main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Yes please. No hideous brown robes

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

2. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    ps3 controller on my right hand and slice of pizza on my left, with Skyrim on

3. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    I hope Hamill gets in shape for the role

4. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    I was talking to my friend and said Carrie and mark have got to drop some weight. I'm not talking about ridiculous just sp that we have a suspension of disbelief

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

5. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    exactly nothing too extreme but both should get slim, and I hope Mark gets to do some sword fighting

6. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Yes. I mean, I don't think I'm being unreasonable. When Carrie got the part for Leia one of the stipulations was she had to loose weight. Fisher even says she was sent to a "fat camp"

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  7. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Getting back to Mara not calling Luke through the Force Bond when fighting Yomin Carr; wasn't Mara having to devote a lot of her power to keeping her illness at bay? An effect made worse by being in such proximity to a Yuuzhan Vong?

kataja likes this.
  8. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    Sensing one via a Force bond or in general can be both a subconscious and active part of Force use, meaning its not an ability that requires much concentration or power consumption. IIRC, this was RA Salvatore's first time in the EU, so I took it he either wasn't aware of their bond or forgot about it. The disease Mara was fighting shouldn't have any diminishing effects on her Force presence either as in the rest of the NJO books they have no issue in sensing each other saved for VP. In fact I think Mara's constant Force use would magnify her presence if anything

kataja likes this.
  9. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    yeah we need Mark Hamil to really train for this. He needs to not look like Alec Guiness fighting vader.

10. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    well he still retain his hair color....that's a plus right ? :p

11. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Yeah, too true... Hopefully he can pull off the Grand Master role well..I think he will.

12. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    right, if there is one thing I can say about Hamill he still has energy to get into character

13. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Mark is like a big kid *grins*

T-R- likes this.
  14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Can't wait to see Mark as Luke again

15. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    one must wonder if he'll get to do some actual sword fighting...[face_praying]

here's hoping he looks like this or my avatar

[​IMG]

T-R- likes this.
  16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    That would be nice...but they might cast the Big Three in supporting roles if they are trying to do an all new story.

17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Might be a cross between the 2, but both are great renditions.

I lot of people think this, but based on Lucas' descriptions of the ST from 1980 on (up until 1999 or so when he denied it existed) Luke was the main character. In his 60's. I don't think Lucas changes his story.

18. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Well, I guess we'll see in 2015.

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I don't think we'll have to wait that long. Something will leak or be advertised.

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Just reading the NJO for the first time (currently in the middle of book 3) and man is Luke boring compared to his movie self. It's like his personality got replaced by an eversmiling, never passionate grandpa persona. I hope in the ST they don't follow this kind of portrayal of him. I want an alive and human Luke with a bit of humor.

21. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    We can only hope so.

22. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    fingers crossed then that they have more to do than just standing around. I hope the film integrates them as well as the young generation in a nice mesh of the old and new working together.

Agreed he looks awesome and regal at the same time :)

Lucas also a bit of say as the consultant...so I'm hoping Luke is central to the plot

Hello Darth Pevra, welcome to the thread :). NJO is a mixed bag for Luke's characterization. Many of us would complain that Luke is too inactive and reserved in the first couple of books of NJO. There is also the issue that he's restraining his Force use, so in a way Del-Rey is handicapping him. I do think he shines i a few books like Onslaught and TUF but it's really a case of quantity over quality

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Hello too. Luke and Vader are my favorite characters (Vader more so but I like Luke very much too). :)

It's good that he will get a few kickass scenes. Luke was always such an active person in the movies and it's weird to read about such a passive version of the character.
    What I find ironic: A younger Luke would probably have sided with Kyp anyway but in the NJO they are rivals.

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    One of the weakest and most contrived elements of NJO for me, yet it didn't have to be so!

25. Mat Skywalker

May 8, 2005
    but JB what about .......drama and......conflict ? :rolleyes: :p

passive is the word, thankfully Invasion the NJO comic series fixes that up for Luke

Darth_Pevra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.