main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SOS - Luke Skywalker - Version 3.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ulicus , Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Sodoes the entire SW universe celebrate Life Day orjust thewookies?

2. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Oh, okay! When you said something about you knew there was a reason that I identified with Luke so much, I thought you were referring to Luke as the "problem student".

Yeah, but it's not just Kyp. There's also Brakiss. What is it with KJA and bishonen villains, anyway? I swear, every last one of KJA's male villains is ridiculously handsome, and everyone comments on this.

Good answers!

And for Jaina, consistent characterization. Gods know she needs it.

3. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Yikes, this poor little thread has been neglected and forgotten. :(

RK_Striker_JK_5 :

Hope everyone had a good holiday, whatever you celebrate.

Thanks! You too, Striker!

Happy New Year to Everyone!

May Luke have some GREAT characterizations and roles in 2011!

RedHanded_Jill : Sodoes the entire SW universe celebrate Life Day orjust thewookies?

Good question. I don't know...

DarthIktomi : And for Jaina, consistent characterization. Gods know she needs it.

So true!

And a new boyfriend too. I'm really not a fan of Jaina/Jag!

4. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    Well, there's always Kyp. I've always paired her more with our resident Sixth Ranger Zekk, though.

5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CHANCELLOR

*A hologram slowly begins to form eventually coalescing into a
    humanoid shape. The cross T visor and beskar armor identify
    him as a Mandalorian mercenary. A jetii'kad trophy swings freely
    at his belt as he begins to speak.*

Greetings, gentlebeings, allow me to introduce myself. I am Bardan_Jusik Mandalorian warrior and currently under contract to the EU Senate as Director of Security. As per the EU Constitution, Lady Adalia-Durron has stepped down as Chancellor and dissolved the current government. The time has come for the Senators of all threads to come together and elect a new Chancellor, a strong Chancellor. If your thread has no sitting Senator, you may elect one and be represented in the Senate.

The candidates thus far are; Adalia-Durron, the incumbent, for Chancellor
    and her running mate for Vice-Chancellor, Albaholly. Opposing
    them are Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor and his running mate
    Sinrebirth for Vice-Chancellor. The vote is scheduled for 23
    January. If you have any other candidates you wish to nominate or wish to add to the discussion follow this link

http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/31471142/p2/?31

We in the Senate look forward to your participation.

END TRANSMISSION

6. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Yikes, this poor little thread has been neglected and forgotten

look at the posting, can you blame us???? anyway maybe they should just go with one luke thread

7. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Does anyone remember what we were talking about?

8. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    JediMatteus : anyway maybe they should just go with one luke thread

Well, historically there *was* only one SOS Luke Skywalker thread, and it was in Lit. But one of the mods had a problem with the fact that the SOS thread was always going off-topic and talking about anything and everything SW at times, without connecting anything to Luke. SO they tossed SOS here in Community. After petitions to have SOS reinstated to Lit were successful, this thread was also left open to be a more "social" thread and to allow diverse discussion.

We need to relate everything to Luke in the Lit SOS thread and are only allowed to go off on short tangents there.

You're right that not much discussion has happened here of late, but I've noticed that there really hasn't been a tremendous amount of activity on most of the boards recently. There don't seem to be as many people posting on a regular basis as there were earlier.

I haven't posted here much because I don't really have all that much free time to post on the boards anyway, so I spend most of the time I have on the Lit boards, and mostly on the SOS thread.

MS and Jedi Ben used to discuss comics here a lot, but they haven't been doing that very much. Still, I like having this thread open in case we get into another discussion in SOS Lit that goes off-topic, like some involving Jaina and Jacen and Cade sometimes do. Then the discussions can be continued over here.

RedHanded_Jill : Does anyone remember what we were talking about?

I think the last small discussion involved what Luke would give the other SW characters for Christmas/Life Day. Feel free to start a topic here or in the Lit SOS thread. You've been missed in Lit!

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I think we were talking about pancakes. ;) I like pancakes! :D

Ah, the holiday season is over and it's 2011. I have but one resolution-to do some traveling.

10. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    *hears a suspicious whistling sound; looks up and gulps nervously as he pulls out a tiny umbrella and holds it above his head*
    Pancakes? Are you sure we weren't discussing anvils? *gets creamed by the falling anvil that was making the whistling noise*

...anyone who's read many of my posts in the Wes Janson Fan Club would get the irony of this situation...

Anywho, how's the EUC SOS Thread doing?

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Not too bad, Dewback. :) And your post more reminded me of Wile E. Coyote than anything else. [face_laugh] Ah, good times. :D

12. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    There's a reason why- I cause a lot of anvil-related injuries there as part of the Wes Janson Fan Club's general zaniness because, y'know Road Runner is my favorite Looney Tunes character and all. Ergo, the irony is that I just got hit with one of my own anvils- so, who wants to play a jaunty polka with me? *came out from under the anvil shaped- and sounding- like an accordion* :p

Joking aside, while we're on the subject of Road Runner cartoons, my favorite gag of all time? Wile E. Coyote tries to blow up one end of a suspension bridge that Road Runner is standing on, but the rock ledge it's attached to- and he's standing on- falls instead. He holds up a sign that says, "You're violating the law of gravity!"

Road Runner holds up a sign that says, "I never studied law!"

Slays me every time! [face_laugh]

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Bardan,

While the invite is certainly appreciated, this thread maintains a policy of polite non-involvement, so has to decline but do feel free to proceed without us! [face_peace]

Now changing tack...

Dewback obviously buys from ACME.

But more importantly, Star Wars on Blu-Ray. Over here the online price is £70 for a 9-disc set and it has to be said, the SW movies would benefit from being on Blu-Ray. The question surely must be - what tinkering will be done? For the better or worse?

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    I already own the DVD set. That's enough for me. I don't buy multiple copies of stuff unless I have to.

15. EUS_Update

EUS_Update Jedi Knight

Jun 4, 2005
    **Dusts off his old Minister of Internal Affairs vestments and walks in with a mild fanfare**

Hear ye, hear ye...

The Expanded Universe Senate is calling all Senators and Leaders of the EUC. It is now time to vote for the ones who will be assisting our Emperor GrandAdmiralJello and Modess s65horsey in running our Community through the New Senate. The manditory nomination and examination period has expired and the time for voting is at hand!

For your information the candidates are...

Evil_King_Wiggins for Chancellor with Sinrebirth as his Vice Chancellor

&

Adalia Durron for Chancellor with Albaholly as her Vice Chancellor.

Voting has begun and will last for one week. Please consult with the members of the group you represent before rendering your vote.

Thank you

And as always...

It's your EUC, be part of it!!!.

16. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Jedi Ben :But more importantly, Star Wars on Blu-Ray. Over here the online price is £70 for a 9-disc set and it has to be said, the SW movies would benefit from being on Blu-Ray. The question surely must be - what tinkering will be done? For the better or worse?

I'm not going to get it. I already bought Star Wars on VHS and then on DVD. I even bought the DVDs twice because they offered the original versions of the films on that set, and I really like the originals best. So, I'm done. I figure if I purchase blue ray, they will eventually make yet another format. Everything becomes obsolete far too quickly today.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I suspect BluRay will be the last physical format COW, after that it'll be virtual copies streamed and downloaded. Like you I've the originals on DVD - laer discs transferred and purchased via Ebay plus the infamous Geordie Edit.

Probably depend on the extras.

18. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Jedi Ben : I suspect BluRay will be the last physical format COW, after that it'll be virtual copies streamed and downloaded.

I don't know, JB... You know the power of the almighty dollar. If a company can continue to make MORE money by making one physical format obsolete and creating another... it will do it! :(

JB and Dew: I'm looking forward to reading the new Knight Errant book and comics. Do you think it's essential to read the comics first? I all but the final issue of the first series. Should I wait until I get that final issue before reading the novel?

Does anyone know whether there will be future comic book arcs in the Knight Errant series or not?

