main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto sooooooo..... (the line-up)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by satur9, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satur9

satur9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    when exactly will everyone be lining up? i'm curious...this will be my first SW in toronto...i used to live in a medium-sized city, and we lined up the night before for ep1...

2. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi satur9.

We'll be lining up on the sidewalk out front of the Sheppard Grande starting the evening of May 10th and carrying on through to the first showing on the 16th.

The line is set up to be a freeflowing event. Think of a sci-fi convention where all the guests have cancelled and the venue has thrown us out onto the street, and you'll have an idea of what the line is like. Come on out to our Meet 'n Greet or the Spidey Movie Night and you'll get a glimpse as to what it's like.

In the end, the point is to have fun and meet new people. A lot of the fine points about the line are covered in our FAQs but if you have any more, please feel to ask here or to drop me a line at tragiclad@thetorontoline.com

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey, welcome to the boards!

Tragic answered pretty much everything, just wanted to pop in and say yo-yo ma.

4. satur9

satur9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    crappy...i mean, that's a cool idea...but for those of us who have to work, and can't really afford to take 6 days off, that really bites.

i mean, i love sw...i grew up with the movies, but i just can't afford to get there right now. crap. will the tix go on sale on-line or anything?

5. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I can relate. I work a full time job out in Mississauga, and May is our busiest time of the year. As much as I'd like to take a few days off for the line, they just can't spare me.

But that's why we've assumed a very free-flowing nature to the line. Come when you can. Stay for as long as you like.

It's not about getting in at the exclusion of everyone else. It's not about setting any sort of record or undergoing an endurence test. It's about having fun and making a bunch of new friends.

I'm not likely to rack up a lot of hours in this line, but I don't mind. So I'm 132nd into the theatre? Maybe even further back in the line. What does that matter when I'm in a theatre full of friends seeing the continuation of the saga that I love?

6. Darth_Sunder

Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    *Sniffs*

That was beautiful man...

:p

7. satur9

satur9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    well, i never thought of it that way. as long as i get a ticket, i'm happy with it...come for a few hours, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.