main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sorry to any new people persons who were locked out by the pizza eaters

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Since I'm one of the first blokes back on the forums after the unlock, I figure I'd just try to ease any stress on our newly minted JCers. IGN doesn't always "go out for pizza" like the technical difficulty screen said. Hope anyone who was looking to sign up doesn't get discouraged... we seem to be back; and even though I'm the negative, cranky old codger of the WNU, I will gladly have *pillow fights* or whatever if anyone new is looking for signs of life on here.

Until Natalie or Skiara show up, PM me if you have any questions about where stuff is or how it works on here. I should be in YJCC most of the night, so I'll be around until actual authority figures show up.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks, MyKe!!

We are indeed back up, and I'll second saying that that doesn't happen very often. Like, a handful of times max in my 9 years here.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sweetness. Somebody who has actual knowledge and authority has arrived. PM her from this point on. And hit her with pillows instead of me. I get to be antisocial and bitter, again. Besides, she's way prettier than I am.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Looks like Cad Bane and his gang has taken over the forums.

"I'm in control. I make the rules now!"

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, that 'pizza' screen got annoying yesterday.

The short version is that IGN moved to new servers overnight on the 25th. They host these boards. Apparently they announced it to their users - just not to us. Yesterday our boards were pointed to the new IP address once the board owner had it and now it's just a matter of when your ISP does DNS updates to get the boards.theforce.net information updated.

(If you want the longer story, see the Tech Problem thread over in Comms .)

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for remembering new users and giving help to them, Myke, our lovely cranky old codger! [:D]

As NYCitygurl and Laj (our tech admin) said above it was all about ign changing servers. So we should be back to normal. At least that's what I hope.

In case there's another "out on pizza" or "site not available", don't give up and try it again every 24 hours. We won't vanish suddenly without coming back soon afterwards. ;) :)

So... Did everyone survived the little break well? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.