main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SOS - Luke Skywalker - Version 3.0

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ulicus , Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    when i came over here from starwars.com i tried to start this exact thread, and it got locked. they are not interested in a thread like that on here. besides luke skywalker is easily the most powerful force user

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Come on COW, we're talking Dave Dorman art here, look at this one:

[image=http://zonamasekot.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/luke_on_hoth_by_dave_dorman.jpg]

How can you not like how he depicts Luke?

As to Harrington, yeah I can see Charles recommending them, I'll be starting that 3rd book soon too. It's looking at me from the shelf accusingly: Why haven't you read me?

Yeah, but remember Stover Luke - you get a chance but muck it up and you get a kicking!

3. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    JediMatteus : when i came over here from starwars.com i tried to start this exact thread, and it got locked.

You tried to start an SOS thread? Was it because there was already an SOS thread?

besides luke skywalker is easily the most powerful force user

Well, I certainly agree about that! :) ;)

Jedi Ben : Come on COW, we're talking Dave Dorman art here, look at this one:How can you not like how he depicts Luke?

Oh, don't get me wrong: I really like Dave Dorman too. In fact, I own some prints of his work, like the one you posted. But I thought you were talking about Dark Empire?

I really do like Chris Trevas' work too though. I'd like to see him do some of the novel covers.

Yeah, but remember Stover Luke - you get a chance but muck it up and you get a kicking!

Which I think works just fine...

4. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    interesting.... I haven't posted here for quite a while since the whole SOS controversy. Still good to see some activity over here.

here's a question to ponder on, what was Luke's greatest feat in your opinion. It could be be a feat of power or any other type.

5. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Was it because there was already an SOS thread?

no there was no thread. the mods just don't like opinion threads like that.

6. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    MasterSkywalker86

Probably a tie between cushioning the crashing Star Destroyer so it could land safely and rebuilding Vader's little seaside castle in a few minutes so he could use it as a hermitage.

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    sdaly this is a dead thread.

8. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    We just have very little off-topic to discuss, is all. ;)

9. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    If that's supposed to be from Empire, the lightsaber should be blue.

10. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    DarthIktomi : If that's supposed to be from Empire, the lightsaber should be blue.

Do you know, I never noticed that! ;)

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm on vacation!

12. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Woo! Where are you, Striker? Somewhere awesome? :D

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Not this time, Dewback. Last time I flew to Utah from NH. This time I'm doing yardwork-once the snow melts-and organizing my CDs. I'm bringing down the majority of them to the local FYE to trade in for credit.

And also doing some work in the shed next to the house.

14. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    RK_Striker_JK_5 : Not this time, Dewback. Last time I flew to Utah from NH. This time I'm doing yardwork-once the snow melts-and organizing my CDs. I'm bringing down the majority of them to the local FYE to trade in for credit. And also doing some work in the shed next to the house. W

Well, I hope you managed to have at least a little fun anyway... ;) It's always nice to be off, even if you don't go on vacation. The pace is so much more relaxing, even if you have chores to do. I'm looking forward to mine starting on Friday. It will continue through the Monday after Easter. The last few years, we've gotten off on Good Friday and the week after Easter, but since Easter is so late this year and summer break starts so early, we're getting the week before instead.

Did you ever finish your Star Wars story with Luke, Mara, and the rest of the SkySolos?

15. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    This poor Luke thread has been sadly neglected lately.

I'll bump it up by saying that I hope Luke makes one more appearance in the Legacy comic. I do think that he was only included in Legacy to sell some early issues of the series as he never really accomplished anything and didn't make any impression on Cade. Still, it's always good to see or read about Luke, so I'm glad he made an appearance even if he didn't really have a role in it. And that's why I hope we get to see him again in the last issue.

16. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    What would be awesome is if, when Krayt is gone and his Super-Sith Cyborgs all go caput, Cade is rewarded by the smiling Force ghosts of Luke, Kol, and Wolf Sazen.

I don't care if it's a cheesy ROTJ callback- no, strike that. I like it BECAUSE it's a cheesy ROTJ callback. :p

17. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    dewback_rancher What would be awesome is if, when Krayt is gone and his Super-Sith Cyborgs all go caput, Cade is rewarded by the smiling Force ghosts of Luke, Kol, and Wolf Sazen. I don't care if it's a cheesy ROTJ callback- no, strike that. I like it BECAUSE it's a cheesy ROTJ callback.

I think it's highly likely that we might get something like that... unless, of course, Cade dies. Then maybe we'll see an image of Cade *with* Luke, Kol, and Wolf...

18. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    This poor thread seems to have been forgotten. :( Where's Jedi Ben to talk about the comics?

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    and Hayden...

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110211235650/starwars/images/thumb/8/84/AnakinSkywalkerghost.jpg/447px-AnakinSkywalkerghost.jpg]

20. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Better throw Mara in there for good measure. XD

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    <decloaks>

Hmm, comics... Oh you mean the monthly SW comics that have just ended with Legacy: War #6?

I'll still likely get a few of the TPBs that come out, most likely Knight Errant, Invasion and Dark Times but apart from that? Hard to say, will depend on what reception the other stories get and ease of availability of TPB and cost. But I've been buying SW comics, in monthly form since 1993 and that's now ended. Why? DHC axed KOTOR and then pulled the rug out from Legacy - crippling it in the process - in an act of commercial idiocy.

