main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sony Microphones

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Fremen, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fremen

Fremen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2001
    Ok, I have a few questions I owuld like to ask.

1). I have a Sony DCR-TRV27 miniDV camcorder, and was wondering about the add on mics that you put on the smart shoe on top of the camera, whatever its called. Are they any good? Because in certain situations I get an "echoy" type of audio from my built in mic. And was wondering if the add on would eliminate this.

2). And if the add on mic wouldn't do much in the way of fixing the "echoy" noise, is there a cheap audio set up I could get that would eliminate this?

Thanks

2. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I haven't used the smaller Sony smart shoe mic. I have the DCR-TRV25.

I have an Azden SGM-X2 mic and a good beachtec XLR mixer. Total about $400. VERY good sound quality. But then again, I took the advice of everyone on the boards and didn't skimp on sound! :D (Thanks all!)

Seems that the sony mic was about $80?

3. Fremen

Sep 10, 2001
  4. AnakinGuy

AnakinGuy Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    I have the Sony DCR-VX2000, a nice camera, a little spendy for fanfilms, but I build Commercials and Motivational clips. For example, one of my clips was worth one thousand dollars a minute, and only cost me 80 bucks for the software!
    The Mic I recommend is the Senheiser, available from ebay, but VERY expensive. The audio is nice though. If you want a sony mic go to sony.com and look one up there, but remember, more expensive doesn't mean better quality, and be sure to get the type of mic you want. Well, that's about all I have to say so, Gushtavve!

5. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Arrr, nice to see yee again freeman. And here I thought you had walked the plank!

What has been keeping you from these shores as of late?

6. Fremen

Sep 10, 2001
    School, mostly and I am trying to do TV Commercials and work on my FanFilm. I had a script done for it about 2 or 3 years ago, and decided it needed some more plot and story to it. Same story I have right now just adding back storys to my characters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.