main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sony NEX VG20 (Interchangeable lens camcorder)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by dvdcdr, Dec 7, 2011.

1. dvdcdr

dvdcdr Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2006
    Last year I was looking at the VG10, and decided to hold off until I had the money for it. I am just about ready to invest in a new cam now and notice that the reviews for the updated VG20 are less than stellar. Missing features, awkward functionality.

Has anyone used either of these cameras? Would it be worth it to get the VG10 instead, or maybe wate until the VG20 gets some firmware upgrades?

$2000 is really the most I can afford, and I have no desire in purchasing a DSLR, so it looks like I would have to buy something in this family. I am just not sure what the right move is at this point.

2. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    I asked about it a month or so ago, and the VG20 is what I'm considering when I get a camera for myself. Sensor's not full frame but still a lot better than other camcorders out there. Lack of XLR input hurts. And with that size sensor you'll get noticeable rolling shutter if you don't film it right, my main stumbling block, though it's frustratingly hard to find video examples of it. People test the camera and don't even induce rolling shutter slanting, gawd.

Otherwise a really solid camera.