main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Songs of Sorrow-Now Playing: Without You (from Rent)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lady__Skywalker, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    Summary: Padme reflects on the dreams that she had before Anakin left. Full of melodrama ;)

Disclaimer: All characters and ideas belong to George Lucas. Song lyrics belong to their respective owners.

~*I Dreamed a Dream*~

All those years ago my life was a dream. I was happy and in love. I loved my work and I loved life. Now, it has all changed.

There was a time when men were kind
    When their voices were soft
    And their words inviting
    There was a time when love was blind
    And the world was a song
    And the song was exciting

Now my love, Anakin, is gone. My world was turned upside down. I sat alone in silence and darkness looking out into the green fields of Alderaan wishing I was back on Naboo with Anakin. Life treated me so unfairly.

There was a time
    Then it all went wrong

My love is gone as is my heart. I had such grand dreams for us. I wanted us to grow old together in a modest house on Naboo. We could raise our children in the peace and tranquility of the Lake Country, away from all the politics that had dictated my life.

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
    When hope was high
    And life worth living
    I dreamed that love would never die
    I dreamed that God would be forgiving

They say that with age comes wisdom. I realized that my dream would not become a reality. It was a dream that every young woman had. I had a child, I actually had two, but one has gone, never to be seen by my eyes again. Now I?m all alone with my baby, Leia, keeping her safe from her father. My life used to be so happy, what happened?

Then I was young and unafraid
    And dreams were made and used and wasted
    There was no ransom to be paid
    No song unsung, no wine untasted

When I first came to Alderaan my dream was to be reunited with my husband. Every night I would look out into the vast twilight of the stars and wonder where he was. Every time I would go to sleep I would dream about his face. Then I would see scenes of terror and me being separated from Anakin. There my dreams ended and I would suddenly awaken from those few precious hours of peace.

But the tigers come at night
    With their voices soft as thunder
    As they tear your hope apart
    And they turn your dream to shame

Those two years that we had together were magical. I had never been happier or had more freedom in my whole life. I never felt that I was being judged, I was free to be me. But, then he was gone, leaving to pursue his own dreams.

He slept a summer by my side
    He filled my days with endless wonder
    He took my childhood in his stride
    But he was gone when autumn came

Although I know I can never be reunited with him, I still look out at the stars waiting for him to suddenly appear outside my window and whisk me away to a land where we could live together forever in perfect harmony. But I know that it is impossible, I will never see him again as long as we are both living.

And still I dream he'll come to me
    That we will live the years together
    But there are dreams that cannot be
    And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream that I would live happily, that I would be able to raise two children, together, with a husband. But, my life is so different from what I envisioned. I am hiding from the man that I love.

I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed.

Now, I am dying inside, because of the twists and misfortunes of this hell, formerly known as my life.

2. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Very beautiful and sad, Lady Skywalker. Good Job!

3. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Very nice. :D

4. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Sad, beautiful, and unique!

More soon!

JS

5. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks guys! I should have another one up soon, but I'm looking for a non-Padme centered song.

6. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    :_| That was so sad!

Aw, non-Padmé-centered? I was just thinking that Without You from Rent would be pretty. :p

7. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    The_Standmaiden-Thanks! I was thinking that too!

8. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    That was beautiful! Full of emotion

Keep it up!

9. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    Summary: This one is written in thrid-person. Ooh aah. Once again about Padme.

Disclaimer: Why own SW when you can write disclaimers? Lyrics from Rent

~*Without You*~

As Padmé lay in her bed thinking once again about Anakin, she found that it was truly hard to make it through without him. Everything else went on so easily but she, she had to struggle through each day just to make it to the next one without taking her own life. Her heart ached but she had to find the will to carry on.

Without You
    The Ground Thaws
    The Rain Falls
    The Grass Grows

She stared out of her window watching her daughter, Leia, play with her friends. Leia didn?t know what it was like for Padmé. She could only sense a little sadness because Padmé hid it from her. She still went on without a thought about her father.

Without You
    The Seeds Root
    The Flowers Bloom
    The Children Play

That night Padmé looked up at the stars and wondered how they could go on and look so beautiful when the people they warm were so sad. She did not understand how a woman as strong as she was be reduced to almost nothing over a man.

The Stars Gleam
    The Eagles Fly
    Without You

Everyone still went about with their business, almost ignorant to her. Padmé became like another portrait on the walls, sad and beautiful and never moving. Alderaan continued to revolve around its sun, the sun came up and the sun went down, but to Padmé, it seemed like she had died and the world was going on without her.

The Earth Turns
    The Sun Burns
    But I Die
    Without You

Another day as she sat on her balcony looking at the peaceful world, she looked down to see a young couple kissing as the breeze twirled the long black strands of the girl?s hair. They finished kissing and the boy ran off leaving the girl radiant and smiling. Padmé longed for those days, the days when her and Anakin would meet in secret and kiss. She would have to run off to go to some meeting and she would smile and daydream the whole time there.

Without You
    The Breeze Warms
    The Girls Smile
    The Cloud Moves

Without You
    The Tides Change
    The Oceans Crash

Padmé always drifted away to those happy days, before the Empire. She was only brought back to her reality by Leia?s crying. Leia seemed unaffected, and truthfully she was. Padmé would not be around to see if Leia every figured out who her real father was, and she was sure no one would tell Leia who her father was.

The Crowd Roars
    The Days Soar
    The Babies Cry
    Without You

The nights when the moon shone on the swiftly moving rivers was when she missed Anakin the most. For some reason it reminded her of her time with him on Naboo. They were so young then, willing to take risks. The moon and the sunset always brought tears to her eyes.

The Moon Glows
    The River Flows
    But I Die
    Without You

The World Revives

Colors Renew

But I Know Blue
    Only Blue
    Lonely Blue
    Within Me, Blue
    Without You

Everything continues without a love. The children still play, the couples still kiss, the babies still cry. Everything changes and leaves one behind.

Without You
    The Hand Gropes
    The Ear Hears
    The Pulse Beats

Without You
    The Eyes Gaze
    The Legs Walk
    The Lungs Breathe

The Mind Churns
    The Heart Yearns
    The Tears Dry
    Without You

Life continues without Padmé having Anakin. Life continues without Anakin having Padmé. But inside Padmé Amidala, the former senator of the ravaged planet Naboo, the mother of two children, one of who she will never see in her lifetime, the wife of a "monster", was dying. Dying without her love, not the man in the black, but that little boy on Tatooine who told her he would marry her, that little boy who grew up to be so handsome with his eyes like the sea and hair like the sand. Padmé could barely survive but somehow pushed through. Everything changes, nothing stays the same, life continues, but Padmé did not want to continue. She wanted love, her love, not life.

Life Goes On
    But I'm Gone
    Cause I Die

Without You

Without

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    :_|

Just as hauntingly beautiful as the previous post. Keep this up!

11. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi-Thanks a lot!

If anyone has any song suggestions just say them.

12. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    Selfishly upping!

I think that my next songs are going to be in the new Saga Forum. So hope to see ya there! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.