As to other comics... Well, let's see... Paul Cornell's Action Comics run that started off so well imploded badly. I'm starting to think he's best on writing anything that examines English identity because he hits gold every time - don't believe me? Read Captain Britain & MI-13, all 3 volumes, then grab Batman: Knight & Squire due next month, both are wonderful.

Hickman's Secret Warriors is approaching its finale and has Nick Fury as the baddest bastard on the planet, his SHIELD series is also returning so that will be a must-read. Hickman has been one of the most interesting writers of the last couple of years. Oh and the Avengers Children's Crusade is proving to be a great, ambitious story with art to match.

Over at DC, Morrison's Batman Inc is spectacular fun as he continues to reinvent Batman / Bruce Wayne as a guy you'd like to spend time with! That doesn't seem a big deal, until you factor in what a paranoid, misanthropic loner Batman has become due to the influence of Frank Miller.

Oh and Zorro returns in July, with Wagner writing it! I was highly miffed with Dynamite for axing the series about a year ago so great to see it return. There's 2 Zorro TPBs with Wagner's name on them, get 'em. One has art by Francovilla who's gone up the hierarchy of artists and got noticed by Marvel.

22. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001
    CT-867-5309 : and Hayden...

Well, since Cade never really knew Anakin Skywalker and didn't have regular "visits" from him, I don't think he should have been there with the other Force ghosts. I really think Luke and Kol would have been perfect.

As for Hayden, I'm still not happy that they inserted his head in place of that of the Original actor who played the older Anakin Skywalker. In the first place, he looked nothing like the old man that Luke saw beneath the helmet. How was Luke even supposed to know that was Anakin when he saw him as a Force ghost. Plus, Hayden just had that goofy grin on his face and wasn't even looking at Luke. In the original film, the ghost of Anakin looked directly at his son and smiled at him. He was a father who was proud of his son and grateful for helping to redeem him. The Hayden Anakin looked like Luke's smirking twin brother.

Jedi Ben <decloaks>
    Hmm, comics... Oh you mean the monthly SW comics that have just ended with Legacy: War #6?

Hi, Ben!!! Yes! What did you think of the ending? Frankly, I didn't like it much, but I don't know if we're allowed to talk about it here or not. I'll just say that it didn't seem like much of an ending...

I'll still likely get a few of the TPBs that come out, most likely Knight Errant, Invasion and Dark Times but apart from that?

I'm still reading Invasion. I'm not sure about whether I'll continue with KE or not. It depends on what the spoilers about it say. I don't read Dark times.

Why? DHC axed KOTOR and then pulled the rug out from Legacy - crippling it in the process - in an act of commercial idiocy.

Yes, it really doesn't make any sense. I have NO idea why they would ax their two most popular SW titles. Not only does that seem like a huge economic mistake, but it has also led to a lot of rather poor public relations. DH was so popular with so many people and they were held up as the publisher that all the other SW publishers should look to, but now they have soured a lot of people about them by cutting some of the fan favorites.... and at a time when they were still doing well financially too. No one has ever explained that to us sufficiently either, I don't think.

As to other comics...

I see that you follow a LOT of other comics!!! I would think that would get to be a rather expensive hobby after a while! Or, do you get some of them at the library?

Good "chatting" with you here again, Ben!

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Hi COW,

Hi, Ben!!! Yes! What did you think of the ending? Frankly, I didn't like it much, but I don't know if we're allowed to talk about it here or not. I'll just say that it didn't seem like much of an ending...

* I think we are allowed, Sinny'll always apply HTR if not and let us know. But yeah, it doesn't read as a series ending. End of a creative run? Definitely, John and Jan have done their story and they've placed the baton for someone else to pick up.

I'm still reading Invasion. I'm not sure about whether I'll continue with KE or not. It depends on what the spoilers about it say. I don't read Dark times.

* I really like Wheatley's art on Dark Times.

Yes, it really doesn't make any sense. I have NO idea why they would ax their two most popular SW titles. Not only does that seem like a huge economic mistake, but it has also led to a lot of rather poor public relations. DH was so popular with so many people and they were held up as the publisher that all the other SW publishers should look to,

* I'm now wondering if DHC know what they threw away with these decisions.

but now they have soured a lot of people about them by cutting some of the fan favorites.... and at a time when they were still doing well financially too. No one has ever explained that to us sufficiently either, I don't think.

* I suspect they'll go for the company standard of hoping to gain fans to replace lost fans, but I'm not convinced the strategy is right, that SW titles will be overlooked in favour of more aggressively promoted titles.

I see that you follow a LOT of other comics!!! I would think that would get to be a rather expensive hobby after a while! Or, do you get some of them at the library?

* The answer is it did too pricey then I dropped a lot of DC/Marvel output, which has rendered it affordable. I'm also selling TPBs I don't want anymore on Amazon while buying new TPBs online with 30-40% off! Books are the primary hoby, with DVDs in second, games are now third. Generally, I like seeing stories told in various ways.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Hey, Ben. The TARDIS lands in Star Wars. What shavit goes down?

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    "Time can be re-written"

How's that for starters? :)

By the by, are you up-to-date on the new series yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.