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Heh, your cynicism is well-founded but in this case.... Already there are cases where a 400GB disc has been created - a colleague of mine uses data cartridges to back up the huge datasets he works with, the tapes have 800GB capacity! We're at the point where the storage capability is in place, the fibreoptics need to catch up to enable high-speed streaming and download but once that's in place - bye, bye physical copies.

Which personally I find to be a shame, I like holding something in my hands after buying then again my cinema going looks to decline greatly as they try to shove 3D down my throat which I do not give a toss about, nor do I care or have the money for 3D TV or gaming!

As to KE, you don't need to wait, yes there are refs to something going down on Chelloa - so the chronology is comic, book - but the refs are not of the kind that require you to have read Aflame or know how it concluded, it is very smartly done.

I've been asking John if he can confirm which will be the next part, book or comic - I'd suspect both won't be out until next year as JJM has to write both and he isn't just working on SW, plus DHC only have space for so many SW series at a time.

I don't know how he does it but like KOTOR, JJM has an uncanny ability to write stories that cross the entire range of SW fans and are liked by all! It's pretty much unheard of, but he already did it once with KOTOR and now again with KE.

20. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    Jedi Ben : We're at the point where the storage capability is in place, the fibreoptics need to catch up to enable high-speed streaming and download but once that's in place - bye, bye physical copies.

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'm with you though: when I buy something, I'd like to be able to actually see and hold it in my hands.

my cinema going looks to decline greatly as they try to shove 3D down my throat which I do not give a toss about, nor do I care or have the money for 3D TV or gaming!

I don't play the games at all, and I'm not a big fan of 3D either. I did like Avatar in it, but for most films, I really don't care for the 3D. I hate wearing those glasses and I don't really like having things pop out at me every few minutes.

As to KE, you don't need to wait, yes there are refs to something going down on Chelloa - so the chronology is comic, book - but the refs are not of the kind that require you to have read Aflame or know how it concluded, it is very smartly done.

Thanks! I have all but the last issue of the first arc in the comic books, so maybe I'll start off with those, but I won't wait until the final issue arrives before I read the novel.

I've been asking John if he can confirm which will be the next part, book or comic - I'd suspect both won't be out until next year

That's too bad. I like when things are more regular. I wonder when we'll see the next copy of Invasion too.

I don't know how he does it but like KOTOR, JJM has an uncanny ability to write stories that cross the entire range of SW fans and are liked by all!

I do know that I really enjoyed his KotOR comics, and I even like his short stories about the Sith. He's a great story teller. It's too bad that he doesn't write the Big Three.

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Like Windy, I prefer physical medium to data storage on my PC.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    COW,

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'm with you though: when I buy something, I'd like to be able to actually see and hold it in my hands.

* The conspiracy theorist in me says the companies don't like the idea of a 400GB capacity disc, but tough, tech's here.

I don't play the games at all, and I'm not a big fan of 3D either. I did like Avatar in it, but for most films, I really don't care for the 3D. I hate wearing those glasses and I don't really like having things pop out at me every few minutes.

* The sensory element is another thing I fear may be too much with 3D too, I've noticed with games I can't play like I used to and part of that is due to a far greater level of graphic and audio intensity.

Thanks! I have all but the last issue of the first arc in the comic books, so maybe I'll start off with those, but I won't wait until the final issue arrives before I read the novel.

* A week and a half to go, though once Aflame's done I'll likely be TPB waiting as I need to reduce my comic buying.

That's too bad. I like when things are more regular. I wonder when we'll see the next copy of Invasion too.

* Perhaps May/June/July if we're lucky, needs to be a clear spot in DHC's set of 3-4 SW comics a month.

I do know that I really enjoyed his KotOR comics, and I even like his short stories about the Sith. He's a great story teller. It's too bad that he doesn't write the Big Three.

* You like his Lost Tribe stories? Wow, that's quite a surprising achievement - quite the tstimony! I haven't yet checked those out.

23. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    put the nail in this coffin already[face_not_talking]

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    The hell are you talking about?!

25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    haha, sorry i just think this thread has become worthless. and thats sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.