main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit SOS: Save Our Skywalker, Luke Skywalker (v3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think we've heard enough "Search for Luke" rumours re. Episode 7 that have been around for a while that I believe that to be a legitimate piece of the plot. That's the only thing I can think is fairly solid.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    most people on the films section think it is probably misinformation. I hope to God so

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  3. Matt Skywalker

Matt Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 26, 2014
    All I can say is I'm about ready to join JM's stance on things.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    As it didn't take the first time:

Are you all dumb?
    Are you idiots?
    They're goddamn rumours!

5. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    JJ's absolute silence on Luke's role does little to "encourage" the matter.

And I dunno, even without the rumors I don't feel Ill get what I want from Episode 7 regardless.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe he wants to keep Luke's major role in 7 a secret?

7. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008

=D=I am flippin shocked.

8. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    The rumors are getting on my nerves

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  9. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    What I find shocking is how accepting everyone is if this on the episode 7 forums. And people over there don't even see Luke as a crucial character in the universe

10. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    What do u mean by that ?

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If they hold Luke back until the third act to be the BMF of the movie, I don't think that relegates the character to pointlessness, I think, if anything, it elevates him to the BFM of the SW Universe. Luke shows up, kicks the crap outta all baddies at the end ala Yoda. That I would totally be down with.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be kinda cool. Something like what happened on whatever planet it was that Jacen had that vision in Dark Tide and Luke saved him. That would be worth it.

Revanfan1, Visitant and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011

The planet where Jacen learned the lesson about not trusting in his visions as being absolute, and from personal experience saw that the future therefore wasn't set, thereby making the idea that he'd ever have another vision and think it was the only possible future idiotic? Oh yeah, I remember that too.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  14. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    I would love to see a grand telekinetic feat from Luke in Ep 7

15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I have faith in Luke Skywalker. I have faith that JJ isn't dumb enough to destroy the character of one of the greatest cinematic heroes of our time. Whatever direction the ST is going in, I'm confident that Luke Skywalker will, in some epic way, shape the future of the galaxy far far away.

Matt Skywalker likes this.
  16. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    JediMatteus :
    I certainly wish that would be the case, JM. UNFORTUNATELY, that guy who posted the rumors tweeted in almost a gloating way that his spoilers are right and that "Bad Robot" "HATES" me.
    So, sadly, all of this is apparently true and WILL happen in the film. Luke is getting the shaft and being thrown under the bus in the film as he was in much of the EU, it seems. :(:mad:

BigAl6ft6,
    I'm sure you're right. Possible spoilers:

It seems that Luke HAS been gone for the 30 years between the two trilogies. :mad: The dumb hand thing seems to be true also, and now some are thinking that they may find that Luke has actually died and we'll only see Force ghost Luke in Episode VII. :( As much as I would hate that, I think it's likely. If Luke had survived the duel in which he was defeated, (or was at least conscious), wouldn't he have retrieved his lightsaber ? So, he seems to either be dead or badly injured, and maybe captured.

I really , really hate this! :mad:

Plus, other rumors also say that there is no new Jedi Order; and that Luke has no known offspring. :(

Jedi Ben:
    Maybe not.....:( Looking less like "rumors" as time goes on.

Matt Skywalker :
    Yeah, and that comment about Bad Robot now hating that person that posted the rumors isn't at all encouraging either.

Force Smuggler :
    If most of the film is about the search for Luke, doesn't sound like Luke will play a very major role. AND that whole hand thing suggests that Luke wouldn't be capable of doing anything major if he is alive anyway. :mad:

JediMatteus :
    I agree, JM. AND, they not only accept it, but many seem to be exited about all of this. And you're right: They're very dismissive of Luke and of the actor that plays him. Some say that Han has a huge role because Ford is such a star and disney basically doesn't trust Mark Hamill enough to give him a big part. Really sad...

BigAl6ft6 :
    That's not likely to happen.

If Luke has lost his hand and a lightsaber, he is either dead or badly injured. Sadly, there is NO WAY that Luke would be able to "kick the crap outta all the baddies at the end" if that's the case.
    They're not looking for him so he can save the galaxy. They are looking for him to save HIM.

17. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001

I used to think that was true. I don't anymore. I think poor Luke is being diminished and ruined here so the new characters can shine.

JediMatteus likes this.
  18. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014

I see no evidence to support that belief. Rumors don't sway me, and even if Luke is taken in a direction different than what I would like, I'll wait until I see the film before I decide if it was a bad move or not.

19. ChildOfWinds

Apr 7, 2001

I'm not going to see the film until I find out from people I trust if it would be worth it for me or not.. I'm not going to go see a film in which Luke is disrespected and wrecked and given no role. I didn't like the prequels. I saw them once and that was more than enough. I was actually sorry that I went to see RotS. I'm not going to make that mistake again. I'll save my money if I'm going to hate this film as seems likely.

20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
  21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    This thread, right now:

[​IMG]

22. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014

To each their own. I personally can't fathom not seeing a Star Wars film in the theater. I also never base my decisions about seeing a movie based off of others opinions, even if I trust them. Got to make up my own mind.

23. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014
  24. Matt Skywalker

Apr 26, 2014
    Well we can now confirm that one he was not on set with Ford when the accident took place, could mean the search for Luke is an actually a plot point(or he just simply was not doing that scene with Han). And also its like we all speculated that the Big 3 are in support roles.

Edit: also whats the deal ? Luke kept the same haircut for the last 30 years ?_? :p

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Mark Hamill with a bushy Obi-Wan beard is totally what I want to see what Luke Skywalker is like 30 years later. Whoo!

I highly doubt that due to events that happen off screen before the movie begins Luke Skywalker's entire role in Ep 7 would be "Help, I'm old and I can't do anything and save me" and that's all his screentime entails. Damn skippy he'll do Jedi business. He wouldn't just be constantly in peril and feeble every second he's on screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.