are unknown." Concern filled his voice and his wife was touched, but determined not to leave Anakin alone with the man that had destroyed him, not again.
    "Yes. I'm coming with you, if only to share your fate. Besides", she threw in as an awkward joke, "We're already dead." A wry chuckle from both the former Sith lords split the air as the three reached toward the crystal.

[This message has been edited by Terana Lewani (edited 05-07-2000).]

17. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    Luke Skywalker and his two trainees walked the halls of the Jedi temple, feasting their eyes on everything new and different. They were slightly saddened by thier knowledge of the temple's fate, but this detracted nothing from the awe they felt.
    Suddenly, Luke felt a great urge to go to somewhere, and let the Force guide him to the study library, where he looked upon a Knight and his Padawan, about 19 years old with sandy blond hair and his mind elsewhere.
    "Anakin," the Knight instructed the man softly, "Keep your mind on your meditation." The three in the doorway exchanged looks. This was Knight Kenobi and Padawan Skywalker, Luke's father.
    ~~~~
    Anakin took the gasping breath before he realized the significance of the act. he looked slowly down, seeing himself not as a blue, misty figure; he was as solid as the walkway on which he stood.
    With wide, alarmed eyes the other two people came to the same realization as he, but Amidala said first what was so obvious.
    "Ani, we're alive."

[This message has been edited by Terana Lewani (edited 05-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Terana Lewani (edited 05-09-2000).]

18. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    I am in a dilemma here. Should the elder Ami, Ani, and Palpy return back to Luke's time alive, as spirits, or should Luke & the bunch not return at all?(Yes, I know that's mean, but the Purge will be perilous.) Let your thoughts be known, and the story may show some of your ideas.

19. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    From now on, if writing is like this: /Hello/ It is in Ashyran, Terana's native language. If it is in Italics, it is thoughtspeak or just thinking.
    Terana was recovering from the shock of being transported through time and the library, though interesting, was more of Master Skywalker's type of thing. She walked over to where he was, for all practical purposes, devouring a book of Jedi history. Terana tapped him on the shoulder and asked if she could go somewhere else. Engrossed in the book, Luke's only answer was an absentminded "Sure". Terana smiled strangely and was off to the Galactic Senate building.

After three close encounters with flying hovercars, two run ins with angry pedestrians, and her boot getting up close and personal with the remaing of some animal's lunch, she finally reached the Senate and dropped down on a bench beside an ornate door. When she had relaxed a bit,(as well as take the time to force-fling the gunk on her shoe at the back of Senator Orn Free-Ta's head) she looked up to see a distinguished man in blue robes and the symbol of the chancellorship expertly playing a game of holochess. Terana decided to see if she could succeed where the holochess computer was failing.

20. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    Five minutes later...
    "Checkmate," the composed female voice of the holochessboard announced. "Player number Two is the winner." Palpitine was stunned. Nobody, but nobody was better than him at chess.

"How did you do that?" He wanted to know how she had beat him. Him, a Sith Lord; no, a Master!

"/It was easy/," Terana explained, lapsing into her native language absent-mindedly. This was no matter to Palpitine, as This was a language he knew and often felt more at ease speaking than basic. Terana explained she used to play holochess lots of the time on Ashyra, her home planet. Palpitine was curious as to what her name was, so he asked in Ashyran- to make her feel more at easy.

"/Terana Kun Lewani/," she said shyly, "/at your service, Lord- er, Chancellor Palpitine./"

21. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    *cups hands to her mouth and yells*HELLO? Is anybody there?
    Luke had remained silent in his young father's presence because he was not only attracted by the books, but because he had lost the courage to face him. He sighed and turned back to the book in Jedi Prophecy he was reading. After a minute, he closed it, being too distracted to read. There was a type of duality in the Force, as if it was a taut rope in a game of tug-of-war, a toy between two toddlers. Both Terana and Anakin had wandered off and he was alone. Three people walked in and Luke looked at them curiously. And nearly had a heart-attack.

Amidala, Anakin, and Palpitine stared back, Palpitine was especially afraid of Luke's reaction. Anakin spoke first, carefully. "Hello, Luke."

22. Master Lurker

Master Lurker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2000
    Yeah, you have readers. Don't doubt that. I haven't posted 'till now because supportive posts, while encouraging to the thread's author, dissapoint readers. They interrupt the flow of the story, and raise false hopes of a continuation of the story.

23. Terana Lewani

Mar 11, 2000
    *Shrugs* I just wanna know there are people out there.
    Luke quickly got over his shock and his eyes fixed on the most nervous of the people. "What in the seventh circle of Hades are you doing here?" Luke demanded, his hand twitching in the direction of his lightsaber.

"Um, well, you see, your father is being gracious and helping me redeem myself, which I can't do If I'm being harmful." Palpitine was telling the truth, Luke sensed, and he nodded cautiously, looking at him as one would a half-tame Rancor. The woman smiled, swept Luke up in her arms and started crying.

"Luke, my son. I'm so..." She broke down again, Luke realized who she was and a tear rolled down his cheek as well. "Mother."

Thank goodness the library is empty. Anakin thought. He had picked up a habit of not wanting people too close while in the hated suit, and it remained with anyone besides his wife. Bored, he picked up a videodisc without reading the title. Palpitine snickered as Anakin pressed the button on the nearby player. He had seen the title and hoped Anakin liked The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.