main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Sons birthday party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dipschnit, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dipschnit

Dipschnit Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2007
    Hello,
    I just registered today and I must say, I am very impressed with the costumes you guys and girls have made. WOW just doesnt do them justice. Would anyone be willing to let me rent them for an hour or so for my sons 5th Birthday party on March 10,2007?(We live in Chesterfield,Co) He likes the dark side the most, mostly Vader and the Storm Troopers. This would really make his day since all he talks about is Star Wars and I do mean all he talks about too. His theme is Star Wars for the party and I could only imagine what kind of look he would have if he saw Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper drop by. Maybe a couple of Jedi also. He would be so excited, his excitement would probably make me wanna cry. If anyone could possibly do this please let me know and let me know what you would charge for it as well. Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks in advance,
    Charlie (Dip)

2. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    You should send in an appearance request to the 501st Legion via . Since most costumers in this group are members of the 501st Legion, we are bound by that protocol for appearance requests.

I do not know if Rebel Legion has a similar request form. Any Rebel Legion'ers know?

3. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    Usually party requests are handled outside the 501st since by 501st rules we don't do private parties. There is nothing stopping a group from helping a fellow Star Wars fan outside the 501st as long as it's clear we wouldn't be there representing the 501st. I'll be out of town that day - sorry Charlie!

4. Dipschnit

Dipschnit Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2007
    I actually sent a request after I posted this, I didnt think to check out their website first. I could swear I read their that they also did private parties, but fundraisers and charity events get first dibs. I could be wrong, as it was late when I was on there. I did get an e-mail telling me that it has been forwarded to the local chapter and they would contact me within 24hrs so I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.
    If they are unable to do this and their is anyone that would be willing to help out, I would be more than willing to pay for your time or make a charitable donation in your behalf. I completely understand and respect that if this was the case, that you wouldnt be there representing the 501st on this occassion.

Thanks again,
    Charlie(Dip)

5. shabad

shabad Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2006
    I think it's a local Garrison level rule, still hopefully there will be some troopers who will want to attend!

6. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Interesting. I am still in the "under construction" phase myself but that would be neat if there are a few Troopers for the job.

7. Dipschnit

Dipschnit Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2007
    Well I still havent had a response to my e-mail, It isnt looking good so far. Is there anyone you guys or girls might be able to check with to see if they would be interested? I could use all of the help I can get.

Thanks Again,
    Charlie(Dip)

8. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Nice to meet ya Charlie! I'm a member of the 501st also but unfortunately on that day I'll be up in Fairfax at a children's hospital for their Star Wars movie marathon. I believe there is also a St.Patricks day parade going on the same day in Arlington that are drawing members as well. not to mention whatever commitments people have in their regular lives. I hope you get a response to the positive but if you dont, please dont take it personal as there are only about 15 of us in the Richmond area. We usually plan our various events around the state months in advance. If things dont work out, perhaps you can bring your son to one of our fanforce meetings/suppers and one of us can bring our armor to show him. Best of luck to you.

9. Dipschnit

Dipschnit Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2007
    I am a little late trying to get the ball rolling on this (as my wife keeps telling me,lol) and I would never take it personal if everyone is busy with other arrangements. You guys have been great so far I totally understand if everyone is busy. I do appreciate everyones help and I'll keep my fingers crossed. I also appreciate the invite, my son and I just may take you up on that offer sometime. I did talk to a guy named Danny tonight, he is gonna check with a couple of other guys as well to see if anyone would be available. Thanks for all of your help guys.

May The Force Be With You (sorry, I couldnt resist)

Charlie(Dip)

10. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I know I cannot make it, I have a two day VA State chess tournament that I will be all weekend. Anyone else interested? I know this has been a busy time of year with all the armor builds for the 501st guys and several conventions this time of year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.