main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sooo....

Discussion in 'Communications' started by GrandAdmiralPelleaon, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWantToBeAMod

IWantToBeAMod Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    No, DUSHONI, it does not. [face_plain]

2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Us cool people are using teh "teh" to replace "the" because it = teh cool.

It's just a cool way of saying things. ;)

PB is no longer a mod? :( He was a great mod.

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    What? PB was one of teh best mods! :eek:

EDIT: I 1st saw "teh" in the games forum...and now I use it in other parts of the boards. And real life. I'm sad sometimes, aren't I?

4. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Just so most of you know, some of the statements issued here on an official basis are completely not true. While I don't want to cause any bad blood, I think the story should be put straight. I came to an agreement with Scott to keep my moderating duties to a minimum, with the exception of Games and Mod Squad. I have of my part of the bargain, never setting outside of what Scott and I agreed. Last night without any previous knowledge on my part, they removed all of my duties here because of some things I said in Private Boards. The items that they had a disapproval were the following:
    • My telling the Administration that I am not here to set policy anymore, and that if they feel a policy needs to be changed I would follow it.
    • Giving some with the rank of Administrator some advise to learn to find out facts on his own instead of believing the word of mouth, especially when he has all the resources right in front of him to learn those facts.
    • Emotionally agreeing with something Tellesto said.

Now, I have a lot of work cut out for me. First and foremost, I must do what it takes to prove that I am doing something for TFN Games, evidently Scott doesn't think there is any evidence of me even doing anything. I've got to figure this one out myself; I always believed that quality news should be posted over a quantity of news, but the views of TFN Games fans and now the Staff leads me to believe that even if the news is of a different angle screenshot we've already seen, it must be posted. Then I must find someone that I can coordinate activities in the Games forum with. I will probably make my decision later today.

I doubt many of you care about this, but then again, it is DRAMA! I don't want any of you to raise a fuss about it, I must do what is asked. I'll do my best to try and enjoy this work.

5. Scott

Scott TFN Founder star 2 VIP

Jun 25, 2000
    I had hoped to keep admin business behind the scenes and avoid more internet DRAMA!, but I must respond to what Preacherboy posted.

Preacherboy was demoted because he has all the subtlety and tact of a bull in a china shop. As many of you have probably witnessed, he can be extremely harsh at times. As abrasive as he is to regular visitors, he is to his fellow admins. Some of his behavior was in violation of the admin agreement, so he was demoted. We are serious about restructuring the admin leadership in this forum, and that was part of it. I encourage readers to e-mail us and discuss moderator issues because we will take action if we deem it necessary.

That being said, Preacherboy is freed to spend his time working in the TFN Games section. I think he has been doing a fantastic job there ensuring that there are regular updates. With all the new games coming out, he's really helped bring things up to speed there. He's made it a section appealing to both hard core gamers and casual fans such as myself. I think that is where his talent lies and that's where he's of the most value to TFN and its readers.

So rather than just unceremoniously giving him the boot, we promoted him to TFN staff. I believe that's a fair deal.

Scott

6. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    No fuss...? :( Okay, if you insist...I was looking forward to fussing....

Scott, should you have spelled it "t4ct"? ;)

7. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    I apologize for posting my mislead beliefs as to what Scott meant when he said to me. After another message, everything has been cleared up in a way that I see completely rational.

8. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    PreacherBoy demoted, never thought I'd see the day.

9. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    So rather than just unceremoniously giving him the boot, we promoted him to TFN staff. I believe that's a fair deal.

PB had already been promoted to TFN staff. And has been a manager for as long as I've been here. He was doing both just fine, as far as anyone could see. He's even winning the best manager poll in census by a clear 15%.

If I'm being thick, then say, but it's unclear to me as to what the actual trigger factor to all this is. PB's attitude is constant, and in most cases where he is rude to someone, they deserve it for causing trouble or pushing boundaries. Taking myself as a case in point.

WHY CAN'T YOU DEMOTE LORD BANE INSTEAD?!

10. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    and in most cases where he is rude to someone, they deserve it for causing trouble or pushing boundaries

There's never a need to be rude. Admins/Mods should be an example to others.

11. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    I didn't say there was a need, just that people act up and come to deserve a well-placed putdown.

12. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    "they deserve it for causing trouble or pushing boundaries"

You act like pushing boundaries is a bad thing. Boundries need to be tested. Always question authority. Always.

13. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Absolutely. I've been banned twice in the last month! ;)

14. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    "just that people act up and come to deserve a well-placed putdown. "

Nope. People should be allowed to disagree with the mods without getting putdown.

The simple fact is that all users deserve to be treated with respect. If a user (mod or not) doesnt treat others with respect, then they are going to get in trouble.

15. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Is EVERYONE gonna twist my words? I didn't even mention disagreeing with a mod, I just said if a person acts up.

I request that people read and understand my comments before replying.

Anyway, my point was that I see no immediate trigger factor in this treatment of PB. I was wondering why now, exactly?

16. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Is EVERYONE gonna twist my words?

Ah, so you ADMIT killing him!

:)

17. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! I CAN'T... CONTROL... THE HAND!

18. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    "Is EVERYONE gonna twist my words?"

This coming from a guy named Jedi-Corleone, heheh.

Let me make you an offer you can't refuse.

19. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    OK, so I wont twist your words. You entire comment was:
    "I didn't say there was a need, just that people act up and come to deserve a well-placed putdown. "

My response is still the same.

NOONE deserves a putdown. If people act up, ignore them. If people are criticising, act like an adult, and discuss, but dont insult.

Am I still twisting your words?

20. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Then I must find someone that I can coordinate activities in the Games forum with. I will probably make my decision later today.

Step on up, Charlie_Martel...

21. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Alright, we have PB and Scott come in here and post official stuff. I think we're about through here.

22. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I don't have much to say, other than it's pretty annoying to have this happen about ten days before JKII was released. Oh well.

23. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Why was this locked and unlocked?

24. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2000
    Look on the brightside, we lose Preach as a mod but gain a mod with DarthSapient.

25. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Whatever. Why doesn't this forum just go back to complaining about spoilers, moaning about the clock and instructing Red_Oktobur as to how it all works...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.