main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii Soon to be visiting. Toys?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Gesh_Bomil, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gesh_Bomil

Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Aloha!

I'm coming to visit your island paradise and will be docking at Pearl Harbour. So here's my query to paraphrase a superhero film, "So where do they get those wonderful toys".

I know of Rainbow books for RPG's and K-Mart/Pearl Ridge mall for toys (K&B, ToysRUS). Just wondering if there were any other good spots for toy hunting at reasonable prices. I heard that the Wal-Mart trade federation has moved in near Pearl Ridge as well (for those Wal-Mart exclusives). Can anybody assist me?

Thanks.

Gesh

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Toyz R Us usually has a good selection. Any of the WalMart stores. If you're floating into Pearl Harbor, you will have military exchange privileges, so go to the new Navy Exchange. There should be a courtesy shuttle bus to bring you from your ship to the main Navy shopping complex. There is some stuff in the Navy Exchange. I'm going by there this morning, and will look to see what they've got in stock. You can also go into the commissary there and pick up your kona coffee and macadamia nut candies and cookies.

What kind of toys are you looking for? When are you coming? Perhaps we can meet?

3. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    >Toyz R Us usually has a good selection. Any of the WalMart stores.

Where exactly is the Wal-Mart near Pearl Ridge?

>If you're floating into Pearl Harbor, you will have military exchange privileges, so go to the new Navy Exchange. There should be a courtesy shuttle bus to bring you from your ship to the main Navy shopping complex.

I always go there first to get a price comparison. I usually wait for the bus for about 5 minutes then start walking. I go at a good pace. How's the new complex doing? When I was there in September it looked very impressive.

>There is some stuff in the Navy Exchange. I'm going by there this morning, and will look to see what they've got in stock. You can also go into the commissary there and pick up your kona coffee and macadamia nut candies and cookies.

I'm not a coffee drinker but some of my friends are. Everybody I know (including me) love the nuts! Thanks for checking the toys for me mac-nut.

>What kind of toys are you looking for?

Star Wars, of course. Specifically Micromachine Action Fleet, 12 inch and 3 inch including vehicles. Stickfas too for non-SW. For RPG's looking for SW (have all the d20 stuff except Core worlds, equipment and Alien guidebooks. Interested in adventures and soursebooks from WEG era), d20 Modern (all), d20 Spycraft (all), new edition of Champions and European board games that I don't have. There's a store behind Tower Records across from Pearl Ridge that was called Jelly's but now called Curious or something. They used to have old games but when I was there in September the game stuff had been moved aside. Still had some stuff though including European games at half price. I always like Rainbow for their selection of used games and Graphic novels.

>When are you coming?

April 22nd. Right after Easter Monday and will be staying for four days. My Aunt and Uncle live there so I'll be spending some time with them (maybe, he's a stand-in semi-retired United Minister on one of the islands but they live on Oahu when not there).

Perhaps we can meet?

Sure! Always glad to meet SW fans. What movies are out in Hawaii?

Gesh

4. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    I knew I forgot to do something this morning. Was in the exchange to pick up some stuff, but forget to check out the star wars toys. Since you're coming next week, you go ahead and go to the Navy Exchange to check it all out. Gives you a reason to go there. The new complex is absolutely great; you will love it.

The only WalMart I shop at and know of really is in Mililani, towards the North Shore, closer to Schofield Barracks.

Ah, ok, since you're only here 4 days, and you have family here, then you're not alone. Go shopping, check out the new Navy Exchange and Commissary, and have dinner with your family. I just didn't want you to be alone here and wandering around aimlessly looking for action...... :D :D :D

5. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    >I knew I forgot to do something this morning. Was in the exchange to pick up some stuff, but forget to check out the star wars toys. Since you're coming next week, you go ahead and go to the Navy Exchange to check it all out. Gives you a reason to go there. The new complex is absolutely great; you will love it.

Exellent, thanks.

>The only WalMart I shop at and know of really is in Mililani, towards the North Shore, closer to Schofield Barracks.

According to their website there's two. I just hope that K-Mart by the stadium is still open. I find good deals there occassionally.

>Ah, ok, since you're only here 4 days, and you have family here, then you're not alone. Go shopping, check out the new Navy Exchange and Commissary, and have dinner with your family. I just didn't want you to be alone here and wandering around aimlessly looking for action..

Nope, i'm married so looking for action is not part of my plan. Even if i am in the Navy, my sense of honor to ANY woman that i'm with has always been rocksolid.

Who knows about time available though, i'm emailing my relatives and they may be still on one off the islands. Always willing to go to the movies or hangout with SW fans! Even GM a game of SW if there is enough time.

Gesh

6. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Info removed by author's request.

7. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Gesh,

I didn't notice until this morning that I had posted all my personal info here, so I've PM'd it to you.

Those are work days for me next week, but I'll be able to pick you up on my way home, if you want to go anywhere. Let me know which pier/dock you'll be moored at. We are military so I have no problem getting on Pearl Harbor. Hope you're moored at Battleship Row, as there's more parking there. You can call me or PM me or email me how to reach you when you dock.

8. Gesh_Bomil

May 24, 2002
    Thanks for the info and i've PM'd you mac-nut. Sounds like fun. Hope to meet you and the other SW fans of Hawaii. Anybody else have good toy places? I just remembered that i'm also looking for 12 inch Dragon figures, in particular the John Glen Astronaut or the other astronaught guy. Thanks.

Gesh

9. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    There's a collector's store in Ward Warehouse, on the second floor, that carries all kinds of stuff, but they're kinda expensive.

You might want to do a web search to see if those items are available on the market at all. try amazon.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.